ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News No Charges in Wal-Mart BB Gun Shooting (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=286844)

Skyy God 09-24-2014 01:38 PM

No Charges in Wal-Mart BB Gun Shooting

Watch the video. Dude's just shopping for pet food, swinging a BB gun, and minding his own business. Then, BAM.

Apparently the Dayton PD trains their officers to murder people.

http://www.whio.com/videos/news/walm...ptures/vCtB6Z/

Quote:

A special grand jury called to review evidence in the fatal shooting of John Crawford III, killed by police in an Ohio Walmart while carrying a BB gun from store's shelves, decided today that no officers involved in the shooting will be indicted.

Surveillance video from Crawford's shooting—previously unavailable to the public—shows Crawford walking around the store while talking on the phone, with the BB gun at his side or on his shoulder. The disturbing video then shows an officer rushing toward Crawford with his gun drawn before shooting him.

Though the special grand jury reportedly considered charging the officers with murder, reckless homicide, or negligent homicide, WHIO reports the jury ultimately decided not to indict the officers involved in the shooting, finding their actions were justified.

Vince Pope, attorney for the officers involved in the shooting, released a statement following the decision:

"I believe the grand jury's decision, it's absolutely the right decision, that the officers acted well within their training."

Derrick Foward, president of the Dayton Unit NAACP, also released a statement:

"The Special Grand Jury in Greene County made the wrong decision. It's a sad day in the history of Dayton."

Foward added the NAACP will call for a complete investigation by the U.S. Department of Justice.
http://gawker.com/no-indictments-aga...oot-1638642197

TimBone 09-24-2014 01:39 PM

Tonight, we riot.

Bufkin 09-24-2014 01:41 PM

"I believe the grand jury's decision, it's absolutely the right decision, that the officers acted well within their training."

He's not wrong. Police are trained to shoot black people on sight and that's what happened. Nothing to see here.

Dunit35 09-24-2014 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimBone (Post 10944641)
Tonight, we riot.

Already started. Just finished up a 100 ft drawing of a penis at the local YMCA park.

listopencil 09-24-2014 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bufkin (Post 10944644)

He's not wrong. Police are trained to shoot black people on sight and that's what happened. Nothing to see here.

Yeah, that is incredible. Oh look. I think that might possibly be a black guy with a gun. Kill him immediately.

Bowser 09-24-2014 01:43 PM

That looked like a cold blooded killing. The kid dropped the BB gun and THEN got shot. How in the hell are those actions "justified"?

siberian khatru 09-24-2014 01:44 PM

Abso-****ing-lutely ridiculous.

KC native 09-24-2014 01:44 PM

****ing awful.

Pitt Gorilla 09-24-2014 01:45 PM

Interesting. Are you allowed to shoot someone with a BB gun? What if it was a real gun and he was licensed to carry?

KC native 09-24-2014 01:45 PM

NB4 BLACK GUY WAS A THUG!

Skyy God 09-24-2014 01:47 PM

It's as if prosecutors doesn't really want to convict cops for questionable shoots....

Bowser 09-24-2014 01:48 PM

I can understand it if he was waving that BB gun at a cashier demanding money or he'd ****ing kill her. But this? What in the actual ****?

BlackHelicopters 09-24-2014 01:49 PM

This could only happen at Wal-Mart

ShowtimeSBMVP 09-24-2014 01:50 PM

First off why the **** are you walking around the store with a BB gun?

Skyy God 09-24-2014 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 10944669)

Why walk around Chipotle with an AR-15?

KC native 09-24-2014 01:51 PM

Quote:

Maybe because he was going to buy it.

stupid twitterbot is stupid.

Dartgod 09-24-2014 01:52 PM

Quote:

I'm curious about this myself. From the video this was in no way justified, but I would think a new BB gun would be in a box, no? Why was he carrying it around like that?

listopencil 09-24-2014 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cave Johnson (Post 10944661)
It's as if prosecutors doesn't really want to convict cops for questionable shoots....

As often as people joke about things like black people walking slowly in crosswalks, and other goofy things, you have to stop and think sometimes. If you believe that you that you exist as a part of a society which functions to serve your interests then you will take actions to support that society. If you believe that you exist in a society that is biased against your well being than you aren't going to actively support it. I think that the "White Privilege" agenda is taking it a bit too far and can actually increase ethnic division but how can you not see that services taken for granted by some people are nothing but a cruel joke for others?

KC native 09-24-2014 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 10944656)
Interesting. Are you allowed to shoot someone with a BB gun?

Apparently if the person holding the BB gun is black and in Ohio, the answer is yes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 10944656)
What if it was a real gun and he was licensed to carry?

As long as you're not black that's acceptable.

Radar Chief 09-24-2014 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 10944671)

Then why take it out of the package? Or is this Walmart different from every other one I’ve ever seen and has bb guns just sitting on shelves?

Dartgod 09-24-2014 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 10944671)

Shouldn't it have been in a box? Do they normally sell guns (BB or otherwise) like that?

ShowtimeSBMVP 09-24-2014 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 10944679)
Apparently if the person holding the BB gun is black and in Ohio, the answer is yes.

As long as you're not black that's acceptable.

You're really a reerun.

siberian khatru 09-24-2014 01:55 PM

Quote:

Though a 911 caller told a dispatcher that Crawford was "pointing" the gun at other shoppers and later said Crawford was "waving it around," the video does not appear to show either such movement. That caller, Ronald Ritchie, told reporters he was an "ex-Marine"—but was found to have been kicked out of the Corps after only seven weeks on a charge of "fraudulent enlistment."
http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slate...e_charged.html

BigRock 09-24-2014 01:55 PM

Isn't this the case where the 911 caller claimed (falsely) that the guy was loading a rifle and pointing it at kids and basically about to shoot the place up? Why has that guy not been charged?

ShowtimeSBMVP 09-24-2014 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 10944676)
I'm curious about this myself. From the video this was in no way justified, but I would think a new BB gun would be in a box, no? Why was he carrying it around like that?

That's what i was thinking.

Bowser 09-24-2014 01:55 PM

Good lord

listopencil 09-24-2014 01:55 PM

l bought two BB guns from Wal Mart last summer. Neither came in a box and most of the higher end BB guns didn't either. Maybe Wal Mart needs to rethink the packaging on those, I don't know.

ShowtimeSBMVP 09-24-2014 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRock (Post 10944689)
Isn't this the case where the 911 caller claimed (falsely) that the guy was loading a rifle and pointing it at kids and basically about to shoot the place up? Why has that guy not been charged?

Facts don't matter blame the cops. /Racist KC native

KCUnited 09-24-2014 01:56 PM

This whole thing doesn't equate.

Radar Chief 09-24-2014 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 10944682)
Shouldn't it have been in a box? Do they normally sell guns (BB or otherwise) like that?

Not that it justifies getting shot but that was my first thought.

KC native 09-24-2014 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 10944681)
Then why take it out of the package? Or is this Walmart different from every other one I’ve ever seen and has bb guns just sitting on shelves?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 10944682)

In the video, you can see him pick it up off the shelf. If he would have taken it out of the box then that would have been on the video.

Aside from that, I haven't paid too much attention to them as I usually walk right by them at Walmart but I vaguely recall the packaging being pretty minimal.

Bowser 09-24-2014 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 10944693)
l bought two BB guns from Wal Mart last summer. Neither came in a box and most of the higher end BB guns didn't either. Maybe Wal Mart needs to rethink the packaging on those, I don't know.

That, and cops shouldn't kill teenagers after they've already dropped the damned thing.

KC native 09-24-2014 01:57 PM

Quote:

And my vague recollections are correct.

Dartgod 09-24-2014 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 10944696)
Not that it justifies getting shot but that was my first thought.

Never said it did.

KC native 09-24-2014 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 10944690)
That's what i was thinking.

Well, it's a good thing you aren't paid to think because you are wrong.

Stick to rushing to CP to post tweets. It's the only thing that you are good at.

Pitt Gorilla 09-24-2014 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 10944694)

The cops should absolutely be blamed; there was no reason to kill him.

Dartgod 09-24-2014 02:00 PM

Quote:

Really? Seems odd to me.

KC native 09-24-2014 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 10944694)

Holy ****. You are dumber than I thought.

There is video evidence.

Please point out any facts that justify this shooting.

listopencil 09-24-2014 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 10944695)
This whole thing doesn't equate.

The whole thing is ****ing ridiculous.

ShowtimeSBMVP 09-24-2014 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 10944711)

I agree, but if they get 911 calls saying the guy had a gun pointing it at people. They have no clue what they're facing when they go in.

Radar Chief 09-24-2014 02:00 PM

Quote:

I’ve been shopping for a bb gun for MiniRadar and none of the Walmart, Target or similar stores have bb guns, air soft or pellet guns that aren’t in a box or some form of packaging. Maybe it’s just the area? :shrug:

Bufkin 09-24-2014 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 10944711)

Unless he was running around the dairy section doing his best Niko Bellic impersonation with a BB gun. Not saying he should have been shot, but I understand the risk of a loony guy running around pointing a gun at people. It doesn't matter if you're black, white, Asian, or Persian.

KC native 09-24-2014 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 10944717)
I agree, but if they get 911 calls saying the guy had a gun pointing it at people. They have no clue what they're facing when they go in.

They got 1 call. The guy is clearly not pointing it at anyone when the cops rush into the frame.

Have some self respect and wipe that cop cum off your face twitterbot.

Dartgod 09-24-2014 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 10944697)
In the video, you can see him pick it up off the shelf. If he would have taken it out of the box then that would have been on the video.

What? Is there another video I'm not seeing? He's in the dog food aisle it appears.

Radar Chief 09-24-2014 02:04 PM

Quote:

The video I've seen must start after that, just shows him standing their swinging it back and forth aimlessly talking on his phone.

KC native 09-24-2014 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 10944728)
What? Is there another video I'm not seeing? He's in the dog food aisle it appears.

Yes, that's not the full video in the OP. I found it because I went to the Gawker link first.

http://www.whio.com/news/news/crime-...rd-case/nhRwM/

Edit: I watched without sound so I have no idea if anyone is talking during the video (in the link I posted it looks like it is being presented to people).

ptlyon 09-24-2014 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bufkin (Post 10944721)
It doesn't matter if you're black, white, Asian, or Persian.

Hey now, let's not get racist here

Bowser 09-24-2014 02:07 PM

1) The guy that called in the threat needs to be rounded up and questioned

2) That killer cop needs to be fired at the absolute least.

3) Someone should interview that jury to try and understand just WTF the thinking among them was. Maybe THEY should be held accountable.

ShowtimeSBMVP 09-24-2014 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 10944733)
Yes, that's not the full video in the OP. I found it because I went to the Gawker link first.

Edit: I watched without sound so I have no idea if anyone is talking during the video (in the link I posted it looks like it is being presented to people).

That guy said they come in boxes(Someone else took it out of box) So i guess they come in boxes.

listopencil 09-24-2014 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 10944719)
I’ve been shopping for a bb gun for MiniRadar and none of the Walmart, Target or similar stores have bb guns, air soft or pellet guns that aren’t in a box or some form of packaging. Maybe it’s just the area? :shrug:

Does your Wal Mart have a guns and ammo section? I live in an agricultural area with a lot of natural resources. Hunting and fishing are huge up here. We have the kiddy BB guns put up about 100 feet away from the higher end ones. Those are in boxes. Like the Red Ryder from A Christmas Story and a few others that are tied into merchandising efforts. Closer to the real guns are the higher end BB guns that sit on the shelf with no packaging, in the same way that the real guns do.

KC native 09-24-2014 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 10944742)
That guy said they come in boxes(Someone else took it out of box) So i guess they come in boxes.

So in between slurps, could you tell us all where he takes it out of the box then?

listopencil 09-24-2014 02:10 PM

Quote:

If it was in a box that makes it worse. Those look even less like real guns.

Dartgod 09-24-2014 02:10 PM

Quote:

Yeah, that video explained it better.

KC native 09-24-2014 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 10944743)
Does your Wal Mart have a guns and ammo section? I live in an agricultural area with a lot of natural resources. Hunting and fishing are huge up here. We have the kiddy BB guns put up about 100 feet away from the higher end ones. Those are in boxes. Like the Red Ryder from A Christmas Story and a few others that are tied into merchandising efforts. Closer to the real guns are the higher end BB guns that sit on the shelf with no packaging, in the same way that the real guns do.

I live in DFW and it's the same way.

The cheap BB guns have boxes. The Air Softs do not (or they have very minimal cardboard on them).

Mennonite 09-24-2014 02:12 PM

Oh those brave policemen are such heroes! Putting their life on the line like that. Such courage.

listopencil 09-24-2014 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 10944754)

The cheap BB guns have boxes. The Air Softs do not (or they have very minimal cardboard on them).

Apparently the cop killed him for his own good. He would have shot his eye out.

Prison Bitch 09-24-2014 02:17 PM

These stories nearly always follow the identical pattern:

Liberal webzine finds odd story.
Editors check to see if victim was white. If so, move on.
If victim is black/hisp/Jewish/woman/handicapped/deaf/dumb/blind/stupid, find out if cop/authority was white.
If not, move on. If so, publish! And text alert!
Media catches on. Outraged groups catch on. Anger.
(But new facts come out which cast doubt on all propaganda)
Outraged groups dismiss new Info as irrelevant/false/"racist"
Public yawns, moves on.
Liberal webzine goes back to scouring interwebs for fresh propaganda

Radar Chief 09-24-2014 02:18 PM

Quote:

Does your Wal Mart have a guns and ammo section? I live in an agricultural area with a lot of natural resources. Hunting and fishing are huge up here.

Yes, I live in rural Kansas surrounded by agriculture and some prime hunting land.
http://www.kansasparadiseadventures.com/
http://www.liltoledo.com/

Quote:

We have the kiddy BB guns put up about 100 feet away from the higher end ones. Those are in boxes. Like the Red Ryder from A Christmas Story and a few others that are tied into merchandising efforts. Closer to the real guns are the higher end BB guns that sit on the shelf with no packaging, in the same way that the real guns do.

Wow, no shit? The higher end pellet rifles like the Beeman break over types that shoot >1000 FPS are on the shelves in boxes with the bb guns and air soft. The real guns are in a locked cabinet.
Shotgun shells are out in the open but high powered rifle, hand gun, and since they’re so scarce the .22 LR’s are under lock and key. Store help is required to get them.

Ming the Merciless 09-24-2014 02:19 PM

A kid got shot by the cops with an airsoft in my town not too long ago. Google Andy Lopez Santa Rosa....there were some differences....dumb kids removed the orange tip.....but its possible the cops were too hasty in that case as well. No charges in that case either. Its hard to be 100% because I am not in the mind of the cop at the scene....
From what I know of the Andy Lopez case I may have pulled the trigger also....this case......looks more to be negligence on the cops part but I don't know

Mennonite 09-24-2014 02:23 PM

http://i.imgur.com/kubLMc6.jpg

God bless those brave boys in blue for keeping our streets safe.

KC native 09-24-2014 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10944773)
These stories nearly always follow the identical pattern:

These threads nearly always follow the identical pattern

Someone posts the thread
dumb ****s like you come along and insist on a political media narrative
dumb ****s like you then assert the victim was a thug
dumb ****s like you then show everyone how ****ing dumb they really are

Rinse and repeat.

Skyy God 09-24-2014 02:28 PM

Quote:

Sounds like a colorable claim against Wal-Mart for negligence as well.

Mr. Laz 09-24-2014 02:28 PM

if a cop shot him then he must have deserved it /CP

Beef Supreme 09-24-2014 02:31 PM

If you are a cop, you can shoot anyone and get a paid vacation, unless you shoot another cop.

Radar Chief 09-24-2014 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 10944754)

Gotta be the area then. Here air softs are in vacuum formed plastic hanging from a peg board display.

ptlyon 09-24-2014 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet (Post 10944798)
If you are a cop, you can shoot anyone and get a paid vacation, unless you shoot another cop.

"Honey, I've been thinking... We should take a vacation."

"Alright! I'll shoot somebody tomorrow!"

listopencil 09-24-2014 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cave Johnson (Post 10944794)
Sounds like a colorable claim against Wal-Mart for negligence as well.

It would more likely be the manufacturer. BUT...Wal Mart has tremendous influence over the packaging of the products that they sell. I don't think you could find them liable but they could be proactive and demand changes.

ptlyon 09-24-2014 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 10944813)
It would more likely be the manufacturer. BUT...Wal Mart has tremendous influence over the packaging of the products that they sell. I don't think you could find them liable but they could be proactive and demand changes.

Why would they demand changes? Look at all the free advertising they're getting!

listopencil 09-24-2014 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 10944775)
Yes, I live in rural Kansas surrounded by agriculture and some prime hunting land.
http://www.kansasparadiseadventures.com/
http://www.liltoledo.com/

Wow, no shit? The higher end pellet rifles like the Beeman break over types that shoot >1000 FPS are on the shelves in boxes with the bb guns and air soft. The real guns are in a locked cabinet.
Shotgun shells are out in the open but high powered rifle, hand gun, and since they’re so scarce the .22 LR’s are under lock and key. Store help is required to get them.

Our real ones are behind a large glass counter display, and then the shelves have glass covers as well, so you can't just grab them off the shelf. The high end BB guns are right next to that with no counter and no glass cover over the shelves.

Radar Chief 09-24-2014 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 10944817)
Our real ones are behind a large glass counter display, and then the shelves have glass covers as well, so you can't just grab them off the shelf.

Ok, that makes more sense.

listopencil 09-24-2014 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 10944801)
Gotta be the area then. Here air softs are in vacuum formed plastic hanging from a peg board display.

We do have some in blister packs. They are put in between the kiddy ones and the higher end ones.

-King- 09-24-2014 02:49 PM

No defense. And people wonder why people are trusting cops less and less
Posted via Mobile Device

GloucesterChief 09-24-2014 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cave Johnson (Post 10944661)

Cops and prosecutors are on the same team. Expecting a prosecutor to fully go after a cop like they would a non-cop is like expecting one teammate on a football team to narc on another.

-King- 09-24-2014 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 10944717)

First, that's bullshit. He wasn't pointing it at anyone.

Second, unless they caught him in the act of pointing it at someone, there still no justification for shooting him. They managed to arrest John Holmes even though he had literally just went on a killing spree, but they can't arrest this guy?
Posted via Mobile Device

Mennonite 09-24-2014 03:08 PM

The man was murdered. It wasn't his fault. It wasn't WalMart's fault. The only people here who are to blame are the gutless pigs that shot him down in cold blood.

MTG#10 09-24-2014 03:10 PM

Quote:

In the video linked by the OP he has the gun the whole time, he does not pick it up off of a shelf. Not that it matters though, those pigs deserve the chair.

Mennonite 09-24-2014 03:12 PM

The video I watched says that he picked it up in the store and that another customer had unwrapped it.

KC native 09-24-2014 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTG#10 (Post 10944855)
In the video linked by the OP he has the gun the whole time, he does not pick it up off of a shelf. Not that it matters though, those pigs deserve the chair.

Read the thread. There is a longer video that I posted the link to.

Mennonite 09-24-2014 03:14 PM

"The quick response of officers was instrumental in containing this situation and minimizing the risk of customers," the police chief said Aug. 6 at a press conference, where he declined to take questions.

Skyy God 09-24-2014 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloucesterChief (Post 10944832)
Cops and prosecutors are on the same team. Expecting a prosecutor to fully go after a cop like they would a non-cop is like expecting one teammate on a football team to narc on another.

Check your batteries, brah.