ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Madden 25 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=273218)

Thig Lyfe 05-20-2013 06:37 PM

Madden 25

Hey here's a thread about it

This year they're pushing owner mode:

http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/n...cle/owner-mode

I enjoy how the site's home page says "INTRODUCING Owner Mode" as if it's 2003.

Hammock Parties 05-20-2013 06:39 PM

I was enjoying owner mode...uh...six years ago.

Hammock Parties 05-20-2013 06:40 PM

They're clearing introducing RPG game elements into this now.

My interest is piqued.

I'll wait for the reviews. Maybe this is the year I buy a game console and Madden.

Thig Lyfe 05-20-2013 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Branden Albert's Huge Balls (Post 9695500)
I was enjoying owner mode...uh...six years ago.

I'LL ADMIT that it does look quite a bit more detailed than it was in Madden 2004. And now relocation is more than just a semi-hidden minor feature, which is neat.

Mav 05-20-2013 06:55 PM

just reimplementing an old feature with a few more bells and whistles. Not bad, I like it. Never should of taken it out honestly. just like they should of never taken tony Bruno out of the game. I enjoyed his overlay.

Dayze 05-20-2013 06:58 PM

I'm holding out for cool looking cut scenes of stadiums and green dots on helmets.

kcxiv 05-20-2013 07:36 PM

crap

Thig Lyfe 05-20-2013 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick91579 (Post 9695586)
just reimplementing an old feature with a few more bells and whistles. Not bad, I like it. Never should of taken it out honestly. just like they should of never taken tony Bruno out of the game. I enjoyed his overlay.

Yeah, I thought the radio show was pretty well-crafted, if a little repetitive after a couple seasons. The fake tweets are easier, I'm sure, but they're even more meaningless than actual tweets.

Dayze 05-21-2013 07:27 AM

so refresh my memory on the Owner mode that ws in place 10 years ago.

is it sort of like Dynasty mode in NCAA?
And do you still get to play the game, or is it strictly ownership etc?

I 'think' it was 2004 or so - the last time I bought it new - where you would get graded on your draft; it seemed no matter what I did I always got a bad grade and fans hated me lol. Sort of like Pioli.

Is the ownwership mode just another fluff addition to the game?

Thig Lyfe 05-21-2013 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9696800)
so refresh my memory on the Owner mode that ws in place 10 years ago.

is it sort of like Dynasty mode in NCAA?
And do you still get to play the game, or is it strictly ownership etc?

I 'think' it was 2004 or so - the last time I bought it new - where you would get graded on your draft; it seemed no matter what I did I always got a bad grade and fans hated me lol. Sort of like *****.

Is the ownwership mode just another fluff addition to the game?

In retrospect it was a little fluffy back in 04, but it looks like it's more meaningful this year.

Dayze 05-21-2013 08:04 AM

could this be the year I buy it? hmmm.
I have a butt load of games I never play anymore i could trade in.

WhitiE 05-21-2013 10:24 AM

Im buying it for the sunday ticket and also because i havent bought the last 2 or 3.

keg in kc 05-21-2013 10:56 AM

I loved it back in the day, but they lost me when they quit making it for PC.

Thig Lyfe 05-22-2013 11:13 AM

boner

WhitiE 05-22-2013 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhitiE (Post 9697169)
Im buying it for the sunday ticket and also because i havent bought the last 2 or 3.

Lol nvm

Mav 05-22-2013 11:51 AM

I skipped last years because I was pissed that they took out the traditional franchise.

I will buy it this year. I have to be able to play with the Chiefs, Browns, and 49ers in offline stuff. Reimplementing the owners mode was cool.

I actually had forgot how you could adjust concession prices, and parking and stuff to get more revenue. I also like how you can rebuild a stadium in your own city. Instead of having to always move your team.....That bothered me a lot.....I didn't want to move, and if I did, I had to create new images and shit. if I wanted to make the Cleveland browns, the Toronto browns, I should be able to. Or LA. whatever.....

Pretty pumped about it.

Fair question to the chiefs fans. How fast are you going to trade alex smith when you get the game lol.....

Sorter 05-22-2013 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick91579 (Post 9700173)
I skipped last years because I was pissed that they took out the traditional franchise.

I will buy it this year. I have to be able to play with the Chiefs, Browns, and 49ers in offline stuff. Reimplementing the owners mode was cool.

I actually had forgot how you could adjust concession prices, and parking and stuff to get more revenue. I also like how you can rebuild a stadium in your own city. Instead of having to always move your team.....That bothered me a lot.....I didn't want to move, and if I did, I had to create new images and shit. if I wanted to make the Cleveland browns, the Toronto browns, I should be able to. Or LA. whatever.....

Pretty pumped about it.

Fair question to the chiefs fans. How fast are you going to trade alex smith when you get the game lol.....

Considering the game is horrific at trading, I can probably restructure Alex and trade a 4th for Geno.

AussieChiefsFan 05-23-2013 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9700198)
Considering the game is horrific at trading, I can probably restructure Alex and trade a 4th for Geno.

Yeah the trading system is so broken it's not even funny.

007 05-23-2013 02:31 AM

I might buy the Legend edition and flip it just to get the NFL Sunday Ticket option on it.

Thig Lyfe 05-25-2013 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan (Post 9702491)
Yeah the trading system is so broken it's not even funny.

I used to love trading one of my aging stars for a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd from 1-6 teams right before the trade deadline. Worked every time.

AussieChiefsFan 05-25-2013 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thig Lyfe (Post 9709233)
I used to love trading one of my aging stars for a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd from 1-6 teams right before the trade deadline. Worked every time.

Or trade a 1st and a 3rd to the worst team in the league for their 1st. LMAO

Thig Lyfe 05-25-2013 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan (Post 9709254)
Or trade a 1st and a 3rd to the worst team in the league for their 1st. LMAO

Oh yeah, that too. Both worked.

AussieChiefsFan 05-25-2013 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thig Lyfe (Post 9709255)
Oh yeah, that too. Both worked.

It was always either too easy to get on the good side of a trade, or vice versa, never really any inbetween.

mcan 05-25-2013 09:08 PM

The "owner mode" stuff from years ago was just about the dumbest aspect of Madden ever. Why the hell do I care about concession stand prices or stadium upgrades, if I can't USE those features when I play the game.

To my mind, the single biggest thing they could do to make this game better would be to upgrade the sounds of the game. It should sound like really being there, down to the minute details.

I want to hear stadium specific EVERYTHING. The atmosphere of a real NFL game is incredible, and the game isn't even close to recreating that. Instead, they try to recreate the sound of a television broadcast (which even in real life is pretty dull) and the game sounds worse (much worse, actually) than television.

The second thing they could do is make the TIMING of the game more like a real NFL game. Now, nobody wants to sit through 3 hours of a single game. But lets face it... MLB The Show has nine full innings, with three outs per inning, and we still play that! No more "five minute quarters." where you play a full game, and your offense only runs 30 plays, but your QB has 3 TD passes, and your RB is over 100 yards. I'm sorry, that's silly. The game has been tweaked for years to make it so final game stats look realistic, and season stats are realistic, but the average yards per play has to be WAY over the top, in order to get to those numbers on 1/3rd the amount of play time. All games in Madden should have 15 minute quarters, with an accelerated clock feature. THEN, adjust the difficulty so that the results of each play are realistic. Not just the overall stats.

Mav 05-26-2013 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcan (Post 9709682)
The "owner mode" stuff from years ago was just about the dumbest aspect of Madden ever. Why the hell do I care about concession stand prices or stadium upgrades, if I can't USE those features when I play the game.

To my mind, the single biggest thing they could do to make this game better would be to upgrade the sounds of the game. It should sound like really being there, down to the minute details.

I want to hear stadium specific EVERYTHING. The atmosphere of a real NFL game is incredible, and the game isn't even close to recreating that. Instead, they try to recreate the sound of a television broadcast (which even in real life is pretty dull) and the game sounds worse (much worse, actually) than television.

The second thing they could do is make the TIMING of the game more like a real NFL game. Now, nobody wants to sit through 3 hours of a single game. But lets face it... MLB The Show has nine full innings, with three outs per inning, and we still play that! No more "five minute quarters." where you play a full game, and your offense only runs 30 plays, but your QB has 3 TD passes, and your RB is over 100 yards. I'm sorry, that's silly. The game has been tweaked for years to make it so final game stats look realistic, and season stats are realistic, but the average yards per play has to be WAY over the top, in order to get to those numbers on 1/3rd the amount of play time. All games in Madden should have 15 minute quarters, with an accelerated clock feature. THEN, adjust the difficulty so that the results of each play are realistic. Not just the overall stats.

Starting in 2008 ish, I always played 15 min quarters with Accelerated clocks. I would usually use up just about all the play clock as well with motions, and things like that just to keep the score and stats down, and I played on all madden difficulty. I never understood the infatuation with people playing with 5 min quarters. I didn't need to get through a season in a week though. I was okay. I just wish there was more of a true Progression system in the game so that I could make players who make plays better.

Mother****erJones 05-26-2013 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick91579 (Post 9710668)
Starting in 2008 ish, I always played 15 min quarters with Accelerated clocks. I would usually use up just about all the play clock as well with motions, and things like that just to keep the score and stats down, and I played on all madden difficulty. I never understood the infatuation with people playing with 5 min quarters. I didn't need to get through a season in a week though. I was okay. I just wish there was more of a true Progression system in the game so that I could make players who make plays better.

I play with about 7 or 8 minute quarters. The stats I get in those games are pretty realistic.

Thig Lyfe 05-27-2013 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick91579 (Post 9710668)

Offseason is one of my favorite parts of the game (when it's done well, which I guess is rarely) so I'd rather not have seasons take forever. I like gradually building my own team with my own pieces.

Mav 05-27-2013 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thig Lyfe (Post 9712483)
Offseason is one of my favorite parts of the game (when it's done well, which I guess is rarely) so I'd rather not have seasons take forever. I like gradually building my own team with my own pieces.

I would usually try to trade away pieces at the very start that I had no interest in, and bring in guys that I could develop over the long term. And then lock them up. I enjoy offseason as well.

Mother****erJones 05-27-2013 12:55 PM

I had more fun with the offseason than the actual season itself. The ticket prices and shit was stupid though because it didn't have an effect on the game.

Thig Lyfe 05-27-2013 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick91579 (Post 9712492)
I would usually try to trade away pieces at the very start that I had no interest in, and bring in guys that I could develop over the long term. And then lock them up. I enjoy offseason as well.

I remember trading away all the shitty overrated (on Madden anyway) Chiefs players I hated for as many draft picks as I could get. Very cathartic.

Thig Lyfe 05-27-2013 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thig Lyfe (Post 9712616)
I remember trading away all the shitty overrated (on Madden anyway) Chiefs players I hated for as many draft picks as I could get. Very cathartic.

For example, trading Cassel in 09 when he was like 89 overall or some insane bullshit, getting tons of great offensive weapons, and using them to turn Thigpen into the 3-time MVP he was always meant to be.

Thig Lyfe 05-28-2013 01:09 PM

Looks like you still can't try and keep your old name and look if you move to a new city...

Mother****erJones 05-28-2013 03:55 PM

God I hope they have put import a draft class back in

Mav 05-28-2013 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thig Lyfe (Post 9712616)

I would routinely do that with the browns roster. Trade everyone just about except for Haden, and Joe Thomas. Completely gut the roster.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thig Lyfe (Post 9714343)
Looks like you still can't try and keep your old name and look if you move to a new city...

Yeah, but for a team like say the 49ers, I wouldn't want to move their city anyways. they get their new stadium in 2014 but, I would want a new stadium now, considering they play in an absolute dump right now.

Thig Lyfe 05-28-2013 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 9714776)
God I hope they have put import a draft class back in

Apparently they do.

Mav 05-28-2013 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thig Lyfe (Post 9715965)
Apparently they do.

Everything they took out last year, they put back. Offline Franchise modes, fantasy drafts, import of draft classes.

http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/n...cted-franchise

Now, I cant wait for this game. seriously...

Thig Lyfe 05-29-2013 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thig Lyfe (Post 9714343)

Oh wait, this article says you can!

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/05/22/ma...-revive-histo/

That's cool! But it kinda sucks that you're limited to 17 cities. Madden 2004 let you move pretty much anywhere. Eventually I had teams in Hawaii and Davenport, Iowa.

lcarus 05-29-2013 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thig Lyfe (Post 9716047)
Oh wait, this article says you can!

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/05/22/ma...-revive-histo/

That's cool! But it kinda sucks that you're limited to 17 cities. Madden 2004 let you move pretty much anywhere. Eventually I had teams in Hawaii and Davenport, Iowa.

Lol yeah I had a team in Alaska. All pink. Raped faces and won like 5 straight Super Bowls before I lost interest and moved on to other games. The Anchorage Creampies I think it was.

Thig Lyfe 06-01-2013 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9716312)
Lol yeah I had a team in Alaska. All pink. Raped faces and won like 5 straight Super Bowls before I lost interest and moved on to other games. The Anchorage Creampies I think it was.

That's so #fresh!!!

Mother****erJones 06-02-2013 09:47 PM

Nice! Last years sucked because they took the Franchise mode off

Mav 06-03-2013 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 9726209)
Nice! Last years sucked because they took the Franchise mode off

lol, and took away the ability to change positions, if you bumped an offensive linemen with your rb, you fell over like you had been shot with a bazooka, they still had the LB super jump, and destroyed any ability to play offline with your friends.

Other than that, the game was a ****ing peach lol.

I know what you are saying, but the games failure is illustrated by the stuff they are putting back in, and claiming it as new features. Pricing? that is so 2005....

Jiu Jitsu Jon 06-03-2013 09:43 AM

Was reading that you won't get to use the Sunday Ticket on your mobile device with this unless you live somewhere that can't get DirecTV. No just calling them and telling them you can't get DirecTV either. They will actually send someone out to your place to verify.

Mother****erJones 06-03-2013 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick91579 (Post 9726416)
lol, and took away the ability to change positions, if you bumped an offensive linemen with your rb, you fell over like you had been shot with a bazooka, they still had the LB super jump, and destroyed any ability to play offline with your friends.

Other than that, the game was a ****ing peach lol.

I know what you are saying, but the games failure is illustrated by the stuff they are putting back in, and claiming it as new features. Pricing? that is so 2005....

Ya I just wasn't in the mood to explain all the bullshit in the game. The sidelines look pathetic and so do coaches and their attire. Some players still look like play station 1. Tyson Jackson for instance, he isn't that good but he was the 3rd overall player taken in 2009, looked like play station.

The stadium and crowds were a joke too.

As for the game, I haven't played in months so I forgot some of the stupid shit like LB super jump and bullshit INTs where you could run an jump the route and drop it but run stride for stride and catch it over your head.

mcan 11-09-2013 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 9710788)
I play with about 7 or 8 minute quarters. The stats I get in those games are pretty realistic.

Really? How? Seems to me that in order to be "realistic" you're either running 50-70 plays on offense but only using 10 seconds of the play clock every snap, or you're running 25-35 plays a game and getting twice the usual results. Neither, to my mind is realistic. What you wind up doing is tweaking sliders over and over again to make the defense just crappy enough to get realistic scores and yardage stats in half the plays. Crappy defense does not a fun game make, imo.

I want realistic football. I want gap shooting. I want to take advantage of matchups where I think my guy will beat their guy and exploit weaknesses in formations. I want it to be TOUGH to score 20 points or more for BOTH teams. In Madden, I usually can get make the game pretty damn tough if I bump sliders up, but then MY defense gets creamed when the computer QB becomes Steve Young and Joe Montana's love child. I want a pass rush that I have to scheme around, and I want my opponent to do the same.

The current game is WAY too menu deep and WAY too game shallow.

Mama Hip Rockets 11-09-2013 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcan (Post 10172045)
Really? How? Seems to me that in order to be "realistic" you're either running 50-70 plays on offense but only using 10 seconds of the play clock every snap, or you're running 25-35 plays a game and getting twice the usual results. Neither, to my mind is realistic. What you wind up doing is tweaking sliders over and over again to make the defense just crappy enough to get realistic scores and yardage stats in half the plays. Crappy defense does not a fun game make, imo.

Truth. I have always loved Madden and it usually annoys me when people complain about it every year, but this year's version was just unplayable. I played three games in my franchise and then sold it because I couldn't handle the horrid defense anymore. I was just playing with standard settings and even adjusted the tackling sliders, and I couldn't stop anyone on defense. In one game, I gave up 400+ rushing yards and 7 TDs to LeSean McCoy. Most of those TDs were 50+ yards. I would hit him at the line of scrimmage, he'd keep going and drag four defenders with him for 8 or 9 yards every play. Just a remarkably frustrating experience, especially when you're playing with the best defense in the NFL.

Dayze 11-09-2013 02:28 PM

I've been playing in Franchise mode for th first time the last couple of nights; I can say, the AI in the gameplay is really really bad. OL probably being the worst. Don't even attempt to run a screen of any kind.

on defense, the play will always go in the opposite direction. the pre-snap is when the computer identifies you and runs a ****ed up play against you. Last night I was using Tamba. Pre-snap I was on the LOS ; the play call was for a blitz, but I backed out of it on my own. I line up on the LOS then bail out on his blind side; and the ****ing RIGHT GUARD pulls around and tries to block me while I'm in zone standing on the numbers.

terrible game play. It's been broken for probably 7 years.

Mother****erJones 11-09-2013 03:26 PM

This game is a train wreck. Playing the broncos is so ****ing boring. The AI is terrible. Hopefully the game is light years better than this shit.

CrazyPhuD 11-11-2013 01:22 AM

OK I feel like sharing my madden 25 Ultimate team laugher story of the day. SO I play it irregularly, I'd probably play more but I don't have the time. Still I got the directv edition so I get free directv packs once a week. My team is ok it's 80 rated with a pretty solid secondary.(Heh Deion Sanders is my dime CB Flowers is my nickle).

I decided to play the last game of the team of the week from last week so I can get DJs special collectible to eventually try to get DJ. 94 Rated Chiefs team on All-Madden I thought it was going to be rough.

But then I remembered I'm playing against Alex Smith, kick off to the Chiefs. Slow Jamaal just enough that when Alex attempts his first pas....INT.... My first roll on offense and my running play gets just blown up. Second play I get almost no time to throw the ball and they get the only sack of the game. After that I realize I have to throw much quicker. My OL just isn't good enough to provide much protection.(and ironically Alex Smith is my QB too! :D)

Forced to punt the first series and the chiefs get the ball back....his Alex drops back to pass....INT again....(thank you alex smith!). Finally switching to a short pass, quick out slant and comeback game and I'm marching down the field. They're mostly still blowing up my run game but Forte is getting just enough to keep them honest.

So long as I don't turn the ball(heh DJ jumped a crossing route to rob one of my WRs) over I'm moving the ball at will. Middle of the 4th I'm up 14-3 and moving the ball well when I **** up and miss-press a button. I had a guy open on a curl and instead of throwing the bullet my Alex throws the lob...his Flowers catches up and jumps the route.:cuss:

Now back on D...first play from his 15, his Alex throws the ball into traffic...my Flowers makes a crazy INT and runs it in for the defensive TD icing the game. LOL in the span of two plays it went my Alex Smith INT to his Flowers, then his Alex Smith INT to my Flowers for the defensive TD.

Am I allowed to say we designed that play at halftime and executed it to perfection? o:-)

Sure-Oz 11-11-2013 01:42 AM

So...dont buy this huh? Seems like every year its considered awful

Dayze 11-11-2013 09:52 AM

it's 'ok'. I mean, it's entertaining, but in no way can you predict the play of your OL....or anyone else on your team/opposing team.

there are times that no matter what you call on offense or defense, the computer will have it's way with you. I like playing close games, and for it to be a bit hard (ie no 'money' plays to run 20 times a game). But, there are times when it's obvious the only reason it's a 'competitive' game is because of dumbass shit.

Dayze 11-12-2013 03:52 PM

played last night in my franchise.

what a turd of a game. So, I play the Broncos for the first time. Every other team, you can see what personnel they planning on coming out with on offense before you pick your defense.

...not the broncos. lol. So I guess it's just a wild assed guess. and, any movement of your controls with Manning on offense he'll change the play.

dj56dt58 11-12-2013 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 10181498)

what a turd of a game. So, I play the Broncos for the first time. Every other team, you can see what personnel they planning on coming out with on offense before you pick your defense.

...not the broncos. lol. So I guess it's just a wild assed guess. and, any movement of your controls with Manning on offense he'll change the play.

The Broncos are cheating..sounds realistic to me

Gravedigger 12-22-2013 05:39 AM

This game is damn aweful. I just got it for Christmas from the in laws and I feel so terrible for asking for it. Defense is shit, I never intercept a pass when I go up for it it just awkwardly falls to the ground. The only time I get an interception it's because it was thrown right to me with no receiver around. The last Madden game I broke tackles, I ran screens for long gains, in this game I get touched one time and I trip and fall down. Also the acceleration from stand still is aweful in this game. I'll go through the tutorials and give this game more chances but through the first two games with no tutorials on NORMAL, I'm frustrated because I'm terrible and on all the old Madden games I could pick up the controller and dominate. Big let down so far.

Mother****erJones 12-22-2013 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 10181498)

LMAO

He used to be fun to play but not this years for me. He just ran the play clock down and it was so boring.

ThaVirus 12-24-2013 10:50 PM

This game still sucks but Jamaal is a 99 overall.

DBOSHO 12-25-2013 07:26 AM

Bought call of duty for the xbox one, but i didnt like it, so i traded it and my 360 madden in for a next gen copy.

Its a little bit better. Running with the ball feels more realistic as theres momentum and you cant cut on a dime at full speed. Defense is better i guess. When you play the broncos peyton doesnt take 15 seconds to hike the ball.

Visually it looks better. Jamaal doesnt have dreads and his skincolor is about mcclusters color so thats different. But otherwise yhe menus and stuff look almost exactly the same.

I wish madden would release the rights so 2k could make another game. When you see the difference in quality between nba 2k and nba live, its astonishing. I know its apples to oranges, but the gameplay is so sloppy in madden.