ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football AFCW: Week 11 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=278493)

Mile High Mania 11-11-2013 12:51 PM

AFCW: Week 11

I feel like I'm having that moment in 'The Jerk' when Navin R. Johnson realizes the phone books just arrived. "It's here - It's here... Chiefs @ Broncos, sounds like your typical assholes are coming to town." :harumph:

Anyway, this is what everyone around here has been clamoring about for months now, the only blemish is that it's 8-1 vs 9-0, but sole possession of first place is on the line here, and there's absolutely no lack for drama.

As I type this, the Manningverse is all lit up about the MRI that will be performed today and while it's definitely a concern, I don't see this being a case where he's missing the game. If that were to happen, then all bets are off as the 6'7 Sasquatch would see his first action... but again, that ain't happening.

Through 10 weeks, we have the following:

Chiefs 9-0
Broncos 8-1
Chargers 4-5
Raiders 3-6

Three games that matter, but really only one of any real importance as it relates to the race for the Division crown.

Raiders @ Texans
Neither team is really any good right now, but both have the potential to win this game. I'm keeping it easy here and sticking with the home team. Houston has better playmakers across the board, IMO. And, I like what Keenum has been doing. The Raiders look ... well, like the Raiders. I think it could be a fun game to watch, possibly, but the Texans win this one by 10.

Texans 27 / Raiders 17

Chargers @ Dolphins
As I type this, the Dolphins are in all kinds of disarray and preparing to battle the Bucs on MNF. So, no clue as to whether or not they're rolling into this game with a win or a loss.

Either way, I don't think it will matter as I believe the Chargers when this "battle of the coastal teams". San Diego has talent and they can put up points, but their defense is rather lame. I think this could be a good game, but the Chargers win this one after a big letdown at home vs the Broncos. Chargers fans will be teased into another few weeks of "maybe we can get a WC spot" before ultimately being disappointed after their team loses 4 of their final 6 games at the hands of Denver, KC (twice) and the Bengals.

Chargers 30 / Dolphins 17

Broncos vs Chiefs :cuss: :# :Poke: rochambeau

There's not much more that can be said that isn't already being hotly debated on 72 other threads regarding this epic matchup. The Chiefs stroll into Denver with a perfect 9-0 record coming out of their bye week. The Chiefs are relatively healthy and determined to prove to everyone that they are without a doubt the best team in the land.

The Broncos slipped up against the Colts, and their defense has given up a fair amount of points and yards to every team they've played this season.

Every bit of success that Denver has is directly related to Manning - big shocker and with the ankle issues and the banged up Oline... there is cause for concern. The good news is that while the Chiefs have a nasty defense, their offense is fairly pedestrian.

I noted in another thread that if you were to compare Denver's production at home and KC's production on the road, it's not pretty for KC. In 4 road games, the Chiefs' offense has produced 5 TDs and 11 FGs, while the Defense and Special Teams has accounted for 5 other TDs. That's really good if you're a KC fan, but on the road in Denver... I think Smith and the passing game will have to become a bit more bold and productive, especially if Denver is successful in containing/limiting Charles.

I've thrown out a few random score predictions over the last week, but they all have one thing in common - I believe Denver wins this one by roughly 10 points. Yes, Manning is banged up - the Oline is banged up. The Chiefs defense is crazy nasty and will do all they can to hit Manning early, hard and often.

Can they be successful with this and can their offense put up 20+ points? I think Yes and No... it should be a fun game.

Broncos 34 / Chiefs 23

RealSNR 11-11-2013 12:53 PM

http://31.media.tumblr.com/cf90442d7...ehbpo6_250.gif

Bowser 11-11-2013 12:57 PM

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-FgpshdZIdP...on-nodding.gif

Hammock Parties 11-11-2013 12:57 PM

http://i.imgur.com/3SYEb0j.jpg

RealSNR 11-11-2013 12:59 PM

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lx...zx6so1_250.gif

Bowser 11-11-2013 12:59 PM

http://i.imgur.com/kryVbOv.gif

Good time to bring this one back up.

HemiEd 11-11-2013 01:04 PM

:LOL: At the thought of the Mannings putting 34 on the Chiefs.

RealSNR 11-11-2013 01:04 PM

http://25.media.tumblr.com/f43908548...ehbpo2_250.gif

RealSNR 11-11-2013 01:04 PM

http://31.media.tumblr.com/832f57f15...ehbpo4_250.gif

warrior 11-11-2013 01:04 PM

Broncos 34 on our defense OK

DELUSIONAL

RealSNR 11-11-2013 01:07 PM

I don't expect the Chiefs to go 16-0, MHM, so I guess I can't blame you for predicting us to lose every week. Sooner or later you'll get it right.

I mean, it's a pretty dumb ****ing pick strategy, but whatever. I'm not going to rain on your parade.

ptlyon 11-11-2013 01:08 PM

Somehow I knew the sight of this thread would make my penis throb more

Mile High Mania 11-11-2013 01:11 PM

I realize that conventional wisdom says that since no team has scored more than 17 points vs the Chiefs, that it's impossible to imagine it happening this week in Denver... but, why? Simply because it hasn't happened yet?

I mean... 7 of the 9 offenses that KC has faced rank 19th or lower in points scored this season. The rankings are 19, 24, 26, 27, 29, 30 and 32. The Cowboys (4th) played horrible @ KC and I said then that's not a shock, look what they did last night @ NOS. Dallas is miserable on the road. PHI... well, they're ranked 11th in offense, nothing too magical there though.

So, again - aside from KC holding 7 of the 13th worst offenses in the league to under 17 points a game, why is it absurd to think Denver will do better in Denver?

Strongside 11-11-2013 01:11 PM

Dan Henderson does not approve of your lunacy:

http://media.fightday.com/media/2013/06/bispko11.gif

Mile High Mania 11-11-2013 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10178073)
I don't expect the Chiefs to go 16-0, MHM, so I guess I can't blame you for predicting us to lose every week. Sooner or later you'll get it right.

I mean, it's a pretty dumb ****ing pick strategy, but whatever. I'm not going to rain on your parade.

I mentioned this before... I didn't start this until week 3 and this is only the 3rd time that I've picked KC to lose, but say whatever you like, bud.

ILChief 11-11-2013 01:12 PM

Shocked

RealSNR 11-11-2013 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 10178085)
I mentioned this before... I didn't start this until week 3 and this is only the 3rd time that I've picked KC to lose, but say whatever you like, bud.

The Titans and Bills, dude.

Bowser 11-11-2013 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 10178080)
I realize that conventional wisdom says that since no team has scored more than 17 points vs the Chiefs, that it's impossible to imagine it happening this week in Denver... but, why? Simply because it hasn't happened yet?

I mean... 7 of the 9 offenses that KC has faced rank 19th or lower in points scored this season. The rankings are 19, 24, 26, 27, 29, 30 and 32. The Cowboys (4th) played horrible @ KC and I said then that's not a shock, look what they did last night @ NOS. Dallas is miserable on the road. PHI... well, they're ranked 11th in offense, nothing too magical there though.

So, again - aside from KC holding 7 of the 13th worst offenses in the league to under 17 points a game, why is it absurd to think Denver will do better in Denver?

I think Denver will score more than 17 on us at their house. It's bound to happen when you have a defense that plays a ton of press man and utilizes a heavy blitz scheme. Peyton will likely have a high completion percentage against us, but not necessarily a ton of yards. The real trick for Denver will be in the red zone - field goals or touchdowns.

And in the interest of fairness - since you've shown what we've done against crappy offenses, just what is Denver's numbers against the crappy defenses they've played?

ILChief 11-11-2013 01:17 PM

Houston and hali are gonna send Peyton to join the donk fan in your avatar

RIP Fivehead
I don't care - 2013

Strongside 11-11-2013 01:18 PM

Quote:

Want to play that card? The defenses that you've beat up on rank 32, 31, 29, 21, 28, 27. Not to mention you had your worst performance of the year yesterday against the 29th ranked d in the league, LOST to the 21st ranked, and damn near lost to the 32nd ranked.

Don't bring up stupid, meaningless shit if you're not going to do your research first. You haven't played a team that is going to come at you with what our defense is bringing on Sunday night. Take that shit to the bank, boy.

RealSNR 11-11-2013 01:19 PM

Quote:

Because an offense that scores 41.2 PPG, while historically record-shattering, shouldn't score 34 on the NFL's best defense in terms of points, pass D, and sacks.

The freakin Chargers held them to 28, and I don't see your offensive line getting any healthier this week.

And that's all because Denver is at home? C'mon. Give me a break.

Mile High Mania 11-11-2013 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10178093)
The Titans and Bills, dude.

Right, I picked KC to lose those 2 road games...

KC was losing 13-17 in the 4th quarter vs TEN and then Succop and Charles put up 13 for the win. I was way off in my thinking there that it could be close and a possible loss.

KC was losing 3-10 at the half and thankfully the D/ST saved the day with 2 TDs in the 2nd half... again, another game where I was way off my rocker in thinking that KC stood a good chance to lose, mainly because of the offense.

warrior 11-11-2013 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 10178099)
Want to play that card? The defenses that you've beat up on rank 32, 31, 29, 21, 28, 27. Not to mention you had your worst performance of the year yesterday against the 29th ranked d in the league, LOST to the 21st ranked, and damn near lost to the 32nd ranked.

Don't bring up stupid, meaningless shit if you're not going to do your research first. You haven't played a team that is going to come at you with what our defense is bringing on Sunday night. Take that shit to the bank, boy.

I APPROVE OF THIS POST FOR TRUTH

Mile High Mania 11-11-2013 01:22 PM

Quote:

:deevee: Serious, are you suggesting that Denver almost lost to the Jags? Move along, li'l fella.

Bowser 11-11-2013 01:22 PM

Quote:

http://asoteamsushi.files.wordpress....12/exactly.gif

warrior 11-11-2013 01:22 PM

Hey MhM our defense dosn't play like a crippled up 60 year old.

Strongside 11-11-2013 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 10178113)
:deevee: Serious, are you suggesting that Denver almost lost to the Jags? Move along, li'l fella.

No. Dallas is the worst overall defense in the league.

http://i.imgur.com/YptAbQG.png

RealSNR 11-11-2013 01:24 PM

Quote:

I think he's talking about Dallas

Mile High Mania 11-11-2013 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10178103)
Because an offense that scores 41.2 PPG, while historically record-shattering, shouldn't score 34 on the NFL's best defense in terms of points, pass D, and sacks.

The freakin Chargers held them to 28, and I don't see your offensive line getting any healthier this week.

And that's all because Denver is at home? C'mon. Give me a break.

There you go again... because this team did "that" to your team, there's no way your team can do "that" to this other team. Just silly.

Yeah, home field is kind of a big player here, but whatever takes your mind off the fact that KC has to put up points as well... I get it. You need the Chiefs' defense to not only hold Denver to under 21, but you need the Chiefs D/ST to also score. Good luck.

KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN 11-11-2013 01:25 PM

If you made your living teaching math then I can see why you're wearing that barrel. You predicted two 10 point finals and neither one of your final scores is by ten points. Must be the altitude out there in Enver.

Mile High Mania 11-11-2013 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10178120)
I think he's talking about Dallas

Hell, it all depends on the variable you decide to sort the ranking on...

And, again - I've never claimed the Broncos' defense was stellar.

RealSNR 11-11-2013 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 10178121)
There you go again... because this team did "that" to your team, there's no way your team can do "that" to this other team. Just silly.

Yeah, home field is kind of a big player here, but whatever takes your mind off the fact that KC has to put up points as well... I get it. You need the Chiefs' defense to not only hold Denver to under 21, but you need the Chiefs D/ST to also score. Good luck.

I'm not saying we're going to hold you to 17. I'm saying it's kooky to think we're going to give up 34 points to you.

That's DOUBLE the output of the highest total we've allowed all season. Your offense is historically good, but it's not that good. And it's very beatable.

ptlyon 11-11-2013 01:27 PM

:popcorn:

Marcellus 11-11-2013 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10178132)
I'm not saying we're going to hold you to 17. I'm saying it's kooky to think we're going to give up 34 points to you.

That's DOUBLE the output of the highest total we've allowed all season. Your offense is historically good, but it's not that good. And it's very beatable.

The only way we give up a ton of points is if we turn the ball over repeatedly.That's probably not going to happen.

Our offense needs to control the clock and keep forehead on the sideline.

Mile High Mania 11-11-2013 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10178132)

Maybe the question is this --- is the Chiefs' defense really as good as many think, considering the teams they've played? Same could be posed about Denver, but there is the 2 years of track record there with this offense.

I think KC has a great defense, no doubt about it.

The riddle will begin to be answered on Sunday night.

Strongside 11-11-2013 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 10178137)

Our offense needs to control the clock and keep forehead on the gurney.

FYP.

Mile High Mania 11-11-2013 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 10178137)
The only way we give up a ton of points is if we turn the ball over repeatedly.That's probably not going to happen.

Our offense needs to control the clock and keep forehead on the sideline.

Did you know that Denver only had the ball for about 6 total minutes in the first half yesterday?

mr. tegu 11-11-2013 01:30 PM

Quote:

ROFL at you completely ignoring the rest of the post.

Strongside 11-11-2013 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 10178147)
Did you know that Denver only had the ball for about 6 total minutes in the first half yesterday?

That's what we bring to the table. Ball control and a break neck pass rush.

mr. tegu 11-11-2013 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 10178121)

You are correct. With how good Denver takes care of the ball on offense there is no way the Chiefs' defense can score...oh wait...

Strongside 11-11-2013 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 10178151)

ROFL

Mile High Mania 11-11-2013 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 10178148)
ROFL at you completely ignoring the rest of the post.

Sorry - guess I should have mentioned that while 28 points by the offense was the lowest total for the year, they still had 397 total yards and 4 passing TDs while averaging over 6 yards a play. All that while only having the ball for less than 22 minutes.

My bad.

Strongside 11-11-2013 01:34 PM

All joking aside. How awesome is it that we're even having debates over this? Football is so much better when we have a legitimate rivalry that isn't based on nothing. These games between Denver and KC are basically playoff games.

Dis gon be gud.

Marcellus 11-11-2013 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 10178147)

That will work if you can pull out a 75 yard TD or 2 right out the gate. Not going to happen.

Mile High Mania 11-11-2013 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 10178150)
That's what we bring to the table. Ball control and a break neck pass rush.

And good luck with all that.

I'm predicting a win here, but I'll also say that it most certainly is not out of the question that Denver could lose this game. Any given Sunday... I just don't believe it's going to happen.

BlackHelicopters 11-11-2013 01:36 PM

It's only Monday.

Strongside 11-11-2013 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop (Post 10178162)
It's only Monday.

By Friday we'll be mourning deaths, mopping up vomit and shaving our heads. Shit's gonna get weird.

Mile High Mania 11-11-2013 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 10178159)
That will work if you can pull out a 75 yard TD or 2 right out the gate. Not going to happen.

That's about like me saying KC's D/ST won't score, is it not?

Denver's offense has produced 33 passing TDs, 11 rushing TDs and 12 FGs. I like their chances.

Pablo 11-11-2013 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 10178157)
All joking aside. How awesome is it that we're even having debates over this? Football is so much better when we have a legitimate rivalry that isn't based on nothing. These games between Denver and KC are basically playoff games.

Dis gon be gud.

It's very enjoyable. I'm sure the trolling will be incredible on both sides all week long.

Strongside 11-11-2013 01:40 PM

Welcome to 10:15 pm...Sunday, November 17th.

http://extras.mnginteractive.com/liv...-011213~p1.jpg

GordonGekko 11-11-2013 01:44 PM

This is a weird game for me. If the Chiefs get absolutely curb-stomped in Denver, I wouldn't be surprised. But if we win, I wouldn't be surprised either. Not sure what to make of that but that is how I feel.

I do know one thing, our pass rush needs to re-emerge if we are going to have any kind of shot at stopping that offense.

Bowser 11-11-2013 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 10178164)

Denver's offense has produced 33 passing TDs, 11 rushing TDs and 12 FGs. I like their chances.

Against some really shitty defenses.

warrior 11-11-2013 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 10178164)

Chiefs first in sacks
Chiefs 5th in int

I like our chances

Mile High Mania 11-11-2013 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 10178186)
Against some really shitty defenses.

All true, this will be an interesting experiment... which prevails, the great defense or the great offense.

Quote:

Originally Posted by warrior (Post 10178202)
Chiefs first in sacks
Chiefs 5th in int

I like our chances

Chiefs' defense is 10th overall in YPG allowed per game. Roughly 208 passing and 119 rushing allowed. This is good.

In the last 4 games, KC has lost the total yards gained battle 3 times - only having more total yards than Houston. The Bills put up 470 total yards on the Chiefs' defense in their last game... on the road in Buffalo.

If the Bills can put up nearly 500 yards of offense as recently as 9 days ago, then I think Denver has a shot. This Bills turned it over and wasted a good opportunity to knock the Chiefs down a notch... the KC defense saved the day.

ptlyon 11-11-2013 02:07 PM

Sorry, but desperate times leads to desperate measures...

Josh McDaniels

Mile High Mania 11-11-2013 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 10178259)
Josh McDaniels

Who?

Ohhhh! That guy, the one responsible for drafting DT, Decker and a move that ultimately resulted in Peyton Manning choosing Denver. Gotcha!

notorious 11-11-2013 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 10178159)

Kendrick Lewis says hello.

Marcellus 11-11-2013 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 10178268)
Kendrick Lewis says hello.

He would say hello but his slow ass cant catch me.

He is definitely the weak link in the defense.

Berry on Thomas is going to be interesting as well.

Bewbies 11-11-2013 02:35 PM

I think us only scoring 23 on that _efense would be the same reason you score 34. We'd need to have 3-4 turnovers.

Mile High Mania 11-11-2013 02:36 PM

It will certainly be interesting how they match up...

Demaryius Thomas @ 6'3
Eric Decker @ 6'3
Wes Welker @ 5'9
Julius Thomas @ 6'5

Then you have Moreno leading the Spare RBBC, but he's actually doing well and providing to be a nice safety valve in the passing game.

All the other guys, Ball, Tamme, Caldwell, Davis, etc... they're just fodder for various plays, but the big 5 present some serious challenges, even for a great defense like KC.

The OLINE has to pick up the pace and do their part.

Pasta Little Brioni 11-11-2013 02:36 PM

Oh awesome another one of these!!!/said no one ever

Pasta Little Brioni 11-11-2013 02:37 PM

Charles gets loose this week...bank on it.

Mr. Arrowhead 11-11-2013 02:37 PM

isnt the broncos whole offense basically a bunch of Offensive Pass Interference AKA rub routes that never get called

Mile High Mania 11-11-2013 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 10178331)
I think us only scoring 23 on that _efense would be the same reason you score 34. We'd need to have 3-4 turnovers.

In the 4 Road Games - KC is averaging 17 points scored by just the offense, so yes - the D/ST will have to produce again, unless Smith and the passing game wakes up from their coma.

Pasta Little Brioni 11-11-2013 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Arrowhead (Post 10178339)
isnt the broncos whole offense basically a bunch of Offensive Pass Interference AKA rub routes that never get called

Pretty much dink and duck.

Bowser 11-11-2013 02:38 PM

Quote:

Basically

Mile High Mania 11-11-2013 02:39 PM

Quote:

Yes, that's exactly it ... haven't you heard the 31 other owners and coaches screaming about it? :deevee:

Bewbies 11-11-2013 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 10178340)
In the 4 Road Games - KC is averaging 17 points scored by just the offense, so yes - the D/ST will have to produce again, unless Smith and the passing game wakes up from their coma.

We haven't played your defense yet, to be fair.

Mile High Mania 11-11-2013 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 10178341)
Pretty much dink and duck.

What is dink and duck?

Pasta Little Brioni 11-11-2013 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 10178346)
What is dink and duck?

Think about it for a sec.

Mile High Mania 11-11-2013 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 10178345)
We haven't played your defense yet, to be fair.

Yes, and I'm sure we'll see them just light it up because they simply just haven't had to so far, based on what I've read around here at times.

Bewbies 11-11-2013 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 10178351)
Yes, and I'm sure we'll see them just light it up because they simply just haven't had to so far, based on what I've read around here at times.

Have you forgotten that we lived thru the best offense/worst defense era too? We had the career day defense, similar to yours.

I don't think we'll score a ton, but is also don't think we will have to.

Mile High Mania 11-11-2013 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 10178357)
Have you forgotten that we lived thru the best offense/worst defense era too? We had the career day defense, similar to yours.

I don't think we'll score a ton, but is also don't think we will have to.

Yeah, but this Denver defense isn't quite as wretched as what KC once had... 5 of Denver's opponents have scored 21 or fewer points.

Denver gave up 48 and 39 respectively on the road at DAL and IND. Two teams with lots of firepower. Only 3 teams have scored more than 23 points.

Lots of those points were in garbage time with big double digit leads. It is what it is...

RealSNR 11-11-2013 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 10178369)
Yeah, but this Denver defense isn't quite as wretched as what KC once had... 5 of Denver's opponents have scored 21 or fewer points.

Denver gave up 48 and 39 respectively on the road at DAL and IND. Two teams with lots of firepower. Only 3 teams have scored more than 23 points.

Lots of those points were in garbage time with big double digit leads. It is what it is...

The 2003 Chiefs posted 2 shutouts, and held a bunch of opponents to less than 10 points.

Hell, that defense basically won the Denver game in Kansas City.

Just because you guys hold some opponents to small scoring outputs doesn't mean you don't suck.

Mile High Mania 11-11-2013 02:58 PM

The other thing that has been mentioned is the pace of the game...

Denver has 371 points scored through 9 games, with 156 of those coming in the first half (avg of 17.3) and 215 coming in the second half (avg of 24).

Denver is averaging a full 7 more points scored per game in the second half, after they've made their adjustments.

Through 9 games, only 3 teams have scored more than Denver in the second half.

Oak (10-14) in a loss. Dallas (23-28) in a loss. SD (7-14) in a loss.

In either half, Denver averages more points than KC's offense is putting out there... :eek: I guess we have a week's worth of this type of bullsh going back and forth.

Buckle up...

Bewbies 11-11-2013 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 10178369)

I remember when Dallas torched us for 16 points. Rough, rough day.

The interesting part of this game is that our strengths matchup, as do our weaknesses. I can't recall a game in a long time that matched up that way...

Bewbies 11-11-2013 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 10178396)
The other thing that has been mentioned is the pace of the game...

Denver has 371 points scored through 9 games, with 156 of those coming in the first half (avg of 17.3) and 215 coming in the second half (avg of 24).

Denver is averaging a full 7 more points scored per game in the second half, after they've made their adjustments.

Through 9 games, only 3 teams have scored more than Denver in the second half.

Oak (10-14) in a loss. Dallas (23-28) in a loss. SD (7-14) in a loss.

In either half, Denver averages more points than KC's offense is putting out there... :eek: I guess we have a week's worth of this type of bullsh going back and forth.

Buckle up...

Take a look at our 4th quarters... :D

Dayze 11-11-2013 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 10178346)
What is dink and duck?

I think it was a cartoon character duo from the 50's.

Mile High Mania 11-11-2013 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10178393)
The 2003 Chiefs posted 2 shutouts, and held a bunch of opponents to less than 10 points.

Hell, that defense basically won the Denver game in Kansas City.

Just because you guys hold some opponents to small scoring outputs doesn't mean you don't suck.

2003? Maybe your years are crossed, I looked and saw no shutouts and saw two scores under 10 points allowed, another two with exactly 10 allowed.

Splitting hairs here, I think.

Dayze 11-11-2013 03:02 PM

essentially, both teams will have to play relatively mistake free football, is what it comes down to.

whoever can limit turnovers, dumbass/drive extending penalties, 30+ yd plays will likely come out on top