ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Anyone in KC have a Family Lawyer to recommend? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=277021)

ChiefsFanatic 10-04-2013 01:26 PM

Anyone in KC have a Family Lawyer to recommend?

I have a friend...no really....that needs a good family lawyer. He had a child with a woman, they broke up, crap ensued, and now she is filing a order of protection against him and trying to use that fact to get full custody.

Anyone else have any experiences like this? Anyone know a good, reasonably priced family lawyer?

Thanks.

ChiefsFanatic

CrazyPhuD 10-04-2013 01:28 PM

Moral of the story....if you even think a bitch might be crazy.....PIIHB.

Scorp 10-04-2013 01:31 PM

http://cordellcordell.com/

vailpass 10-04-2013 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic (Post 10046553)
I have a friend...no really....that needs a good family lawyer. He had a child with a woman, they broke up, crap ensued, and now she is filing a order of protection against him and trying to use that fact to get full custody.

Anyone else have any experiences like this? Anyone know a good, reasonably priced family lawyer?

Thanks.

ChiefsFanatic

Which do you want? Good, or reasonably priced?

Skyy God 10-04-2013 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scorp (Post 10046566)

A chain law firm, really?

El Jefe 10-04-2013 01:35 PM

Quote:

Thanks.

ChiefsFanatic

MTG, is that you?

Skyy God 10-04-2013 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 10046573)

This. There's a reason people with resources usually get better legal outcomes.

Reerun_KC 10-04-2013 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyPhuD (Post 10046559)
Moral of the story....if you even you are a loser and might be crazy..... don't let her PIIYB.

:eek:

ptlyon 10-04-2013 01:38 PM

Quote:

I think I'll make a t-shirt with this advice

vailpass 10-04-2013 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cave Johnson (Post 10046578)
This. There's a reason people with resources usually get better legal outcomes.

Oh believe me...you're buying experience and you're buying connections. And they come at a price. And they are worth every penny.

Skyy God 10-04-2013 01:42 PM

FWIW, there's a legal review site called Avvo that has, sort of, replaced Martindale Hubble as the new age gauge of lawyer ratings.

Predarat 10-04-2013 02:10 PM

Let me guess, she is trying to get more $$$$$ out of him too.

luv 10-04-2013 02:16 PM

Does she have just cause in getting the protective order? I don't think they just hand those out. If she's able to prove that she needs one, then good luck.

Earthling 10-04-2013 02:18 PM

All of my experience on that is over 40 years old. At that time males were pretty much screwed if the wife wanted the kids. I know things have changed except for the fact that you need to get the best legal team, advise, you can afford.

ptlyon 10-04-2013 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 10046663)
Does she have just cause in getting the protective order? I don't think they just hand those out.

Must be. Lcarus just had one thrown on me.

luv 10-04-2013 02:23 PM

This may sound weird, but I'd look for a female attorney.

Skyy God 10-04-2013 02:26 PM

Quote:

Does she have just cause in getting the protective order? I don't think they just hand those out. If she's able to prove that she needs one, then good luck.

In most jurisdictions, OPs are incredibly easy to obtain.

luv 10-04-2013 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cave Johnson (Post 10046687)
In most jurisdictions, OPs are incredibly easy to obtain.

Still, you have to have a reason for getting one.

http://www.16thcircuit.org/orders-of-protection#abusive
"You can file a petition for a Child Order of Protection usually in the Adult Abuse or Circuit Clerk's office of your county courthouse. Your child must be in immediate danger from a past or former adult household member in order to file the petition for the order. The petition will provide information to the judge about the abuse that has occurred, the child, the respondent (the abuser), and the relief you seek."

MrNightly 10-04-2013 02:35 PM

If you want the best, give me a pm. But you will have to pay for him. I think he is about $300/hr. Worth every penny.

Predarat 10-04-2013 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 10046679)

That actually makes alot of sense.

MrNightly 10-04-2013 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Predarat (Post 10046723)

Gender has nothing to do with it.

Don't play with your heart on this topic. Buy the freakin' best you can afford, then a whole lot more. If you are serious, you have to fight this the only way - the system way.

Most of these cases are settled way out of court, with who was drinking with which judge. Money wins in these cases (As long as the case is legit) and there is no way around it.

What I love about my attorney, is he will flat out tell you if the case is winnable up front. If it is, take it to the bank. If not, go away.

vailpass 10-04-2013 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Predarat (Post 10046723)

My attorney is male and he rips heads off...But I've never been in a custody dispute.

ChiefsFanatic 10-04-2013 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 10046573)

Good, but not everyone has unlimited resources. So, the quality/experience of the attorney must be maximized for the funds available.

vailpass 10-04-2013 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic (Post 10046755)
Good, but not everyone has unlimited resources. So, the quality/experience of the attorney must be maximized for the funds available.

I understand. I wasn't being short with you. Over the course of years my business experience has led me to court several times and I've found that quality of attorney is almost directly correlated with fee...

ChiefsFanatic 10-04-2013 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Predarat (Post 10046654)
Let me guess, she is trying to get more $$$$$ out of him too.

No. She is a piece of work. She moved out of his place, took the kid, then said she wanted to date another guy, that she knew he hates, and then intermittently sleeps with my friend just to tell him she wants the other guy. She does this knowing it can only upset him, hurt him, and make him angry.

Unfortunately, he loves her, and the kid. So he gets sucked in over and over. So, at the end of one of these sexual trysts she boots him again, he gets angry, and she files for an order of protection with no threat to her safety or that of her child. I assume she did this to strengthen the custody case.

ChiefsFanatic 10-04-2013 03:02 PM

Quote:

She is not in danger. Nor is the child. And she absolutely knows this.

vailpass 10-04-2013 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic (Post 10046766)
She is not in danger. Nor is the child. And she absolutely knows this.

Counting on a psycho bitch to tell the truth...

ChiefsFanatic 10-04-2013 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 10046761)
I understand. I wasn't being short with you. Over the course of years my business experience has led me to court several times and I've found that quality of attorney is almost directly correlated with fee...

Oh, I totally agree. If it does not fit, you must acquit. People with more money may get better outcomes, but that doesn't mean they deserve them.

vailpass 10-04-2013 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic (Post 10046774)
Oh, I totally agree. If it does not fit, you must acquit. People with more money may get better outcomes, but that doesn't mean they deserve them.

No it doesn't. That's just how the world spins.

ChiefsFanatic 10-04-2013 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 10046773)
Counting on a psycho bitch to tell the truth...

No.

Chazno 10-04-2013 03:07 PM

Yeah there are some people who believe anytime they break up with someone, they have to file an order of protection. The bad thing is they are granted after hearing only one side of the story.

The Franchise 10-04-2013 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic (Post 10046765)
No. She is a piece of work. She moved out of his place, took the kid, then said she wanted to date another guy, that she knew he hates, and then intermittently sleeps with my friend just to tell him she wants the other guy. She does this knowing it can only upset him, hurt him, and make him angry.

Unfortunately, he loves her, and the kid. So he gets sucked in over and over. So, at the end of one of these sexual trysts she boots him again, he gets angry, and she files for an order of protection with no threat to her safety or that of her child. I assume she did this to strengthen the custody case.

So....he should probably stop ****ing sleeping with her.

GloryDayz 10-04-2013 03:09 PM

Quote:

If that were the case we'd be extinct..

chop 10-04-2013 03:10 PM

Don't know of an attorney but I was home sick yesterday and something like this was on one of those TV court shows. This guy actually sued (and won) his ex for falsifying information in order to get a protection order against him. She wanted to use the protection order as evidence in their custody fight also.

BTW, don't judge me for watching TV court shows, I was sick.

seclark 10-04-2013 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10046783)
So....he should probably stop ****ing sleeping with her.

doesn't pertain to recommending a lawyer, but still the best advice in this thread.
sec

chop 10-04-2013 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seclark (Post 10046799)
doesn't pertain to recommending a lawyer, but still the best advice in this thread.
sec

Of course, if she keeps asking him over to be intimate, how could she justify the need for a protective order?

saphojunkie 10-04-2013 03:24 PM

http://professormortis.files.wordpre.../02/509325.jpg

seclark 10-04-2013 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chop (Post 10046821)
Of course, if she keeps asking him over to be intimate, how could she justify the need for a protective order?

well, if I was putting the meat to a gal, and she started saying she liked it better from another guy, I might get slightly pissed.
sec

vailpass 10-04-2013 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seclark (Post 10046830)
well, if I was putting the meat to a gal, and she started saying she liked it better from another guy, I might get slightly pissed.
sec

@pumpanddump

Skyy God 10-04-2013 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 10046827)

Key is to find her Tenzing Norgay....

Brock 10-04-2013 03:38 PM

He's a beta

Chief Pote 10-04-2013 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 10046679)

AND to make all work out...get the judge that screwed the female attorney. :D

The Franchise 10-04-2013 03:51 PM

After finding an attorney.....

1. Stop sleeping with her.
2. Save all texts that she sends.

Skyy God 10-04-2013 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefButthurt (Post 10046908)
AND to make all work out...get the judge that screwed the female attorney. :D

Well, more specifically, still screwing the judge or parted on amicable terms.

SAUTO 10-04-2013 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10046915)
After finding an attorney.....

1. Stop sleeping with her.
2. Save all texts that she sends.

This. My buddy did that same shit while going through his divorce.

She kept ****ing him while they were going through the process, all while I told him how ****ing dumb he was, and he gave her everything.

hell she ****ed him the day they signed the papers. Then changed the locks on her house, that was theirs, and had another guy spend the night the next day.

He was out then.

He is REALLY bumming now.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-04-2013 04:39 PM

http://dicklestickand****lestein.com

saphojunkie 10-04-2013 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 10046971)
This. My buddy did that same shit while going through his divorce.

She kept ****ing him while they were going through the process, all while I told him how ****ing dumb he was, and he gave her everything.

hell she ****ed him the day they signed the papers. Then changed the locks on her house, that was theirs, and had another guy spend the night the next day.

He was out then.

He is REALLY bumming now.
Posted via Mobile Device

I've never understood this. If I were getting a divorce, the MOMENT my wife left the house, I'd change the locks and establish residency. Let her go to the Days Inn.

But I don't understand how either person can just "lock" their spouse out.

MrNightly 10-04-2013 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 10047131)
I've never understood this. If I were getting a divorce, the MOMENT my wife left the house, I'd change the locks and establish residency. Let her go to the Days Inn.

But I don't understand how either person can just "lock" their spouse out.

The Right of Ex-Parte in Kansas basically gives the person the right who files, the property they live in, if they so choose to claim Ex-Parte. Basically, if you file you should claim that, and your "spouse" will have no choice but to leave the property.

I, unfortunately, have been through 2 divorces, and each one was settled without Ex-Parte, but still it's a good thing to know! I kicked the first one out for cheating, and the second one I left because she was literally psychotic, suicidal, and a threat to my two girls from the first marriage.

Yeah, relationships suck!

Dayze 10-05-2013 12:22 AM

I have a good one we've used for years. Bob Loblaw. Fair rates, excellent work

KcKc 10-05-2013 12:48 AM

laurie snell. she does nothing but family court.

you love her when she is on your side, but you hate her when you are going against her. Ive seen her change peoples minds about cases while getting their ish pushed in on the stand in front of the judge and the other lawyers by her. i know from experience.
she is very well known in the family court circuit, although, adoptions is her specialty.
thank me later.

Phobia 10-05-2013 01:25 AM

I don't know anybody local and I have no intention of getting to know them. But if you ever need help in Texas or Virginia, I got your back.

Brando 10-05-2013 01:37 AM

Quote:

Thanks.

ChiefsFanatic

What state is he in? Most states if he shows any interest he will get shared custody. Of course unless she can really show that he's a threat.

-King- 10-05-2013 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 10046747)
My attorney is male and he rips heads off...But I've never been in a custody dispute.

Thought you were an attorney?

ptlyon 10-05-2013 08:37 AM

Bring lawyers, guns, and money. HUH!