ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Rank the Chiefs 2014 draft needs (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=277592)

Nightfyre 10-18-2013 01:55 AM

Rank the Chiefs 2014 draft needs

Mine:

QB - Obviously.

OLB - Hali won't play forever and we need to be ready for that contingency. I keep anticipating his fall from glory and he keeps being a monster.

RB - I wouldn't count on Charles being the man next year, after the punishment he has taken this year. I was never really high on Knile Davis, and he still has ball security issues that plagued him at Arkansas.

WR - Obviously, receivers aren't getting sufficient separation for our current QB. If we get a new QB, he will need a second option.

DL - Jackson/Devito are adequate but Jackson is on a one year deal. Catapano is looking promising, but we still lack depth.

OL - I don't think personnel is the issue here, but something CLEARLY has to change to make it work.

ILB - DJ isn't getting any younger and we would be a hurting unit if he were injured. Jordan is on a one-year deal. I do love what Nico brings to the table, but he really doesn't fill DJ's role.

CB - We need someone to replace Dunta next year

S - Well, I can't complain about this position, but it had to get in here somehow. I hope we re-sign Abdullah and Demps, though.

Sassy Squatch 10-18-2013 04:49 AM

So pretty much we need everything except a new punter and kicker?

spanky 52 10-18-2013 05:21 AM

OG, WR, RB, QB. Not necessarily in that order.

KC_Lee 10-18-2013 11:56 AM

WR, CB, OLB, ILB, OL in that order.

Nightfyre 10-18-2013 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 10095837)
So pretty much we need everything except a new punter and kicker?

I was ranking every position based on level of need. I would say we need everything except kicker, punter and safety.

DJ's left nut 10-18-2013 01:23 PM

QB -- but the right one; don't be desperate.

DE -- Jackson and DeVito are nice players but if you can get someone that can also get serious push from the front alongside Poe....Christ on a cracker, this defense would be unstoppable. I wouldn't even be opposed to drafting another NT and making Poe a DE in this scheme but I would want it to be a Gerald McCoy/Suh type of NT - an athlete.

OLB -- Defense is now about disrupting the pass. I believe we should treat this position about how I used to think about CBs - draft one every single year and if he sticks, outstanding. Hali's not getting younger and this defense clicks because of the dual threat at OLB. We have to keep that intact.

RB -- I don't like what I see in Davis, Charles has 2 years left and I don't like giving big $$ deals to RBs in their late 20s. We need a dynamic RB that can break big plays and catch the ball out of the backfield. A guy like Giovani Bernard would be ideal.

WR -- I think Bowe will bounce back next year (maybe even this year) and I like Avery. I still think Hemingway can start in this league. That said, the WRs look awful right now; we need to keep trying until something clicks.

ILB -- Need to be on the lookout for the next DJ; he's going to start showing some wear pretty soon.

RealSNR 10-18-2013 01:41 PM

OL- Jeff Allen is an abortion. Eric Fisher is an abortion. The cap may dictate that we have to let Branden Albert walk, which would be an abortion. This really sucks, because OL is possibly the youngest unit as a whole on the team, and where we should be loading up on young guys to replace the old guys, we're forced to keep stocking the wells with more inexperienced youth. It's either that or we do a reprise of what we have right now. May need to look to free agency for this one and find a bunch of Geoff Schwartzes, if there are any out there.

TE- Wasn't too impressed by Kelce in his preseason games before the injury. Depending on him could prove to be foolish and put us back in the same position we're in right now.

RB- For reasons other people have said

WR- For obvious reasons

CB- Should be targeted in the later rounds, since all we need is some more depth after we cut Robinson's worthless ass.

I'm not too worried about the DL or LB at this stage. Dezmon Moses has yet to show us what he can do because (knock on wood) Houston and Hali have been 100% healthy so far, but I think he's very good depth at that position for now. Hali and DJ still got a couple of years left... we don't want to draft a guy and have him rot on the bench the entire time. Let's see if we can work around the problem by using the later rounds and rookie free agency to land another miracle steal.

Direckshun 10-18-2013 02:07 PM

1. QB
2. QB
3. QB
4. QB
5. QB

This year IS THE PERFECT YEAR for us to take a QB early.

Give him a year under Contract Year Alex Smith.

If Smith flourishes, keep him on a while longer. If not, give the new kid a start.

Other than that, we'll need to invest at WR and OL, assuming we keep Jackson.

O.city 10-18-2013 03:34 PM

Not just becaus of skin color, but it think tahj Boyd could be our mcnabb. I love that dude as a qb

Saccopoo 10-18-2013 05:27 PM

http://galileoace.com/Uploaded/2010.04/facepalm.gif

You dudes are ****ing nuts.

They ain't looking at a QB no how, no way.

Smith is five years minimum. Reid and Dorsey love the guy and he's a solid player at the position. (e.g., You know what the difference between the 6-0 Chiefs and 2-4 Texans is? Interceptions. Smith doesn't throw them.)

Bray is the guy that you all want them to sign - big arm, physical attributes, etc. He needs to be coached but he's exactly what all of you want in a prospect QB, and guess what? They signed that guy.

Herp derp.

You guys have to let it go. There is a little thing called reality that you should really think about embracing.

Nightfyre 10-18-2013 06:05 PM

First off, this is a list of individuals opinions about the Chiefs draft needs. Second of all, you are totally full of shit.

I need a reality check when you are saying that Bray is a perfect QB prospect? I need a reality check when you are saying Smith has 5 years of job security?

Saccopoo 10-18-2013 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 10097230)
First off, this is a list of individuals opinions about the Chiefs draft needs. Second of all, you are totally full of shit.

I need a reality check when you are saying that Bray is a perfect QB prospect? I need a reality check when you are saying Smith has 5 years of job security?

I never said Bray was perfect. However, he's got the tools that you want in terms of grooming a guy into a system. And that's a two to four year deal. And that's what you do with your third string rookie QB - you groom him into the system.

And yeah, Smith is here for a minimum of five years.

So, all of you still wishing for a guy like Jimmy Clausen in the first - it's not going to happen. At least for while.

They signed a rookie with potential in Bray. You want them to draft another guy this next year and then who are you getting rid of? It sure as shit isn't going to be either Smith or Daniel. So, you want to dump the dude who everyone was on his jock for come draft time for another rookie who's just going to get groomed again? And rinse and repeat for the next five years?

Yeah, get a reality check on that shit.

Nightfyre 10-18-2013 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 10097715)
I never said Bray was perfect. However, he's got the tools that you want in terms of grooming a guy into a system. And that's a two to four year deal. And that's what you do with your third string rookie QB - you groom him into the system.

And yeah, Smith is here for a minimum of five years.

So, all of you still wishing for a guy like Jimmy Clausen in the first - it's not going to happen. At least for while.

They signed a rookie with potential in Bray. You want them to draft another guy this next year and then who are you getting rid of? It sure as shit isn't going to be either Smith or Daniel. So, you want to dump the dude who everyone was on his jock for come draft time for another rookie who's just going to get groomed again? And rinse and repeat for the next five years?

Yeah, get a reality check on that shit.

Daniel nets significant cap savings if we cut him next year. Further, Alex Smith will be on a short leash if his shitty production continues.

Saccopoo 10-18-2013 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 10097722)
Daniel nets significant cap savings if we cut him next year. Further, Alex Smith will be on a short leash if his shitty production continues.

No way.

He had a bad game. They all have bad games. And he didn't cost them turnovers in a bad game. And he picked up crucial first downs with his feet when he wasn't throwing well.

Smith has himself on a short enough leash not to worry about Reid putting one on him. And I bet Reid and Dorsey like such games from Smith. Didn't cost them a win and probably drives down the price of his next contract. I think that these guys are smart enough to understand that they are going to need to sign a lot of guys in order to keep this ship going forward and sinking Rogers or Manning or Flacco money into a singular position isn't going to help the team long term. Smith won't be demanding that level of money for a long term deal.

Daniel was signed to be what he is. I seriously doubt he's going anywhere either.

And Bray is the long term project.

Nightfyre 10-18-2013 10:39 PM

Whatever. Anyone saying Smith has 5 years of job security based on his performance thusfar needs their head checked.

Direckshun 10-19-2013 08:01 AM

Hell, Andy Reid brought in tons of QBs even when McNabb was the guy.

Dave Lane 10-19-2013 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 10097162)

Smith is five years minimum. Reid and Dorsey love the guy and he's a solid player at the position. (e.g., You know what the difference between the 6-0 Chiefs and 2-4 Texans is? Interceptions. Smith doesn't throw them.)

Bray is the guy that you all want them to sign - big arm, physical attributes, etc. He needs to be coached but he's exactly what all of you want in a prospect QB, and guess what? They signed that guy.

Herp derp.

You guys have to let it go. There is a little thing called reality that you should really think about embracing.

You're right it's never the right time to take a quarterback in Kansas City hell why would we ever draft one?

Good call.

Saccopoo 10-19-2013 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 10097955)
Whatever. Anyone saying Smith has 5 years of job security based on his performance thusfar needs their head checked.

Anyone who isn't objective enough to understand that Smith and the rest of the offensive unit is operating out of a completely new system, the tight end group is two dudes off the street, the wide receivers have shit for hands and the offensive line is very young and isn't playing well, which results in a lack of cohesion and chemistry which subsequently results in less overall positive production but is still yielding a perfect record so far into the season but still wants to criticize the quarterback specifically as the sole reason why the offense is not performing to the same level as the 2000 Rams or 1998 Vikings needs their head checked.

Reid has already spoke glowingly about Smith leadership skills, huddle presence and capabilities as a QB and specifically stated that the offense and Reid himself needs to get better in order to help his QB perform better.

This is a team in it's infancy, with all parts learning on a daily basis how to get better as a whole. There is no way on God's green earth that they are bringing in a quarterback controversy potential after a single season. You are freaking absolute nuts if you think that is even the most distant and remote of possibilities.

The only guy that's getting replaced as a QB on this roster over the next two to three years is Bray as the third team "young dude, let's try to groom this guy and see what we've got" QB option. And that's only if he's viewed as a complete basketcase.

All of you "We need a first round, home grown QB that the Chiefs picked for themselves!!!" guys should think about taking a sabbatical because it's not going to happen for a while. If you can't get it out of your system, I might suggest getting a little more acquainted with a team like the Texans, the Cardinals, the Browns, the Jaguars, the Vikings, the Patriots, the Giants or the Redskins, as all of those teams are far closer to needing a new starting QB than the Chiefs. (And, amazingly enough, several of those teams have spent very recent first round picks on a QB, but yet, oddly enough, they will be most likely looking at doing it again. Weird, huh?)

Nightfyre 10-19-2013 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 10098294)
Anyone who isn't objective enough to understand that Smith and the rest of the offensive unit is operating out of a completely new system, the tight end group is two dudes off the street, the wide receivers have shit for hands and the offensive line is very young and isn't playing well, which results in a lack of cohesion and chemistry which subsequently results in less overall positive production but is still yielding a perfect record so far into the season but still wants to criticize the quarterback specifically as the sole reason why the offense is not performing to the same level as the 2000 Rams or 1998 Vikings needs their head checked.

Reid has already spoke glowingly about Smith leadership skills, huddle presence and capabilities as a QB and specifically stated that the offense and Reid himself needs to get better in order to help his QB perform better.

This is a team in it's infancy, with all parts learning on a daily basis how to get better as a whole. There is no way on God's green earth that they are bringing in a quarterback controversy potential after a single season. You are freaking absolute nuts if you think that is even the most distant and remote of possibilities.

The only guy that's getting replaced as a QB on this roster over the next two to three years is Bray as the third team "young dude, let's try to groom this guy and see what we've got" QB option. And that's only if he's viewed as a complete basketcase.

All of you "We need a first round, home grown QB that the Chiefs picked for themselves!!!" guys should think about taking a sabbatical because it's not going to happen for a while. If you can't get it out of your system, I might suggest getting a little more acquainted with a team like the Texans, the Cardinals, the Browns, the Jaguars, the Vikings, the Patriots, the Giants or the Redskins, as all of those teams are far closer to needing a new starting QB than the Chiefs. (And, amazingly enough, several of those teams have spent very recent first round picks on a QB, but yet, oddly enough, they will be most likely looking at doing it again. Weird, huh?)

Saccopoo wants to make some excuses and play the 6-0 card. Get real Sacc. Several teams have implemented new offenses and had no problem executing them. And yes, while the offensive line play is an abortion, a franchise QB will overcome that. Further, I would bet we draft a few QBs over the next five years since that was the Packer way. Hell, Andy Reid drafted a QB every other year.

Direckshun 10-19-2013 03:45 PM

In terms of team politics, however, Sac's dead right. That's no doubt the absolute mindset the Reid/Dorsey system have right now.

I disagree with them, as do many of the folks on this site. But there's no doubt that's exactly how they feel about it.

Direckshun 10-19-2013 03:46 PM

Although, Sac, please tell me you agree that the Chase Daniel project needs to end sooner rather than later.

I can see Reid/Dorsey drafting a QB in the 3rd or 4th if the value's there. And if he blows up in the preseason, the team could/would cut Daniel.

OnTheWarpath15 10-19-2013 04:16 PM

Every pick devoted to OL/TE/WR. /CP

Direckshun 10-19-2013 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 10099641)
Every pick devoted to OL/TE/WR. /CP

As far as I can tell, most people in this thread (generally the draftnik-est among CP) are advocating for a QB, are we not?

OnTheWarpath15 10-19-2013 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10099688)
As far as I can tell, most people in this thread (generally the draftnik-est among CP) are advocating for a QB, are we not?

Key words: This thread.

Get out of DraftPlanet and ask the riff-raff. Everyone's response to the bitching about the offense is to bring up a so-called weakness at those three positions.

RealSNR 10-19-2013 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 10099734)
Key words: This thread.

Get out of DraftPlanet and ask the riff-raff. Everyone's response to the bitching about the offense is to bring up a so-called weakness at those three positions.

"Would help if we had receivers who could get open!"

Every time somebody posts that, my blood pressure spikes

OnTheWarpath15 10-19-2013 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10099798)

Same here, along with acting as if Anthony Fasano is the missing like to this offense.

It's not like we have Gronk, Graham, Davis, Gonzo or hell, even Martellus Bennett injured.

Anthony.

Fasano.

GMAFB.

SAUTO 10-19-2013 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10099798)

Gannon said it, he knows
Posted via Mobile Device

Saccopoo 10-19-2013 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10099547)
Although, Sac, please tell me you agree that the Chase Daniel project needs to end sooner rather than later.

I can see Reid/Dorsey drafting a QB in the 3rd or 4th if the value's there. And if he blows up in the preseason, the team could/would cut Daniel.

Potentially.

Though has anyone really ever seen what Daniel is capable of at this level? He obviously brings something to the table, otherwise he isn't in the role he is with both the Saints and the Chiefs - both coached by guys who are considered QB gurus.

And I do see them potentially looking at guys in that area of the draft at the QB spot, but it's not going to happen for at least another two seasons. They are going to shore up the weak spots on the offense in this next draft, and that isn't going to include the QB position despite what the CP negativists say.

Wide receiver and offensive line are going to be the focal points in the next draft, particularly if Asamoah and Allen don't pick up their game. And they will need a new OT as I'll be shocked if Albert is still around in 2014.

Saccopoo 10-19-2013 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 10099819)
Same here, along with acting as if Anthony Fasano is the missing like to this offense.

It's not like we have Gronk, Graham, Davis, Gonzo or hell, even Martellus Bennett injured.

Anthony.

Fasano.

GMAFB.

And that's why everyone outside of the "We gotta draft a QB in the first round!1!!11!" crowd realizes that OL, TE and WR are positions where the Chiefs could upgrade.

Everyone is in awe of the year that Peyton Noodle Arm is having, but I hope that they realize that Denver has a very good offensive line, a stellar WR corps and a pretty decent tight end group. You have that and it definitely helps your QB look a lot better come game day.

Not everyone is Tom Brady or Johnny ****ing Unitas for Christ's sake.

Nightfyre 10-19-2013 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 10100250)
And that's why everyone outside of the "We gotta draft a QB in the first round!1!!11!" crowd realizes that OL, TE and WR are positions where the Chiefs could upgrade.

Everyone is in awe of the year that Peyton Noodle Arm is having, but I hope that they realize that Denver has a very good offensive line, a stellar WR corps and a pretty decent tight end group. You have that and it definitely helps your QB look a lot better come game day.

Not everyone is Tom Brady or Johnny ****ing Unitas for Christ's sake.

I hope you realize that we can upgrade the QB position and it will make everyone else better.

You do realize that all of these players looked significantly worse without peyton manning at the helm, right? He helps by ensuring the offense gets more reps and makes the most of the reps they get. Further, he makes all of the calls at the line in terms of protection and changes the play based on his ability to read a defense.

Saccopoo 10-19-2013 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 10100555)
I hope you realize that we can upgrade the QB position and it will make everyone else better.

You do realize that all of these players looked significantly worse without peyton manning at the helm, right? He helps by ensuring the offense gets more reps and makes the most of the reps they get. Further, he makes all of the calls at the line in terms of protection and changes the play based on his ability to read a defense.

I don't think that Welker, Decker and Thomas look any different. And their offensive line was good before Manning got there.

Sorry, but "significantly worse" isn't correct.

However, I do agree with you that by upgrading the QB position you can make the team better. The 2013 Chiefs much of the same players on it's starting roster as the 2014 roster, including Pro-Bowlers Charles, Houston, Hali, Johnson, Colquitt, Berry and guys like Flowers, Bowe, Poe, et al., but they were 2-14.

We upgrade the QB position from Matt Cassel to Alex Smith, and BINGO! 6-0 right out of the gate.

So, yes, by upgrading the QB position, the Chiefs are now only one of two undefeated teams in the NFL six weeks into the 2013 regular season.

Nightfyre 10-20-2013 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 10100721)
I don't think that Welker, Decker and Thomas look any different. And their offensive line was good before Manning got there.

Sorry, but "significantly worse" isn't correct.

However, I do agree with you that by upgrading the QB position you can make the team better. The 2013 Chiefs much of the same players on it's starting roster as the 2014 roster, including Pro-Bowlers Charles, Houston, Hali, Johnson, Colquitt, Berry and guys like Flowers, Bowe, Poe, et al., but they were 2-14.

We upgrade the QB position from Matt Cassel to Alex Smith, and BINGO! 6-0 right out of the gate.

So, yes, by upgrading the QB position, the Chiefs are now only one of two undefeated teams in the NFL six weeks into the 2013 regular season.

Wow. So now you are completely attributing the increase in productivity to Alex Smith, when the offense is in fact, on par with last year, rather than the ascension of the defense? Your logical incongruencies know no bounds. Further, your inability to acknowledge that Denver's receivers and offensive line are far better than they were without Manning is intellectually dishonest. You are not being rational here, Sac.

Rausch 10-20-2013 07:25 AM

Quote:

Favre was still ****ing Favre when they drafted Rodgers...

Saccopoo 10-20-2013 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 10100867)
Wow. So now you are completely attributing the increase in productivity to Alex Smith, when the offense is in fact, on par with last year, rather than the ascension of the defense? Your logical incongruencies know no bounds. Further, your inability to acknowledge that Denver's receivers and offensive line are far better than they were without Manning is intellectually dishonest. You are not being rational here, Sac.

Welker is Welker. He is The Natural and has put up similar numbers since he became a starter in New England in 2007.

Decker and Thomas were playing under Tebow/Orton and of course those guys aren't Manning, but Thomas actually averaged better ypc in 2011 than he is now and was a first round pick for a reason. Decker is the same thing. His 2011 season with Tebow/Orton was better from a production standpoint than what you are seeing under Manning. The addition of Welker made this the best WR corps in the NFL and it doesn't matter if it is Manning making the throws or Tebow - these guys have produced regardless.

LG Zane Beadles was named to the All-Rookie team in 2010 and has been performing at a Pro-Bowl level since then. (Chiefs really should have drafted him over McCluster that year - as I clamored for prior to that draft.) Luis Vasquez has been a day one starter since entering the league in 2009 and was very productive for San Diego and continued that at Denver. Orlando Franklin was also a Day One starter at RT when he was drafted in 2011. If Koppen and Clady weren't injured and in the lineup, I'd suggest that it would be the best offensive line in the NFL regardless of Manning's presence.

What you see in Denver is the exact opposite that you see in Kansas City. While the Chiefs were spending all of their high round selections on the defensive side of the ball the last couple of years, the Broncos were spending them on the offensive side of the ball. As such, what you see is what you get - the Chiefs are dominating on defense and the Broncos are dominating on offense. And you can see that in the two QB's that each team has. Manning sets up that offense, and Smith allows the defense to be the aggressive, attacking unit that you see each Sunday by not giving the ball over to the other defense on a short field and by winning the field position battle.

Saccopoo 10-20-2013 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10100954)
Favre was still ****ing Favre when they drafted Rodgers...

And?

Rogers had mechanical issues that they were willing to sit and work on for four full seasons before they made the switch.

Not so completely different from Bray other than when each player was selected/not selected in the draft. And I'd argue that it was Bray's maturity issues that dropped him versus anything. The guy had first round size and arm strength, but no one wants another Ryan Leaf.

Sorter 10-21-2013 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 10101297)
And?

Rogers had mechanical issues that they were willing to sit and work on for four full seasons before they made the switch.

Not so completely different from Bray other than when each player was selected/not selected in the draft. And I'd argue that it was Bray's maturity issues that dropped him versus anything. The guy had first round size and arm strength, but no one wants another Ryan Leaf.

He also had absolutely terrible game play for the most part, poor ball placement, as well as other football related issues.

the Talking Can 10-21-2013 08:46 AM

QB
WR/TE (i'd trade kelce and davis for keenan allen)
LB (either DJ's eventual replacement, or a pass rusher to groom behind Houston/Hali..LB core is our strength, let's keep it that way...plus - no jinx - we've been very fortunate on the injury front here)
RB (need someone who can credibly relieve Charles)
Safety
OL (sigh)

Hog's Gone Fishin 10-21-2013 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10096755)
1. QB /Johnny Manziel
2. QB / Johnny Football
3. QB / Texas A & M's QB
4. QB / Johnny ****ing Manziel

This year IS THE PERFECT YEAR for us to take a QB early.

Give him a year under Contract Year Alex Smith.

If Smith flourishes, keep him on a while longer. If not, give the new kid a start.

Other than that, we'll need to invest at WR and OL, assuming we keep Jackson.

I agree 100 %

Sure-Oz 10-21-2013 08:56 PM

Quote:

Herp derp.

No ****ing way Smith is 5 years with the way he's been playing lately. I'd think 2 maybe 3 max

crossbow 10-25-2013 05:18 PM

What's all this reckless talk about KC drafting a QB? Unless he can play offensive or defensive tackle it is not going to happen. Every year people propose these creative but wishful ideas that go against 40 years of Chiefs history. And then they wonder why they get disappointed.

Nightfyre 10-25-2013 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crossbow (Post 10123556)
What's all this reckless talk about my mom sleeping with a QB? Unless he can play offensive or defensive tackle it is not going to happen. Every year people propose these creative but wishful ideas that go against 40 years of my mom's history. And then they wonder why I get disappointed.

FYP.

Tribal Warfare 10-25-2013 05:56 PM

QB, WR, TE, OL, FS

TEX 10-25-2013 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 10095797)
Mine:

QB - Obviously.

OLB - Hali won't play forever and we need to be ready for that contingency. I keep anticipating his fall from glory and he keeps being a monster.

RB - I wouldn't count on Charles being the man next year, after the punishment he has taken this year. I was never really high on Knile Davis, and he still has ball security issues that plagued him at Arkansas.

WR - Obviously, receivers aren't getting sufficient separation for our current QB. If we get a new QB, he will need a second option.

DL - Jackson/Devito are adequate but Jackson is on a one year deal. Catapano is looking promising, but we still lack depth.

OL - I don't think personnel is the issue here, but something CLEARLY has to change to make it work.

ILB - DJ isn't getting any younger and we would be a hurting unit if he were injured. Jordan is on a one-year deal. I do love what Nico brings to the table, but he really doesn't fill DJ's role.

CB - We need someone to replace Dunta next year

S - Well, I can't complain about this position, but it had to get in here somehow. I hope we re-sign Abdullah and Demps, though.

All that "thought" and you left TE off your list. LOL!

Nightfyre 10-25-2013 07:25 PM

I did omit TE. My bad g-monies. Not that we really need another TE. We have Fasano, Kelce and McGrath.

Tribal Warfare 10-25-2013 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 10123722)
I did omit TE. My bad g-monies. Not that we really need another TE. We have Fasano, Kelce and McGrath.

outside of McGrath all were Moeakied, thus the need is there

Nightfyre 10-25-2013 07:29 PM

yup.

bshmerlie 10-28-2013 02:19 PM

I would like to see:

WR- from Free Agency

Draft:
1 round: TE
2 round: goes to SF
3 round: OL
4 round: QB
5 round: ILB
6 round: RB
7 round : DL

Rain Man 10-28-2013 07:08 PM

Our acquisition needs via either free agency, the draft, or finding a guy in the jungles of Borneo, are:

1. QBofF (or QBotverynearF)
2. TE
3. FS
4. LG
5. WR

I would say RT, but I think we need to give Fisher some time to develop and keep Albert on the left.

Honestly, if we solve 1, 2, and 3 we could easily bring home a Lombardi. This team is solid.

Sfeihc 10-28-2013 09:20 PM

#1 need. Me running their draft.

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-28-2013 10:50 PM

QB every year until we hit.

And now, some GOOD Soundgarden:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/j0xosEFe8Ik" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

saphojunkie 11-01-2013 02:49 PM

If a QB they love falls to them, then they will pull the trigger. I don't know if we will ever see Dorsey move up to go get a QB.

Assuming we aren't going for a QB this year, I'd say:

1. WR
2. TE
3. G
4. WR

We seriously need playmakers on offense, even, and maybe especially, if we get a young QB.

ToxSocks 11-01-2013 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 10147234)
If a QB they love falls to them, then they will pull the trigger. I don't know if we will ever see Dorsey move up to go get a QB.

Assuming we aren't going for a QB this year, I'd say:

1. WR
2. TE
3. G
4. WR

We seriously need playmakers on offense, even, and maybe especially, if we get a young QB.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a TE taken in the first two rounds, above a WR. Alex Likes his TE's and TE's seem to create the biggest matchup problems in this era of football.

A Big fast, strong TE is just as important as a big fast, strong WR these days.

The Franchise 11-01-2013 04:53 PM

1. G
2. WR
3. DE
4. OLB

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-01-2013 04:58 PM

If you find a QB you "love", you'd better move up, move sideways, or move to Denmark to get him.

KCFaninSEA 11-01-2013 08:14 PM

WR
LB
RB
G
TE
QB

Not necessarily in this order depending on availability at each pick but these seem to be the biggest needs going forward. This could also change depending on FA and injuries

Tribal Warfare 11-01-2013 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10147624)
1. G
2. G
3. RT
4. WR

FYP, a True Fans wet dream

Bump 11-01-2013 10:13 PM

We won't give up on Alex Smith anytime soon, so drafting a QB is out of the question anyways. So, I think our biggest need for the first round is a stud WR or TE, depending on who is there when we draft. If there isn't a stud WR or TE than we need to go with OG or a safety to play next to Berry.

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-02-2013 07:43 AM

QB
QB
WR
FS
AF(assorted fatty)
AF