ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   "Unnamed scouts" give their take on 50 players (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=298525)

Quesadilla Joe 02-28-2016 09:12 AM

"Unnamed scouts" give their take on 50 players

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...370399721.html

The writer organized his list by who would be available at the 27th pick in the draft...

AS GOOD AS GONE (11)

Spoiler!

PROBABLY GONE (9)

Spoiler!

THE NEXT LEVEL (30)

Spoiler!

Urc Burry 02-28-2016 01:09 PM

Interesting stuff. Love me some Corey Coleman... And it is hard to pin where Nkemdiche is going to end up

Not that it really matters, but I heard from a pretty reliable source that Wentz's wrist injury came from punching a locker after their loss

Mr. Laz 02-28-2016 01:24 PM

Maylock is just nuts over this group of Dline.

says it's elite and deep, great talent will still be around in the 3rd round.

:shrug:

DJ's left nut 03-01-2016 11:03 AM

If Eli Apple were there for us at 28, I'm leaning that direction.

The Franchise 03-01-2016 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12107043)

I'm leaning towards Will Fuller....for obvious reasons.

O.city 03-01-2016 11:09 AM

Apple
Bullard
Sheppard

First 3 rounds?

The Franchise 03-01-2016 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 12107058)
Apple
Bullard
Sheppard

First 3 rounds?

Give me Jaylon Smith in the 4th and I'm ok with that.

RunKC 03-01-2016 11:47 AM

I just can't see the Steelers passing on Apple.

Who I think Dorsey will like at 28 IMO

Braxton Miller
Reggie Ragland
Will Fuller
Germain Ifedi
A'Shawn Robinson

DJ's left nut 03-01-2016 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 12107151)
I just can't see the Steelers passing on Apple.

Who I think Dorsey will like at 28 IMO

Braxton Miller
Reggie Ragland
Will Fuller
Germain Ifedi
A'Shawn Robinson

I'd be shocked if Ragland made it that far.

And I've decided I'd definitely be annoyed if he took Braxton Miller in the first. That said, those 3 cone times are going to get Dorsey pretty riled up. And my viable later alternative to him, Shepard, disappointed a bit.

O.city 03-01-2016 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12107162)

And I've decided I'd definitely be annoyed if he took Braxton Miller in the first. That said, those 3 cone times are going to get Dorsey pretty riled up. And my viable later alternative to him, Shepard, disappointed a bit.

Nah, Shepard had a fine combine. Just fine enough to push him to our 3rd.

Although, I will say having miller in the Dat role and then as a full time wr is interesting

DaneMcCloud 03-01-2016 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12107043)

I'd rather have Darron Lee but I don't think there's a chance, after running a 4.47, that he'll make it to 28. Apple seems like a fit, for sure.

It seemed like all of the CB's were super fast and many fit Dorsey's "profile" of long and lean but the majority just weren't very "smooth", especially in Back Peddle and Run drill. Lots of stiff hips.

Ragland would obviously upgrade the ILB corp but I'd be shocked if they took him because of March, Wilson and Alexander.

DaneMcCloud 03-01-2016 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12107162)

I think that Michael Thomas is probably their #1 WR. He, Conley and Maclin would eventually make up a solid corp.

I like Sterling Shepard as well but I wouldn't take him before the 3rd round because I think the BPA's in rounds 1 and 2 will be better than Shepard.

staylor26 03-01-2016 12:21 PM

If one of Conklin, Decker, or Spriggs makes it to 28, I think OT will be the pick.

DJ's left nut 03-01-2016 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12107189)
I'd rather have Darron Lee but I don't think there's a chance, after running a 4.47, that he'll make it to 28. Apple seems like a fit, for sure.

It seemed like all of the CB's were super fast and many fit Dorsey's "profile" of long and lean but the majority just weren't very "smooth", especially in Back Peddle and Run drill. Lots of stiff hips.

Ragland would obviously upgrade the ILB corp but I'd be shocked if they took him because of March, Wilson and Alexander.

If they pass on Ragland because of 3 JAGs, they deserve the black hole they'll be left with in the middle of their defense when he goes.

staylor26 03-01-2016 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12107840)
If they pass on Ragland because of 3 JAGs, they deserve the black hole they'll be left with in the middle of their defense when he goes.

I agree, but it seems like Dorsey is extremely high on March. Ragland are March would be a fantastic duo for the future though.

DaneMcCloud 03-01-2016 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12107840)

I'm not sure if Ragland is a 3 down player. If not, there will be better players available at #28.

DJ's left nut 03-01-2016 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12107848)
I'm not sure if Ragland is a 3 down player. If not, there will be better players available at #28.

If you keep a dominant NT in front of him, he should be able to stay largely unmolested in the defensive backfield. If there's less static around him, he has the athleticism to play zone effectively, IMO.

Now if he's asked to do a lot of man coverage, that's probably a mistake. But with Sutton's safety fetish, WTF would he be using Ragland heavily in coverage for?

Though if they put him through individual drills and he can't move his hips well enough, that's cause not to draft him. I agree - you don't take a 2-down ILB in the first round. That said, at that point it will be because of what he is unable to do - not because of March, Wilson and Alexander.

Like I said, if they pass on him because of the JAGs, that's a problem. If they pass on him because they don't think he can do what they need him to do, I'll live with that.

DaneMcCloud 03-01-2016 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12107860)
Like I said, if they pass on him because of the JAGs, that's a problem. If they pass on him because they don't think he can do what they need him to do, I'll live with that.

We won't likely ever know the answer to that question but after watching him run a 4.74 this past weekend, I think there are better alternatives with the #28 pick.

O.city 03-01-2016 06:04 PM

I'd take someone else there, take Jaylon late and hope he works out

DaneMcCloud 03-01-2016 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 12107895)
I'd take someone else there, take Jaylon late and hope he works out

I wouldn't spend anything other than a 7th round pick for Smith.

The Franchise 03-01-2016 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12107947)
I wouldn't spend anything other than a 7th round pick for Smith.

Since we're low on the list.....I'd spend a 4th.

DaneMcCloud 03-01-2016 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12107955)
Since we're low on the list.....I'd spend a 4th.

His medicals were so bad that it'll likely be two years before he can even think about playing again and there's no guarantee he'll be the same player.

The Chiefs should be able to get a contributor in the 4th this year.

I feel really bad for the kid but I'd be shocked if he ever makes a full recovery.

Hopefully, everyone is wrong.

O.city 03-01-2016 07:37 PM

Have to wait and see how the April evaluation goes, but if 8ts that bad I wouldn't spend higher than a 4th, probably 5th

O.city 03-01-2016 07:44 PM

How would you guys feel about nkemdiche if he fell?

DaneMcCloud 03-01-2016 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 12108123)

I saw a mock today in which he fell past the Chiefs and landed one pick after in AZ.

I'd trust the pick if Dorsey made it because obviously, he did his homework on Peters, which turned out beautifully.

But man, this guy just smells.

DaneMcCloud 03-01-2016 07:48 PM

Quote:

I saw a mock today in which he fell past the Chiefs and landed one pick after in AZ.

I'd trust the pick if Dorsey made it because obviously, he did his homework on Peters, which turned out beautifully.

But man, that guy just smells.

SAUTO 03-01-2016 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12108135)

Peters is a hot head/emotional.

This guy got himself all ****ed up and who knows what really happened but then he throws out the possible number one pick and teammate name out at the combine and say he was there too.

This team preaches family. You don't do that to family.

O.city 03-01-2016 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12108135)

I know.

But the dudes a monster. If there's a coaching staff and locker room I'd trust him in, it'd be here

DaneMcCloud 03-01-2016 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 12108146)
Peters is a hot head/emotional.

This guy got himself all ****ed up and who knows what really happened but then he throws out the possible number one pick and teammate name out at the combine and say he was there too.

This team preaches family. You don't do that to family.

Agreed. That really hit a bad note for me.

I mean, come on, man! Don't throw your teammate under the bus.

DaneMcCloud 03-01-2016 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 12108148)
I know.

But the dudes a monster. If there's a coaching staff and locker room I'd trust him in, it'd be here

Right. If Dorsey clears him, then I'm good with it but I'd really be shocked if he made it past Dorsey's bullshit meter.

There's going to be an immediate contributor at 28 and I'm sure Dorsey will get the right guy.

staylor26 03-01-2016 08:07 PM

I know it's not going to be a popular opinion, but Cody Whitehair might be BPA at 28. I think he can come in day 1 and have an impact similar to Martin.

Fisher-Morse-Fulton-Whitehair-LDT/Reid/FA

Morse, Fulton, and Whitehair can each play every position in the interior. I think LDT moving to RT would be a great move if we can't sign a FA to fill that spot.

DaneMcCloud 03-01-2016 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 12108217)
I know it's not going to be a popular opinion, but Cody Whitehair might be BPA at 28. I think he can come in day 1 and have an impact similar to Martin.

Fisher-Morse-Fulton-Whitehair-LDT/Reid/FA

Morse, Fulton, and Whitehair can each play every position in the interior. I think LDT moving to RT would be a great move if we can't sign a FA to fill that spot.

I would not be down with drafting a ****ing right guard at #28 when there's a CB, safety, DE/DT and WR that could make an immediate impact.

**** that.

staylor26 03-01-2016 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12108297)
I would not be down with drafting a ****ing right guard at #28 when there's a CB, safety, DE/DT and WR that could make an immediate impact.

**** that.

Lol like I said I knew it wouldn't be a popular opinion, but when you're drafting at 28 and still have an opportunity to get the best player at their position I don't think it should be dismissed so easily.

Would it be my first choice? No.

I'd prefer Lee, Conklin, Decker, WJ3, Apple, Coleman, Fuller or even Lynch, but most of those guys will be gone.

DaneMcCloud 03-01-2016 08:37 PM

Come on. This team doesn't need another right guard. They have LDT, Reid, Morse and Fulton.

Dorsey isn't Pioli reeruned.

staylor26 03-01-2016 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12108328)
Come on. This team doesn't need another right guard. They have LDT, Reid, Morse and Fulton.

Dorsey isn't Pioli reeruned.

In case you didn't notice in that scenario I had Morse at LG (best spot to keep him away from more potential concussions), Fulton at C, and LDT at RT (which would fill a need there).

I should've added that I'm saying this under the assumption that Dorsey uses FA to fill needs and open up our draft like he has in the past.

You want a day 1 impact for a team in win now mode? It's unlikely anybody outside of those guys I mentioned and Whitehair can give us what Whitehair would Day 1.

DaneMcCloud 03-01-2016 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 12108359)

You want a day 1 impact for a team in win now mode? It's unlikely anybody outside of those guys I mentioned and Whitehair can give us what Whitehair would Day 1.

:facepalm:

staylor26 03-01-2016 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12108382)
:facepalm:

First off, I think it's an ever bigger longshot that Dorsey drafts a WR in the 1st. We can keep asking for it all we want, but it's not going to happen. He's going to feel comfortable with a Conley/Wilson competition at that spot. The most we can hope for is a day 2 pick at WR.

Second, it's pretty tough to count on an interior defensive lineman starting day 1 and having an immediate impact at any spot in the 1st, especially the end. I can see Dorsey going DL with a loaded class, but the impact will probably be closer to Ford/Fisher than Peters.

Third, do you really see Dorsey going CB in the first two years in a row after also spending 3rds on two the past two years in a row? I think it's more likely he adds a vet like Lane in free agency (assuming we lose Smith).

As for safety? Yea I'd love to add a guy like Joseph, but once again I just don't see Dorsey going in that direction with Berry and Parker in the fold. If we re-sign Branch that gets even more unlikely.

Why is is so ridiculous to think a RG can come in and have the biggest impact? Did it not happen two years ago with Martin? I'm not saying that means it will, but it definitely proves it can happen.

If we have our needs outside of the Oline resolved in free agency my biggest concern going into 2016 would be another slow start due to shit Oline play. This pick would prevent that from happening.

RunKC 03-01-2016 09:16 PM

RT is such a big need and I don't know how we'd fill it unless we can get Mitchell Schwartz.

I'm still thinking Germain Ifedi is a very strong candidate for 28. And he would start day 1 at RT and be a big upgrade over Reid.

DaneMcCloud 03-01-2016 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 12108429)
First off, I think it's an ever bigger longshot that Dorsey drafts a WR in the 1st. We can keep asking for it all we want, but it's not going to happen. He's going to feel comfortable with a Conley/Wilson competition at that spot. The most we can hope for is a day 2 pick at WR.

Second, it's pretty tough to count on an interior defensive lineman starting day 1 and having an immediate impact at any spot in the 1st, especially the end. I can see Dorsey going DL with a loaded class, but the impact will probably be closer to Ford/Fisher than Peters.

Third, do you really see Dorsey going CB in the first two years in a row after also spending 3rds on two the past two years in a row? I think it's more likely he adds a vet like Lane in free agency (assuming we lose Smith).

As for safety? Yea I'd love to add a guy like Joseph, but once again I just don't see Dorsey going in that direction with Berry and Parker in the fold. If we re-sign Branch that gets even more unlikely.

Why is is so ridiculous to think a RG can come in and have the biggest impact? Did it not happen two years ago with Martin? I'm not saying that means it will, but it definitely proves it can happen.

If we have our needs outside of the Oline resolved in free agency my biggest concern going into 2016 would be another slow start due to shit Oline play. This pick would prevent that from happening.

There is no way Dorsey is taking a guard at #28.

Skill position only.

staylor26 03-01-2016 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12108510)
There is no way Dorsey is taking a guard at #28.

Skill position only.

I hope you're right, but it wouldn't be as terrible as you're making it seem if Dorsey sees the next Martin in Whitehair.

So I'm going to ask, if he does, are you ok with that?

BigChiefFan 03-01-2016 10:33 PM

We need to take D line, WR, QB, or CB with the first pick.

Saccopoo 03-01-2016 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 12108470)
RT is such a big need and I don't know how we'd fill it unless we can get Mitchell Schwartz.

I'm still thinking Germain Ifedi is a very strong candidate for 28. And he would start day 1 at RT and be a big upgrade over Reid.

http://replygif.net/i/90.gif

DaneMcCloud 03-01-2016 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 12108524)
I hope you're right, but it wouldn't be as terrible as you're making it seem if Dorsey sees the next Martin in Whitehair.

No, I wouldn't be happy with it, especially considering the amount of perimeter talent available at #28.

I'd rather see him reach on a pass rushing OLB than waste it on a "safe" guard.

**** that.

DaneMcCloud 03-01-2016 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 12108765)

The Chiefs didn't lose to the Patriots in the second round because there were three second string lineman starting that game.

Good ****ing God, Sac.

RunKC 03-02-2016 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12108788)
The Chiefs didn't lose to the Patriots in the second round because there were three second string lineman starting that game.

Good ****ing God, Sac.

It's a big problem though Dane. It was a big reason we struggled early as we gave up 19 sacks in the first 4 games.
I know you'll agree with me here that Andy ****ed up and kept playing musical chairs with the OL and that was a huge reason why we struggled, however we need to beat Denver so we can win the division and the best way to do that is to slow down their pass rush.

Will Fuller would be awesome in round 1, but is his talent as good as one of the DL, CB or OL? I think it is, but that's up to Dorsey.

Another question is this: is there a big difference between Will Fuller in round 1 and Malcolm Mitchell in round 2?

DJ's left nut 03-02-2016 09:31 AM

Quote:

Obviously I didn't interview the guy so it's hard for me to really make a decision there.

That said, the guy threw his teammate under the bus and appears committed to this "I was just drunk" bullshit.

No way - I've known lots of drunk guys and none of them have gone paranoid and jumped out a goddamn window.

The guy is a liar who, instead of taking responsibility for his actions, decided to bring his teammates down with him.

I have no interest in bringing that into the lockerroom. I view him the same way I viewed Gregory - he's just flat off my board.

DJ's left nut 03-02-2016 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 12108524)

No ceiling. At all. And when Dorsey's shown the ability to get starting caliber players on the interior line in the 5th and 6th rounds, why the hell would you use a 1st on one?

At worst, I'd be okay with them taking a tackle who has the ability to shift to LT if needed (due to Fisher's possible FA pay day). At that point you free Reid up to play G if needed, where he was better than he was at RT.

There's no way I'd take a guy that's going to play exclusively interior OL in the first round.

RunKC 03-02-2016 09:57 AM

And there it is. Will Fuller being projected in the early 20's now. Daniel Jeremiah released his new mock with him going in that range and him, Charles Davis and even Mayock discussed how scouts/team officials they talked to said WR is so weak this year in both the draft and FA and that will move guys up.

It's setting up for us to take a fatty. I fully expect Vernon Butler or Germain Ifedi at this point.

O.city 03-02-2016 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12109039)
Obviously I didn't interview the guy so it's hard for me to really make a decision there.

That said, the guy threw his teammate under the bus and appears committed to this "I was just drunk" bullshit.

No way - I've known lots of drunk guys and none of them have gone paranoid and jumped out a goddamn window.

The guy is a liar who, instead of taking responsibility for his actions, decided to bring his teammates down with him.

I have no interest in bringing that into the lockerroom. I view him the same way I viewed Gregory - he's just flat off my board.

I'd imagine most everyone knew who was in the room before he said that. I get it, but man, that's alot of talent at 28.

O.city 03-02-2016 10:16 AM

Mike freeman interviewed a scout who talks about this being a terrible offensive draft but a really strong defensive draft

DJ's left nut 03-02-2016 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 12109112)
I'd imagine most everyone knew who was in the room before he said that. I get it, but man, that's alot of talent at 28.

So do you believe him when he says he was just drinking?

Because if he's still going to the combine and flat out lying about that stuff, it's a character issue. It's the opposite of the contrition we saw from Peters and Houston. When guys make mistakes and own up them, it suggests they've recognized their error and will take positive steps to avoid repeating them.

If they decide to just die with the lie, then !@#$ 'em. I'm not interested in having a guy like that.

Besides, all that talent still led to him being a good but not great player in college. I see a guy with motor issues, serious technique flaws and character red flags all over him.

For every Randy Moss there are a dozen Marvin Austin's. And even Moss showed a fair amount of contrition leading up to the draft (as opposed to Austin who doubled down on stubborn).

The Franchise 03-02-2016 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12108094)
His medicals were so bad that it'll likely be two years before he can even think about playing again and there's no guarantee he'll be the same player.

The Chiefs should be able to get a contributor in the 4th this year.

I feel really bad for the kid but I'd be shocked if he ever makes a full recovery.

Hopefully, everyone is wrong.

A contributor? Outside of Wilson....who have we drafted in the 4th round that was a contributor?

Thomas? He was good for some punt returns but he's shit now.

I would easily draft Jaylon Smith at the end of the 4th round and let him sit for a year.

DaneMcCloud 03-02-2016 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 12109075)
It's setting up for us to take a fatty. I fully expect Vernon Butler or Germain Ifedi at this point.

Not a chance

staylor26 03-02-2016 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12109265)
Not a chance

Why is is so hard to believe that a guy that took a LT 1st overall, and a C at 49th, could go offensive line at 28?

DaneMcCloud 03-02-2016 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12109178)
A contributor? Outside of Wilson....who have we drafted in the 4th round that was a contributor?

Thomas was better than just a punt returner. He helped the offense considerably in 2014 (Jamaal Charles TD run, for example against Seattle). But who knows what's going on with him today?

Dorsey's also drafted guys late like Fulton, LDT, Ramik Wilson and DJ Alexander, who have all been contributors. Alexander blocked a punt against the Raiders for a TD and has been a good special teamer.

Fulton and LDT speak for themselves.

Quote:

I would easily draft Jaylon Smith at the end of the 4th round and let him sit for a year.

Of course you would: You're a Domer. :D

I wouldn't even consider him at this point. According to all of the reports I've read, his knee is a complete disaster. When doctors touched it, he winced in pain. He has a long, long road to recovery and the odds are stacked against him.

DaneMcCloud 03-02-2016 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 12109279)
Why is is so hard to believe that a guy that took a LT 1st overall, and a C at 49th, could go offensive line at 28?

Because the BPA at #28 won't be an offensive lineman in this draft.

Safety, corner, WR, DE/DT.

DaneMcCloud 03-02-2016 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12109177)

I've read it was synthetic marijuana.

I don't think there's a chance in hell that Dorsey even considers him.

The Franchise 03-02-2016 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12109281)
Thomas was better than just a punt returner. He helped the offense considerably in 2014 (Jamaal Charles TD run, for example against Seattle). But who knows what's going on with him today?

Dorsey's also drafted guys late like Fulton, LDT, Ramik Wilson and DJ Alexander, who have all been contributors. Alexander blocked a punt against the Raiders for a TD and has been a good special teamer.

Fulton and LDT speak for themselves.

Of course you would: You're a Domer. :D

I wouldn't even consider him at this point. According to all of the reports I've read, his knee is a complete disaster. When doctors touched it, he winced in pain. He has a long, long road to recovery and the odds are stacked against him.

It's been less than 8 weeks since he injured it.

DaneMcCloud 03-02-2016 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12109295)
It's been less than 8 weeks since he injured it.

I know but the nerve damage thing is a killer. This isn't going to be a quick recovery like Jamaal Charles or many other recent knee injuries.

This guy is less than 10% likely to ever play football again and I just can't see spending a 4th round draft choice on a player like that, especially considering what happened to Lattimore.

But we'll have to agree to disagree because I know you'd take him in a heartbeat. :D

O.city 03-02-2016 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12109177)

Because if he's still going to the combine and flat out lying about that stuff, it's a character issue. It's the opposite of the contrition we saw from Peters and Houston. When guys make mistakes and own up them, it suggests they've recognized their error and will take positive steps to avoid repeating them.

If they decide to just die with the lie, then !@#$ 'em. I'm not interested in having a guy like that.

Besides, all that talent still led to him being a good but not great player in college. I see a guy with motor issues, serious technique flaws and character red flags all over him.

For every Randy Moss there are a dozen Marvin Austin's. And even Moss showed a fair amount of contrition leading up to the draft (as opposed to Austin who doubled down on stubborn).

I always lean toward talent in these situation because I'm not privy to interviews.

However, if he's that big of a moron, no thanks.

The Franchise 03-02-2016 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12109303)
I know but the nerve damage thing is a killer. This isn't going to be a quick recovery like Jamaal Charles or many other recent knee injuries.

This guy is less than 10% likely to ever play football again and I just can't see spending a 4th round draft choice on a player like that, especially considering what happened to Lattimore.

But we'll have to agree to disagree because I know you'd take him in a heartbeat. :D

I'm 50/50 at taking him in the 4th right now. It all depends on who is there. But I'd damn sure spend a 5th on him. A 5th for a chance at a special player is worth it.

DaneMcCloud 03-02-2016 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12109357)
I'm 50/50 at taking him in the 4th right now. It all depends on who is there. But I'd damn sure spend a 5th on him. A 5th for a chance at a special player is worth it.

The medical re-checks in April are extremely important. He's acknowledged that there is nerve damage and there's no timetable as to when (or if) that will ever heal.

The Franchise 03-02-2016 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12109362)
The medical re-checks in April are extremely important. He's acknowledged that there is nerve damage and there's no timetable as to when (or if) that will ever heal.

Oh yeah....most definitely.

RunKC 03-02-2016 12:43 PM

Quote:

Not a chance

So who do you have in mind? Vernon Butler is absolutely on of the best options on the board at 28.

DaneMcCloud 03-02-2016 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 12109379)
So who do you have in mind? Vernon Butler is absolutely on of the best options on the board at 28.

It all depends on how the board shakes out, as well as free agency.

The Star reported recently that the Chiefs are discussing an extension for Poe and if they're able to retain Howard, I wouldn't take a DT/DT.

Safety is a need, regardless of Berry's tag. CB is a need if Smith leaves.

There's just too many variables at this point to say "I'm taking this guy".

The Franchise 03-02-2016 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 12109379)

DL has crazy depth in this draft. I think I would rather see them go CB/S in the 1st.

RunKC 03-02-2016 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12109386)

The Star reported recently that the Chiefs are discussing an extension for Poe and if they're able to retain Howard, I wouldn't take a DT/DT.

Safety is a need if we have Berry, Parker and Branch?

I think that FA will dictate the pick and I think one of Smith/Howard will take a deal way over what they are worth, so we'll know where we stand soon enough.

If Vernon Butler is on the board at 28, even with Howard back, it would be tough passing on the guy. You're looking at Muhammed Wilkerson bc that's exactly who Vernon Butler is.
I know there is depth in this draft at DL, but none of those guys are the talent Butler is and that makes me not worry about losing Jaye Howard.

This guy beat the shit out of Cosy Whitehair, then proceeded to beat the shit out of everyone at the Senior Bowl.

RunKC 03-02-2016 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12109386)

I think that FA will dictate the pick and I think one of Smith/Howard will take a deal way over what they are worth, so we'll know where we stand soon enough.

If Vernon Butler is on the board at 28, even with Howard back, it would be tough passing on the guy. You're looking at Muhammed Wilkerson bc that's exactly who Vernon Butler is.
I know there is depth in this draft at DL, but none of those guys are the talent Butler is and that makes me not worry about losing Jaye Howard.

This guy is the real deal. He beat the shit out of Cody Whitehair, then proceeded to beat the shit out of everyone at the Senior Bowl.

The Franchise 03-02-2016 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 12109538)

This guy is the real deal. He beat the shit out of Cody Whitehair, then proceeded to beat the shit out of everyone at the Senior Bowl.

Safety is currently a need because we have Berry and Parker. You can't just assume that Branch is going be here.

And I really wish you would stop talking in ****ing absolutes.

staylor26 03-02-2016 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12109550)
Safety is currently a need because we have Berry and Parker. You can't just assume that Branch is going be here.

And I really wish you would stop talking in ****ing absolutes.

But do you really see Dorsey taking one in the 1st?

If he's willing I would take Karl Joseph in a heartbeat. He's the best safety in this class.

The Franchise 03-02-2016 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 12109633)

If he's willing I would take Karl Joseph in a heartbeat. He's the best safety in this class.

It's all going to depend on a bunch of shit. It's way to early to tell right now.

RunKC 03-02-2016 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 12109633)

We'll know more in 3 weeks

staylor26 03-02-2016 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12109678)
It's all going to depend on a bunch of shit. It's way to early to tell right now.

I will say this though, given the fact that Sutton uses all the safeties it's certainly a huge need if Branch and/or Abdullah are gone.

Wish we still had Kurt Coleman :cuss:

Saccopoo 03-02-2016 04:27 PM

Quote:

Not a chance

I think that it's a pretty good chance. Von Bell is a possibility as well, but I think he realizes the problem at RT (and Ifedi checks a lot of Dorsey boxes) and is also looking at the situation with Howard and the contract situation with Poe. (The DT position looks a lot like the OLB spot when we drafted Ford.).

Austin Johnson or Vernon Butler would be my bets, with Ifedi second and Bell third. The monkey wrench would be Paxton Lynch if he fell and was still on the board when the Chiefs pick.

With Wilson and DAT (possibly) I don't see them going after a guy like Fuller with that first rounder.
Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 12109279)

The Franchise 03-02-2016 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 12109978)
I will say this though, given the fact that Sutton uses all the safeties it's certainly a huge need if Branch and/or Abdullah are gone.

Wish we still had Kurt Coleman :cuss:

And just think of how much money we would be spending to keep him this offseason. It'd be yet another contract to add to the pile.

staylor26 03-02-2016 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12110029)
And just think of how much money we would be spending to keep him this offseason. It'd be yet another contract to add to the pile.

I think we would've signed him to at least a two year deal if we did.

smith11 03-03-2016 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12109357)

should chiefs have spent a 5th last year on lael collins the lsu olineman?

The Franchise 03-03-2016 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smith11 (Post 12110760)

Yeah.

Saccopoo 03-03-2016 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smith11 (Post 12110760)

Let's not do the revisionist history thing.

Should have, but didn't.

They still need a legitmate right tackle.

I would expect North Dakota State's Joe Haeg or Stanford's Kyle Murphy to get a look in about the third round. Both have experience at both tackle positions out of pro style sets.