ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Poop Things that annoy you about the general public (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=282886)

Eleazar 04-09-2014 09:48 AM

Things that annoy you about the general public

I will start.

How about people who argue with a base level employee about a policy? The receptionist didn't make the policy. She can't let you in without an appointment. She isn't going to risk her job just because you're an idiot and can't follow the policy like everyone else, or because you think you're special and policies don't apply to you. Becoming irate is not going to increase your chances, either.

loochy 04-09-2014 09:49 AM

How about pregnant women that think they are the center of the world and act like they are special because they are pregnant.

GUESS WHAT?!?! ALMOST EVERY OTHER WOMAN ON THE PLANET CAN GET PREGNANT TOO! YOU ARE NOT SPECIAL.

Sfeihc 04-09-2014 09:49 AM

When people push a cart all over a store and then can't walk the cart back to the store or to a corral after they load their car. Lazy bastards.

Fairplay 04-09-2014 09:50 AM

farting on elevators annoy me especially when they aren't mine.

tooge 04-09-2014 09:51 AM

Hmmm? Let me think.... I'd have to say pretty much everything. I think people are morons for the most part. I get a kick out of sitting at a restaurant or in line at the grocery store, watching the morons in action.

CaliforniaChief 04-09-2014 09:51 AM

People who have their heads buried in their smart phone and are constantly texting/Facebooking. Pull your head up and look around every once in awhile.

Prison Bitch 04-09-2014 09:51 AM

Well, one thing I've experienced twice already this week: people smoking in other cars and it reaches me. I don't smoke but I don't care if people do smoke. However, with windows open this time of year, I've already pulled up twice to folks smoking and it got into my car. F----ing annoying. Why do they need to smoke and drive? Just smoke when you get there honey.

seclark 04-09-2014 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairplay (Post 10550547)
farting on elevators annoy me especially when they aren't mine.

sorry
sec

Mr. Plow 04-09-2014 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sfeihc (Post 10550546)
When people push a cart all over a store and then can't walk the cart back to the store or to a corral after they load their car. Lazy bastards.

God I hate those people.

Fairplay 04-09-2014 09:52 AM

Watching families in restaurants sitting there texting and not talking to each other makes me feel sad.

AndChiefs 04-09-2014 09:52 AM

I know we could probably have a whole thread on driving (and maybe we do somewhere) but here in Texas we have frontage roads that allow people to jump on the interstate quickly. The thing is, many of them utilize this to skip lights on the frontage road and then get off at the next exit.

Not only does it back up traffic but a lot of them don't even accelerate past the frontage road speed limit. You're on the interstate. Press your accelerator and stop slowing traffic for the rest of us.

BeMyValentine 04-09-2014 09:52 AM

People like BCD that think it is OK to drive the speed limit in the passing lane.

mr. tegu 04-09-2014 09:52 AM

People that litter.

seclark 04-09-2014 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10550550)
Well, one thing I've experienced twice already this week: people smoking in other cars and it reaches me. I don't smoke but I don't care if people do smoke. However, with windows open this time of year, I've already pulled up twice to folks smoking and it got into my car. F----ing annoying. Why do they need to smoke and drive? Just smoke when you get there honey.

adding to the bitch post:
dickheads that toss their cig butts out the car window.
sec

ToxSocks 04-09-2014 09:53 AM

Parents who don't control their kids and even sometimes encourage their shitty behavior.

When i was a Teacher's assistant i had to routinely speak to the parents when ever their kids did something stupid. It was appalling the way some of their parents would react.

SAUTO 04-09-2014 09:53 AM

I hate that it seems like everyone wants SOMETHING, but wants to give nothing to get it...

Mr. Plow 04-09-2014 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairplay (Post 10550556)
Watching families in restaurants sitting there texting and not talking to each other makes me feel sad.

We got bad for a little bit. Me, my wife & my oldest with phones out. My three little ones - not really little anymore I guess - with gameboys, etc out. I came back from the bathroom one time seeing everyone looking down instead of chatting......now the rule is no games at the table & phones in your pockets.

mr. tegu 04-09-2014 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndChiefs (Post 10550558)
I know we could probably have a whole thread on driving (and maybe we do somewhere) but here in Texas we have frontage roads that allow people to jump on the interstate quickly. The thing is, many of them utilize this to skip lights on the frontage road and then get off at the next exit.

Not only does it back up traffic but a lot of them don't even accelerate past the frontage road speed limit. You're on the interstate. Press your accelerator and stop slowing traffic for the rest of us.

This reminds me of another good one. People that speed up to the very end of a merging lane instead while passing 50 other cars instead of getting over in the back. If people would just get over in a reasonable spot, the area would not back up and move slow.

NinerDoug 04-09-2014 09:55 AM

People who run red lights (late through the intersection) when you are waiting to make a left turn the opposite direction.

petegz28 04-09-2014 09:56 AM

People who get on their cell phone the second their car is out of the garage.

NinerDoug 04-09-2014 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndChiefs (Post 10550558)

People who drive slow in the carpool lane.

mr. tegu 04-09-2014 09:56 AM

People who spit on the concrete.

Dayze 04-09-2014 09:56 AM

when you hold the door open for someone, and they just walk right past.
I ALWAYS blurt out "Oh, you're welcome".

wtf. especially the women on cell phones who do it.

RockChalk 04-09-2014 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10550550)

Because I need that soothing feeling in my lungs, man.

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2...CharManbio.png

NinerDoug 04-09-2014 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 10550565)
We got bad for a little bit. Me, my wife & my oldest with phones out. My three little ones - not really little anymore I guess - with gameboys, etc out. I came back from the bathroom one time seeing everyone looking down instead of chatting......now the rule is no games at the table & phones in your pockets.

Going to have to implement a rule like that with the Ipads.

The Franchise 04-09-2014 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 10550563)
Parents who don't control their kids and even sometimes encourage their shitty behavior.

When i was a Teacher's assistant i had to routinely speak to the parents when ever their kids did something stupid. It was appalling the way some of their parents would react.

This bugs me even more now that I'm a Dad. If you can't control your kids or discipline them....then get them the **** out of the store.

mr. tegu 04-09-2014 09:59 AM

People who have no concept that there are other people around. This is pretty vague but an example I can think of would be a few people who walk slowly, side by side, spread out far enough to not let you get by, but too close for you to go between them without bumping them.

NinerDoug 04-09-2014 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 10550568)
This reminds me of another good one. People that speed up to the very end of a merging lane instead while passing 50 other cars instead of getting over in the back. If people would just get over in a reasonable spot, the area would not back up and move slow.

I hate that. Everyone does it in SoCal. I was in PA and NJ once, and noticed that no one was doing it.

Chief Pote 04-09-2014 10:01 AM

How about tipping? Everybody gets ****ing tip for doing their job and it's the easy work that require a tip. Great, I brought you your food...probably ****ed up the order, great I got you something to drink to wash down that dry ass steak. Oh joy I brought your bags to your room in the hotel.

How about this? There you go sir I put your fire out in your house after your left the kerosine heater running all night...how about a tip? Okay how about this, there you go sir I arrested that the bad guy after he broke into your house at gun point...where's my tip?

The easy work requires a tip, go figure.

Radar Chief 04-09-2014 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 10550560)
People that litter.

Which is exactly why we can't have nice things.

mr. tegu 04-09-2014 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 10550594)
Which is exactly why we can't have nice things.

I get so infuriated when I go out fishing, in basically the middle of nowhere, and I still find trash on the bank. Just unreal. How about a little appreciate for nature?! :mad:

Prison Bitch 04-09-2014 10:03 AM

People who go to the 20-items-or-less express checkout at WalMart with about 25 things because they have to buy a pack of cigarettes in that line.

DMAC 04-09-2014 10:04 AM

That we all just take it up the rear when there are alternatives to better living, but no one cares.

KCUnited 04-09-2014 10:05 AM

The cup of yogurt scraper. Seriously, it's gone, you ate it all. Scraping the bottom and sides like a maniac to get one last little taste just tells everybody that you're hating life on this diet you're inevitably going to fail at.

The Franchise 04-09-2014 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10550598)
People who go to the 20-items-or-less express checkout at WalMart with about 25 things because they have to buy a pack of cigarettes in that line.

People who go to self checkout but have no clue how to ****ing use it.

"It keeps saying unexpected item in baggage area! WHAT DO I DO!?!?!?!?"

Direckshun 04-09-2014 10:06 AM

I would say entitlement.

Entitlement from anybody is very frustrating.

NinerDoug 04-09-2014 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefButthurt (Post 10550592)
How about tipping? Everybody gets ****ing tip for doing their job and it's the easy work that require a tip. Great, I brought you your food...probably ****ed up the order, great I got you something to drink to wash down that dry ass steak. Oh joy I brought your bags to your room in the hotel.

How about this? There you go sir I put your fire out in your house after your left the kerosine heater running all night...how about a tip? Okay how about this, there you go sir I arrested that the bad guy after he broke into your house at gun point...where's my tip?

The easy work requires a tip, go figure.

Hmmm. The bellman? I would agree. But what most servers do doesn't look particularly easy to me.

keg in kc 04-09-2014 10:06 AM

Everything.

Pennywise 04-09-2014 10:09 AM

People that talk loud. It's like holy ****ing shit, I'm right next to you.

People that fake laugh when talking to you.

NinerDoug 04-09-2014 10:09 AM

Raiders fans at sports bars. They all appear to be clueless about how shitty their team is.

NinerDoug 04-09-2014 10:11 AM

People who love to complain about anything and everything.

(Present company excepted, of course.)

Bugeater 04-09-2014 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 10550588)
People who have no concept that there are other people around. This is pretty vague but an example I can think of would be a few people who walk slowly, side by side, spread out far enough to not let you get by, but too close for you to go between them without bumping them.

Somewhat related to this, women who see someone they know and have an impromptu henpeck right on the spot.

Years ago I was leaving a program at my son's high school and a group of 6 or 7 women decided to have a little tea circle right in front of one of the two sets of double doors leading from the auditorium to the lobby, completely oblivious to the hundreds of people that were forced to work their way around them to GTFO out of the place. And for some reason I was the only person who had the sack to say something to them about it as I went by, which is equally annoying.

I see similar shit in store aisles, near entrances/exits to businesses and on the sidewalks and trails. I always feel like an elbow to the ribs is in order but if I did that I'd be the bad guy for some reason.

KCUnited 04-09-2014 10:20 AM

People who set their uncovered recycling bins by the curb the night before pick up with winds blowing 25 mph. Great job recycling all that plastic that's blowing through everyone's yard.

Bugeater 04-09-2014 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 10550629)
People who set their uncovered recycling bins by the curb the night before pick up with winds blowing 25 mph. Great job recycling all that plastic that's blowing through everyone's yard.

What are they supposed to cover them with? They don't come with lids. Or at least ours don't.

ping2000 04-09-2014 10:22 AM

People who back into parking spaces. Are you looking to rob the place and make a quick getaway? Especially bad when idiots back into angled spaces and drive out the wrong way. Don't know why, but this brings out my old man anger.

The Franchise 04-09-2014 10:24 AM

People who back up parking lots because they have to wait 5 minutes for that spot that is close to the store. Park far away and walk your fat ass the extra 100 feet to the store.

Bugeater 04-09-2014 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ping2000 (Post 10550634)
People who back into parking spaces. Are you looking to rob the place and make a quick getaway? Especially bad when idiots back into angled spaces and drive out the wrong way. Don't know why, but this brings out my old man anger.

It's safer to back into parking spaces. I believe we had this discussion here recently.

ToxSocks 04-09-2014 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10550587)
This bugs me even more now that I'm a Dad. If you can't control your kids or discipline them....then get them the **** out of the store.

I was in 7-11 two days ago and ran into something like this. Little kid, musta been around 4-5 years old, just running around SCREAMING, smashing the bags of chips, slapping the coffee counter, running around all over the place, making a shit ton of noise.

The dad just watched him run around like a little hellion, smiling like a proud father.

No one said anything.....it seemed like people thought he might've been a special needs child? It was hard to say, he seemed like a normal kid....it's hard to tell sometimes though.

mlyonsd 04-09-2014 10:26 AM

People that text while driving.

The Franchise 04-09-2014 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 10550640)
I was in 7-11 two days ago and ran into something like this. Little kid, musta been around 4-5 years old, just running around SCREAMING, smashing the bags of chips, slapping the coffee counter, running around all over the place, making a shit ton of noise.

The dad just watched him run around like a little hellion, smiling like a proud father.

No one said anything.....it seemed like people thought he might've been a special needs child? It was hard to say, he seemed like a normal kid....it's hard to tell sometimes though.

When I was a kid....my brother and I used to get the same lecture before we went anywhere with my Dad.

"You two are to stick by me the entire time. You are not to run off or stay behind to look at something. And so help me God...if you throw a fit in the store....just remember this. I will not yell at you or hit you in the store. We will leave without buying something and I will take you home where there is no one around to watch me discipline you."

We didn't **** around in stores.

Dayze 04-09-2014 10:27 AM

the old man at a local shitty gas station right near my hose that I go to to buy beer and chew ALL the time. Then on random occasions asks for my ID.

Dude..wtf. I practically live here. your memory sucks. this is also the same guy who, on a Sunday, wouldn't sell me beer at 8:01 (can't buy beer after 8pm on Sundays in KS....because it's reeruned) - despite my being in line behind somone who was playing the lotto at the counter/register for 5 ****ing minutes.

...that's another - people who play the ****ing lotto at the register with 12 people in line behind them.

ct 04-09-2014 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10550598)

and the corollary to this one...

Walmart
/thread

BigCatDaddy 04-09-2014 10:35 AM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/0JR6xt9S02o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Molitoth 04-09-2014 10:38 AM

Slow Drivers in the passing lane.

temper11 04-09-2014 10:40 AM

people who block an isle in a parking lot for 10 minutes because they are waiting for a closer parking space.

ct 04-09-2014 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10550643)
When I was a kid....my brother and I used to get the same lecture before we went anywhere with my Dad.

"You two are to stick by me the entire time. You are not to run off or stay behind to look at something. And so help me God...if you throw a fit in the store....just remember this. I will not yell at you or hit you in the store. We will leave without buying something and I will take you home where there is no one around to watch me discipline you."

We didn't **** around in stores.

+1 for your Dad
+1 for your Dad for your brother too

+1 for you that you learned this lesson and teach to each of your own kids
+1 for previous for each of your kids

+1 for your brother, for each of his kids

+1 for previous for your Dad, for each of his grandkids (from you and your brother)

THIS is how society grows stronger and smarter, not dumber and dumber

REP
and if I could pos REP your Dad, I would every day I log on here!

temper11 04-09-2014 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10550637)
People who back up parking lots because they have to wait 5 minutes for that spot that is close to the store. Park far away and walk your fat ass the extra 100 feet to the store.

sorry... I didn't see this was already said.

texaschiefsfan 04-09-2014 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlyonsd (Post 10550642)
People that text while driving.

Did you crash after sending that?

texaschiefsfan 04-09-2014 10:49 AM

I see this a lot on my route. People who go from store to store buying lottery tickets. I'll see these jackasses at one store holding everyone up and then when I'm glad to be out of there I'll see them again right down the road doing the same shit. These people tend to be at least 70 years old. At least they'll probably be dead soon.

TLO 04-09-2014 11:30 AM

Fat people that drive rascals in Walmart.

Walmart.

Walmart.

Walmart.

People who drive slow in the passing lane.

People who cross the street so slowly.

Fish 04-09-2014 11:35 AM

Too many to list....

Frosty 04-09-2014 11:52 AM

People that plug up the aisles at Costco because they won't move away to eat their free samples.

Costco is almost worse that Walmart for inconsiderate assholes.

loochy 04-09-2014 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 10550808)
People that plug up the aisles at Costco because they won't move away to eat their free samples.

Costco is almost worse that Walmart for inconsiderate assholes.

Yes! Also, the people that travel backward from the main flow of the store cause problems.

Predarat 04-09-2014 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 10550625)
Somewhat related to this, women who see someone they know and have an impromptu henpeck right on the spot.

Years ago I was leaving a program at my son's high school and a group of 6 or 7 women decided to have a little tea circle right in front of one of the two sets of double doors leading from the auditorium to the lobby, completely oblivious to the hundreds of people that were forced to work their way around them to GTFO out of the place. And for some reason I was the only person who had the sack to say something to them about it as I went by, which is equally annoying.

I see similar shit in store aisles, near entrances/exits to businesses and on the sidewalks and trails. I always feel like an elbow to the ribs is in order but if I did that I'd be the bad guy for some reason.

This this and more this, some shitheads seem to love congregating around high traffic areas and hold everything up. Especial when there is a much better place for their "Stop and talk" in sight.

BlackHelicopters 04-09-2014 12:06 PM

Spitting

ptlyon 04-09-2014 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop (Post 10550851)
Spitting

I'm hoping you're referring to women, right?

frankotank 04-09-2014 12:07 PM

people who are too lazy to read thru an entire thread to see if what they are about to post is Q.

and....

people in a parking lot who walk right down the middle of the lane instead of getting the **** over to the side so cars can get by.

(was that Q?)

A Salt Weapon 04-09-2014 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sfeihc (Post 10550546)

Haha I'm guilty of this, I consider it job security for the min wage employee that has to go round em all up.

AndChiefs 04-09-2014 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Salt Weapon (Post 10550857)
Haha I'm guilty of this, I consider it job security for the min wage employee that has to go round em all up.

Either way they have to pick the carts up. You're being inconsiderate of them rather than helping them.

Frosty 04-09-2014 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndChiefs (Post 10550863)
Either way they have to pick the carts up. You're being inconsiderate of them rather than helping them.

Not to mention it allows the cart to roll into other cars.

The Franchise 04-09-2014 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Salt Weapon (Post 10550857)

If you're lazy because of "job security"....you're a douchebag.

ptlyon 04-09-2014 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10550881)

ROFL

BigMeatballDave 04-09-2014 12:25 PM

Drivers who cannot negotiate a ****ing on-ramp.

vailpass 04-09-2014 12:26 PM

The **** stick at the drive up ATM that enacts multiple transactions and makes you sit for 10 minutes. WTF are you doing, taking out a mortgage?

vailpass 04-09-2014 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCD (Post 10550917)
Drivers who cannot negotiate a ****ing on-ramp.

You mean the people who do 35 and never learned to merge at full speed?

Eleazar 04-09-2014 12:28 PM

People who are obsessed with pretending to be wealthy when they obviously are not. Nothing says affluence like expensive rims on a garbage car, or a designer handbag at the bus stop.

rockymtnchief 04-09-2014 12:28 PM

The woman (it's always a woman) that bullshits with the check out clerk. Then when she gets her total for her purchase, says "OH...let me find my checkbook".

You could've had it out, signed and the store filled in. Just add the total after it's rung up. Instead, I have to watch you dig for it and completely fill it out....and continue to bullshit while you're filling it out.

A Salt Weapon 04-09-2014 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10550881)

It's not lazyness, I'll go out of my way to place it in it's unique location. There's times after I've emptied the cart I'll push it past 2 or 3 corrals just to find an appropriate location to ensure that the cart kid has plenty of work for the day.

ptlyon 04-09-2014 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockymtnchief (Post 10550930)
The woman (it's always a woman) that bullshits with the check out clerk. Then when she gets her total for her purchase, says "OH...let me find my checkbook".

You could've had it out, signed and the store filled in. Just add the total after it's rung up. Instead, I have to watch you dig for it and completely fill it out....and continue to bullshit while you're filling it out.

These people don't have jobs, and they annoy me

BigMeatballDave 04-09-2014 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 10550927)
You mean the people who do 35 and never learned to merge at full speed?

Yes. Ugh!