ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games NCAA Football 2014 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274394)

Dayze 07-09-2013 01:47 AM

NCAA Football 2014

Releases today 7/9

Though, honestly haven't seen even a single commercial until early this morning.

I wonder if its more of the same.... Hmm.

Trailer:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/cTklaI3EAm0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Gameplay
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/waRdALtP5Aw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

RTG
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/-gJpcURE1sg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dayze 07-09-2013 05:54 AM

soo......sort of looks the damned same.
at least graphics wise.

I play a lot of RTG and I really hope they fixed some shit.
The thing that I hated (among many) is the way you acquire sill points (for lack of a better word). It was essentially based entirely on catches, yds, tds etc.
I REALLY wish they would adopt the 2K series of getting an overall grade after the game, in doing what you’re supposed to do during the play.

For example – it’s entirely pointless to, as a WR, actually play you dude during running plays. Zero. You should at least get some sort of grade for doing your job. Same with playing CB or Safety. You only get graded on tackles and INTs;. So, as a CB, I can completely abandon my dude and go across the field to make a tackle on a pass/WR and get points. WTF. On the flip side, as a CB you can get smoked in your zone for a 15 yard play for missing your assignment and still get awarded points.

It makes certain aspects of it (aside from QB and RB) pointless. Just line up as a CB 20 yds off the WR and make tackles and you’re good. And really, the same goes for any defensive position.
Pointless to play DL or OL. They need to add a TE position.

2k Nailed their My Player mode, IMO. Hell, I’d almost buy a game that was strictly a My Player oriented game if it were more in-depth off the field; and you could play from High School into the Pros.

The Franchise 07-09-2013 09:12 AM

You're going to be disappointed. Every review I've seen mentions that they didn't touch RTG.

Dayze 07-09-2013 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9800533)
You're going to be disappointed. Every review I've seen mentions that they didn't touch RTG.

well, piss.

The Franchise 07-09-2013 09:52 AM

They fixed the running game, offensive line blocking and integrated the option more. You can actually run designed shovel pass plays now.

The Franchise 07-09-2013 09:52 AM

And the recruiting now is back to points instead of minutes and you get coaches points that you can use to level up certain aspects.....kind of like an RPG feel.

Dayze 07-09-2013 10:09 AM

Hmmm. Interesting on the recruiting. I can't remember the last version that has it.

just that call BS.

The Franchise 07-09-2013 10:17 AM

My main issue with the game is the training aspect. You will repeatedly run into DTs in recruiting that are 260 lbs with 75 strength. How hard is it to program a training regimen into the game where you can recruit those guys.....and let them build up over the 4 years? They never get bigger and their strength never goes up enough to where they can actually play. It's ****ing stupid.

Fansy the Famous Bard 07-09-2013 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9800654)
My main issue with the game is the training aspect. You will repeatedly run into DTs in recruiting that are 260 lbs with 75 strength. How hard is it to program a training regimen into the game where you can recruit those guys.....and let them build up over the 4 years? They never get bigger and their strength never goes up enough to where they can actually play. It's ****ing stupid.

Yes, that is frustrating... that being said, leaving now to go pick up my copy over lunch.

Dayze 07-09-2013 11:10 AM

I might have to wait and see this year for once. It's usually a day one purchase for me each year

The Franchise 07-09-2013 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9800750)
I might have to wait and see this year for once. It's usually a day one purchase for me each year

I'll always purchase the NCAA games. I've got a couple of friends that we do online dynasties every year. The replay value is just to much with this game not to purchase it. Sucks I have to stay away from RTG though. That shit is beyond broken.

Dayze 07-09-2013 11:16 AM

yep; true.
I like RTG when I want some quick, brainless games.
the main thing that's broken, IMO is the lack of skill updgrade or overall grade based on what your job is on the play call. Just hang back 30 yards and wait for a WR to catch it; tackle = points! yay! DL is ****ing worthless. DE too.

shit, I dunno. you bring up a good point about replay-ability

The Franchise 07-09-2013 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9800765)
yep; true.
I like RTG when I want some quick, brainless games.
the main thing that's broken, IMO is the lack of skill updgrade or overall grade based on what your job is on the play call. Just hang back 30 yards and wait for a WR to catch it; tackle = points! yay! DL is ****ing worthless. DE too.

shit, I dunno. you bring up a good point about replay-ability

There is so much that you can do in the game that makes it worth it. Shit....just dynasty alone is worth the $60. At any given time....I've got 3 dynasties going. An online dynasty with my friends, my own personal Notre Dame dynasty and then I'll take some shit team and try build them up or get a better job offer.

Dayze 07-09-2013 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9800776)
There is so much that you can do in the game that makes it worth it. Shit....just dynasty alone is worth the $60. At any given time....I've got 3 dynasties going. An online dynasty with my friends, my own personal Notre Dame dynasty and then I'll take some shit team and try build them up or get a better job offer.

the only dynasty I tried last year (first time ever) I took Bowling Green just because they were turds. I think I was in year 6 and got to be pretty good. was able to pull in recruits that were better etc.

I did try one as Alabama but it was too easy I thought. could basically get anyone you wanted (which....I guess is sort of like real life lol).

shit....now I might have to pick it up on the way home. :banghead:

The Franchise 07-09-2013 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9800781)
the only dynasty I tried last year (first time ever) I took Bowling Green just because they were turds. I think I was in year 6 and got to be pretty good. was able to pull in recruits that were better etc.

I did try one as Alabama but it was too easy I thought. could basically get anyone you wanted (which....I guess is sort of like real life lol).

shit....now I might have to pick it up on the way home. :banghead:

Are you PS3 or 360?

Dayze 07-09-2013 11:26 AM

PS3

The Franchise 07-09-2013 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9800790)
PS3

Same here. If you get it....let me know. I'll see if we can open a spot for you in our dynasty. We usually start off with 3 star teams....Heisman difficulty.

Dayze 07-09-2013 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9800803)
Same here. If you get it....let me know. I'll see if we can open a spot for you in our dynasty. We usually start off with 3 star teams....Heisman difficulty.

:hmmm:
what do you mean there?

Dayze The Stupid

The Franchise 07-09-2013 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9800807)
:hmmm:
what do you mean there?

Dayze The Stupid

It means.....if you want.....I'll invite you to our online dynasty that we play.

Dayze 07-09-2013 11:43 AM

lol.
well, what is an online dynasty?stupid question, I know.

The Franchise 07-09-2013 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9800823)
lol.
well, what is an online dynasty?stupid question, I know.

You've never played an online dynasty?

You can have up to 12 of your friends (who own the game obviously) play in the same dynasty as you. You're all going after the same recruits.....competing for one national championship. It's a lot harder than playing against the computer because you can schedule human vs human games....and if you're in the same conference....you'll play each other all of the time.

Dayze 07-09-2013 11:51 AM

shit...I'd get destroyed lol

Fansy the Famous Bard 07-09-2013 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9800776)

I do the same thing.

I have an online Dynasty team, I play my own personal Kansas dynasty, and then well... for the third thing just refer to the Kansas dynasty again.

Fansy the Famous Bard 07-09-2013 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9800803)

How about we get a CP dynasty league going? :)

Demonpenz 07-09-2013 12:14 PM

At the heart of chiefsplanet there are some football junkies. Good to see.

Mav 07-09-2013 01:21 PM

I bought it today. I have a 360, I would be interested in getting together a few guys for a dynasty. Id like to use my tarheels.....

Fansy the Famous Bard 07-09-2013 03:23 PM

Gonna bust it open as soon as I get off work and have the kids fed. Will report on the findings tomorrow.

AndChiefs 07-09-2013 03:44 PM

I might consider buying it if we had a dynasty. I'd assume you'd probably want to advance more often than once a week though. I can't play on a weekday.

Fansy the Famous Bard 07-10-2013 07:08 AM

Did the first thing I always do when I buy the game. I go in and create the Jayhawks team mirroring as close to possible to Real life.

Still cannot delete a player that is already on the team (Chris martin).... drats! So have to completely remake him into a different player that was left off by the makers, heh... Anyway, played one game on Varsity vs K-State... they pretty much dominated me... but I got a late drive at the end of the first have to kick a field goal to tie at 10... then went up 20-17 with a minute left in the game... KSU drove all the way down to the 10 with 9 seconds they went for it... and got stopped, clock ran out and KU wins.

AI hasn't improved at all... why not kick the field goal... or at least pass the ball instead of running it from 10 yards out with less than 10 seconds left and no time outs.

The Franchise 07-10-2013 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke (Post 9802720)
Did the first thing I always do when I buy the game. I go in and create the Jayhawks team mirroring as close to possible to Real life.

Still cannot delete a player that is already on the team (Chris martin).... drats! So have to completely remake him into a different player that was left off by the makers, heh... Anyway, played one game on Varsity vs K-State... they pretty much dominated me... but I got a late drive at the end of the first have to kick a field goal to tie at 10... then went up 20-17 with a minute left in the game... KSU drove all the way down to the 10 with 9 seconds they went for it... and got stopped, clock ran out and KU wins.

AI hasn't improved at all... why not kick the field goal... or at least pass the ball instead of running it from 10 yards out with less than 10 seconds left and no time outs.

What are you playing it on? All American? Heisman?

And I generally wait a couple of days after the game comes out.....there will be a free roster out there that's named. The guy that releases the roster gets rid of the people that shouldn't be there.

Lzen 07-10-2013 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9802904)
What are you playing it on? All American? Heisman?

And I generally wait a couple of days after the game comes out.....there will be a free roster out there that's named. The guy that releases the roster gets rid of the people that shouldn't be there.

Varsity. :doh!:

The Franchise 07-10-2013 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 9802991)
Varsity. :doh!:

I've been playing on Heisman for a couple of years now. It's way more realistic. The only problem you'll run into is there are games where the computer will REFUSE to ****ing lose. It doesn't matter what you do....they're winning that game.

Dayze 07-10-2013 11:08 AM

I got it and played RTG last night; overall it's 'ok'. Pretty much the same as it has been the previous 2 years. only difference is some new tackling animations; seems a LOT more fluid now. Before, RTG was clunky when running/moving etc - not smooth at all. Seems a lot better now, at least compared to what it was. Looks really good, a little better than the past 2. But, overall - unchanged.

since you don't have an option to change plays etc when first starting, the same 6 plays cycle over and over and over and over again. That really sucks. Maybe it's not literall '6' plays, but its the same small handful of plays run again and again.

Fansy the Famous Bard 07-10-2013 02:52 PM

I played on Varsity for the first game, but the disparity between KU and K-State is bad. Some of the better JUCO guys that KU has picked up this offseason aren't on the roster, or are really badly rated... Chris Omigie is one of hte top rated players... (Gag)

Lzen 07-11-2013 05:10 AM

Is it just me or does it seem that you can't play defense in this version?

Dayze 07-11-2013 07:10 AM

I haven't even attempted it yet. I'm focusing on running through a RTG position/4 years to see how much has changed/hasn't changed. Then I'm hopping into Dynasty.

what is the lack of defense? tackling? getting sucked into blocks?

Fansy the Famous Bard 07-11-2013 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9804801)
I haven't even attempted it yet. I'm focusing on running through a RTG position/4 years to see how much has changed/hasn't changed. Then I'm hopping into Dynasty.

what is the lack of defense? tackling? getting sucked into blocks?

changing direction is difficult... it's as if hips are stuck one way and take forever to change direction... The arcade zig-zagging is a thing of the past.

Dayze 07-11-2013 08:49 AM

hmm. Interesting.

Imon Yourside 07-11-2013 09:32 AM

So the overall reaction thus far is, negative?

Fansy the Famous Bard 07-11-2013 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9804915)
hmm. Interesting.

Learning the way of the Strafe is very important, especially when "breaking down" to meet a ballcarrier... It's difficult.

AussieChiefsFan 07-11-2013 09:49 AM

I wasn't going to buy it, but a friend of mine asked if I wanted to split the price to buy the game. May aswell I guess.

Setsuna 07-11-2013 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9803001)
I've been playing on Heisman for a couple of years now. It's way more realistic. The only problem you'll run into is there are games where the computer will REFUSE to ****ing lose. It doesn't matter what you do....they're winning that game.

LOL I remember that. I'd play LSU or Alabama and no matter what I did they would either get a timely pick or have their impact player, usually a RB, break 50 tackles and run for a TD. It sucked so bad that I always turned it off and played it again.

Dayze 07-12-2013 07:37 AM

I think ('think') EA's exclusivity is up in 2014; same with NCAA.

thank god.
2K will destroy them if their football games are anything like their NBA series.

AussieChiefsFan 07-12-2013 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9806959)
I think ('think') EA's exclusivity is up in 2014; same with NCAA.

thank god.
2K will destroy them if their football games are anything like their NBA series.

Hopefully the league doesn't just renew the license with EA immediately, like last time.

Dayze 07-12-2013 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan (Post 9806978)
Hopefully the league doesn't just renew the license with EA immediately, like last time.

it's been a while since I read up on it, but I think the NFLPA is the one who doesn't renew. shit who knows. I remember coming away from reading something with the thought of EA being out of the running this time.

AussieChiefsFan 07-12-2013 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9806984)
it's been a while since I read up on it, but I think the NFLPA is the one who doesn't renew. shit who knows. I remember coming away from reading something with the thought of EA being out of the running this time.

Oh I think you're right, it's the NFLPA. But yeah, a few years ago I think everyone was wondering what would happen EAs exclusivity coming to an end, but they ended up just renewing the exclusive license.

Dayze 07-12-2013 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan (Post 9806987)
Oh I think you're right, it's the NFLPA. But yeah, a few years ago I think everyone was wondering what would happen EAs exclusivity coming to an end, but they ended up just renewing the exclusive license.

yep; I remember too. I think it was due to expire in 2012 but they extended it. something like that.

please god let them not renew.

Pepe Silvia 07-12-2013 04:24 PM

I love building dynasty's with shit schools. Great challenge.

AussieChiefsFan 07-13-2013 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9807183)
yep; I remember too. I think it was due to expire in 2012 but they extended it. something like that.

please god let them not renew.

This.

The Franchise 07-15-2013 09:53 AM

This game is broken as shit. Jesus Christ. This may be the last year that I buy a game from this franchise.

Heisman defense is ****ing broken. The read option is to powerful. Recruiting was supposed to be quicker and easier....it's not.

OmahaChief 07-15-2013 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9813297)
The read option is to powerful. Recruiting was supposed to be quicker and easier....it's not.

I am getting gashed by the read option. Playing with a a good team against a scrub team the QB is still running for dang near 100 ypg.

I like parts of the new recruiting deal but I really lislike the interface. I don't hink it is easy to follow and is a bit cumbersome. The time I used to spend on calls is now spent just trying to figure out things on the screen and how to move them. I do like the one shot scouting though.

So far I am at least having fun and that is important. The game is not perfect but at least it is not unplayable like a few versions in the past.

Dayze 07-15-2013 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9813297)
This game is broken as shit. Jesus Christ. This may be the last year that I buy a game from this franchise.

Heisman defense is ****ing broken. The read option is to powerful. Recruiting was supposed to be quicker and easier....it's not.

hmmm.
I'm not nearly ready for Heisman yet, but....sounds like I shouldn't expect much lol

The Franchise 07-15-2013 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OmahaChief (Post 9813336)
I am getting gashed by the read option. Playing with a a good team against a scrub team the QB is still running for dang near 100 ypg.

I like parts of the new recruiting deal but I really lislike the interface. I don't hink it is easy to follow and is a bit cumbersome. The time I used to spend on calls is now spent just trying to figure out things on the screen and how to move them. I do like the one shot scouting though.

So far I am at least having fun and that is important. The game is not perfect but at least it is not unplayable like a few versions in the past.

Here is my main problem with the Read Option in this game.

It was a great idea to add it to the game and the basis of how it works in the game is great. Where they ****ed up....was adding it to EVERY ****ING PLAYBOOK in the game. You've got QBs that have 70 speed running the read option and getting 10 yards per carry. And they're getting it because they made the AI of the defender into that of a rock.

Then to make sure that everyone would try out the read option.....they took out almost half of the running plays from the previous year. It's pretty much like they're making it so you HAVE to run the read option.

And don't get me started on the defense portion of this game. Go try and play against a team that has a decently fast QB that has a little above average accuracy. You can't defend anything they throw at you. And then on offense.....the computer punishes you for every mistake you make.

OmahaChief 07-15-2013 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9813356)
Here is my main problem with the Read Option in this game.

It was a great idea to add it to the game and the basis of how it works in the game is great. Where they ****ed up....was adding it to EVERY ****ING PLAYBOOK in the game. You've got QBs that have 70 speed running the read option and getting 10 yards per carry. And they're getting it because they made the AI of the defender into that of a rock.

Then to make sure that everyone would try out the read option.....they took out almost half of the running plays from the previous year. It's pretty much like they're making it so you HAVE to run the read option.

And don't get me started on the defense portion of this game. Go try and play against a team that has a decently fast QB that has a little above average accuracy. You can't defend anything they throw at you. And then on offense.....the computer punishes you for every mistake you make.

Great point on the playbooks. Teddy Bridgewater was destroying me last night with the read option. Pretty sure Louisville did not run the read option 15 to 20 times a game last year.

Dayze 07-15-2013 11:49 AM

I never select the read-option on offense; and If I'm in RTG and it's called, I aubile out of it if possible.

The Franchise 07-15-2013 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9813522)
I never select the read-option on offense; and If I'm in RTG and it's called, I aubile out of it if possible.

You're going to fail in dynasty mode then. They've made it so that you HAVE to run it to keep up with the computer.

Dayze 07-15-2013 11:54 AM

shit.
my reflexes are fast enough to read the end lol.

Aspengc8 07-15-2013 12:48 PM

If your having a hard time stopping the read option, or even triple option, change your coaching strategies (I think its left bumper on the play select screen). I set it to aggressive I think (the one that says to defender will crash on the QB and leave pitch man), and user the MLB or SS, come down and clean up the run. If its a triple, just scrape and the QB will pitch fast and you can string the play out for a 1 or 2 yard gain only, if that.

I only really play online though, so I'm sure the CPU will find a way to cheat.

The Franchise 07-15-2013 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 9813628)
If your having a hard time stopping the read option, or even triple option, change your coaching strategies (I think its left bumper on the play select screen). I set it to aggressive I think (the one that says to defender will crash on the QB and leave pitch man), and user the MLB or SS, come down and clean up the run. If its a triple, just scrape and the QB will pitch fast and you can string the play out for a 1 or 2 yard gain only, if that.

I only really play online though, so I'm sure the CPU will find a way to cheat.

And that's EA for you. Break something and require the user to do some reeruned ass shit to get it back to normal.

Aspengc8 07-16-2013 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9813748)
And that's EA for you. Break something and require the user to do some reeruned ass shit to get it back to normal.

Whats reeruned about it? You have to have someone account for the QB, just like real life.

The Franchise 07-16-2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 9815375)
Whats reeruned about it? You have to have someone account for the QB, just like real life.

Show me in real life where a slow ass QB runs the read option for 8-9 ypc. The read option is fine in the game....if they kept in certain playbooks. Unfortunately they put that shit in every ****ing playbook in the game.

Mav 07-16-2013 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9815381)
Show me in real life where a slow ass QB runs the read option for 8-9 ypc. The read option is fine in the game....if they kept in certain playbooks. Unfortunately they put that shit in every ****ing playbook in the game.

I thought that was just me. The Clown qb for south Carolina is ****ing Michael vick lol

The Franchise 07-16-2013 01:47 PM

My point is this.....

In past games....you could adjust your defensive plan according to the team you played. Playing Alabama? Be prepared to get beat up by the run and watch the play action. Playing Georgia Tech? Be prepared to keep an eye on the QB and keep your safeties close to the LOS. Playing Oregon? Be prepared to get spread out and burned a lot.

What they've done now is throw the read option into every playbook and now the computer (no matter what team it is) has an unlimited arsenal to throw at you. QB beating you with the read option? Stack the box and control the MLB. As soon as you do that....the computer instantly turns it around and starts passing all over you. It also doesn't help that the defense in this game is ****ing broken. And by broken....I mean smashed into pieces.

They've completely ruined this game and franchise.

Aspengc8 07-16-2013 02:06 PM

Maybe play online then so you don't have to worry about the CPU cheating?

Mav 07-17-2013 12:59 PM

NCAA is not renewing its contract with EA SPORTS. Contract ends in June of 2014. Yikes.

-King- 07-17-2013 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick91579 (Post 9817770)
NCAA is not renewing its contract with EA SPORTS. Contract ends in June of 2014. Yikes.

Of course they didn't renew it. Pressure was building for them to pay the players as they should. They took the coward way out.

The Franchise 08-29-2013 12:17 PM

I'll try and keep my NCAA bitching in this thread instead of the Madden thread.

Dayze 08-29-2013 01:46 PM

I think I'm going to play a few games and try to adjust the sliders. I'd love to play 8min Qtrs, but I'm not interested in unrealistic stat lines and score game in and game out.
I think I've dorked around with Road To Glory enough now.

Lzen 01-27-2014 09:46 AM

Anyone else still playing this? This is pretty much the only game that I still play regularly. Well, I take that back. I have been playing a lot Rocksmith 2014 since I got it last month. Still, I play more NCAA 2014. They did fix some of the problems with the defense. I have found that I am able to play a little defense now. And keep in mind that I always take Kansas. Offline dynasty - Kansas. Online dynasty - Kansas. So, I don't usually start out with real great talent to be able to play defense. But I have won the NCAA title in my offline dynasty with the Jayhawks. That was probably 4 or 5 years in, though. And that was by playing good defense. Hell, I even finished the season 12-1 in my 2nd year with KU in one dynasty. Admittedly, they had some different slider settings that were supposed to be more realistic. :hmmm:

So here is an issue that I have run into recently. I have been in online leagues since the beginning. But one of my commissioners asked me to join another of his leagues. I joined at the preseason and am now 5-0. But there is a major problem. This dynasty makes you create your coach. I think created coaches in the online dynasties have something to do with this glitch. My coach is not gaining xp. If you go to coach xp goals, it is just blank. There are no goals and therefore my coach doesn't complete those goals and doesn't get xp.

Normally, this might not be a big deal. But since EA has made the coach xp have such a strong effect on everything in this game such as recruiting as well as gameplay issues like tackling and fumbling, this is a huge deal. I have seen thousands of posts online about this issue but no response from EA. It doesn't appear that they are going to fix this. And that means that online leagues are going to die out.

Ugghh. Anyone know if another company is going to make an NCAA football game? Or for that matter, a NCAA basketball game?

ragedogg69 01-27-2014 10:08 AM

I played it every night, until GTA V came out. Haven't touched it since. The flaws became so much that it took away from the fun. Really EA needs to issue a giant patch to keep this alive.

The Franchise 01-27-2014 10:09 AM

No....NCAA football is dead as a franchise. EA won't have the license and for another company to buy the license....they'll have to buy a license from EVERY team in the NCAA.

I stopped playing this game. No updates to fix how broken it is.

I'm back to playing NCAA 2013 and enjoying life.

Anyong Bluth 01-27-2014 04:29 PM

I don't even play, but I'm feeling generous today and did a quick search about this issue. I have no idea if this works and will solve your problem, but it's at least worth a try?

Quote:

Hey you all, I have potentially found a fix for the coach xp glitch. Since it is a dynasty file issue I tried this and once we were done the person that had no goals or xp was gaining points and leveling up. We simmed thru 10 more weeks just to make sure it was working and it was. So try doing this if someone in your online dynasty has no goals and cannot gain XP.

-transfer commissioner to another user (not the one with the glitch)
-retire the coach
-have the commish back out to the ncaa main menu
-delete dyn file from file management
-rejoin dyn creating a new coach
- go all the way past the skill tree part till u get to the dyn main screen
- have the commish come back in and advance the dynasty
The change will take effect after the advance. U can then transfer commish back.

Since the file is corrupted u have to create a new file under a new commish and the "glitcher" has to try to refresh the connection as well.
We have tried this and it has worked. I felt I had to Share this bcuz I see so many complaints about the coach thing as well. We've tried to restart we've tried everything and until I figured this method out, nothing worked. So I hope this works for some of u too.

http://ncaa.4umer.net/t1309-possible-coach-xp-fix

mnchiefsguy 01-27-2014 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10395946)
No....NCAA football is dead as a franchise. EA won't have the license and for another company to buy the license....they'll have to buy a license from EVERY team in the NCAA.

I stopped playing this game. No updates to fix how broken it is.

I'm back to playing NCAA 2013 and enjoying life.

I was thinking of picking up a college football game....so is 2013 that much better then? Is there much of difference in 13 versus 14?

The Franchise 01-27-2014 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 10397213)
I was thinking of picking up a college football game....so is 2013 that much better then? Is there much of difference in 13 versus 14?

You can actually play defense in 2013. In 2014....The defense is broken. Your computer teammates won't cover dick.

millz 01-28-2014 01:46 AM

i still like ncaa 14 and find the offense is better. i dont run read option so i can't comment on that but i love throwing passes in that. i also love the difficulty in the road to glory mode however they could improve on it much more.

idunno, i have madden 25 for ps4 and still find myself going back to NCAA 14 & 13..there's just something about the ncaa games i always found were better then madden and at least the closest thing to NFL 2K5 in terms of gameplay.

i'll admit the defense in 14 is broken but i really love the atmosphere of the game, graphics, physics and if you get a real good ranked game online its fun as hell.

anyone have a roster code though for the real authentic rosters ? i'm talking after the season, not before. missing guys like nick marshall from auburn and a few others. thx

The Franchise 01-28-2014 11:46 AM

The offense in NCAA 14 is more balanced. Play-action actually works...but the deep ball is completely gone. Play action is NCAA 13 is meh and the deep ball is there.

EA has this problem where if something is mildly broken....they ****ing completely make it the opposite. Deep balls happening too often? NO MORE DEEP BALLS! Play-action not working? IT WORKS EVERY TIME NOW!

Dayze 01-29-2014 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10398566)
The offense in NCAA 14 is more balanced. Play-action actually works...but the deep ball is completely gone. Play action is NCAA 13 is meh and the deep ball is there.

EA has this problem where if something is mildly broken....they ****ing completely make it the opposite. Deep balls happening too often? NO MORE DEEP BALLS! Play-action not working? IT WORKS EVERY TIME NOW!

I need to get back on this one.

I've been buried in games lately, and haven't had time to play. Last of Us, GTA V....
Both games are great, but I find it hard to just sit down for an hour and play them. When I play them, I always get sucked into a 4 hour session lol

NCAA is good for a quick game.

The Franchise 01-29-2014 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 10400369)
I need to get back on this one.

I've been buried in games lately, and haven't had time to play. Last of Us, GTA V....
Both games are great, but I find it hard to just sit down for an hour and play them. When I play them, I always get sucked into a 4 hour session lol

NCAA is good for a quick game.

I've been having fun with 2013. 2014 would always just end up pissing me off because my defense would never stop anyone. I've been playing on Heisman and adjusting the sliders so the games are more realistic....but at least I know the game isn't going to **** me and just run all over me like I'm not on the field.

Dayze 01-29-2014 11:00 AM

Yeah. I've had to seriously tweak sliders. which is frustrating because it seems to take a ton of games to finally get it dialed in.

suction blocks are still there. and having a LT pull all the way around on a pass play to pick me up from Blitzing on the right side is awesome.

millz 01-29-2014 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10400380)
I've been having fun with 2013. 2014 would always just end up pissing me off because my defense would never stop anyone. I've been playing on Heisman and adjusting the sliders so the games are more realistic....but at least I know the game isn't going to **** me and just run all over me like I'm not on the field.

is there any recent roster codes?