ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Sporting KC Sporting Park beats arrowhead. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=275381)

Demonpenz 08-16-2013 09:15 PM

Sporting Park beats arrowhead.

More to do after the game. Free parking more beer choices winning team.

WhitiE 08-16-2013 09:16 PM

By free parking do you mean like granite city? Or is the parking actually free?

BigMeatballDave 08-16-2013 09:17 PM

Is Zach blowing you right now?

Demonpenz 08-16-2013 09:23 PM

No there is general parking for free. Sick of Arrowhead bad product, horrible stadium.

BigMeatballDave 08-16-2013 09:26 PM

Soccer is a solid remedy for insomnia.

Thig Lyfe 08-16-2013 09:28 PM

I hope nobody starts talking about soccer in this soccer thread!!!

TribalElder 08-16-2013 09:34 PM

the cauldron can suck it

AussieChiefsFan 08-16-2013 09:36 PM

People getting butthurt over soccer again. LMAO

Deberg_1990 08-16-2013 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 9892901)

Yea, but is there a Taco Bell nearby?
Posted via Mobile Device

Mojo Jojo 08-16-2013 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribalElder (Post 9892989)
the cauldron can suck it

The PA dosen't have to remind the cauldron it's third down...of course there are no third downs in soccer...

Psyko Tek 08-16-2013 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 9892940)
No there is general parking for free. Sick of Arrowhead bad product, horrible stadium.

arrow wood horrible?????
\

neg rep to you

Trevo_410 08-16-2013 09:45 PM

face it people soccer is growing and football is on the decline.

jfc just look at the safety rules being placed in every year... I remember calling soccer a sport for fairies back when i was a kid and it seems football is answering that call as the supposed "contact sport". I'd rather watch the cheaper product with much more use of physical tools, creativity, and free flow than watch modern day football without the big hits that brought most people to be fans of the sport back when it was gaining notoriety.

Bugeater 08-16-2013 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trevo_410 (Post 9893028)

ROFL Yeah, soccer is going to overtake football any minute now...

BWillie 08-16-2013 10:08 PM

Quote:

I hate soccer and I even agree with you. The sports complex is in about the worst possible place in the metro area. If you aren't going to have a downtown complex, Legends is the next best thing. Every thing around the Sports Complex is TERRIBLE. But, really no use complaining about it. If it was going to happen it was going to happen 6 years ago, not before they spent millions renovating Arrowhead & Kaufman.

Ace Gunner 08-16-2013 10:11 PM

Quote:

you missed making that into one running sentence by one period.

aturnis 08-16-2013 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 9893101)
I hate soccer and I even agree with you. The sports complex is in about the worst possible place in the metro area. If you aren't going to have a downtown complex, Legends is the next best thing. Every thing around the Sports Complex is TERRIBLE. But, really no use complaining about it. If it was going to happen it was going to happen 6 years ago, not before they spent millions renovating Arrowhead & Kaufman.

This. Too bad Arrowhead is in such a bad location. Would be great if it are surrounded by bars for post game sob fest's.

ChiefsCountry 08-16-2013 11:24 PM

Arrowhead isn't in a bad location. It's in the best location driving wise.
Posted via Mobile Device

TribalElder 08-16-2013 11:29 PM

Bars around arrowhead wouldn't matter. By the time you pay to park, tailgate, drink, get in the game, drink more, and whatever else... Who has money to hit the bar?

Baller
http://24.media.tumblr.com/9406ac58a...lh1io1_250.gif

Archie F. Swin 08-17-2013 06:45 AM

Quote:

Sick of Arrowhead bad product, horrible stadium.

What?

(((reaching for reading glasses)))

really....what?!

LoneWolf 08-17-2013 06:53 AM

Quote:

Go to some other NFL stadiums and then tell me how "horrible" Arrowhead is.

KCUnited 08-17-2013 06:55 AM

I admit Sporting KCK is growing on me.

Demonpenz 08-17-2013 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 9893514)
Go to some other NFL stadiums and then tell me how "horrible" Arrowhead is.

I love the Patriots new digs. Great for a fantasy geek like me.

mr. tegu 08-17-2013 08:01 AM

Quote:

jfc just look at the safety rules being placed in every year... I remember calling soccer a sport for fairies back when i was a kid and it seems football is answering that call as the supposed "contact sport". I'd rather watch the cheaper product with much more use of physical tools, creativity, and free flow than watch modern day football without the big hits that brought most people to be fans of the sport back when it was gaining notoriety.

What tools do they use in soccer? And creativity? Are you suggesting soccer has more creativity than football?

I don't despise soccer like many here but nothing that you wrote is true at all.

BigMeatballDave 08-17-2013 08:09 AM

Quote:

This could continue for a 100 years and soccer would not equal football's popularity.

Deberg_1990 08-17-2013 08:18 AM

Quote:

ROFL

MLS is growing no doubt. Doubtful it will ever be as popular as the NFL in our lifetimes at least. It has its niche, it's proved it and that's fine. Why do people feel the need to compare dick sizes when it comes to these things?

BlackHelicopters 08-17-2013 08:19 AM

That what soccer do.

GoChargers 08-17-2013 08:26 AM

Did someone really try to claim football lacks creativity? ROFL

http://smartfootball.com/spread/loui...ne-read-system

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vau...4004/index.htm

http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2...an-style/?_r=0

LoneWolf 08-17-2013 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 9893558)
I love the Patriots new digs. Great for a fantasy geek like me.

Gillette Stadium being nice doesn't equal Arrowhead being horrible.

If you're going to a stadium to track your fantasy football stats, you are completely missing out on what watching the game live is all about, but I guess you did call yourself a geek.

DJJasonp 08-17-2013 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFanDave (Post 9893570)
This could continue for a 100 years and soccer would not equal football's popularity.

In your opinion, but not the world's opinion:

World Cup Final is watched by over 700 million people.

By contrast, the super bowl is watched by 100-120 million people.

I'm not a hater of either sports, and enjoy both. But to say football (NFL) is more popular than Soccer is just plain wrong.

aturnis 08-17-2013 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 9893560)
What tools do they use in soccer? And creativity? Are you suggesting soccer has more creativity than football?

I don't despise soccer like many here but nothing that you wrote is true at all.

Are you really so dense as to suggest this?

BlackHelicopters 08-17-2013 09:08 AM

Quote:

Ever been to the Oakland Colisieum? Or Edward Jones dome?

stevieray 08-17-2013 09:09 AM

that's awesome..let's run over to sportingplanet and talk about the NFL!!

:rolleyes:

aturnis 08-17-2013 09:12 AM

That's a system players play within which stifles individual creativity.

Clever of the coach sure, but doesn't leave a lot of room for the player to create.

BigMeatballDave 08-17-2013 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJJasonp (Post 9893651)

I'm not a hater of either sports, and enjoy both. But to say football (NFL) is more popular than Soccer is just plain wrong.

IN THIS COUNTRY!

Like I give a shit about the NFL's popularity out of the US.

I'm not Roger ****ing Goodell.

aturnis 08-17-2013 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJJasonp (Post 9893651)

I'm a big soccer guy. Soccer will not equal football in our lifetimes.

DJJasonp 08-17-2013 09:16 AM

I'm a fan of soccer and fan of football.

but that said.....some of the other posters are correct......there are a TON of dumps for stadiums in the NFL.

Arizona's stadium is nice, as I'm sure there are others, but all in all, we have it pretty good with Arrowhead.

Now....let's not make this another "downtown stadiums" thread.... :)

aturnis 08-17-2013 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFanDave (Post 9893665)
IN THIS COUNTRY!

Like I give a shit about the NFL's popularity out of the US.

I'm not Roger ****ing Goodell.

Boy, he's got vision, and you're wearing bifocals.

DJJasonp 08-17-2013 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 9893666)
In a big soccer guy. soccer will not equal football in our lifetimes.

I dont know.....you look at the number of kids that play soccer vs football these days, as opposed to 20 years ago, and that could change.

The last world cup final drew just under 20 million in the US (a record for WC soccer).

Given that the US is on a roll, I bet that number jumps to 30-35 million next year.

BigMeatballDave 08-17-2013 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJJasonp (Post 9893671)
I dont know.....you look at the number of kids that play soccer vs football these days, as opposed to 20 years ago, and that could change.

The last world cup final drew just under 20 million in the US (a record for WC soccer).

Given that the US is on a roll, I bet that number jumps to 30-35 million next year.

The only way soccer surpasses football, is if football is banned.

stevieray 08-17-2013 09:24 AM

Soccer moms get last laugh....

...film at 11.

DJJasonp 08-17-2013 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFanDave (Post 9893675)
The only way soccer surpasses football, is if football is banned.

Which Goodell has the league on that path.

Look. I love NFL...and outside of College Basketball, it's my favorite sport to watch.

While the OP may have been a bit over dramatized, I do think there is some legit problems with the NFL experience, from a fan perspective, that may impact it's popularity over the next decade:

A billion commercials, too many ridiculous penalties, no flow to the game, Sunday Ticket, ticket, parking, beer and food prices, ridiculous rules, etc.

Now, so that I am fair, I'll bitch about the Soccer product:

Faking injuries, corruption in FIFA and referees, only the refs know the end of the game (stop the clock on injuries and out of bounds, and that would stop), the dates for games routinely go up against NFL or other sports (driven by FIFA I believe), etc. etc.

aturnis 08-17-2013 09:41 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIUW...e_gdata_player

BWillie 08-17-2013 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFanDave (Post 9893570)

Can't we just rename the forum to SportingPlanet?

aturnis 08-17-2013 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 9894112)
Can't we just rename the forum to SportingPlanet?

You're a twit.

BWillie 08-17-2013 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 9894126)
You're a twit.

You are

teedubya 08-17-2013 12:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
If you look at the Truman Sports Complex via Google Earth... you can see a HUGE ****ING MODOT facility behind the Holiday Inn/Taco Bell area to the east... it would have been a PERFECT area for a bar/night scene. But nOOooOoOoooo... ****ing MODOT.

Dayze 08-17-2013 12:46 PM

I'd check out the soccer stadium. But I seriously have zero ****ing clue about soccer. Rules, strategy etc. looks like a bunch of dudes running around.

ChiefsCountry 08-17-2013 12:47 PM

Would you really spend more time at the Sports Complex if Independence Center was right next door? Which is what the Legends sort of is.

Titty Meat 08-17-2013 02:36 PM

Nobody gives a shit about soccer in the states. The wannabe Europe sporting is the 3rd popular team in its own city which is a small market.

Its cute how the soccer bundle of stickss make threads every so often about their lame ass sport and pretend like people actually give a shit.

Mr. Laz 08-17-2013 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan (Post 9892999)
People getting butthurt over soccer again. LMAO

why do you think Demonpenis started the thread ... it's what he does.

BigMeatballDave 08-17-2013 02:58 PM

Soccer is like Bowling.

It doesn't require any real skill.

aturnis 08-17-2013 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFanDave (Post 9894457)
Soccer is like Bowling.

I challenge you to name a sport that requires more skill...

vailpass 08-17-2013 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 9894506)

Gay as cum on a moustache.

Mr. Laz 08-17-2013 03:36 PM

Quote:

http://s10.postimg.org/op6bv5z21/BQt...CMAAr_Su_I.jpg

aturnis 08-17-2013 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9894412)
Nobody gives a shit about soccer in the states. The wannabe Europe sporting is the 3rd popular team in its own city which is a small market.

Its cute how the soccer pillowbiters make threads every so often about their lame ass sport and pretend like people actually give a shit.

Most likely untrue. Average attendance for Sporting KC is hindered by the fact that it's a smaller venue by 3000 seats. Likely very similar if played in same size stadiums.

aturnis 08-17-2013 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 9894536)
Gay as cum on a moustache.

I see you accepted the challenge but failed too produce.

vailpass 08-17-2013 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 9894565)
I see you accepted the challenge but failed too produce.

I have a son who plays, go to every game. Just can't get into it. Back him a hundred percent but enjoy his lacrosse matches a thousand times more. Can't help it, not a choice just a reality.

Strongside 08-17-2013 04:23 PM

Why are we even discussing this? Everyone knows that competitive figure skating is the spectator sport of the future.

Reaper16 08-17-2013 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9894412)

Its cute how the soccer pillowbiters make threads every so often about their lame ass sport and pretend like people actually give a shit.

The link between homosexuality and soccer is so strange. It is a pervasive association, and people end up refusing to see any merits in the game because their own hatred of homosexuality gets in the way. They lash out at anyone that even reminds them of the existence of soccer, as if mentioning soccer is equivalent to a guy hitting on them at a bar. It is plainly obvious from posts like this that soccer makes some men feel afraid that it will turn them gay, or at least that others will perceive them as gay.

It's pretty much the stupidest shit in the world, this ****ed-up mindset, but it is psychologically interesting.

Pablo 08-17-2013 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 9894718)
The link between homosexuality and soccer is so strange. It is a pervasive association, and people end up refusing to see any merits in the game because their own hatred of homosexuality gets in the way. They lash out at anyone that even reminds them of the existence of soccer, as if mentioning soccer is equivalent to a guy hitting on them at a bar. It is plainly obvious from posts like this that soccer makes some men feel afraid that it will turn them gay, or at least that others will perceive them as gay.

It's pretty much the stupidest shit in the world, this ****ed-up mindset, but it is psychologically interesting.

Watch your first soccer match; and you're swallowing trucker seed at the Motel 6 within a week.

jspchief 08-17-2013 04:51 PM

I played soccer all the way through high school.

I still don't understand it's appeal as a spectator sport.

LoneWolf 08-17-2013 05:40 PM

Quote:

Basketball, baseball, tennis, lacrosse, gymnastics, wrestling. That's just off the top of my head. I'm sure there are plenty more.

mr. tegu 08-17-2013 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 9893654)
Are you really so dense as to suggest this?

You are free to explain how soccer requires more creative than football. I will wait.

aturnis 08-17-2013 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 9894900)
Basketball, baseball, tennis, lacrosse, gymnastics, wrestling. That's just off the top of my head. I'm sure there are plenty more.

Gymnastics and wrestling might have an argument. Baseball? ROFL Baseball takes little skill.

ChiefsCountry 08-17-2013 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 9895360)
Gymnastics and wrestling might have an argument. Baseball? ROFL Baseball takes little skill.

Hitting a pitch is one of the hardest things in sports.

aturnis 08-17-2013 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 9894961)
You are free to explain how soccer requires more creative than football. I will wait.

Well feel free to explain any sort of individual creativity in football outside of jukes and spin moves.

In football you work within a system. You have an assignment. You execute that assignment. The only person in the field able to be creative is the guy who has the ball in his hands at any given time.

Of mainstream sports in America, the only one with an abundance of creativity Is basketball.

aturnis 08-17-2013 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9895376)
Hitting a pitch is one of the hardest things in sports.

Ok. Never been impressed.

Chief Roundup 08-17-2013 08:10 PM

Quote:

Golf.

Chief Roundup 08-17-2013 08:10 PM

Nothing in KC will ever be better than Arrowhead. **** soccer. Go back to Europe

LoneWolf 08-17-2013 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 9895360)

Fair enough, that is your opinion. What, in your opinion, is so skillful about soccer.

Titty Meat 08-17-2013 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 9894718)

I just watched a soccer game now I wanna suck your cawk

BillSelfsTrophycase 08-17-2013 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 9895523)
Ok. Never been impressed.

Face down a 95 mph fastball without shitting your pants let alone hitting it Then get back to us

Brock 08-17-2013 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFanDave (Post 9894457)
Soccer is like Bowling.

Ha ha what

aturnis 08-17-2013 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 9895803)
Fair enough, that is your opinion. What, in your opinion, is so skillful about soccer.

Well. Hitting a baseball is more about reflexes. So like athletic ability, it's not a skill. Is an attribute you're born with. It can be honed, and improved, but the ceiling isn't much higher than what you're born with.

Soccer skills are developed over time. It's like playing guitar, it takes way more commitment and time than anyone will ever see.

Thing about soccer is, more people play it than any sort in the world. Do the amount of work you need to put in to succeed is amazing. Most start as soon as they can walk. I also don't think most understand how skilled the average foreign schoolboy is in a soccer rich country. To become a pro in the global stage takes a lot. To become a star even more.

The things a skilled soccer player can do with his feet, are amazing. Especially considering what little American sports stars can do with Inge in their hands.

They are manipulating an object with ridiculous precision. As accurate, if not moreso, as a QB, but with their feet. Bending the ball in the air more dramatically than most curveballs, with their foot. More control and speed/agility than a basketball player, with their feet, which they happened to be using to run on also.

Then of course all of the geometry and physics involved. Angles, centrifugal force, yada yada. When they make their decision as to proper angle and centrifugal force (of any is needed), them you transferring your choice to the ball with kinetic energy, you don't get to hold it, it's momentary contact, so you have to be precise.

Most American sports are richer on athletic ability than they are skill, and require practice and training, but not on the level of soccer.

Soccer is a way of life, most sports say that, but most don't have near the right to say it.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Wa9fGGbSefc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

aturnis 08-17-2013 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillSelfsTrophycase (Post 9895985)
Face down a 95 mph fastball without shitting your pants let alone hitting it Then get back to us

ROFL

LoneWolf 08-17-2013 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 9896078)
Well. Hitting a baseball is more about reflexes. So like athletic ability, it's not a skill. Is an attribute you're born with. It can be honed, and improved, but the ceiling isn't much higher than what you're born with.

Soccer skills are developed over time. It's like playing guitar, it takes way more commitment and time than anyone will ever see.

Thing about soccer is, more people play it than any sort in the world. Do the amount of work you need to put in to succeed is amazing. Most start as soon as they can walk. I also don't think most understand how skilled the average foreign schoolboy is in a soccer rich country. To become a pro in the global stage takes a lot. To become a star even more.

The things a skilled soccer player can do with his feet, are amazing. Especially considering what little American sports stars can do with Inge in their hands.

They are manipulating an object with ridiculous precision. As accurate, if not moreso, as a QB, but with their feet. Bending the ball in the air more dramatically than most curveballs, with their foot. More control and speed/agility than a basketball player, with their feet, which they happened to be using to run on also.

Then of course all of the geometry and physics involved. Angles, centrifugal force, yada yada. When they make their decision as to proper angle and centrifugal force (of any is needed), them you transferring your choice to the ball with kinetic energy, you don't get to hold it, it's momentary contact, so you have to be precise.

Most American sports are richer on athletic ability than they are skill, and require practice and training, but not on the level of soccer.

Soccer is a way of life, most sports say that, but most don't have near the right to say it.
>

I think you are severely underestimating the skill it takes to become elite at many other sports, but I can appreciate the passion you seem to have for soccer. I don't share it, but I can appreciate it.

aturnis 08-17-2013 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 9896105)
I think you are severely underestimating the skill it takes to become elite at many other sports, but I can appreciate the passion you seem to have for soccer. I don't share it, but I can appreciate it.

I think you confuse skill for athletic ability and knowledge.

A football player is an amazing athlete with knowledge of the game, discipline and some unimpressive skills. Some have more of a skill set than others. QB, lineman mostly.

LoneWolf 08-17-2013 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 9896138)
I think you confuse skill for athletic ability and knowledge.

A football player is an amazing athlete with knowledge of the game, discipline and some unimpressive skills. Some have more of a skill set than others. QB, lineman mostly.

I'm curious if you've ever played any sports besides soccer at any level above high school.

aturnis 08-17-2013 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 9896151)
I'm curious if you've ever played any sports besides soccer at any level above high school.

So of mainstream American sports, what is the gold standard for most skillful?

unlurking 08-17-2013 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 9896078)

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Wa9fGGbSefc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ncDkanSBFLQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>