ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Based on the outcome of this game, how real are these Chiefs? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=276437)

Direckshun 09-19-2013 08:34 AM

Based on the outcome of this game, how real are these Chiefs?

Assume the following scenarios:

1. The Chiefs go into Philly and land a solid knock out victory over the Eagles.

2. The Chiefs play less-bad than the Eagles and eke out an ugly win.

3. The Chiefs play hard but can't keep up and lose.

4. The Chiefs are totally decimated by the Eagles.

In any of these four scenarios, what would your assessment be of how good this Chiefs team is?

Imon Yourside 09-19-2013 08:35 AM

2 or 4..hoping for 2.

Tribal Warfare 09-19-2013 08:36 AM

KC is only as good as how far their QB can take them.

Radar Chief 09-19-2013 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9992891)

1. The Chiefs go into Philly and land a solid knock out victory over the Eagles. Championship! Print’em!

2. The Chiefs play less-bad than the Eagles and eke out an ugly win. A win is a win.

3. The Chiefs play hard but can't keep up and lose. Tough game, but hey, its the Eagles at home.

4. The Chiefs are totally decimated by the Eagles. Oh no! We suck again!

In any of these four scenarios, what would your assessment be of how good this Chiefs team is?

Fritz88 09-19-2013 08:43 AM

A team that is poised to compete for the long haul and just came from a horrible 2-14 season should be in 2-3. I don't expect this team to blow the Eagles out of the park. I don't think it's possible.

1 means the Eagles just pooped the bed.

4 means we've got a long way to go.

DMAC 09-19-2013 08:45 AM

I think there will be many #2's this year. And that is just fine.

BigMeatballDave 09-19-2013 08:47 AM

How is blowing the Eagles out not possible? Their D is awful. I don't think it will happen, but it's very possible.

TimBone 09-19-2013 08:50 AM

1. The Chiefs go into Philly and land a solid knock out victory over the Eagles. - Super impressed, but unlikely to happen. If it does then they're real

2. The Chiefs play less-bad than the Eagles and eke out an ugly win. - Plausible. They'd be on the right track. Have some work to do, but definitely headed in the right direction.

3. The Chiefs play hard but can't keep up and lose. - Plausible. They'd be on the right track. Have some work to do, but definitely headed in the right direction.

4. The Chiefs are totally decimated by the Eagles. - This is the only one I'd be completely disappointed with. It would definitely portray them as pretenders. We'll see, though.

Headed in to Philly on a super short week against an offense that has put up 30+ in both of the first two weeks is going to be a tough test for this team. I'm looking forward to seeing how they respond. Feels good to be excited again though.

Radar Chief 09-19-2013 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCD (Post 9992931)
How is blowing the Eagles out not possible? Their D is awful. I don't think it will happen, but it's very possible.

Sure it’s possible.
I also think the Chiefs D has enough firepower to really lay the hurt on Vick and when he gets knocked around he panics and throws stupid interceptions.
I’m just not counting on it.

Imon Yourside 09-19-2013 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 9992952)
Sure it’s possible.
I also think the Chiefs D has enough firepower to really lay the hurt on Vick and when he gets knocked around he panics and throws stupid interceptions.
I’m just not counting on it.

Is Vick Playing...I've been hearing he may not.

FlaChief58 09-19-2013 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9992895)

Hopefully it's at least as far as he took the 49ers in 2011 :thumb:

TimBone 09-19-2013 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCD (Post 9992931)

I think they're offense is what keeps a blowout from happening. We have a solid defense, but that offense is going to put up points. It's just something that is going to happen.

FlaChief58 09-19-2013 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 9992957)

Link?

CaliforniaChief 09-19-2013 08:55 AM

Quote:

1. The Chiefs go into Philly and land a solid knock out victory over the Eagles.
Impressive. We are a playoff team and could make life interesting for the Broncos.

Still impressive. You rack up wins on the road in tough environments, you'll be in the playoff hunt.

A reality check that we're probably a middle-caliber team, but I don't over-react too much due to the short week/unique opponent.

Disappointed. I would expect us to be competitive in most of our games this year, but I'll hope that the extra rest and coming home will help us rebound and get to 3-1.

Just my thoughts.

Imon Yourside 09-19-2013 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flachief58 (Post 9992964)
Link?

I heard it on 810, looks like it might have been KK trumping up some talk radio BS because the injury report doesn't list him at all. LOLz sorry about that.

Rausch 09-19-2013 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun

Looks like 9-7 or better is realistic.

Quote:

We're still growing. Bright future.

Quote:

We're still growing. Bright future.

Quote:

Not good. At least this is vs. the NFC and doesn't figure in the tie breakers.

I would be disappoint.

Quote:

1) Ahead of schedule. Future looks bright.
2) Still growing. I'm hopeful.
3) Still growing. I'm hopeful.
4) Not as good as we looked. Need to work some things out. Still hopeful.

Radar Chief 09-19-2013 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 9992957)

What is his injury? Just went and checked and found nothing about him being out, or even questionable.

Imon Yourside 09-19-2013 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 9992972)
What is his injury? Just went and checked and found nothing about him being out, or even questionable.

Ya sorry bout that, was on 810 couple days ago. Looks like total BS.

Radar Chief 09-19-2013 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 9992969)
I heard it on 810, looks like it might have been KK trumping up some talk radio BS because the injury report doesn't list him at all. LOLz sorry about that.

Ah, Kietzman. Makes sense now.

Radar Chief 09-19-2013 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 9992973)
Ya sorry bout that, was on 810 couple days ago. Looks like total BS.

Eh, it’s happened to me. That’s why I know not to put any faith in what Kietzman says.

Imon Yourside 09-19-2013 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 9992975)
Eh, it’s happened to me. That’s why I know not to put any faith in what Kietzman says.

Ya had my hopes up it would be a lot easier tonight, He says BS stuff about KU hoops all the time so i'm not shocked.

Baby Lee 09-19-2013 08:59 AM

The thing that has me 'very superstitious' is that in, like, forever, the ONLY coach who beat his former team the first time he faced them with his new team was way back when Ditka beat the Bears with his Saints.

ChiTown 09-19-2013 09:06 AM

Quote:

If #1, then we iz legit!

If # 2, then I'm as happy as a puppy with 2 peaners

If #3, it's about what I expected

If #4, I'd be
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...oaubQj_oTsv5Nr

Rausch 09-19-2013 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 9992980)
The thing that has me 'very superstitious' is that in, like, forever, the ONLY coach who beat his former team the first time he faced them with his new team was way back when Ditka beat the Bears with his Saints.

DV didn't beat the Lambs?...

Baby Lee 09-19-2013 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9992995)
DV didn't beat the Lambs?...

Coaches that coached former team for 10+ years, sorry.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NFL.com
Kansas City Chiefs coach Andy Reid will be the sixth coach in the last 16 years to lead a team for more than 10 seasons and then face that team later in his career. Four of the previous five coaches -- Dennis Green, Marty Schottenheimer, Jim Mora and Dan Reeves -- lost their first game against the former team. Only Mike Ditka recorded a victory, when his New Orleans Saints beat the Chicago Bears in 1997.

lcarus 09-19-2013 09:17 AM

If we win, we're a legit playoff team and will challenge Denver for the division.

Pasta Little Brioni 09-19-2013 09:19 AM

Going to be a tough game. Eggo is better than we thought as well. Would be a good win.

Rausch 09-19-2013 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9993025)
Going to be a tough game. Eggo is better than we thought as well. Would be a good win.

Rivers is playing better than we thought.

Eggo as a whole is who we thought they were...

Red Gorilla 09-19-2013 09:22 AM

We win this game and we're for real. Much of the country will be watching.

Coogs 09-19-2013 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 9992975)

I remember back in June (maybe July) when KK was saying the Royals had to Win/Sweep a series or the season would be over. We didn't win the series.

:doh!:

Sorter 09-19-2013 09:39 AM

Still probably too early to make a determination. The Bills a few years back and the Bears last year come to mind (although teh Bares had their QB injured).

philfree 09-19-2013 09:41 AM

What ever happens tonight won't change the fact that this team is a work in progress. If we win and progress continues then we should end up with a pretty good team before the years up.

RealSNR 09-19-2013 09:43 AM

1. We have huge dicks

2. Still pretty damn good... absolutely a playoff contender

3. Ehh... lot of football left to be played. We'll be fine.

4. WE'RE DOOMED

HemiEd 09-19-2013 09:52 AM

If the Chiefs win this prime time road game, no matter how they do it, they have made tremendous progress and are legitmate. That success is due to Andy Reid and his staff's leadership, without question.

If they get blown out, well that is on them as well, but I don't think that will happen to this team, the D is just so much better than that.

So far, the 2013 Chiefs are exactly what Clark was hoping for since he took over the team. The fans are solidly behind the team and they are a team to be proud of. Arrowhead is rocking and life is good.

Thig Lyfe 09-19-2013 10:04 AM

TOO REAL!!!

BlackHelicopters 09-19-2013 10:11 AM

If we win at Philly, I will believe in this team. Winning at JAX and having Dallas give us a game with ineptness are not convincing. Road game. National audience. We shall see.

Buehler445 09-19-2013 10:19 AM

Quote:

The Chiefs are pretty ****ing good. 3-0 is hard for any team, but they will have beaten a tough team at home and a tough team on the road with a short week. That's ****ing legit. At least at this point in the season.

They can still be pretty real. Short week, East Coast. It's tough. Certainly nothing to burn the barn down over.

3. The Chiefs play hard but can't keep up and lose. If we get something done and look legit, that same effort won't work in December. We have to get better, just like everyone else.

This is what I'm expecting. And they can still be pretty real at this point. The difference between 2-3 is not much.

Not very real. 6-10. While that is still a long way away from the goddamned mother****ing horseshit we've had stuffed down our throats since DV left, it still is a long way away from anything respectable. Now, if it's a close game late, and we start swinging for the fences in an attempt to win and throw a bunch of pick 6's or something else to get it out of hand, I'll take that. I'll take trying to win and failing over "oh, we're down 2 scores, I'll just run the clock out because I'm a giant gaping vagina" bullshit we've had. If we're down 2 scores in the fourth and play to win, I'll be a lot happier than packing it in. If though, we get curb stomped, we're a bad ****ing team.

Bolded.

Keep in mind, though that those assessments are of the current situation. In order to stay legit, we have improve as a team at a rate of gain equal to or greater than the other legit teams.

ReynardMuldrake 09-19-2013 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 9992972)

I saw someone mention something on an Eagles board about Vick dealing with a nagging groin injury. Huge grain of salt though.

Mr. Laz 09-19-2013 11:09 AM

Quote:

blah,blah,blah,blah ... cheap answer

QB is the most important position on any NFL team but our offense line is the area where we are sucking.

people around here are afraid to say it, but it's true.

Alex Smith has missed several throw while on the move, which is a problem
WR's need to win more frequently and consistently
Oline needs to stop being stank ass

I want to see the Offense improve in these areas against the eagles. If it does then i think our defense will be fine.

Red Brooklyn 09-19-2013 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 9992968)
Impressive. We are a playoff team and could make life interesting for the Broncos.

Still impressive. You rack up wins on the road in tough environments, you'll be in the playoff hunt.

A reality check that we're probably a middle-caliber team, but I don't over-react too much due to the short week/unique opponent.

Disappointed. I would expect us to be competitive in most of our games this year, but I'll hope that the extra rest and coming home will help us rebound and get to 3-1.

Totally agree. Nice post.

Sandy Vagina 09-19-2013 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 9993076)
What ever happens tonight won't change the fact that this team is a work in progress.

THIS

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9993246)

QB is the most important position on any NFL team but our offense line is the area where we are sucking.
TRUTH!

Alex Smith has missed several throw while on the move, which is a problem
WR's need to win more frequently and consistently
Oline needs to stop being stank ass

I want to see the Offense improve in these areas against the eagles. If it does then i think our defense will be fine.

Name those throws? (I can think of maybe 2)

Mav 09-19-2013 11:25 AM

This game given the travel and short week. means absolutely NOTHING.

Although, if they lose, the haters and malcontents wont care. Just Alex sucks. A real qb could of won.

Even though Tom Brady, one of the 5 best qbs of all time, needed a choke job of monumental proportions from a rookie qb,, AT HOME to win last week.

Alex needs to overcome all of that.

Mr. Laz 09-19-2013 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 9993265)
THIS

Name those throws? (I can think of maybe 2)

since plays don't have names it's pretty hard to do that

a couple of roll out passes were off the mark

a couple of scramble dump-off passes were off the mark

Mav 09-19-2013 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9993292)

Its true. he did miss some pretty easy passes vs the Cowboys.

Sandy Vagina 09-19-2013 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9993292)

can remember 2 rollouts missing... one was like a 10-15 yard comeback to a WR at the sideline.. the other was to Fasano on an out (I think)...

can't recall any scramble dump-offs missed... one to the RB Gray on 3rd and long was 1 handed and really, the RB should easily have adjusted better to it.. :hmmm:

Mr. Laz 09-19-2013 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 9993338)
Its true. he did miss some pretty easy passes vs the Cowboys.

he did ... just needs to go back to work and practice throwing on the run to get the footwork back down. Not a huge deal but an area that needs to improve.

Oline stop giving up the easy blitz and Smith starts hitting those passes on the move, defenses won't be so anxious to blitz.

Make them pay a few times and they will start dropping back into zones.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 09-19-2013 11:55 AM

Soul for Real.

Mav 09-19-2013 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 9993345)
can remember 2 rollouts missing... one was like a 10-15 yard comeback to a WR at the sideline.. the other was to Fasano on an out (I think)...

can't recall any scramble dump-offs missed... one to the RB Gray on 3rd and long was 1 handed and really, the RB should easily have adjusted better to it.. :hmmm:

He nearly threw a pick six that was just an awful decision, on that roll out you are referring to, he ground balled it. It was horrible.

I mean in all honesty, its nothing that doesn't happen to every qb in every game. But, its always something to work to get better on. the better the passing game gets, the quicker the running game will come together.

J Diddy 09-19-2013 12:56 PM

Even good teams lose. Hell the undefeated Packers lost to Crennel Chiefs in what ushered in the era of supreme patheticism.

Only way I'll be disappointed if we get smacked around. Good teams play consistently good, especially on the road.

keg in kc 09-19-2013 01:11 PM

I don't think tonight's outcome will have much of an impact on how legit they are. It's so early in the season.

Hammock Parties 09-19-2013 01:12 PM

My Chiefs are like a storybook story.

But they're as real as the feelings I feel.

ChiefsCountry 09-19-2013 01:13 PM

You want to know how good a team is wait until January.

Rasputin 09-19-2013 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9993537)
I don't think tonight's outcome will have much of an impact on how legit they are. It's so early in the season.

This and short week.

I'm trying not to put much stock in this game just because of the short week and dynamics of the game. The guys are going play hard for Andy on his homecoming but the players he coached for the Eagles are going do the same. I'm anticipating a hard hitting game with lots of flags for stupid bonehead things.

Stinger 09-19-2013 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9993554)
This and short week.

I'm trying not to put much stock in this game just because of the short week and dynamics of the game. The guys are going play hard for Andy on his homecoming but the players he coached for the Eagles are going do the same. I'm anticipating a hard hitting game with lots of flags for stupid bonehead things.

This is my exact line of thinking as well
Posted via Mobile Device

J Diddy 09-19-2013 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9993554)
This and short week.

I would at first glance be inclined to think that the advantage goes to Reid due to his knowledge of player personnel. That being said, it is a short week, they are playing at a hostile stadium with some hate for the Reid.

I just hope nobody gets ****ing broken.

Lightrise 09-19-2013 02:10 PM

Quote:

I see #3. I think we're better than it appears. I just think the short week is a huge disadvantage for a team just beginning to feel its way. I think the changes have been tougher for the Chiefs because they had to be so comprehensive. I don't think this new offense will last long term, but it doesn't have to. If they can steal a few wins it will get them in the playoffs. I just don't think we're ready to tackle something like this on a short week. I would see the game very differently later in the season.

One other thing I noticed is that the current roster is noticeably older than before. Not saying that's a bad thing, only that I believe Dorsey will continue to make changes regularly for many years to come. It's as if he knows you have to be young, but not too young. When you reflect you realize that Marty and Carl saw this similarly. You go to far in either direction it blows up. So I'm now seeing this last draft in less confident ways. The picks I want to see more of are Catapano and Kush. I'm done with Hudson and about to give up on Asamoah too.

rabblerouser 09-19-2013 02:39 PM

Quote:

as is every NFL team.

ChiefGator 09-19-2013 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 9992980)

Holmgren. And since him there have only been two cases of facing the head coaches former team, and both those lost. 1 out of 3 is just a roll of the dice.

BigCatDaddy 09-19-2013 03:10 PM

Quote:

We're ****ed.

oldman 09-19-2013 03:17 PM

I don't think #4 is realistic, only because of our D. That is unless the offense can't get anything going. I see the Philly D somewhere between Dallas and Jax and we had a least one sharp drive against both.
Option #1 might be a little far-fetched right now.
While I'd like to see #2, I'll be OK with #3. Both would show the team is headed in the right direction.

Tribal Warfare 09-19-2013 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 9993771)
as is every NFL team.

hence the statement