ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Poop Pomeranian pups (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=279048)

Stewie 11-29-2013 03:36 PM

Pomeranian pups

I'm looking for a Pomeranian puppy. I was at a Thanksgiving get-together yesterday and there was a 1-year old that was cool as hell. I've looked around and they are stupid expensive. Anyone know a reasonable breeder that doesn't charge a fortune?

OrtonsPiercedTaint 11-29-2013 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie (Post 10232408)
I'm looking for a Pomeranian puppy. I was at a Thanksgiving get-together yesterday and there was a 1-year old that was cool as hell. I've looked around and they are stupid expensive. Anyone know a reasonable breeder that doesn't charge a fortune?

Eric Warfield?

Tombstone RJ 11-29-2013 03:48 PM

how about rescuing a pup from the pound instead?

DaFace 11-29-2013 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 10232422)

This.

Silock 11-29-2013 03:50 PM

Quote:

I don't like this guy, but I agree with him this once.

Pomeranians suck, anyway.

FlaChief58 11-29-2013 03:53 PM

M.Vick, although the dogs may have some damage

LoneWolf 11-29-2013 03:58 PM

Quote:

Do you have kids?

If so, did you adopt?

If the answer is no, then shut the **** up and mind your own business.

TribalElder 11-29-2013 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 10232435)
Do you have kids?

If so, did you adopt?

If the answer is no, then shut the **** up and mind your own business.

ROFL

Just go buy a pure bread kid yo

Mr_Tomahawk 11-29-2013 04:04 PM

Yeah...and you shouldn't try to have a child with your wife when there are so many kids looking to be adopted out there...

People who give a puppy from an AKC breeder a new home are bad people.

Get what you want...it'll be thankful for its new home regardless where you get it from.

LoneWolf 11-29-2013 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribalElder (Post 10232436)
ROFL

It just pisses me off when some sanctimonious jack wagon makes a comment basically bad mouthing a guy for wanting a pure bred dog. There are literally thousands of children waiting to be adopted, but you never hear when someone announces they are having a child "why don't you just adopt a kid?"

And before the posts start about me not practicing what I preach, I have an almost 2 year old adopted son.

DaFace 11-29-2013 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 10232442)
It just pisses me off when some sanctimonious jack wagon makes a comment basically bad mouthing a guy for wanting a pure bred dog. There are literally thousands of children waiting to be adopted, but you never hear when someone announces they are having a child "why don't you just adopt a kid?"

And before the posts start about me not practicing what I preach, I have an almost 2 year old adopted son.

1. The conditions where dogs are kept at many breeders are well documented.
2. Pure bred dogs often have genetic health issues due to decades of inbreeding.
3. Most adoption agencies for kids don't put them down if no one wants them.

Psyko Tek 11-29-2013 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribalElder (Post 10232436)
ROFL

bread kids get soggy in water

Stewie 11-29-2013 04:25 PM

Wow. Nevermind. Who knew my sister could adopt a cool dog?

TribalElder 11-29-2013 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psyko Tek (Post 10232463)
bread kids get soggy in water

You got me :clap:

I was just f'ing around with the whole thing

My dog has ran into health issues and was a pure breed. My other dog is just a wild mix and has not had issues for what it's worth

Lzen 11-29-2013 04:26 PM

You know how I know if you're gay?

Pablo 11-29-2013 04:26 PM

My grandma had a Pomeranian.

Hated that yapping, bouncy shit-head. All the others I've been around have the same personality.

A breed I will personally never own. Best of luck in your searches.

seclark 11-29-2013 04:27 PM

check out an afghan wolfhound. I hear they're great around goats.
sec

Stewie 11-29-2013 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 10232474)
My grandma had a Pomeranian.

Hated that yapping, bouncy shit-head. All the others I've been around have the same personality.

A breed I will personally never own. Best of luck in your searches.

That's a schnauzer.

Mr. Laz 11-29-2013 04:28 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 10232423)
This.

these

TheUte 11-29-2013 04:28 PM

Quote:

DON'T SHOP, ADOPT.

Too many animals out there need homes.

Silock 11-29-2013 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie (Post 10232466)
Wow. Nevermind. Who knew my sister could adopt a cool dog?

Seriously, though, there are rescue groups for just about every dog out there. So, check around.

I have a pure bred AKC aussie shepherd rescue. Over $1000 from a breeder. $60 from a rescue group. She just wasn't a puppy. The breeders got rid of her after she turned 3 because they were afraid the quality of her puppies would start to suffer. Fricking morons just in it for cash, not love.

OrtonsPiercedTaint 11-29-2013 04:31 PM

**** Sarha McClocklin

OrtonsPiercedTaint 11-29-2013 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrtonsPiercedTaint (Post 10232484)
**** Sarha McClocklin

If you don't have the balls to put down a dog you can't find a home for. You shouldn't have one.

Sassy Squatch 11-29-2013 04:41 PM

Best pets I've had I found in the wild. All cats though.

LoneWolf 11-29-2013 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 10232457)
2. Pure bred dogs often have genetic health issues due to decades of inbreeding.

1. The conditions where many foster kids are kept are well documented (no, I'm not saying all foster parents are bad/poor).

2. Children raised in foster homes often have mental health problems due to feeling neglected and unwanted.

3. Most adoption agencies don't take care of the children. They are simply there to match mothers with families and facilitate the paperwork.

Sassy Squatch 11-29-2013 04:43 PM

I know when I want a new purebred puppy I just bend my girl over and do her doggy style

DaFace 11-29-2013 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 10232499)
1. The conditions where many foster kids are kept are well documented (no, I'm not saying all foster parents are bad/poor).

2. Children raised in foster homes often have mental health problems due to feeling neglected and unwanted.

3. Most adoption agencies don't take care of the children. They are simply there to match mothers with families and facilitate the paperwork.

I'm not sure what point you're trying to prove here. Adoption is great, regardless of whether we're talking about animals or kids.

hometeam 11-29-2013 04:44 PM

Adopt whatever dog you want.

I have English bull terriers and they are known for OCD and one of mine has it really bad. I bought him from a breeder. I also rescued a deaf purebread pup.

I still love em both despite the defects~

Tombstone RJ 11-29-2013 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 10232499)

first of all, adopting a dog from the pound where it only has a certain amout of time to live before it's destroyed is TOTALLY DIFFERENT than adopting a human child. The very fact that you are making the comparison makes me question your sanity. Yes, you are doing society a great service by adopting a foster kid and yes, most if not all these kids come from broken homes and have emotional/mental issues. That being said, wtf does that have to do with providing a home for an unwanted puppy?

Let me answer this for you--nada.

Sassy Squatch 11-29-2013 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 10232505)
Adopt whatever dog you want.

I have English bull terriers and they are known for OCD and one of mine has it really bad. I bought him from a breeder. I also rescued a deaf purebread pup.

I still love em both despite the defects~

What does OCD look like in a dog?

LoneWolf 11-29-2013 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 10232503)
I'm not sure what point you're trying to prove here. Adoption is great, regardless of whether we're talking about animals or kids.

We agree on this. It just seems, and maybe I'm blowing this out of proportion, that if someone makes the decision to buy a dog from an AKC breeder they automatically get shit from all the "you should have adopted" crowd. I just wonder why the same doesn't happen to people who make the decision to have children. If you want to adopt a dog, that's great. If you want to go to a registered breeder, that's great also. I just disagree with what I perceive as a stigma attached to people who decide to purchase puppies from breeders.

The fact that the first person to comment was a stinking Broncos fan didn't help.

Oxford 11-29-2013 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 10232482)
Seriously, though, there are rescue groups for just about every dog out there. So, check around.

I have a pure bred AKC aussie shepherd rescue. Over $1000 from a breeder. $60 from a rescue group. She just wasn't a puppy. The breeders got rid of her after she turned 3 because they were afraid the quality of her puppies would start to suffer. Fricking morons just in it for cash, not love.

I just don't understand some people.... :#

hometeam 11-29-2013 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 10232513)
What does OCD look like in a dog?

Einstein chases his tail about 80% of the time. It can also be other ticks, and weird little things the same way it is in humans. Things like going in and out of a room a bunch of times etc. My guy usually just chases the shit out of his tail and really if he's not chasing it he's looking at it and thinking about it.

Right now he quits on command, but as soon as I release him he's back at it.

SAUTO 11-29-2013 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 10232510)
first of all, adopting a dog from the pound where it only has a certain amout of time to live before it's destroyed is TOTALLY DIFFERENT than adopting a human child. The very fact that you are making the comparison makes me question your sanity. Yes, you are doing society a great service by adopting a foster kid and yes, most if not all these kids come from broken homes and have emotional/mental issues. That being said, wtf does that have to do with providing a home for an unwanted puppy?

Let me answer this for you--nada.

I doubt he would be saying anything if people weren't bashing him for wanting a specific puppy...
Posted via Mobile Device

Sassy Squatch 11-29-2013 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 10232521)
Einstein chases his tail about 80% of the time. It can also be other ticks, and weird little things the same way it is in humans. Things like going in and out of a room a bunch of times etc. My guy usually just chases the shit out of his tail and really if he's not chasing it he's looking at it and thinking about it.

Right now he quits on command, but as soon as I release him he's back at it.

Thanks. Seems to still live a happy life.

Katipan 11-29-2013 04:52 PM

I bought from a breeder because my family had known her dogs for years. Very smart and easy to train. This being my first puppy I was afraid I wouldn't be able to love a stupid one so I went for as good of odds as I could get.

Swear to God I would love a stupid kid tho.

Bugeater 11-29-2013 04:54 PM

Many, many years ago my wife went out and spent $300 on a ****ing Pomeranian, and it was a goddamn inbred asshole. Ended up giving it away after only a couple months. **** that dog, and **** Pomeranians.

LoneWolf 11-29-2013 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katipan (Post 10232525)
I bought from a breeder because my family had known her dogs for years. Very smart and easy to train. This being my first puppy I was afraid I wouldn't be able to love a stupid one so I went for as good of odds as I could get.

Swear to God I would love a stupid kid tho.

They're all a little stupid when they're teenagers. I have two nieces staying with me and my wife until Monday and they are 15 and 16. I swear to god if they didn't have cell-phones they wouldn't know what to look at. The 16 year old has texted her boyfriend at least 500 times in the last 24 hours.

mikey23545 11-29-2013 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 10232457)

LMAO

Just wait until Obamacare is fully implemented...

Katipan 11-29-2013 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 10232529)
They're all a little stupid when they're teenagers. I have two nieces staying with me and my wife until Monday and they are 15 and 16. I swear to god if they didn't have cell-phones they wouldn't know what to look at. The 16 year old has texted her boyfriend at least 500 times in the last 24 hours.

It's frightening the access kids have to eachother and the entire collection of human knowledge. I fear I'm going to be grandma Miss K within the next 10 years. Without all the good squirrel recipes.

LoneWolf 11-29-2013 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katipan (Post 10232536)
It's frightening the access kids have to eachother and the entire collection of human knowledge. I fear I'm going to be grandma Miss K within the next 10 years. Without all the good squirrel recipes.

I fear that their verbal and written communication skills will continue to decline. I tried to have a conversation with the 16 year old about what her interests are and what she may want to study in college and it was like talking to an 8 year old. Lots of umms, you knows, and awkward silences while she stared at her phone. I'm quickly turning into the grumpy middle aged man I told myself I would never be.

SAUTO 11-29-2013 05:09 PM

I just want to scream TALK to them.

Ummm's drive me nuts in the middle of a sentence
Posted via Mobile Device

LoneWolf 11-29-2013 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 10232551)

Posted via Mobile Device

Yep, I just offered to take them to the new Hunger Games movie and they both looked at me like my hair was on fire. They couldn't fathom not being able to have their phones on for an entire 2 hours. I'm seriously considering taking their phones away until Monday.

hometeam 11-29-2013 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 10232571)
Yep, I just offered to take them to the new Hunger Games movie and they both looked at me like my hair was on fire. They couldn't fathom not being able to have their phones on for an entire 2 hours. I'm seriously considering taking their phones away until Monday.

http://www.orderofthegooddeath.com/w...py-old-man.jpg

SAUTO 11-29-2013 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 10232571)

I've got a 16 year old daughter in kc that lives with her mom.

She has over twenty thousand texts a month.

Twenty
Thousand.

Holy ****.

I haven't texted my wife in two weeks. We talk. I just checked and I've had 396 texts since the first of the month. 90 percent are updates from espn
Posted via Mobile Device

Katipan 11-29-2013 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 10232551)

Posted via Mobile Device

OOH if I didn't swear that I wouldn't yell anymore after my first marriage, this would be me.

Now I quietly tell them to hurry up and pick something to say or I'm going to pick something for them. Scarier than yelling anyways.

ghak99 11-29-2013 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 10232482)

Sorry, but you've been fed lines of shit.

The breeder did not get rid of her because the quality of her pups would go down after she turned 3. A three year old dog is just maturing and hasn't even hit her peak production age yet. Dogs with bad genetics, non desirable phenotypes, or poor maternal abilities get culled for financial and breed improvement reasons. Perhaps you found a bargain because of it, quit bitching about it and enjoy it.

The pet industry is a 50 billion dollar a year industry. Over two billion dollars in pets were purchased in 2013. Morons who breed pets for free and rescued dogs could never supply enough animals, or the right type, to feed the demand. I assume you work a job you get paid for, correct? Why the hell shouldn't the people in the pet industry be paid for their time as well?

Mr. Flopnuts 11-29-2013 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghak99 (Post 10232649)

The breeder did not get rid of her because the quality of her pups would go down after she turned 3. A three year old dog is just maturing and hasn't even hit her peak production age yet. Dogs with bad genetics, non desirable phenotypes, or poor maternal abilities get culled for financial and breed improvement reasons. Perhaps you found a bargain because of it, quit bitching about it and enjoy it.

The pet industry is a 50 billion dollar a year industry. Over two billion dollars in pets were purchased in 2013. Morons who breed pets for free and rescued dogs could never supply enough animals, or the right type, to feed the demand. I assume you work a job you get paid for, correct? Why the hell shouldn't the people in the pet industry be paid for their time as well?

Settle down over there, Mike Vick.

BigBeauford 11-29-2013 06:26 PM

I commend people who adopt from shelters, never had good luck trying to break a shelter dog of its bad habits instilled in it from shitty owners.

Demonpenz 11-29-2013 06:38 PM

I ****ing only buy from breeders. You get exactly what you want.

Mr. Flopnuts 11-29-2013 06:47 PM

Golf clap for the adopters and all, but there isn't a damn thing wrong with buying a certain breed if that's what you want. You're taking care of it, and feeding it, providing vet care and what not. You choose what to spend your money on. There isn't anything immoral about buying a dog instead of adopting.

Signed,

A guy with an adopted dog

ghak99 11-29-2013 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 10232666)
Settle down over there, Mike Vick.

ROFL Hey, I started with sorry.

I couldn't watch a dog fight. Roosters wearing boots though... :hmmm:

Psyko Tek 11-29-2013 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribalElder (Post 10232469)
You got me :clap:

I was just f'ing around with the whole thing

My dog has ran into health issues and was a pure breed. My other dog is just a wild mix and has not had issues for what it's worth

in the last 20 years had one "pure" american shepard she lasted 13 years
then we got an akc rescue dog, she was a kettle mother, she only lived to be 6( she had no idea how to be a dog, poor baby) we had a mix australian/greman shepard pup from her
was closeing on being the smartest dog I had ever seen
and she was the only 80 lb dog I had ever seen to go up in the air for frisbees
she whated to do a flip so bag

she got scared off onre night by fireworks

hunted for her for 2 days

she made it a mile away from home when she got hit

so a year later we got this german shepard mix fron a pound

turns out some breed ofcoon hound has the same marking and close to the same head
this ****er is a runner

I am 48 years old, my next dog will be a new pup of exactly the breed I want

Chief_For_Life58 11-29-2013 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 10232442)

ohhhh burnnnnn

Mr. Flopnuts 11-29-2013 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghak99 (Post 10232731)

Heh, I figured you'd like that.

SAUTO 11-29-2013 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghak99 (Post 10232731)

As long as they are spiked boots
Posted via Mobile Device

jackkked 11-29-2013 08:12 PM

small white dogs = coyote fodder

Phobia 11-29-2013 08:16 PM

My wife came home with a Pom a few years back. She started sneezing immediately. Sold it to a friend on FB that same day for what she paid. That lady's kid dropped the dog on its head about 3 days later. Dog seized and died. Now we ended up with a reeruned hippy dog. He's dumb and he loves me more than anybody else in the family and I don't even pay him any attention. I don't get it.

Wilson8 11-29-2013 10:52 PM

Driving east on 50 Hwy from KC, there is a hand painted sign up on the right side of the road that says "Poms". Seems like it is around Lone Jack. If you live in the area, you might check them out. Don't know anything about them but just saw the sign today. Good luck.

007 11-30-2013 01:12 AM

yip yip yip yip yip yip yip yip yip yip yip yip yip yip yip yip yip yip yip yip yip yip yip yip yip yip yip yip yip yip yip yip yip yip yip yip

Silock 11-30-2013 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghak99 (Post 10232649)

Who's bitching? I'm saying they're idiots for getting rid of her, especially for the reason we were given. She produced red, red merle, black and blue merle puppies. She's a top quality dog that they got rid of for no apparent reason. She was pregnant when they dumped her off, and she birthed all four colors in the litter, and was, by all accounts, an excellent mother.

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/g...psb4f12768.jpg
http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/g...ps125aeb1e.jpg

Silock 11-30-2013 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBeauford (Post 10232679)
I commend people who adopt from shelters, never had good luck trying to break a shelter dog of its bad habits instilled in it from shitty owners.

We've only had to return one adopted dog, and it was because he was way too cat-aggressive (we had 3 cats at the time). It would have been unfair to the cats for us to keep him, since they were here first. He's now a prison rehab dog.

Silock 11-30-2013 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 10232719)
Golf clap for the adopters and all, but there isn't a damn thing wrong with buying a certain breed if that's what you want. You're taking care of it, and feeding it, providing vet care and what not. You choose what to spend your money on. There isn't anything immoral about buying a dog instead of adopting.

Signed,

A guy with an adopted dog

While that's certainly true if you purchase from a responsible breeder, it's not true of all breeders. Some are only in it to make a buck off of popular breeds and are no better than a puppy mill. I, too, have no *real* beef with purchasing from a responsible breeder, but my first stop would ALWAYS be a shelter, and then a breed-specific rescue before heading to a breeder. Breed specific rescues often have puppies, if that's what people want.

Rescues just seem to have a bad rep for bad reasons. Our first shelter dog was given up because she was "too hyper, and would destroy the house." So, they kept her in a crate for 20 hours out of the day. We got her, and she wouldn't even go in a crate without freaking out. Turns out, all she needed was a walk every day and someone to pay attention to her. She's never needed to be in a crate since. She doesn't do anything except lie in the floor waiting for us to get home when we're not there.

bevischief 11-30-2013 01:38 AM

My last few dogs have been adoptions.

OrtonsPiercedTaint 11-30-2013 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10233497)
yip yip yip yip yip yip yip yip yip yip yip yip yip yip yip yip yip yip yip yip yip yip yip yip yip yip yip yip yip yip yip yip yip yip yip yip

It's probably where the word pom-poms come from
You grab two hands full of fur and shake the shit out them to get them STFU

Mr. Flopnuts 11-30-2013 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 10233507)
While that's certainly true if you purchase from a responsible breeder, it's not true of all breeders. Some are only in it to make a buck off of popular breeds and are no better than a puppy mill. I, too, have no *real* beef with purchasing from a responsible breeder, but my first stop would ALWAYS be a shelter, and then a breed-specific rescue before heading to a breeder. Breed specific rescues often have puppies, if that's what people want.

Rescues just seem to have a bad rep for bad reasons. Our first shelter dog was given up because she was "too hyper, and would destroy the house." So, they kept her in a crate for 20 hours out of the day. We got her, and she wouldn't even go in a crate without freaking out. Turns out, all she needed was a walk every day and someone to pay attention to her. She's never needed to be in a crate since. She doesn't do anything except lie in the floor waiting for us to get home when we're not there.

I agree with your sentiment, I just don't think people should be chastised because they want something specific. And the nonsense that went on earlier in the thread was just over the top, reactionary, bullshit. Not from you, but it's not hard to see what I'm talking about.

DaFace 11-30-2013 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 10233596)
I agree with your sentiment, I just don't think people should be chastised because they want something specific. And the nonsense that went on earlier in the thread was just over the top, reactionary, bullshit. Not from you, but it's not hard to see what I'm talking about.

Actually, I think it is. What posts do you think were over the top?

Dylan 11-30-2013 09:05 AM

http://thecoolpuppy.com/webimages/ar...an-Puppies.jpg

Oh, how cute...

Google: Pomeranian dog rescue

Good luck, Stewie.