ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports 2014-2015 NBA regular season thread. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=284493)

Al Bundy 06-19-2014 05:47 PM

2014-2015 NBA off-season Lebron goes home thread.

I will update this when the schedule is announced in a couple of weeks, but I will open with the new uniforms for the Charlotte Hornets below.
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Introducing the brand new Charlotte <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23HornetsUnis&amp;src=hash">#HornetsUnis</a>! <a href="http://t.co/MgHy2DcOTX">http://t.co/MgHy2DcOTX</a> <a href="http://t.co/w59MlUvRgd">pic.twitter.com/w59MlUvRgd</a></p>&mdash; Charlotte Hornets (@hornets) <a href="https://twitter.com/hornets/statuses/479647398621626369">June 19, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

kcxiv 06-19-2014 06:16 PM

Been waiting for the other nba thread to finish! lol

Anyways, should be an interesting offseason. Alot of what ifs can happen.

saphojunkie 06-19-2014 06:25 PM

This draft is gonna get crazy. The Embiid injury throws a major monkey wrench into the top 10.

I'd love to see Sacramento trade McLemore and their 8th pick to Philly for the third. Something like:

Jason Thompson
Ben McLemore
8th pick

for

Jason Richardson's knee and expiring contract
3rd pick

SAC takes Dante Exum to be their PG

Philly gets to pair McLemore with MCW, and then grab Randle/McDermott/Stauskus/Young with the 8th and 10th picks.

KC_Connection 06-19-2014 06:29 PM

Raptors should trade DeRozan and the #20 to Philly for the #3 pick. Take Embiid and start the rebuild.

Pitt Gorilla 06-19-2014 06:31 PM

Someone should make Larry Bird explain why he traded the rights to Kawhi Leonard (and other assets) for George Hill. I know they already had Paul George, but teaming him with Leonard would have been sick.

TribalElder 06-19-2014 06:32 PM

NBA

Pitt Gorilla 06-19-2014 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 10703448)
This draft is gonna get crazy. The Embiid injury throws a major monkey wrench into the top 10.

I'd love to see Sacramento trade McLemore and their 8th pick to Philly for the third. Something like:

Jason Thompson
Ben McLemore
8th pick

for

3rd pick

Philly gets to pair McLemore with MCW, and then grab Randle/McDermott/Stauskus/Young with the 8th and 10th picks.

Little known fact: McDermott signed a letter of intent to play for UNI. The bastard backed out after his daddy took the Creighton job.

ChiefsCountry 06-19-2014 06:41 PM

For the Heat right now its 4 guys I want in the draft spot, unless somebody starts to fall.

Jordan Clarkson
Elfird Payton
Shabazz Napier
Mitch McGray

DaKCMan AP 06-19-2014 06:43 PM

Miami opens as the Vegas favorite to win the title in 2015.

Mav 06-19-2014 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 10703458)
Someone should make Larry Bird explain why he traded the rights to Kawhi Leonard (and other assets) for George Hill. I know they already had Paul George, but teaming him with Leonard would have been sick.

Because at the time they still had Danny Granger in his prime.

Mav 06-19-2014 06:56 PM

And as a Hornets/Pelicans fan, im ****ing stoked.

but, IF THE HORNETS DRAFT MCDERMOTT, im probably going to binge drink.

Pitt Gorilla 06-19-2014 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 10703493)
Because at the time they still had Danny Granger in his prime.

And? They could have dealt him and saved a significant amount of money and had insane talent going forward.

chiefzilla1501 06-19-2014 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 10703458)

Really? I thought Bird built one hell of a team.

And then somewhere, they decided to bring in guys like Evan Turner and Bynum who CLEARLY threw everything way off. They took a good thing and got too cute.

ChiefsCountry 06-19-2014 07:28 PM

Golden State looks to be the front runner for Kevin Love. Looking like they are adding Klay Thompson to the trade with David Lee and whatever else they need for salary purposes.

Titty Meat 06-19-2014 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 10703562)
Golden State looks to be the front runner for Kevin Love. Looking like they are adding Klay Thompson to the trade with David Lee and whatever else they need for salary purposes.

That game at Sprint Center is going to be good.

SAUTO 06-19-2014 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chocolate Hog (Post 10703572)
That game at Sprint Center is going to be good.

My wife asked if we could get tickets last night. My daughter loves basketball. I told her we should wait to see who's where first
Posted via Mobile Device

ChiefsCountry 06-19-2014 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 10703580)
My wife asked if we could get tickets last night. My daughter loves basketball. I told her we should wait to see who's where first
Posted via Mobile Device

I bought tickets to the one in 2010 in June to see Wade. By July, they added LeBron and Bosh and my second row tickets went sky high. Only people in front of me were the floor seats and it was mainly Chiefs players. Pretty cool night expect I didn't get to see Wade play. But saw LeBron and Durant and that was totally worth it.

Bowser 06-19-2014 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 10703478)

Vegas wasn't built on the general public being smart.

okcchief 06-19-2014 08:21 PM

Quote:

That's irrelevant right now. No one knows what anyone's going to look like next year with the exception of the Spurs.

The Bad Guy 06-19-2014 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 10703448)

Jason Thompson
Ben McLemore
8th pick

for

3rd pick

There's no way the 6ers do that.

-King- 06-19-2014 08:32 PM

There's no way that proposed trade for Kevin Love is going down. I refuse to believe Minnesota is THAT stupid. Yes they need to trade KLove, but they don't need to get raped in the process.

The Bad Guy 06-19-2014 08:34 PM

Quote:

Trade makes no sense to me if I'm a Wolves fan.

Lee's contract is miserable, and Thompson is going to be due a huge raise. The Wolves would just have the same issue with him that they have with Love in a years time.

Lee is going to give you 18/10 but the Wolves would get destroyed beyond belief with that defensive lineup on the floor.

Martin has a very reasonable 3 years at 21 million left on his deal.

If I'm the Wolves, I'm holding Love until the trade deadline.

The Bad Guy 06-19-2014 08:35 PM

I wouldn't be shocked if Embiid fell to the Lakers.

Just Passin' By 06-19-2014 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 10703668)

I would be, if the current order holds. I don't see any way that Ainge would let Embiid get by him.

The Bad Guy 06-19-2014 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 10703670)
I would be, if the current order holds. I don't see any way that Ainge would let Embiid get by him.

You're probably right.

ChiefsCountry 06-19-2014 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 10703668)

Knowing the Lakers luck that is probably true.

-King- 06-19-2014 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 10703665)
Trade makes no sense to me if I'm a Wolves fan.

Lee's contract is miserable, and Thompson is going to be due a huge raise. The Wolves would just have the same issue with him that they have with Love in a years time.

Lee is going to give you 18/10 but the Wolves would get destroyed beyond belief with that defensive lineup on the floor.

Martin has a very reasonable 3 years at 21 million left on his deal.

If I'm the Wolves, I'm holding Love until the trade deadline.

Yep.
Quote:

Klay’s father Mychal Thompson — the former No. 1 overall pick, the former member of the Showtime Lakers, and currently a Lakers broadcaster and sports talk radio host in L.A. — made it sound like the deal is very close, as reported by Monte Poole at CSNBayArea.com.

“My source knows what’s going on up there (in Oakland),” Thompson said Thursday morning on the air of ESPN LA 710. “And since this guy told me that this is really close to happening, it just kind of depressed me.”

It also depressed Klay. There had been talk about Love coming to the Bay Area but at first the Warriors were reticent to part with Thompson. That has changed.

“It’s disappointing, because Klay and I have been talking about this all summer and the possibility of this happening, as far as him and Kevin being together on the same team – along with Steph Curry,” Mychal Thompson said. “And he was really looking forward to that. He thought that if you added Love to the Splash Brothers, with (Andrew) Bogut and (Andre) Iguodala, they had a chance . . . to get to the West finals next year.

“If this happens, I’m going to have to talk him down off the ledge.”

Klay would not re-sign when he turns into a FA.

Al Bundy 06-19-2014 08:47 PM

I really like Thompson, but if that deal goes down.. I will be, uhhm yeah.

Titty Meat 06-19-2014 08:47 PM

So what moves do you guys think the Lakers make? I dont see them being a playoff team.

KC_Connection 06-19-2014 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 10703670)

I'd be surprised if he even got that far. Noel only fell to 6 himself after tearing his ACL and he isn't anywhere near the caliber of prospect.

RustShack 06-20-2014 12:11 AM

I was pulling for Embiid and then LeBron returning. Looks like Parker might be the pick now. Really hope we pull in Blatt though. He's been my choice for HC for a good month now.

RustShack 06-20-2014 12:12 AM

Nuggets and Warriors are playing a random game at Wells Fargo in Des Moines October.

chiefzilla1501 06-20-2014 01:37 AM

Crazy. Cavs will probably hire Blatt. Pretty excited about that. Granted, the Cavs aren't a team that can really take a risk/reward thing, but this is a pretty nice risk to take.

Mav 06-20-2014 06:38 AM

Quote:

I still think the denver offers is the best.

KC native 06-20-2014 08:03 AM

Quote:

LMAO Weren't they the favorites this year?

DaKCMan AP 06-20-2014 08:34 AM

Quote:

Riley, again, shows how a champion thinks

Perspective, vision, clarity, history — Riley sends a message to LeBron

Dave Hyde
Sun Sentinel Columnist
4:40 PM EDT, June 19, 2014
MIAMI

This was it. This was the moment. This was why Pat Riley is the legend he is.

"You want to trend something? I'm pissed," he first said in sitting down Thursday morning in AmericanAirlines Arena.

This is why the Heat are a championship organization and so many others wonder why they aren't.

"I think everybody needs to get a grip," he said. "Media. Heat players. Organization. All of our fans. We've got to get a grip. I've been here 45 years in the NBA. I've witnessed dynasties. I've witnessed great teams.
"The '80 Lakers — five championships in 12 years. So seven years, they didn't win. The Celtics were a great team for 12 years in the '80s. Three wins. Nine losses."

Jordan's Bulls? They lost for years. San Antonio, the team that just beat the Heat? They won five titles in 17 years.

"What's the math? They lost 12 times," he said.

Riley was at the crux of the sermon now, and it wasn't meant for you or me or anyone watching live on ESPN or NBA TV. It was meant for an audience of one — for LeBron James. Just him. Only him. And the question becomes how LeBron takes the challenge Riley threw.

"You've got to stay together if you've got the guts and you don't find the first door and run out of it," he said. "This is four years into this era for this team. Four [NBA] Finals. It's only been done three other times before. And two championships.

"From day one to the end, it was like a Broadway show. It ran out of steam. And we need to retool. We don't need to rebuild. We need to retool."

Give us the chance to retool, he was saying to LeBron. Trust us in the manner you did in 2010 when all LeBron and Chris Bosh had to bank on was trust.

"I'm not dropping championship rings on the table for those guys," he said, referring to the way he recruited LeBron then. "They can drop their own."
This was Riley at his best. Perspective? Vision? Clarity? Championship-proven leadership? All accompanied by the weight of history in a tent-revival delivery.

Oh, sure, there was smoke-and-mirrors fudging, such as when Riley tried to defend not re-signing Mike Miller last offseason or using the mid-level exception for a veteran. There's no real defending those except in Miller's case as a chance for owner Micky Arison to save some money. But in general?

"I've been a leader and a decision-maker," he said. "This has been a great run. It ended up like most losses. I know what it is to win. We watched it. The confetti drops. Everybody hugs each other, kisses each other.

"Men embrace. 'I love you, I love you.' They punch each other, 'Hey, bro, this is how it's going to be.' And it's true. This is what creates a forever bond. But what cements a forever bond is what we went through in a year like this and stay the course. Losing is just as much a part of it as winning is."

This is the voice few organizations ever have. He said coach Erik Spoelstra needs "to re-invent himself," which was harsh but true to keep players listening. He supported LeBron ["He knows I love him"], and Wade but he didn't publicly pander to the players the way most sports leaders do.

"One of the things that was a common thread [in exit interviews with the players] is they were mentally exhausted, mentally fatigued," he said. "I understand that. I don't accept it. I believe if you go to the Finals four years in a row, and you play more than anyone else, you've got to prepare for it.

"That's where you want to be, so you've got to prepare for it. If the players were saying this was a tough year, it was a grind every night — welcome to the NBA and world championships. They should all have a discussion with Bill Russell on winning eight straight championships."

No excuses, he said. Wouldn't you want that standard if a championship is your aim?

"What are you going to do to make the team better?" he said the players should be thinking, "because we have a long-term opportunity."

He came down from the throne. He changed the conversation about the Heat. He was strong and direct and once again set the bar for leadership of a championship organization beyond what most teams can deliver.

"I didn't come down here 19 years ago for a quick trip to South Beach and a suntan," he said. "I don't think these guys did, either."

Game 7 was scheduled for Friday night. Instead, we're hip-deep into such questions and disappointment that a historic, four-year run is sloughed off.
"Get a grip," Riley said.

He was asked if he told the players that.

"I'm telling them right now," he said.
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/m...,521859.column

#InRileyWeTrust

KC_Connection 06-20-2014 08:49 AM

Riley better hope he didn't alienate his meal ticket. I also hope he has a better plan to sell than just a declining Wade/Bosh again. Because if LeBron doesn't return, the Heat might as well rebuild.

'Hamas' Jenkins 06-20-2014 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10704021)
Riley better hope he didn't alienate his meal ticket. I also hope he has a better plan to sell than just a declining Wade/Bosh again. Because if LeBron doesn't return, the Heat might as well rebuild.

It was a desperation move; it's the only one he has, because he has no assets to play.

Regarding other potential moves:

1) I think the Embiid stuff is somewhat of an overblown smokescreen and he still goes #1 overall. If the Cavs draft Parker they have to sell the Notorious DNP for 10 cents on the dollar. It's not as bad if they draft Wiggins, but Waiters and Irving still dominate the ball too much for an effective scoring wing to maximize his abilities.

2) Whoever trades for Love won't be happy with him. Yes, he plays in the West, but he's not a winning player; he's a stat whore, and you'll only win a title if he's no higher than the third best player on the team.

KC native 06-20-2014 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 10704006)

#PopovichshitsonRiley

saphojunkie 06-20-2014 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chocolate Hog (Post 10703687)
So what moves do you guys think the Lakers make? I dont see them being a playoff team.

I see them sucking for another year, cutting ties with Kobe, and signing Lebron.

DaKCMan AP 06-20-2014 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 10704085)
#PopovichshitsonRiley

I know you're one of the Planet's "special" posters, but even you know 9 > 5.

KC native 06-20-2014 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 10704114)

LMAO

So not only are you a douche, but stupid as **** because you don't know that they've both won 5 championships.

Edit: LMAO @ you adding his championships he won as a player, assistant coach, and executive. Does your shallowness know no bounds?

SAUTO 06-20-2014 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 10704091)
I see them sucking for another year, cutting ties with Kobe, and signing Lebron.

if LeBron opts out this year he isn't gonna be available next year though...

KC native 06-20-2014 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 10704114)

I noticed you weren't around in the Playoffs thread also.

Did you watch your team get demolished or are you the typical Heat fan that quits on their team?

Al Bundy 06-20-2014 12:04 PM

My question about Love is his defense.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 06-20-2014 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 10704085)
#PopovichshitsonRiley

This

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 06-20-2014 12:08 PM

Cleveland with an interesting move

RustShack 06-20-2014 12:52 PM

So ****ing glad we got Blatt. He's won everywhere he's been, and usually with lesser talented teams beating teams that he shouldn't be. He's an icon in Europe and reguarded as a offensive genius. His teams play very unselfishly and play good defense too. Excited to see what he does with all the young talent in Cleveland, and the top pick in the best draft since '03.

RustShack 06-20-2014 12:54 PM

First guy to ever jump from Europe to NBA too. Golden State and the Timberwolves showed interest in him this year, and Boston did last year.

Al Bundy 06-20-2014 10:31 PM

Love not going to be a Warrior, Wolves want too much.

KC_Connection 06-21-2014 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10704032)
1) I think the Embiid stuff is somewhat of an overblown smokescreen and he still goes #1 overall. If the Cavs draft Parker they have to sell the Notorious DNP for 10 cents on the dollar. It's not as bad if they draft Wiggins, but Waiters and Irving still dominate the ball too much for an effective scoring wing to maximize his abilities.

Wouldn't surprise me. Based on potential alone, I'd still take Embiid over anybody. But I'm not the GM who has to take the injury risk with him. Either way, I can't see him dropping past 3 or 4.

Quote:

2) Whoever trades for Love won't be happy with him. Yes, he plays in the West, but he's not a winning player; he's a stat whore, and you'll only win a title if he's no higher than the third best player on the team.
Had an argument with my brother a while back about Love's viability on a potential contender. He believed the same as you about Love, but I suggested he could be a #2 for a winner as long as there is a strong defensive center playing with him that could cover up his defensive weaknesses.

chiefzilla1501 06-21-2014 02:22 AM

Quote:

It was a desperation move; it's the only one he has, because he has no assets to play.

With the hiring of Blatt, I think the pick has to be Wiggins. The guy plays outstanding defense and plays very unselfish basketball. At the very least, you have a guy who will unselfishly play within the system and that's a good thing to have when you have teammates who love to control the ball. I don't know how you can sell in Parker unless you want to go really safe.

KC_Connection 06-21-2014 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 10706093)
With the hiring of Blatt, I think the pick has to be Wiggins. The guy plays outstanding defense and plays very unselfish basketball. At the very least, you have a guy who will unselfishly play within the system and that's a good thing to have when you have teammates who love to control the ball. I don't know how you can sell in Parker unless you want to go really safe.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/LXt5JtlWnps" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This game told me all I needed to know about his potential to be a 2 way star in the NBA. So young and so many things left to improve upon (including his mentality), but if Cleveland doesn't want to take the Embiid risk, you'd think it would be him.

chiefzilla1501 06-21-2014 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10706102)
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/LXt5JtlWnps" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This game told me all I needed to know about his potential to be a 2 way star in the NBA. So young and so many things left to improve upon (including his mentality), but if Cleveland doesn't want to take the Embiid risk, you'd think it would be him.

I know it can't be Parker. Plays average defense and is a score first, sometimes poor shot selection player. Bad fit for Blatt's system where he wants great passers, unselfishly play, and guys who can defend.

Keep in mind that Blatt has some good system players who can play at Center. Varejao and Thompson and potentially they can also bring Hawes back, which is an ideal fit. They are hilariously light at Small Forward. So even with a healthy Embiid, Embiid is an obvious choice but Wiggins is such a nice fit that the pick would still be justified.

You really couldn't ask for a better situation for Wiggins. Coached by a great coach and put in a situation where not only does he not have to be "the guy," but his moving the ball around would actually be highly encouraged. That will give him time to develop, as a lot of his deficiencies can be coached.

okcchief 06-21-2014 07:22 AM

Quote:

I agree on Love.

okcchief 06-21-2014 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10706089)
Wouldn't surprise me. Based on potential alone, I'd still take Embiid over anybody. But I'm not the GM who has to take the injury risk with him. Either way, I can't see him dropping past 3 or 4.

Had an argument with my brother a while back about Love's viability on a potential contender. He believed the same as you about Love, but I suggested he could be a #2 for a winner as long as there is a strong defensive center playing with him that could cover up his defensive weaknesses.

I would agree on that as well. Houston would probably be the best spot for him, but I don't see them making a play.

KevB 06-21-2014 08:55 AM

If you were Cleveland, would you take #3 and Thad Young (very solid player) for #1? Then take Embiid at 3 and wait for him to fully heal? Tough decisions for the Cavs.

RustShack 06-21-2014 06:51 PM

Why is Wiggins being labeled as a SG? He isn't going to Cleveland if he's playing guard with Irving and Waiters already there. Embiid was going to be the pick if his back checked out 100%, so idk what's happening now with the foot. But they also do love Parker.

Al Bundy 06-21-2014 07:31 PM

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...9132&utm_tags=

GloucesterChief 06-21-2014 07:34 PM

For a C back and foot injuries are major concerns.

okcchief 06-21-2014 09:24 PM

Klay Thompson to the Lakers makes zero sense.

Chiefs Pantalones 06-22-2014 01:07 PM

Melo opts out, becomes free agent. Shocker.

Mav 06-22-2014 02:02 PM

If I were Minny, I would do whatever it took to get Kenneth Faried to Minnesota.

mcaj22 06-22-2014 02:20 PM

I dont find Love willing to sign an extension with a team with just Ty Lawson and Gallo coming off 2 years removed from ACL. Plus they would have to acquire Afflalo BACK just to sweeten the pot to Minny.

Bulls are also in the race for Afflalo to pair with the potential of attracting Melo in Chicago with Noah and a rehabbing Rose. Bulls have two draft picks to dangle at the Magic to make it happen.

KevB 06-22-2014 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 10708139)
If I were Minny, I would do whatever it took to get Kenneth Faried to Minnesota.

He's a nice player, but he can't be the centerpiece to getting Love. Hustle and defense guy, but little offensive skill.

BigCatDaddy 06-23-2014 03:25 PM

Timmy is back! I smell repeat.

KC_Connection 06-23-2014 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 10710574)
Timmy is back! I smell repeat.

He had no reason to pass up 10M+. Spurs should be the favorite again barring LeBron's decision.

RustShack 06-23-2014 04:36 PM

Cavaliers got Lue as associate coach! It was down to Blatt or Lue for our HC position, pretty awesome we were able to lock down both.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 06-23-2014 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 10710732)
Cavaliers got Lue as associate coach! It was down to Blatt or Lue for our HC position, pretty awesome we were able to lock down both.

Lue was actually considered for head coach and that doesn't concern you at all about the organization?

SAUTO 06-23-2014 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy lost the toss (Post 10710742)
Lue was actually considered for head coach and that doesn't concern you at all about the organization?

Lol no shit.

He was gonna possibly be hc now he's coming as asst c? Sounds like a cluster**** to me.
Posted via Mobile Device

RustShack 06-23-2014 04:51 PM

Quote:

What's wrong with that? Doc obviously thought he was a good coach if he brought him to LA from Boston. Hiring former players without any coaching experience has been common lately, at least Lue has some coaching experience.

BigCatDaddy 06-23-2014 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10710585)
He had no reason to pass up 10M+. Spurs should be the favorite again barring LeBron's decision.

No but I'm sure he could get more elsewhere. Solid team guy.

RustShack 06-23-2014 05:01 PM

"In five years as an assistant under Rivers with the Boston Celtics and Los Angeles Clippers, Lue has developed into one of the NBA's most well-regarded young head-coaching prospects, and the Cavaliers franchise believes he'll complement Blatt well."

"The 37-year-old Lue played guard for 11 seasons with seven NBA teams. He spent the past five years working on Doc Rivers' staff in Boston and Los Angeles and is regarded as one of the league's rising young coaches"

SAUTO 06-23-2014 05:04 PM

ROFL I'm sure the cavs would say that dude...
Posted via Mobile Device

chiefzilla1501 06-23-2014 05:05 PM

Quote:

Umm… no? Why should that even matter? Alvin Gentry is head coach material and he accepted the Warriors' assistant job.

Lue as a head coach… who knows, but he's respected enough to be on people's lists. Lue as an assistant is a proven commodity. Regardless of process, the Cavs just hired two very well respected coaches.

Ceej 06-23-2014 08:09 PM

Cavs should just draft all Cyclones players.

DYNASTY!!!

ChiefsCountry 06-23-2014 08:15 PM

Tyronn Lue another one of Norm's recruiting **** ups in the mid 90s.

RustShack 06-23-2014 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 10711343)

Phil Jackson thinks Lue is one of the smartest players and quickest learners he's ever coached.

Titty Meat 06-23-2014 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 10711343)

Former Husker

ChiefsCountry 06-23-2014 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chocolate Hog (Post 10711362)
Former Husker

Point exactly. The talent that Norm let out of the state of Missouri in the mid to late 90s was unreal.