ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs LET'S TALK TITANS (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=304334)

carcosa 12-08-2016 11:32 PM

LET'S TALK TITANS

MARIOTA IS PUTTING IT TOGETHER

"EXOTIC SMASHMOUTH" WITH MURRAY & HENRY COULD DO DAMAGE TO OUR DJ-LESS FRONT SEVEN

BUT YA GOTTA THINK WE HAVE THE TALENT TO BEAT EM

DISCUSS!!!!!!

TripleThreat 12-08-2016 11:33 PM

titans who? MAN IM FEELING ****ING GOOD...

Is it the ****ing tequila or what cause I swear... we going all the way baby

carcosa 12-08-2016 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripleThreat (Post 12607785)
titans who? MAN IM FEELING ****ING GOOD...

Is it the ****ing tequila or what cause I swear... we going all the way baby

I FEEL GOOD TOO IM HYPE AF AND I CANT WAIT FOR THE NEXT GAME BAYBEE

Simply Red 12-08-2016 11:35 PM

http://i64.tinypic.com/108bgw2.jpg

jimidollar 12-08-2016 11:38 PM

Titans...They're from Tennessee...That's all I got.

carcosa 12-08-2016 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimidollar (Post 12607812)
Titans...They're from Tennessee...That's all I got.

Gonna kick them in the country music!!!

Hammock Parties 12-08-2016 11:49 PM

Titans might put up a lot of rushing yards if DJ is done.

Another tuff game for the cheefs but u seem to keep winnin

Why Not? 12-08-2016 11:50 PM

Got to LETS TALK TIT and stopped reading. Why ruin it?

carcosa 12-09-2016 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Why Not? (Post 12607871)
Got to LETS TALK TIT and stopped reading. Why ruin it?

ON TO THE NEXT ONE!!!!!

Rasputin 12-09-2016 01:09 AM

Someone has got to go into Medusa lair and not look at her directly in her eyes. Cut off her head and put it in a sack and then thrust it on the field so the Titans will all turn to stone. That's how we beat the Titans.

Now who is going into Medusas lair?

eDave 12-09-2016 02:57 AM

If ever there was a trap game...

Danguardace 12-09-2016 06:39 AM

They have 7th ranked Offense in the league, that scares me.

Offense needs to carry build on the flashes they have shown in the last 3 games. Only this time play for at least 3 quarters, preferably 4.

Coochie liquor 12-09-2016 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danguardace (Post 12608153)
They have 7th ranked Offense in the league, that scares me.

Offense needs to carry build on the flashes they have shown in the last 3 games. Only this time play for at least 3 quarters, preferably 4.

We've beaten better offenses. But without DJ it's gonna be even harder to stop a very potent run game. Again we're playing a team who's strengths are our weaknesses. But we have 10 days to prepare, so guess we'll see how it goes.

KC_Lee 12-09-2016 07:28 AM

Well I live down here in Nashvegas / Titan's Country. Here's what you need to know;

1) Marriota is good and rising young QB but he's not ready to put the team on his back on a consistent basis which means...

2) Shut down the running game (easier said than done) and force them to beat you with the pass

3) Walker is a good TE and one of their primary targets since there is little in the way of good talent at the WR, just a lot of serviceable slot guys.

4) They have a porous secondary, cut one of the starting CBs (Cox) and signed a JAG off the street to take his place

I have a feeling that TN will go "all in" to beat Denver, which I think they will do, but little in the tank when they face KC.

Aspengc8 12-09-2016 07:35 AM

8 in the box this game

Sandy Vagina 12-09-2016 07:48 AM

Derrick Henry and Blount.

RBs like these are why I can see and even appreciate KC electing to bring back Mauga. While Mauga lacks range and athleticism, he can fill a run lane with physicality. He is actually crafty and opportunistic when playing short zones. KC needs that experience.

Buehler445 12-09-2016 08:10 AM

Run blitz a lot. Make them beat our corners, which they might, but they WILL beat our run D if we don't scheme it.

carcosa 12-09-2016 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 12608282)
Run blitz a lot. Make them beat our corners, which they might, but they WILL beat our run D if we don't scheme it.

Yes... they can do it...

KC_Lee 12-09-2016 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 12608282)

Who are they going to beat our corners with?

Tajae' Sharpe?
Kendall Wright?
Harry Douglas?

The only real receiving threat they have is Walker at TE.

Buehler445 12-09-2016 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 12608381)

Tajae' Sharpe?
Kendall Wright?
Harry Douglas?

That's why we make them beat us through the air.

Direckshun 12-09-2016 08:54 AM

The front seven is going to have to put on their big boy pants. They're going to have to rally to compensate for losing DJ because this Titans team WILL run it all game if they want. They've got two RBs who will do it.

ThaVirus 12-09-2016 10:11 AM

Quote:

Tajae' Sharpe?
Kendall Wright?
Harry Douglas?

Kendall Wright, definitely.

Reerun_KC 12-09-2016 10:14 AM

So if were like bottom of the league run defense with DJ, what will it be like without DJ? Worse than bottom of the league?

How can our run defense be worse?

TEX 12-09-2016 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 12608602)
So if were like bottom of the league run defense with DJ, what will it be like without DJ? Worse than bottom of the league?

How can our run defense be worse?

Well, I think getting Houston back into the mix will help. As long as we can somewhat control it, we'll be ok. Last night Murray did rush for over 100 yards, BUT he didn't KILL us with the big take- it- to -the- house run. The Front 7 will have to step it up because the Titans WILL RUN and keep doing it if we can't stop them. If we can make them earn it and not give up the big runs, I think we'll be ok.

Coochie liquor 12-09-2016 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 12608611)
Well, I think getting Houston back into the mix will help. As long as we can somewhat control it, we'll be ok. Last night Murray did rush for over 100 yards, BUT he didn't KILL us with the big take- it- to -the- house run. The Front 7 will have to step it up because the Titans WILL RUN and keep doing it if we can't stop them. If we can make them earn it and not give up the big runs, I think we'll be ok.

I hope the Titans and Dungkeys beat each other up. We've got 9 days to heal, and get a good gameplan on how to stop their running game (or at least slow it down). If we play run D the way we did in the second half, and Ten commits to the run it's gonna be a frustratingly long day. Hope Sutton can wave his wand and put something good together.
if we come out and turn the ball over in our end, and play conservative in the second half it's gonna likely not end the same way. I wish Andy understood how to put a game away better. Glad we won, but I'm worried about our run D.

scho63 12-09-2016 02:35 PM

Ultimate and perfect description of a trap game.

A game in between two division rivals at home.

pugsnotdrugs19 12-09-2016 02:39 PM

Gonna re-watch the game soon and focus on the front 7. Problem is they hardly ever had two ILBs in after DJ went out, so there isn't a lot to go off of for DJ Alexander.

Easy 6 12-09-2016 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 12608094)
If ever there was a trap game...

Agreed, this one has me a bit spooked for some reason

BWillie 12-09-2016 03:30 PM

Think the Chiefs lose this one. Gassed by the last 11 days with 3 football games. No DJ. Need to figure out how to adjust. BUT, I think we'll win our last two vs Dungver and a don't give a shit anymore Charger club.

stumppy 12-09-2016 03:30 PM

This is the one I've been most worried about. Their passing and running game are going to be a challenge.

DC.chief 12-09-2016 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 12608213)
4) They have a porous secondary, cut one of the starting CBs (Cox) and signed a JAG off the street to take his place

They actually promoted Kalan Reed (Mr Irrelevant) from PS to take Cox's place

KC_Lee 12-09-2016 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DC.chief (Post 12609378)
They actually promoted Kalan Reed (Mr Irrelevant) from PS to take Cox's place

Yeah, so super. Their secondary is still ass and KC should be able to exploit it all day will Hill and Maclin.

Shawny2X4 12-09-2016 04:23 PM

Don't get me wrong, the Titans are a good offense, but we have beaten better this year. We will have to do something about their running game, though.

DC.chief 12-09-2016 04:28 PM

We can't look past these guys. Their offense is good. Mariota has been playing his ass off. He's very accurate and just playing smart ball. They lead the league in redzone TD % at 72.50. Mariota's career redzone stats are just insane. something like 35 tds 0 Ints and a 115+ passer rating. But we have one of the better redzone defenses so we'll see how that works out.

Their run game is going to be a handful without DJ. Murray and Derrick Henry are a brutal combo. They have a top 5 oline too. I really think you could argue that they have the best tackle duo in the league. Their rookie RT Conklin has had a ridiculously good season so far. Conklin vs Houston is going to be fun to watch.

Their secondary is their weakness for sure but Dick Lebeau has done a good job masking that with schemes. They get good pressure up front. Jurrell Casey is a beast in the middle of that line and Orakpo and Morgan are pretty solid coming off the edge. Linebackers are meh.

With all the said we should win this if we play our game. Our special teams are superior. Our offense should be able to move the ball if we keep Alex clean. Kelce should go over 100 again and Hill will get his. We need to force Mariota into some mistakes and capitalize.

bigjosh 12-09-2016 04:39 PM

the titans are a 6-6 club that has not beat a team of merit yet. Also the teams they have abused offensively are some of the bottom defenses in the league. Im not going to say the chiefs are guaranteed this game, but they SHOULD win this game.

ToxSocks 12-09-2016 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 12609235)

No way this is a trap game. The Titans are in playoff contention. No way the Chiefs would overlook a team they very may well see in the Playoffs.

Mr. Laz 12-09-2016 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy Cheeks (Post 12608243)
Derrick Henry and Blount.

RBs like these are why I can see and even appreciate KC electing to bring back Mauga. While Mauga lacks range and athleticism, he can fill a run lane with physicality. He is actually crafty and opportunistic when playing short zones. KC needs that experience.

Mauga isn't that physical, he's not a hammer.

Mr. Laz 12-09-2016 04:50 PM

Quote:

I would hope that there isn't anymore trap games this year.

Our playoffs started last night.

We need to win every game from here on out.

OldSchool 12-09-2016 05:15 PM

8 in the box. Berry on Walker.

kcmaxwell 12-09-2016 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 12609515)
8 in the box. Berry on Walker.

This. Over and over, this.

kccrow 12-09-2016 05:36 PM

The Titans have a good O-line, including two really good OTs. They also have two really good, big, running backs and boast the 3rd ranked rushing attack in the NFL. I'm scared about our run D in this one. Getting pressure on Mariota isn't going to be easy either. This is a game the Chiefs D has to step up and be physical in or they will lose.

Offensively, the Chiefs passing game has to show up. This is the Titans weakness. They have the 26th ranked passing D while boasting the 7th ranked rush D. You have to put the ball up against their terrible secondary. The rest of the defense is decent and Morgan and Orakpo can bring heat off the edge (17 combined sacks).

I'm more worried about the Titans than I was about the Raiders. It's going to be a tough game that the Chiefs currently match up poorly in.

SAGA45 12-09-2016 05:40 PM

Too cute playcalling < throwback smashmouth football. Titans win this one.

Chiefs offense won't build a lead big enough to force Titans to abandon the run.

Titans run game is capable of punishing the Chiefs defense everytime the Chiefs offense goes three-and-out. Mariota's dual-threat capability doesn't help matters.

This just feels like an 'L' coming off a great, momentum- building win putting the Chiefs quest for the No. 1 seed, and possibly the division, in jeopardy. Feels like one of those "Andy Reid should be fired!" type of losses.

Sandy Vagina 12-09-2016 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 12609482)
Mauga isn't that physical, he's not a hammer.

He's not top shelf in any regard, but if his better attribute isn't physicality, then what is it? He seems like he can stuff run gaps better than any other current option, no?

Red Dawg 12-09-2016 05:47 PM

We had better learn to stop the run the rest of the year.

Sandy Vagina 12-09-2016 05:49 PM

Trying to understand the fear of Tennessee. Good OL and physical RBs, okay.. I get that concern. So, why are they just 6-6? I'm looking at their schedule so far, and can't say I'm all that impressed.

They beat DET by one point.. 16-15
They beat MIA
They beat CLE
They beat JAX

impressive win vs GB, I'll give em that.

They beat CHI

5 of these 6 wins, can't say I'm impressed. That doesn't mean their run game won't kick our ass and we lose.. just sayin'...

pugsnotdrugs19 12-09-2016 05:54 PM

Chiefs have a mini-bye week to prepare here. Extra time to figure out what they want to do about the defense at ILB.

It's possible that the run defense actually improves statistically without DJ, as they may be forced to play more heavy box defenses. Could hurt the passing defense in that case though.

Gotta trust Dorsey, Reid, and Sutton to figure this thing out.

SAGA45 12-09-2016 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 12609568)
Gotta trust Dorsey, Reid, and Sutton to figure this thing out.

I'd love if they entrusted the kid DJ Alexander to step in. I love his instincts...displayed em at Oregon State (I live in Pac-12 country)...has displayed em so far as a Chief. Kid can run and thump. Spends a lot of time in the opponent's backfield. Punishing hitter.

CaliforniaChief 12-09-2016 06:19 PM

Let's hope the Broncos defense wears them down all day...and then that the Titans find a way to win the game.

Yeah man coverage with a stacked box.

POND_OF_RED 12-09-2016 06:45 PM

Quote:

Tajae' Sharpe?
Kendall Wright?
Harry Douglas?

Rishard Mathews seems to be emerging as Mariota's favorite target. He's got 5 TD's in his last 5 games.

carcosa 12-09-2016 07:17 PM

Honestly I think the Chiefs will win!

FlaChief58 12-09-2016 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 12608034)
Someone has got to go into Medusa lair and not look at her directly in her eyes. Cut off her head and put it in a sack and then thrust it on the field so the Titans will all turn to stone. That's how we beat the Titans.

Now who is going into Medusas lair?

I was married to the bitch for 5 years. Not sure where she's at these days though.

splatbass 12-09-2016 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coochie liquor (Post 12608893)
I wish Andy understood how to put a game away better.

I think I read we are 22-3 in our last 25 games. He knows how to win games.

Hog's Gone Fishin 12-09-2016 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 12609340)
Agreed, this one has me a bit spooked for some reason

ROFL

You Idiot !

philfree 12-09-2016 10:01 PM

Quote:

There are no trap games at this point. Depending upon what happens this Sunday we may be able to clinch a playoff spot with a win against the Titans. We certainly can't afford to lose a game against and AFC team either. We have a long week to get "locked in" for the Titans. If we lose it won't be because we were looking ahead.

carcosa 12-09-2016 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 12609842)
I think I read we are 22-3 in our last 25 games. He knows how to win games.

I wish he could win without almost KILLING ME!!!

splatbass 12-09-2016 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carcosa (Post 12609856)
I wish he could win without almost KILLING ME!!!

I know. I am getting tired of these heart stoppers. But a win is a win.

Rasputin 12-09-2016 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flachief58 (Post 12609778)
I was married to the bitch for 5 years. Not sure where she's at these days though.

Don't feel bad. My brother married Sasquatch.

philfree 12-10-2016 01:16 AM

Forecast is a high of 19*.

Saccopoo 12-10-2016 01:20 AM

Tough game.

Our run D sucks and Titans have nothing but Run O. They are going to try to jam it down our throats.

The O has to be opened and the D needs to be schemed to counter ther offense.

Not an easy game.

Simply Red 12-10-2016 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 12610017)
Tough game.

Our run D sucks and Titans have nothing but Run O. They are going to try to jam it down our throats.

The O has to be opened and the D needs to be schemed to counter ther offense.

Not an easy game.

we'll be fine.

Saccopoo 12-10-2016 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 12610018)
we'll be fine.

I don't know...this game is more worrisome to me than the Raiders game, at least to me. In between two big division games, plays on our weaknesses.

Not an easy game as it would seem.

Coaching is going to be big in this one.

suzzer99 12-10-2016 01:40 AM

If the Chiefs can't decisively win this game, they will absolutely not contend for a Super Bowl this year. There is no scenario where a real superbowl threat Chiefs gets trapped by the Titans at home. So if we lose then maybe it was just smoke and mirrors the whole time.

Bl00dyBizkitz 12-10-2016 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 12610026)
I don't know...this game is more worrisome to me than the Raiders game, at least to me. In between two big division games, plays on our weaknesses.

Not an easy game as it would seem.

Coaching is going to be big in this one.

This.

It's always the "we should win these by a landslide" games that get us. We either just squeak away with a W or lose. Has being a Chiefs fan taught you guys nothing?

philfree 12-10-2016 01:52 AM

I see the Titans game as a tough game. Tennessee has looked pretty good at times this year and Marriota is a dual threat QB. A team still with a chance to win it's division. Yeah this is by no means and easy game.

splatbass 12-10-2016 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzzer99 (Post 12610029)
If the Chiefs can't decisively win this game, they will absolutely not contend for a Super Bowl this year. There is no scenario where a real superbowl threat Chiefs gets trapped by the Titans at home. So if we lose then maybe it was just smoke and mirrors the whole time.

10-3 with wins on the road against legit playoff teams is smoke and mirrors?

Undefeated within the toughest division in football is smoke and mirrors?

21-3 in our last 24 games is smoke and mirrors?

Really?

splatbass 12-10-2016 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 12610034)
I see the Titans game as a tough game. Tennessee has looked pretty good at times this year and Marriota is a dual threat QB. A team still with a chance to win it's division. Yeah this is by no means and easy game.

There really are no easy games in the NFL.

suzzer99 12-10-2016 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 12610036)

Really?

If we come out and lay an egg against the Titans at home? Yes. We're gonna be just another Chiefs regular season success story ending broken and beaten on the road in the playoffs.

Now do I feel that way about the Broncos at home or SD on the road? No. Divisional games are always a bitch - and both those teams are better than the Titans.

But we need to take care of the Titans. To quote the great Lou Saban: "We’re gonna get it done... what’s more, we gotta get it done."

splatbass 12-10-2016 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzzer99 (Post 12610040)
If we come out and lay an egg against the Titans at home? Yes. We're gonna be just another Chiefs regular season success story ending broken and beaten on the road somewhere.

Ridiculous. Until we lose in the playoffs the season isn't over and the story isn't written. Stop living in the 90s. Those teams have nothing to do with this team.

Right now we are essentially assured a playoff spot, and we have beaten a number of teams that we may face already. We have a good shot this year, despite what happens against Tenn.

Saccopoo 12-10-2016 02:12 AM

Three guys are going to have to be huge:

Bob Sutton.

- This is going to have to be a schemed game. Titans are going to think that they can run at will, or at least they will try. And Sutton is going to have to defend two big backs and a quality running QB out of the nickle/dime.

Dan Sorensen.
- This guy is our new DJ. No, not literally, but he's going to have to step into the shoes. He's been playing the second level as the ILB in the nickle and dime all season. He's going to see the position in basically any formation at this point. No, it's not going to be Wilson, Alexander or Zombo or anyone else. Sorensen has been the ILB next to DJ for a while now. He's done it well actually, but now he's going to be asked to take on NFL OG's/C's all game. Plus he's been one of the best special teams players all season as well. He's not going to get many breaks at this point.

Eric Berry.

- He's been All Pro level all season. Now he earns it all. He's going to have to play centerfield as well as come back up to the box and truck dudes.

I think that Berry is the guy that's going to have to really spy Mariota all game.

suzzer99 12-10-2016 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 12610043)
Ridiculous. Until we lose in the playoffs the season isn't over and the story isn't written. Stop living in the 90s. Those teams have nothing to do with this team.

Right now we are essentially assured a playoff spot, and we have beaten a number of teams that we may face already. We have a good shot this year, despite what happens against Tenn.

If we don't get a bye that's 3 games on the road to get to the SB. What happened last year in the game we won? Maclin went down while NE rested.

splatbass 12-10-2016 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzzer99 (Post 12610046)
If we don't get a bye that's 3 games on the road to get to the SB. What happened last year in the game we won? Maclin went down while NE rested.

Our road record is very good this year. We beat three probable playoff teams on the road already.

I'm really sick of the whole "Waaaaaahhhh, we lost playoff games in the 90s so we'll never win again!! Waaaaahhhh!!!" bullshit. Get over it already.

NJChiefsFan 12-10-2016 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzzer99 (Post 12610029)

So if they win, but not decisively, that's it? What teams are winning decisively every week? Especially against good teams. The Titans are a good team that a play a style offensively that works well on the road.

The one good thing is we are going to find out pretty quickly how our run defense manages without DJ. Just not expecting to like the results.

Chieftain58 12-10-2016 09:23 AM

Losing DJ was a big blow to our defense, When he went out they seemingly ran all over us.. Hali, Houston or Ford? For middle linebacker?

pugsnotdrugs19 12-10-2016 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 12610044)
Dan Sorensen.
- This guy is our new DJ. No, not literally, but he's going to have to step into the shoes. He's been playing the second level as the ILB in the nickle and dime all season. He's going to see the position in basically any formation at this point. No, it's not going to be Wilson, Alexander or Zombo or anyone else. Sorensen has been the ILB next to DJ for a while now. He's done it well actually, but now he's going to be asked to take on NFL OG's/C's all game. Plus he's been one of the best special teams players all season as well.

No way, Sac. Reid already said Friday that he would have to gain considerable weight to fill that role. Idk why they weren't using Alexander more Thursday cause Carr couldn't throw it for anything.

They will keep the same defensive approach in terms of how they use Sorensen in the dime package it sounded like.

pugsnotdrugs19 12-10-2016 11:24 AM

I expect a lot of heavy DL looks against Tennessee. We need to keep their OL off of our backers.

I can see a lot of 3-3-5 looks coming. On the LOS you have Ford-Jones-Poe-RNR-Houston with Ramik playing at ILB. I need to go back and look at some of our defenses from 2014, as we are liable to use that approach a lot, whatever it was.

Bob Dole 12-10-2016 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 12610036)

Really?

Not sustainable. /CP

Halfcan 12-10-2016 12:28 PM

We need our offense to start playing 4 good quarters a game instead of 1.

I don't think the Titans have anyone that can cover Hill or Kelsey. We need to push it to these guys and get the running game going to keep the Titans offense off the field.

Should be a tight game but the Chiefs will win.

ThaVirus 12-10-2016 12:54 PM

Isn't this game @ TEN?

RINGLEADER 12-10-2016 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 12610399)
Isn't this game @ TEN?

No. Arrowhead.

SAGA45 12-10-2016 12:58 PM

This would be a good game for Reid to dust off any designed runs for Sherman