ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football "I Was An NFL Player Until I Was Fired By Two Cowards and a Bigot" (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=280178)

Marco Polo 01-02-2014 04:53 PM

"I Was An NFL Player Until I Was Fired By Two Cowards and a Bigot"

The Vikings organization and the NFL could be sued if any of this is true from the special teams coordinator.

I can't imagine the depths of lawsuits that would accrue if any leader in my organization said some of the things that the special teams coordinator said.

Not to turn this into a Duck Dynasty/religion conversation but you can have your opinion, you just can't say those vile things ("nuke it until it glows") while representing your organization.

http://deadspin.com/i-was-an-nfl-pla...208214#replies

Deberg_1990 01-02-2014 04:54 PM

Chiefs fans favorite ST coach, Mike Priefer!

Marcellus 01-02-2014 04:58 PM

This article and the replies to it are just as good as the other one.

http://deadspin.com/5941348/they-won...-supporting-it

Marco Polo 01-02-2014 04:58 PM

Mike Priefer felt 'very strongly' Vikings needed to dump Kluwe.

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/M...is_Kluwe061913

BlackHelicopters 01-02-2014 04:59 PM

Kluwe doesn't have a clue.

MMXcalibur 01-02-2014 05:11 PM

Kickers and punters will speak when spoken to.

Gravedigger 01-02-2014 05:15 PM

Kluwe is a social media whore, he's looking for people to pay attention to him. He said stupid shit like this when he was in the NFL and he's no different from today. Funny how the whole Phil Robertson thing blows up over all news outlets then Kluwe says he was punished because of his views. Why didn't this story come out before Phil Robertson? Because it needed something to give it legs, it's just like everyone jumping on the concussion bandwagon. If people see an opening they take it, forget working hard when you can just sue someone or make ridiculous accusations that even if they were true doesn't make a damn bit of difference in our society.

Bewbies 01-02-2014 05:16 PM

I like how he hopes to destroy someone's life simply because they disagree with him. 'Merica

FloridaMan88 01-02-2014 05:18 PM

I am sure this will help Kluwe get back into the NFL.

On the bright side for him, he will probably get his own show on MSNBC.

ChiTown 01-02-2014 05:21 PM

Just so I understand this correctly, he's a punter, right?

Okay then, nothing to see here..........

splatbass 01-02-2014 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 10329017)
even if they were true doesn't make a damn bit of difference in our society.

Promoting hate always makes a difference in our society. A negative one.

KChiefer 01-02-2014 05:36 PM

Quote:

Kluwe is a social media whore, he's looking for people to pay attention to him. He said stupid shit like this when he was in the NFL and he's no different from today. Funny how the whole Phil Robertson thing blows up over all news outlets then Kluwe says he was punished because of his views. Why didn't this story come out before Phil Robertson? Because it needed something to give it legs, it's just like everyone jumping on the concussion bandwagon. If people see an opening they take it, forget working hard when you can just sue someone or make ridiculous accusations that even if they were true doesn't make a damn bit of difference in our society.

He says in the article that he waited until the Vikings season was over so that it didn't affect the friends he had on the Vikings during the season.

A Salt Weapon 01-02-2014 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCtotheSB (Post 10329012)
Kickers and punters will speak when spoken to.

ROFL

rabblerouser 01-02-2014 05:37 PM

Quote:

^this.

rabblerouser 01-02-2014 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefer (Post 10329047)
He says in the article that he waited until the Vikings season was over so that it didn't affect the friends he had on the Vikings during the season.

Yeah, because the Vikings had so much going for them this season.

rabblerouser 01-02-2014 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 10329022)

:thumb:

Dante84 01-02-2014 05:47 PM

Quote:

This and Phil Robertson are completely different.

PR expressed his views, and A&E expressed theirs, by suspending him. PR can still quit, A&E can still fire him. No rights are violated, and everyone is treated fairly under the law.

What Kluwe is alleging is harassment by an employer because of his opinions on a human rights issue. Whether its true or not, it IS a legal issue, because in America, discriminatory language by your employer is not allowed.

Again - this situation is completely different than Phil Robertson, who's rights were not violated.

Eleazar 01-02-2014 05:48 PM

Butthurt punter... go sell insurance

patteeu 01-02-2014 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 10329054)
Yeah, because the Vikings had so much going for them this season.

What does that have to do with it? Winning season or losing season, the players are still trying to do (and keep) their jobs.

patteeu 01-02-2014 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 10329022)

If you had read what he wrote, you'd realize that he says that by going public with all this he will probably end any chance he has of playing in NFL again.

splatbass 01-02-2014 05:50 PM

I just find it amazing that the people who defend Phil Robertson when he speaks his mind attack Kluwe for speaking his mind.

Marcellus 01-02-2014 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 10329018)
I like how he hopes to destroy someone's life simply because they disagree with him. 'Merica

So I take it you didn't read the article?

patteeu 01-02-2014 05:53 PM

I have no problem believing what he says about his coaches and his GM. On the other hand, I have no problem with the team deciding to move on from a mediocre punter who won't stop bringing unwanted attention to the team and replacing him with an equally effective, cheaper alternative.

headsnap 01-02-2014 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 10329066)
Butthurt punter... go sell insurance

LOL, I'm friends with a former NFL kicker(Super Bowl Winning BTW), he sells insurance now...

Dante84 01-02-2014 05:55 PM

Also, let's not forget Phil Robertson's advice that men "should marry girls who are 15 or 16."

I'm not so sure he's the guy you want to rally your cause around.

FloridaMan88 01-02-2014 06:04 PM

Now that Kluwe realizes he currently has no means to support his family and no income he'll sue the NFL for concussions/hating gays/hostile work environment/making him feel sad, etc, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

Rain Man 01-02-2014 06:07 PM

He was 24th in gross average last season, 18th in net average, and 31st in number of punts inside the 20 (though in fairness he was tied for 2nd in touchbacks). Perhaps he should have spent less time writing essays and more time punting.

rabblerouser 01-02-2014 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 10329078)
I have no problem believing what he says about his coaches and his GM. On the other hand, I have no problem with the team deciding to move on from a mediocre punter who won't stop bringing unwanted attention to the team and replacing him with an equally effective, cheaper alternative.

and that is all Minnesota has to do to prove their decision was football and finance related - they got similar production from someone else at half the cost.

facts are facts.

Kiimo 01-02-2014 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 10329095)
Now that Kluwe realizes he currently has no means to support his family and no income he'll sue the NFL for concussions/hating gays/hostile work environment/making him feel sad, etc, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

Frankly it sounds like he'll be justified in doing so.

rabblerouser 01-02-2014 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 10329107)
Frankly it sounds like he'll be justified in doing so.

again, the Vikings received similar production for half the cost.

Kluwe has no case against the Vikings.

However, it seems like he's been blacklisted from the league, so...

mcaj22 01-02-2014 06:21 PM

the difference is PR doesn't suck at what he does, his job, he's very good at being an entertainer on television.

Kluwe, actually isn't a good punter.

It's like if Jason Collins wrote to deadspin saying the New Jersey Nets wont sign him because Jason Kidd is a bigot. No, they probably won't because you are not a good player.

Sofa King 01-02-2014 06:27 PM

I don't think nearly enough people actually thought about what he said.... They're just here for the bashing.

Bewbies 01-02-2014 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 10329077)
So I take it you didn't read the article?

Quote:

If there's one thing I hope to achieve from sharing this story, it's to make sure that Mike Priefer never holds a coaching position again in the NFL, and ideally never coaches at any level. (According to the Pioneer Press, he is "the only in-house candidate with a chance" at the head-coaching job.) It's inexcusable that someone would use his status as a teacher and a role model to proselytize on behalf of his own doctrine of intolerance, and I hope he never gets another opportunity to pass his example along to anyone else.
No, I didn't see this paragraph either.

LoneWolf 01-02-2014 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 10329117)
the difference is PR doesn't suck at what he does, his job, he's very good at being an entertainer on television.

Kluwe, actually isn't a good punter.

It's like if Jason Collins wrote to deadspin saying the New Jersey Nets wont sign him because Jason Kidd is a bigot. No, they probably won't because you are not a good player.

He was good enough to hold a job as a punter in the NFL for eight seasons. You don't do that if you suck at punting.

Gravedigger 01-02-2014 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefer (Post 10329047)

Yeah and that's bullshit. It doesn't matter if it was on the last day of the season or the Monday after.

Carlota69 01-02-2014 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 10329018)

Well, according to his story, there were people within the organization that wanted to destroy his life, putting him out of work, because they disagreed with him.

patteeu 01-02-2014 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 10329073)
I just find it amazing that the people who defend Phil Robinson when he speaks his mind attack Kluwe for speaking his mind.

What about the reverse? Are you at least equally amazed by Phil Robertson's critics who defend Kluwe?

Phil Robinson wasn't repeatedly asked to stop making public comments by his employer. In fact, the product A&E purports to sell is the Phil Robinson reality. By contrast, the Vikings are only interested in Kluwe's ability to kick the ball.

Bewbies 01-02-2014 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 10329149)
He was good enough to hold a job as a punter in the NFL for eight seasons. You don't do that if you suck at punting.

If you look at all the dui's, domestic assaults, rapists, and even killing of people done by people who are signed by NFL teams after said crimes a guy speaking out on a political issue wouldn't be watching this season if people thought he was better than what they had.

mcaj22 01-02-2014 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 10329149)

he fell off a cliff his last two years, they drafted a guy at 1/4 the price to do the same thing. It's a business. They did it the year before at kicker with Ryan Longwell and got Blair Walsh who made the Pro Bowl.

Gravedigger 01-02-2014 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 10329028)
Promoting hate always makes a difference in our society. A negative one.

There's always going to be racism, there's always going to be hatred, there's always going to be terrorism, and there's always going to be the Denver Broncos. You can try to change it, but people are who they are, stay away from the one's you don't agree with and your life will be better for it.

Bewbies 01-02-2014 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlota69 (Post 10329152)
Well, according to his story, there were people within the organization that wanted to destroy his life, putting him out of work, because they disagreed with him.

Seems fair since his numbers were so good...

mcaj22 01-02-2014 06:42 PM

in 2012 only Matt McBriar was shittier at punts inside 20.

enough said.

patteeu 01-02-2014 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 10329151)
Yeah and that's bullshit. It doesn't matter if it was on the last day of the season or the Monday after.

Nonsense. His timing rationale makes complete sense whether you agree with him or not. There may be unstated reasons for the timing as well, but I don't see any reason to dismiss that one and it certainly does make a difference in terms of the position it puts his former teammates in.

Gravedigger 01-02-2014 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 10329065)

PR expressed his views, and A&E expressed theirs, by suspending him. PR can still quit, A&E can still fire him. No rights are violated, and everyone is treated fairly under the law.

What Kluwe is alleging is harassment by an employer because of his opinions on a human rights issue. Whether its true or not, it IS a legal issue, because in America, discriminatory language by your employer is not allowed.

Again - this situation is completely different than Phil Robertson, who's rights were not violated.

They are different but the message is the same and there will always be similarities. When the media digs in and makes mountains out of molehills out of things like the Phil Robertson bullshit you open it up for bottom feeders to come along and take advantage of a similar type of topic and get their 15 minutes of fame out of it. Kluwe is one of those individuals, at least that's how he's always come across to me. I don't agree with Phil Robertson, but he's a good person with his own viewpoints, Kluwe is just a douchebag.

KChiefer 01-02-2014 06:51 PM

FTR, Kluwe didn't say anything about suing the NFL or the Vikings.

TribalElder 01-02-2014 06:52 PM

Gay punter just wanted to kick it

News at 11

cosmo20002 01-02-2014 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marco Polo (Post 10328989)
The Vikings organization and the NFL could be sued if any of this is true from the special teams coordinator.

I can't imagine the depths of lawsuits that would accrue if any leader in my organization said some of the things that the special teams coordinator said.

Not to turn this into a Duck Dynasty/religion conversation but you can have your opinion, you just can't say those vile things ("nuke it until it glows") while representing your organization.

http://deadspin.com/i-was-an-nfl-pla...208214#replies

Prison Bitch has a new favorite team.

Pants 01-02-2014 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 10329125)
I don't think nearly enough people actually thought about what he said.... They're just here for the bashing.

Thought about? They would actually have to read the whole thing first.

This thread is a good barometer for the dumbassess on this website. :D

Pants 01-02-2014 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 10329176)
They are different but the message is the same and there will always be similarities. When the media digs in and makes mountains out of molehills out of things like the Phil Robertson bullshit you open it up for bottom feeders to come along and take advantage of a similar type of topic and get their 15 minutes of fame out of it. Kluwe is one of those individuals, at least that's how he's always come across to me. I don't agree with Phil Robertson, but he's a good person with his own viewpoints, Kluwe is just a douchebag.

You would be right, except you didn't read the article, are completely ignorant to Kluwe's history and not very smart.

Not a good combination, my dude.

Just Passin' By 01-02-2014 07:03 PM

Quote:

Minnesota Vikings special teams coordinator MIKE PRIEFER just emailed me this statement regarding former Vikings punter CHRIS KLUWE'S attack today:

"I vehemently deny today’s allegations made by Chris Kluwe.

I want to be clear that I do not tolerate discrimination of any type and am respectful of all individuals. I personally have gay family members who I love and support just as I do any family member.

The primary reason I entered coaching was to affect people in a positive way. As a coach, I have always created an accepting environment for my players, including Chris, and have looked to support them both on and off the field.

The comments today have not only attacked my character and insulted my professionalism, but they have also impacted my family. While my career focus is to be a great professional football coach, my number one priority has always been to be a protective husband and father to my wife and children.
http://www.kfan.com/pages/psn_paulal...ticle=11941032

hometeam 01-02-2014 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 10329065)

Wrong.

Both employers have every right to reprimand the employees for outside of work related incidents.

Whether you are a bigot or an anti-bigot, your employer can fire your ass for ANYTHING not protected under federal law/state law or contractually. (Contract/union etc) Talking shit about ANYTHING in the media, is not a protected status by the feds.

So yea, it might have been a dick move, but it is EXACTLY the same as Phil Robertson.

Gravedigger 01-02-2014 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 10329208)
You would be right, except you didn't read the article, are completely ignorant to Kluwe's history and not very smart.

Not a good combination, my dude.

I am right, I did read the article twice, I know Kluwe's history about as well as most, and I don't see how my comments above proved otherwise. I guess I could've provided links but other than that.... guess agree to disagree. Calling a guy an attention whore hardly seems like the worst thing in the world, but if it offended you then I don't know what to tell you.

Pants 01-02-2014 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 10329218)
I am right, I did read the article twice, I know Kluwe's history about as well as most, and I don't see how my comments above proved otherwise. I guess I could've provided links but other than that.... guess agree to disagree. Calling a guy an attention whore hardly seems like the worst thing in the world, but if it offended you then I don't know what to tell you.

Be honest, you didn't just call him an attention whore.

Your whole mindset is just so painful to me. People with mindsets like yours stifle progress, in my opinion.

But yeah, I was just mainly pointing out that your argument might not be the strongest due to the fact that Kluwe was speaking out about these issues long before the Duck Dynasty dude said whatever it was he said.

Maybe I'm just overreacting.

Just Passin' By 01-02-2014 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 10329229)

Your whole mindset is just so painful to me. People with mindsets like yours stifle progress, in my opinion.

But yeah, I was just mainly pointing out that your argument might not be the strongest due to the fact that Kluwe was speaking out about these issues long before the Duck Dynasty dude said whatever it was he said.

Your notion of progress is someone else's notion of decline. Welcome to the world. :thumb:

Marcellus 01-02-2014 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 10329144)
No, I didn't see this paragraph either.

Or this one?

Quote:

Near the end of November, several teammates and I were walking into a specialist meeting with Coach Priefer. We were laughing over one of the recent articles I had written supporting same-sex marriage rights, and one of my teammates made a joking remark about me leading the Pride parade. As we sat down in our chairs, Mike Priefer, in one of the meanest voices I can ever recall hearing, said: "We should round up all the gays, send them to an island, and then nuke it until it glows." The room grew intensely quiet, and none of the players said a word for the rest of the meeting. The atmosphere was decidedly tense. I had never had an interaction that hostile with any of my teammates on this issue—some didn't agree with me, but our conversations were always civil and respectful. Afterward, several told me that what Mike Priefer had said was "messed up."
I would say that goes farther than having a different opinion on same sex marriage.

Pants 01-02-2014 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 10329239)
Your notion of progress is someone else's notion of decline. Welcome to the world. :thumb:

Sorry, I was talking about this:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger
There's always going to be racism, there's always going to be hatred, there's always going to be terrorism, and there's always going to be the Denver Broncos. You can try to change it, but people are who they are, stay away from the one's you don't agree with and your life will be better for it.

Gravedigger 01-02-2014 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 10329229)

And Kluwe has constantly put himself out there. This wasn't a leaked email, this was an open letter, placed out there by him. Accusing an organization of deliberately getting rid of him based on his views of same sex equality. He accuses the ST coach of saying some pretty terrible things, not saying he's lying, but in the end he's saying that Spielman AND Frazier were cowards and that they said if the SPECIAL TEAMS COACH, I highlighted it to show the insignificance of the ST coaches opinion about the views of the Punter, believed that he shouldn't be on the team because of said views, then they were fine with that. It's all a little too far fetched in my personal opinion.

Kluwe has no proof, it's one guys story, and I don't trust his story. If I had to put my thumb down on his Character, I'd say he's that guy who has burned some bridges in his time with the Vikings in more ways than one. Maybe he was a problem in the locker room, constantly caused problems by being so outspoken and accusing people of being something that they aren't. He's already shown that he's that guy that your word is never safe around him. If you say that you hate gays, and you think you're around the fellas and they know the way things go, well that's not the case. Call out the Special Teams coach, that's fine, but to outright call the Coach and GM cowards? None too smart, good luck getting a job in the future Chris Kluwe.

Sorter 01-02-2014 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 10329245)
Or this one?

I would say that goes farther than having a different opinion on same sex marriage.

Maybe he just has poor delivery for jokes?

LMAO

stevieray 01-02-2014 07:34 PM

....hope he saved his money.

Gravedigger 01-02-2014 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 10329256)

LMAO

I could just see him standing there in front of them waiting for a reaction then awkwardly having to get back to drawing on the dry erase board. LMAO

Just Passin' By 01-02-2014 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 10329256)

LMAO

LMAO

This

"I'm offended that he said something similar to what I've written about a thousand times!"/CP poster

Chiefnj2 01-02-2014 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 10329252)

Kluwe has no proof, it's one guys story, and I don't trust his story. .

You didn't read the story did you?

Pants 01-02-2014 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 10329259)
I could just see him standing there in front of them waiting for a reaction then awkwardly having to get back to drawing on the dry erase board. LMAO

That actually is a hilarious scenario. LMAO

Sorter 01-02-2014 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 10329259)

ROFL

Dave Lane 01-02-2014 08:03 PM

I love Chris, he would be a awesome announcer I hope he gets that chance.

splatbass 01-02-2014 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlota69 (Post 10329152)

And there are plenty here in this thread that want the same thing. These people suck.

splatbass 01-02-2014 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 10329153)
What about the reverse? Are you at least equally amazed by Phil Robertson's critics who defend Kluwe?

Everyone has the right to say whatever they want. But some here love defending bigots, racists, and homophobes, while attacking people who stand up against that hate. They will have their own reward for their hatred. In the end the only one hurt by hate is the hater.

splatbass 01-02-2014 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 10329160)

You might want to take your own advice. You are the one attacking someone for disagreeing with you not me.

Sully 01-02-2014 08:09 PM

What I've learned...
Guy who is on a REALITY SHOW; god guy. Simply speaking his mind.

Guy who writes a BLOG; Attention whoring douchebag!!!

Mr. Flopnuts 01-02-2014 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 10329073)
I just find it amazing that the people who defend Phil Robertson when he speaks his mind attack Kluwe for speaking his mind.

Kluwe's mind doesn't meat (see what I did there) their agenda. Right?

I haven't read this thread. I have one question. Are the homophobes (all in the name of solid Christian thinking of course) making their positions clear?

NinerDoug 01-02-2014 08:13 PM

Fired by two cowards and a bigfoot?

rabblerouser 01-02-2014 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 10329334)
Everyone has the right to say whatever they want. But some here love defending bigots, racists, and homophobes, while attacking people who stand up against that hate. They will have their own reward for their hatred. In the end the only one hurt by hate is the hater.

oh, quit ****ing whining.

DenverChief 01-02-2014 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 10329216)
Wrong.

Both employers have every right to reprimand the employees for outside of work related incidents.

Whether you are a bigot or an anti-bigot, your employer can fire your ass for ANYTHING not protected under federal law/state law or contractually. (Contract/union etc) Talking shit about ANYTHING in the media, is not a protected status by the feds.

So yea, it might have been a dick move, but it is EXACTLY the same as Phil Robertson.

Depends on if you are in a right to work state or not

Mr. Flopnuts 01-02-2014 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sully (Post 10329343)
What I've learned...
Guy who is on a REALITY SHOW; god guy. Simply speaking his mind.

Guy who writes a BLOG; Attention whoring douchebag!!!

This is coming from a Christian. The rest of you should be taking notes. Way to be a good example, Sully. I know you're not looking for this from me, but I can't help it.

Just Passin' By 01-02-2014 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 10329334)

Yours is the kind of post that really needs to be pointed out for what it is, which is a steaming pile of hypocritical bullshit.

Sully 01-02-2014 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 10329366)
This is coming from a Christian. The rest of you should be taking notes. Way to be a good example, Sully. I know you're not looking for this from me, but I can't help it.

I appreciate it. But let's face it, the people who you are talking to don't view me as a "real" Christian, anyway, so it probably falls on deaf ears. I just thought that was a funny parallel.

Hope you had a great holidays.

Dante84 01-02-2014 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 10329176)

A good person who advocates men marrying underage girls?

No, no I don't think he is a good person.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 01-02-2014 08:23 PM

I'm waiting for a kicker/punter head coach one day. It would be interesting

Mr. Flopnuts 01-02-2014 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 10329373)
Yours is the kind of post that really needs to be pointed out for what it is, which is a steaming pile of hypocritical bullshit.

How so?

Dante84 01-02-2014 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 10329216)
Wrong.

No sir, you misunderstand.

It is illegal to tell a subordinate to quit supporting "bundle of stickss" and to tell him that he is going to hell for not accepting Jesus and the bible as the "one truth." Again, allegations, but a legal issue if true.

It's different than the Phil Robertson issue.