ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Late night bullshit: My offseason plan. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=279870)

Direckshun 12-23-2013 01:31 AM

Late night bullshit: My offseason plan.

Predictions:

1. Chiefs finish 11-5, get a wild card slot, and visit the Indianapolis Colts, where they lose.

2. The Chiefs have the 24th overall pick, and the 49ers have our 2nd rounder. We have the Cowboys' 6th rounder, however.

3. The Chiefs resign OG Geoff Schwartz to a 2-year, $4m deal.

4. The Chiefs resign WR Kyle Williams, TE Sean McGrath, LS Thomas Gafford, ILB Akeem Jordan, NT Jerrell Powe, S Husain Abdullah to minimal deals.

5. The Chiefs let walk: WR Dexter McCluster, OT Brandon Albert, OG Jon Asamoah, DE Tyson Jackson, OLB Frank Zombo, S Kendrick Lewis, S Quinten Demps

6. The Chiefs cut: QB Chase Daniel, CB Dunta Robinson

7. Chiefs sign WR Jeremy Maclin to a 3-year, $15m contract, and OT Winston Justice to a 1-year, $2m deal, S Bradley McDougald to a minimum deal.

The Draft:

1. QB Derek Carr, Fresno State
3. FS Tre Boston, North Carolina
4. OLB Jackson Jeffcoat, Texas
5. OG Malcolm Bunche, Miami
6. CB Keith McGill, Utah
6. WR Alex Neutz, Buffalo
7. DE Travis Raciti, San Jose State

QB: Smith, Bray, Carr
RB: Charles, Davis, Gray
FB: Sherman

WR: Bowe, Maclin, Avery, Jenkins, Neutz, Williams
TE: Fasano, Kelce, McGrath

LT: Stephenson/Fisher, Justice
LG: Allen, Bunche
C: Hudson, Kush
RG: Schwartz, Bunche
RT: Stephenson/Fisher, Justice

DE: DeVito, Raciti
NT: Poe, Powe
DE: Bailey/Catapano, Bailey/Catapano

OLB: Hali, Moses
ILB: Jordan, Johnson
ILB: Johnson, Johnson
OLB: Houston, Jeffcoat

CB: Flowers, Smith, Cooper, Parker, McGill
S: Berry, Boston, Abdullah, McDougald

K: Succop
P: Colquitt
LS: Gafford
KR: Davis
PR: Williams

Titty Meat 12-23-2013 01:33 AM

Why would they dump Jackson?

MMXcalibur 12-23-2013 01:33 AM

I'm pessimistic about our playoff chances, as most others are, but talking off-season plans?

Direckshun 12-23-2013 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 10305485)
Why would they dump Jackson?

$$$

He plays 40% of the downs here.

He's going to play 80% of the downs somewhere else. We're not going to outbid whoever that team is.

Direckshun 12-23-2013 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCtotheSB (Post 10305486)
I'm pessimistic about our playoff chances, as most others are, but talking off-season plans?

Check the thread title.

Hammock Parties 12-23-2013 01:48 AM

god bless this offseason, my friend

just need alex to break something

FloridaMan88 12-23-2013 05:03 AM

You would still draft Carr in the first round after how he looked against USC in Fresno State's bowl game this weekend?

KC_Connection 12-23-2013 05:05 AM

I don't want to draft a Carr.

Discuss Thrower 12-23-2013 07:37 AM

No way Alex is backed up by two QBs with one year of experience between them.

duncan_idaho 12-23-2013 08:18 AM

Really would like the Jeffcoat pick if they can get him in round 4.

Like all of that, really, except for Derek Carr in round 1. I just don't quite buy that guy as a 1st round QB. He reminds me an awful lot of Tyler Wilson.

I'm all for taking a QB in that spot, but don't expect it to happen.

Besides, we have Bray. We don't need a young QB/derpa.

FRCDFED 12-23-2013 08:25 AM

Yahoo Sports mock has Carr going to Cleveland at the 5 spot. If that is the case he may truly be a value pick if he falls to the bottom of round 1.

Mav 12-23-2013 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pam Oliver's Forehead (Post 10305494)
god bless this offseason, my friend

just need alex to break something

Pity that the internet at your house or your fingers, or you yourself haven't broke leaving you incapable of writing such filth.

Mav 12-23-2013 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FRCDFED (Post 10305598)
Yahoo Sports mock has Carr going to Cleveland at the 5 spot. If that is the case he may truly be a value pick if he falls to the bottom of round 1.

I have seen that too.

Just what Cleveland needs. Another Carr to come in and not live up to the hype.

Molitoth 12-23-2013 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 10305513)
You would still draft Carr in the first round after how he looked against USC in Fresno State's bowl game this weekend?

It's people like you who would NEVER draft a QB. You should draft based on potential and coachability, not (what do this player do in his last college game) which is what most short sighted people remember.

You do realize that EVERY QB that has ever existed has not been perfect every game, right?

Tom Brady and Peyton Manning STILL have bad days.

Fire Me Boy! 12-23-2013 08:31 AM

I doubt we cut McCluster. He's been pretty solid this year, especially in the return game.

FRCDFED 12-23-2013 08:32 AM

Think I would go CB or QB in round 1. Depending on who is still on the board at the bottom of round 1. We need to maximize that pick because of the loss of the 2nd rounder.

'Hamas' Jenkins 12-23-2013 08:37 AM

If there is a QB on the board who has a reasonable shot to end up better than Alex Smith, you take him. If there's one with a projectable skill set, you still have to consider taking him.

If there is an absolute dearth at that spot for some reason, and you're left pondering the likes of a shitass like Carr, then take a WR, FS, or pass rusher.

Mav 12-23-2013 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10305612)
If there is a QB on the board who has a reasonable shot to end up better than Alex Smith, you take him. If there's one with a projectable skill set, you still have to consider taking him.

If there is an absolute dearth at that spot for some reason, and you're left pondering the likes of a shitass like Carr, then take a WR, FS, or pass rusher.

I think that KC would be a great spot to grab someone like Mettenberger.

Torn Acl. He could come in, sit back, not rush him back. Perfect scenario.

top 15 talent, at the later parts of the first.

Could be an Aaron Rodgers type steal.

FRCDFED 12-23-2013 08:42 AM

Quote:

The only mock I've seen so far appears to have higher quality WR talent still on the board at the bottom of round 1 than most positions. That may be the best direction.

FRCDFED 12-23-2013 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 10305619)

I've heard good things about him as well. If it were any other position I would so no way because of the ACL. However, with a QB it isn't as critical.

Mav 12-23-2013 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FRCDFED (Post 10305623)
The only mock I've seen so far appears to have higher quality WR talent still on the board at the bottom of round 1 than most positions. That may be the best direction.

The kid from Vandy would be a fantastic grab.

FANTASTIC.

Mav 12-23-2013 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FRCDFED (Post 10305627)
I've heard good things about him as well. If it were any other position I would so no way because of the ACL. However, with a QB it isn't as critical.

Exactly.

He could not be rushed back. Sit and learn from Alex, Reid, and Pedersen, then next offseason after Alex is gone, him and Bray can fight it out.

May the best big armed stud win

'Hamas' Jenkins 12-23-2013 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FRCDFED (Post 10305623)

It's still a long, long way away.

FRCDFED 12-23-2013 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 10305628)
The kid from Vandy would be a fantastic grab.

FANTASTIC.

Jordan Matthews? The mock had him at 32 to Seattle.

Mav 12-23-2013 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FRCDFED (Post 10305633)
Jordan Matthews? The mock had him at 32 to Seattle.

Yeah him. Super Talented. I like him better than Mike Evans.

FRCDFED 12-23-2013 08:47 AM

30. Kansas City Chiefs
Texas Tech TE Jace Amaro
Amaro has spent most of his season in the slot, torturing Big 12 defenses, and he’d be the perfect addition to this Chiefs offense that needs a little additional boost. Alex Smith had strong tight ends in San Francisco, and Amaro could be just the seam target he’s looking for to take that next step.

No way we take a TE in the first. lol

HemiEd 12-23-2013 08:51 AM

ROFL:LOL: Direckshun, I was all in there and enjoying your opening post until I saw your first draft pick.

I hate to break it to you, but it aint happening. I wish it would, but it is pretty clear, it won't.

Mav 12-23-2013 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FRCDFED (Post 10305636)
30. Kansas City Chiefs
Texas Tech TE Jace Amaro
Amaro has spent most of his season in the slot, torturing Big 12 defenses, and he’d be the perfect addition to this Chiefs offense that needs a little additional boost. Alex Smith had strong tight ends in San Francisco, and Amaro could be just the seam target he’s looking for to take that next step.

No way we take a TE in the first. lol

Shrugs. I suggested that.

Most of the most explosive offenses, not only have ONE, but multiple tight ends helping it.

For example. seattle has a rookie stud named Luke Wilson go along with Zach Miller.

San Francisco is running out a variation of Vernon Davis, Derrick Carrier, and Vance McDonald,.

The saints, Graham, and Ben Watson.

Its becoming vogue.

The extra tight end is becoming the old fullback.

Hell, the Ravens, although they got their shit pushed in yesterday, have been running a rotation of 3, with Dallas Clark, Ed Dickson, and now Pitta.

The Bengals took Tyler Eifert last year, to pair with Gresham.

The Lions use both Pettigrew, and Fauria.

I think that is a big part of the problem with the Chiefs offense.

Fasano has decent hands, but zero speed.

Same with Duck dynasty.

A super tight end like Zach Ebron from North Carolina, would open up so many more options for the Chiefs.

Mr_Tomahawk 12-23-2013 08:55 AM

Love it.

King_Chief_Fan 12-23-2013 08:55 AM

Need to flush a lot of bad off this team
11-4 team that is 2-4 of the last 6 ....3 losses at home.
what ever improves the o line and puts the ball in Recievers hands that can get open and catch id s good start...... a couple of db's that are better than what is there now will help

duncan_idaho 12-23-2013 08:55 AM

Quote:

Pretty much my feelings exactly.

If Carr is a first-round grade and slips to KC at 24, I can be excited with that, I guess. Just expecting him to get torn apart as the grading process goes on.

chiefzilla1501 12-23-2013 08:57 AM

Quote:

I don't understand people's grading of Mettenberger. If I'm taking an ACL guy, I'm going with Aaron Murray. Talented QB who has been ruined by horrible coaching and a horrible system.

Mr_Tomahawk 12-23-2013 08:57 AM

Now I am pissed. This thread got my hopes up...

duncan_idaho 12-23-2013 08:57 AM

And I think if KC takes a TE in the 1st, it's the Washington guy (Austin Sefarian-Jenkins). I know he's had some discipline issues, but the kid has the physical abilities you want out of a TE taken in Round 1.

Looks like WR might be the BPA at No. 24, so I'm sure they'll go that route.

Snapplez 12-23-2013 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 10305654)

If Carr is a first-round grade and slips to KC at 24, I can be excited with that, I guess. Just expecting him to get torn apart as the grading process goes on.

It's already started. All last offseason the talk was how great this years QB class was gonna be. Yesterday heard some talking head talk about how this years class gets weaker by the day cause none of the super duper best QB class ever really distinguished themselves this season.

'Hamas' Jenkins 12-23-2013 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 10305655)
I don't understand people's grading of Mettenberger. If I'm taking an ACL guy, I'm going with Aaron Murray. Talented QB who has been ruined by horrible coaching and a horrible system.

Neither one would carry anything close to a first round grade.

chiefzilla1501 12-23-2013 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10305688)
Neither one would carry anything close to a first round grade.

Of course not, but given the players in the bottom of the first, I don't think you have guys who are going to start right away anyway. I like using Alex as a bridge to patiently bring along the right QB and don't think injuries should keep us from doing that. And I would keep 4 QBs on the roster, even though I would argue that Chase Daniel brings nothing to the table, so we're screwed if we resort to him anyway.

duncan_idaho 12-23-2013 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snapplez (Post 10305686)
It's already started. All last offseason the talk was how great this years QB class was gonna be. Yesterday heard some talking head talk about how this years class gets weaker by the day cause none of the super duper best QB class ever really distinguished themselves this season.

Yeah, I think I heard the same interview.

Carr is supposedly getting a top 5 grade right now, but we'll see how long that lasts.

I'm sure the kid will ace the "leadership" portion of his interviews/grading processes. If he does well on the whiteboard and the throwing skills hold up, I guess he could stay up there.

But some of the guys you heard about leading up the last draft - that were lock-stock "guarantees" to grade out better than Smith/Wilson/Glennon/etc - sure have disappointed. David Fales, Logan Thomas, Brett Hundley, etc.

Hog's Gone Fishin 12-23-2013 09:30 AM

After noting that Manziel is not involved in your draft you lost all credibility with me !

Dave Lane 12-23-2013 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 10305558)
No way Alex is backed up by two QBs with one year of experience between them.

Daniels has 7 NFL passes. Carr is only those 7 behind him. And frankly couldn't be worse.

tredadda 12-23-2013 09:48 AM

Quote:

I would not mind him at all.......in round three or later. Our first needs to go to a position that nets us an immediate starter. Our biggest weaknesses right now are FS and WR. From what everyone here keeps saying is that there is no quality FSs that will be available when we pick, so I go with WR first. Get the best available WR or pass rusher if there is a good one that falls to us.

FloridaMan88 12-23-2013 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 10305603)
It's people like you who would NEVER draft a QB. You should draft based on potential and coachability, not (what do this player do in his last college game) which is what most short sighted people remember.

You do realize that EVERY QB that has ever existed has not been perfect every game, right?

Tom Brady and Peyton Manning STILL have bad days.

It is people like you who base your entire analysis of a college QB on his stats, rather than looking at the competition he played against.

Have you watched Carr play a single game this year? I am guessing no.

If you watched Carr play during the season you would realize that he rarely throws deep downfield. The majority of his passes are short passes that go for big plays because the opposing defenses were playing off Carr's WR's by a significant margin.

Teams like Hawaii, Idaho, UNLV, Nevada, Wyoming, etc. have to play this prevent style defense because they lack defensive talent.

The first team Carr faced this season who had the talent to play his WR's man to man was USC and they shut him down until garbage time.

Do yourself a favor... go watch the QB you are drooling over before you make a bigger dumbass of yourself than you already have.

You look like an ignorant dumbshit.

chiefzilla1501 12-23-2013 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 10305769)
I would not mind him at all.......in round three or later. Our first needs to go to a position that nets us an immediate starter. Our biggest weaknesses right now are FS and WR. From what everyone here keeps saying is that there is no quality FSs that will be available when we pick, so I go with WR first. Get the best available WR or pass rusher if there is a good one that falls to us.

If there's a QB available that we think projects into an NFL starter better than Alex Smith, you take him, even if your goal is to have him back up for a year or two.

FloridaMan88 12-23-2013 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 10305654)

Carr mastered the art of dinking and dunking in college.

He is Alex Smith.

tredadda 12-23-2013 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 10305775)
If there's a QB available that we think projects into an NFL starter better than Alex Smith, you take him, even if your goal is to have him back up for a year or two.

I think Mettenberger can be that guy. I just don't see us having to take him in the first. With his injury he should drop to the third at least.

FRCDFED 12-23-2013 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 10305646)
Shrugs. I suggested that.

Most of the most explosive offenses, not only have ONE, but multiple tight ends helping it.

For example. seattle has a rookie stud named Luke Wilson go along with Zach Miller.

San Francisco is running out a variation of Vernon Davis, Derrick Carrier, and Vance McDonald,.

The saints, Graham, and Ben Watson.

Its becoming vogue.

The extra tight end is becoming the old fullback.

Hell, the Ravens, although they got their shit pushed in yesterday, have been running a rotation of 3, with Dallas Clark, Ed Dickson, and now Pitta.

The Bengals took Tyler Eifert last year, to pair with Gresham.

The Lions use both Pettigrew, and Fauria.

I think that is a big part of the problem with the Chiefs offense.

Fasano has decent hands, but zero speed.

Same with Duck dynasty.

A super tight end like Zach Ebron from North Carolina, would open up so many more options for the Chiefs.

Oh yeah, support your assertion with facts against mine which is based on a hunch! :shrug: You win :p

I am just of the belief that our defense has really shown it's weaknesses over the past few weeks and they would go in that direction if a player were available they coveted. Aside from that they should take BPA (playmaker). If that is a stud TE that can split the seam and create matchup problems then I am on that bus as well!

TEX 12-23-2013 09:56 AM

Direckshun - you start almost as many stupid threads then GoChiefs.

chiefzilla1501 12-23-2013 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 10305783)
I think Mettenberger can be that guy. I just don't see us having to take him in the first. With his injury he should drop to the third at least.

I'm fine with that. I want the guy with the best upside that we can realistically get. If mettenbergers upside grades higher than anyone graded in the low first, take him. Alex smith gives us the luxury of even taking a guy whose injured.

mcaj22 12-23-2013 10:10 AM

so your draft gives the Chiefs no starting players next year

when they could use plug in starters at Safety, DE, MLB, WR, TE, OL, a real nickel CB. makes sense.

FRCDFED 12-23-2013 10:10 AM

I respect Tamba's accomplishments and hard work since he has been here. However, I am also in agreement with others on this board that Hali has probably already hit his ceiling and is probably on the downward descent of his career.

With that being said, if you were Dorsey and could package Hali to move up to draft his replacement such as:

1. Anthony Barr, UCLA, LB: He could've jumped to the NFL last spring and been a first-rounder, but he opted to spend another season in Westwood under Jim Mora and the Bruins should be thankful. Barr leads the nation with five forced fumbles to go with 13 TFLs, as the headliner of the country's top linebacking core. The speedy 6-5, 250-pound figures to be a Top 5 pick in the 2014 NFL draft. "Some guys seem like they ease up when they come back for one more year," said one NFL scout. "Not Barr. He's only continued to get better and play faster. It probably won't take him that long to make an impact when he gets up to our level."

2. Khalil Mack, Buffalo, LB: Never mind the mid-major stuff, this guy is a terror who would be a star in any league. And probably will be one soon in the NFL. Mack, who has sparked UB's rise after the program began this season 0-2 with losses to Ohio State and Baylor (combined record 16-0), does it all for a Bulls squad that is now 7-2 and held MAC foes to eight ppg. He has 3 INTs, 2 pick-6s, 11.5 TFLs. and 7.5 sacks. On Tuesday night, Mack had a forced fumble and three QB hurries in a 30-3 romp over Ohio. "Love this kid," said another NFL scout. "He's so explosive and there's so much he can do for you. He can do everything. He's got it all--he's athletic, quick, fast and instinctive."

Would you pull the trigger to get younger at OLB and have another stud to pair with Houston?

duncan_idaho 12-23-2013 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 10305782)
Carr mastered the art of dinking and dunking in college.

He is Alex Smith.

I only really saw him against San Jose State. Did not come away impressed with either him or Fales, even though they both put up huge numbers in that game.

I'd be surprised if Carr's current grade holds up once teams start watching him throw and break down all-22, etc.

Halfcan 12-23-2013 10:16 AM

Akeem Jordon is dogshit-hasn't made a play all year and gets pushed off the ball every play.

Another year of Alex? Why-when we know what he brings to the table.

Halfcan 12-23-2013 10:18 AM

Hopefully Kendick, flowers, bowe, fasano, avery will be gone as well.

The Franchise 12-23-2013 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 10305600)
I have seen that too.

Just what Cleveland needs. Another Carr to come in and not live up to the hype.

Did I miss where Cleveland drafted a Carr?

The Franchise 12-23-2013 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 10305830)

This post is full of ****ing stupid.

Bewbies 12-23-2013 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FRCDFED (Post 10305817)
I respect Tamba's accomplishments and hard work since he has been here. However, I am also in agreement with others on this board that Hali has probably already hit his ceiling and is probably on the downward descent of his career.

With that being said, if you were Dorsey and could package Hali to move up to draft his replacement such as:

1. Anthony Barr, UCLA, LB: He could've jumped to the NFL last spring and been a first-rounder, but he opted to spend another season in Westwood under Jim Mora and the Bruins should be thankful. Barr leads the nation with five forced fumbles to go with 13 TFLs, as the headliner of the country's top linebacking core. The speedy 6-5, 250-pound figures to be a Top 5 pick in the 2014 NFL draft. "Some guys seem like they ease up when they come back for one more year," said one NFL scout. "Not Barr. He's only continued to get better and play faster. It probably won't take him that long to make an impact when he gets up to our level."

2. Khalil Mack, Buffalo, LB: Never mind the mid-major stuff, this guy is a terror who would be a star in any league. And probably will be one soon in the NFL. Mack, who has sparked UB's rise after the program began this season 0-2 with losses to Ohio State and Baylor (combined record 16-0), does it all for a Bulls squad that is now 7-2 and held MAC foes to eight ppg. He has 3 INTs, 2 pick-6s, 11.5 TFLs. and 7.5 sacks. On Tuesday night, Mack had a forced fumble and three QB hurries in a 30-3 romp over Ohio. "Love this kid," said another NFL scout. "He's so explosive and there's so much he can do for you. He can do everything. He's got it all--he's athletic, quick, fast and instinctive."

Would you pull the trigger to get younger at OLB and have another stud to pair with Houston?

Let's trade one of the CURRENT best pass rushers in the NFL so we can draft a replacement who has never played a down!!

In 3 years I might take you up on it, but not yet...

chiefzilla1501 12-23-2013 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 10305828)
Akeem Jordon is dogshit-hasn't made a play all year and gets pushed off the ball every play.

Another year of Alex? Why-when we know what he brings to the table.

What's with the overreaction? You think we are going to sign 22 pro bowlers? Flowers, fasano, and Jordan are decent. If anything, they become reasonably priced quality depth.

FRCDFED 12-23-2013 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 10305844)
Let's trade one of the CURRENT best pass rushers in the NFL so we can draft a replacement who has never played a down!!

In 3 years I might take you up on it, but not yet...

IMO three years is too long. Hali built his career on being a high motor guy. I think we start to see a HEAVY decline in his play by the end of next season. When I say decline I mean in sack production and pass rush, which is what we mainly need from that position.

You see fans questioning the heart of this team late in the season and quitting just because they made the playoffs. IMO this losing mindset is left over from the Pioli regime. We need to continue to replace players when we have a chance with new blood that did not go through those tormenting years. It's necessary to build a winning mentality.

duncan_idaho 12-23-2013 10:37 AM

Quote:

Makes no sense. Kendrick Lewis? Sure, let's upgrade.

Flowers? OK, what?

Bowe? Again, what? Who is KC going to bring in that's better? And what is KC going to get for him at this point? Need to add more weapons around Bowe, not subtract and then add.

Fasano? Sure.

Avery. Super cheap and gets great separation. Would be fine as the No. 3 WR/slot guy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FRCDFED (Post 10305817)

No, I would not. Tamba is still productive, and there's no guarantee the player you get to replace him is nearly as productive.

Considering the moves they have made to try to "win now" with this core group this year, trading Tamba in the offseason would be a contradictory move.

Now, if they had landed a promising young OLB in the 2013 draft and were confident in that guy being as effective, sure, you can look at it.

The Franchise 12-23-2013 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10305482)
Predictions:

1. Chiefs finish 11-5, get a wild card slot, and visit the Indianapolis Colts, where they lose.

2. The Chiefs have the 24th overall pick, and the 49ers have our 2nd rounder. We have the Cowboys' 6th rounder, however.

3. The Chiefs resign OG Geoff Schwartz to a 2-year, $4m deal.

4. The Chiefs resign WR Kyle Williams, TE Sean McGrath, LS Thomas Gafford, ILB Akeem Jordan, NT Jerrell Powe, S Husain Abdullah to minimal deals.

5. The Chiefs let walk: WR Dexter McCluster, OT Brandon Albert, OG Jon Asamoah, DE Tyson Jackson, OLB Frank Zombo, S Kendrick Lewis, S Quinten Demps

6. The Chiefs cut: QB Chase Daniel, CB Dunta Robinson

7. Chiefs sign WR Jeremy Maclin to a 3-year, $15m contract, and OT Winston Justice to a 1-year, $2m deal, S Bradley McDougald to a minimum deal.

The Draft:

1. QB Derek Carr, Fresno State
3. FS Tre Boston, North Carolina
4. OLB Jackson Jeffcoat, Texas
5. OG Malcolm Bunche, Miami
6. CB Keith McGill, Utah
6. WR Alex Neutz, Buffalo
7. DE Travis Raciti, San Jose State

QB: Smith, Bray, Carr
RB: Charles, Davis, Gray
FB: Sherman

WR: Bowe, Maclin, Avery, Jenkins, Neutz, Williams
TE: Fasano, Kelce, McGrath

LT: Stephenson/Fisher, Justice
LG: Allen, Bunche
C: Hudson, Kush
RG: Schwartz, Bunche
RT: Stephenson/Fisher, Justice

DE: DeVito, Raciti
NT: Poe, Powe
DE: Bailey/Catapano, Bailey/Catapano

OLB: Hali, Moses
ILB: Jordan, Johnson
ILB: Johnson, Johnson
OLB: Houston, Jeffcoat

CB: Flowers, Smith, Cooper, Parker, McGill
S: Berry, Boston, Abdullah, McDougald

K: Succop
P: Colquitt
LS: Gafford
KR: Davis
PR: Williams

Where is Commings?

HemiEd 12-23-2013 10:57 AM

Quote:

Are you serious, really? You have gone from full blown homer to angry!LMAO

RealSNR 12-23-2013 11:04 AM

Quote:

Holy shit. :facepalm:

Direckshun 12-23-2013 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10305881)
Where is Commings?

Heh.

Totally spaced on him.

Just... plug him in where ever.

chiefzilla1501 12-23-2013 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10306155)
Heh.

Totally spaced on him.

Just... plug him in where ever.

Commings would be great in demps' role. Right now, I think Dunta would be an upgrade top. I'd love to groom commings for safety, but if we want a safety, let's get an actual safety versus putting him in a new position.

ThaVirus 12-23-2013 12:56 PM

I'm all for seeing what Commings's got at the FS spot. He's got the size, speed and Knowshon Moreno knows the guy can hit.

Hoover 12-23-2013 01:30 PM

We are not going to draft a QB in round one this year.

Sorry folks, its just not going to happen. Especially since we have one pick to land a top talent who hopefully can start from day one. When I watch this team, the clear needs that stands out is at FS. I mean there is not even another position that comes close.

I'd do what it takes to make sure we can land Clinton-Dix. If it costs us a 4th to move up so be it. We should be able to get an upgrade a WR in free agency. I think we will try to keep guys like Jackson and McCluster.

Mav 12-24-2013 01:24 AM

I was more referring to how we draft the crap qbs. Couch, Quinn, Weeden, and If they got Carr that would just be perfect.

Hammock Parties 12-24-2013 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 10305599)
Pity that the internet at your house or your fingers, or you yourself haven't broke leaving you incapable of writing such filth.

Alex is a demon sent from the netherworld to deny us joy and prolong our suffering. Of this there can be no doubt, now. He is a great evil, and so you are you.

Reerun_KC 12-24-2013 06:55 AM

GoKendrick is a funny man.

duncan_idaho 12-24-2013 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 10306293)
We are not going to draft a QB in round one this year.

Sorry folks, its just not going to happen. Especially since we have one pick to land a top talent who hopefully can start from day one. When I watch this team, the clear needs that stands out is at FS. I mean there is not even another position that comes close.

I'd do what it takes to make sure we can land Clinton-Dix. If it costs us a 4th to move up so be it. We should be able to get an upgrade a WR in free agency. I think we will try to keep guys like Jackson and McCluster.

What if it costs a 2nd round pick to move up and get him...

Oh, wait.

Mav 12-24-2013 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pam Oliver's Forehead (Post 10308262)
Alex is a demon sent from the netherworld to deny us joy and prolong our suffering. Of this there can be no doubt, now. He is a great evil, and so you are you.

Meh. I owned your sorry ass and it's by my grace that you are even here troll boy. Remember that. You took your shot to get rid of me and you failed. Back in your cave.

Hammock Parties 12-24-2013 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 10308790)
Meh. I owned your sorry ass and it's by my grace that you are even here troll boy. Remember that. You took your shot to get rid of me and you failed. Back in your cave.

When Alex fails in the playoffs, will you be so bold?

Mav 12-24-2013 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pam Oliver's Forehead (Post 10308794)

I never promised the playoffs or any thing like that. Gee clay if you make enough bets you are bound to be right eventually.

Mav 12-24-2013 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pam Oliver's Forehead (Post 10308794)

And besides, if the chiefs win a playoff game, you will spend a week telling everyone how the chiefs managed to win in spite of Alex Smith, rather than with. I get your shtick dude. Troll else where please.

milkman 12-25-2013 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FRCDFED (Post 10305868)
IMO three years is too long. Hali built his career on being a high motor guy. I think we start to see a HEAVY decline in his play by the end of next season. When I say decline I mean in sack production and pass rush, which is what we mainly need from that position.

You see fans questioning the heart of this team late in the season and quitting just because they made the playoffs. IMO this losing mindset is left over from the Pioli regime. We need to continue to replace players when we have a chance with new blood that did not go through those tormenting years. It's necessary to build a winning mentality.

Winning mentality is built on hard work and desire, and no one works harder or plays with more desire than Hali.

People have been predicting Hali's decline for the last couple of years.

I expect he'll continue to play at a high level for at least 2 years, and he is not the kind perrson to get mired in a losing mentality.

milkman 12-25-2013 06:26 AM

Quote:

We affectionately do the word play with your name calling you "Halfwit".

That, of course, overstates your IQ.

RealSNR 12-25-2013 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FRCDFED (Post 10305868)

Who the **** are you? Sportsshrink?

Titty Meat 12-25-2013 05:48 PM

If they are going to go after a big named free agent i would prefer a guy like Fitzgerald and draft a guy like Richardson in the draft.

RunKC 12-25-2013 05:53 PM

Letting Demps go would be a mistake. He's 3rd in the NFL in return average and has been fantastic as a returner.

Yes he sucks as a Safety, but keep him for ST's.