ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Fanspeak's most drafted player for KC. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=304869)

Direckshun 01-02-2017 04:51 AM

Fanspeak's most drafted player for KC.

Fanspeak, for all its faults, is super entertaining at least.

One thing they've compiled this year is the most frequently drafted player by each team.

Ours?

RB Christian McCaffrey, Stanford

SAGA45 01-02-2017 10:35 AM

That's a polarizing pick. Some would be infuriated...others would see the logic behind it. Depends on who else is there and when he's drafted.

DJ's left nut 01-02-2017 02:56 PM

Hate.

Bewbies 01-02-2017 02:57 PM

Schwing!

O.city 01-02-2017 03:02 PM

Meh, there's others I'd rather take.

GloucesterChief 01-02-2017 05:08 PM

1st rd? Huge reach. McCaffery doesn't do well when he has to shift in the backfield. Looking at the Ds in the AFCW? Yeah that is a no go.

RealSNR 01-02-2017 05:52 PM

How do people think McCaffrey would rate in Dorsey's Decision Lens?

That's what we should really be asking

The Franchise 01-02-2017 05:55 PM

**** that. I'd rather take Cook in the 1st over McCaffrey. Plus you know that the Broncos will find a way to draft him.

Direckshun 01-02-2017 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 12656830)
How do people think McCaffrey would rate in Dorsey's Decision Lens?

That's what we should really be asking

Very good question.

You could argue that Tyreek Hill makes McCaffrey redundant.

Dante84 01-02-2017 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 12656902)
Very good question.

Along with West, Ware, Reaves and potentially Jamaal on a reduced contract.

Unless it is a slam-dunk feature back like Zeke, I don't think this makes sense at all.

Beyond that, I don't think it is a Dorsey pick, either. He drafts his early picks at postions we will be replacing in a year or two. ILB, TE2, QB, or even Edge are where I think we will go early

Edge is big because with Houston yo-yo'ing the injury list, Hali's age, and now Dadi out for next year, we could be thin quick.

RunKC 01-02-2017 10:22 PM

I would rather draft an OL in the first. That's how much I hate McCaffrey

Direckshun 01-03-2017 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 12657054)
Along with West, Ware, Reaves and potentially Jamaal on a reduced contract.

Unless it is a slam-dunk feature back like Zeke, I don't think this makes sense at all.

Beyond that, I don't think it is a Dorsey pick, either. He drafts his early picks at postions we will be replacing in a year or two. ILB, TE2, QB, or even Edge are where I think we will go early

Edge is big because with Houston yo-yo'ing the injury list, Hali's age, and now Dadi out for next year, we could be thin quick.

We have impending vacancies at DL in 2018 (assuming Poe is franchised) and OL. Dorsey is probably most interested in investing in the trenches.

DJ's left nut 01-03-2017 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 12657392)
I would rather draft an OL in the first. That's how much I hate McCaffrey

Likewise.

How the hell many waterbugs does a team need? We have a faster, quicker, more agile version of him already on the team.

Unless you think Hill is going to just become Antonio Brown (which may be under-utilizing him, oddly enough), you don't need McCaffrey. McCaffrey is not an every down RB.

Dante84 01-03-2017 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 12657619)
We have impending vacancies at DL in 2018 (assuming Poe is franchised) and OL. Dorsey is probably most interested in investing in the trenches.

True, but he's proven the ability to find solid, immediate impact OL talent in the 2nd/3rd range.

With the emergence of Jones, and the retention of Bailey, Howard, Nacho, I'm not sure we use a first there. We seem to find late round depth gems at that group as well.

I think ILB or Edge is where we end up, with the potential for QB if a worthy guy drops.

carcosa 01-03-2017 03:56 PM

Feels like the white pick!

Black Bob 01-08-2017 06:23 PM

If we take a RB, I hope it's Dalvin Cook, RB, FSU. He is really good all around and can really catch the ball. He has the potential to be great.

That said, we shouldn't take a RB in the first. We have 3-4 already.

CoMoChief 01-08-2017 07:54 PM

I would never draft a RB earlier than rd 4

RB's grow on trees, you can find them anywhere.

This team is going to need to replace Berry or Poe.

Doubt the Chiefs are gonna be able to retain both.

This team also needs a ILB, OLB and WR. Time to move away from the Maclin era.

Great Expectations 01-08-2017 09:38 PM

Mixon out of OU would fit our offense really well. Great receiver, very fast, a little wiggle and very powerful.

Mecca 01-10-2017 07:06 AM

Dalvin Cook likely won't make it to the Chiefs pick but he'd be a great fit here. He'd let the Chiefs move on from Charles, and move Ware and West into backup role where they probably should be.

I generally agree with the RB's are a dime a dozen remarks but there are some exceptions. If you need a guy who can hit homeruns and make big plays those guys are not a dime a dozen.

Black Bob 01-10-2017 07:45 AM

Reuben Foster, MLB, Alabama was a badass last night. He's fast, disruptive, instinctive, smart, and a leader. I'd be fine with it if he fell to us and we took him in the first round.

O.city 01-10-2017 09:52 AM

I'm guessing foster goes top 15,20. Seems that 12-17 spot is where lbers tend to fall.

DJ's left nut 01-10-2017 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Bob (Post 12672768)
Reuben Foster, MLB, Alabama was a badass last night. He's fast, disruptive, instinctive, smart, and a leader. I'd be fine with it if he fell to us and we took him in the first round.

He looked good.

I'm still not sure that I saw much in the way of coverage skills and I think those are paramount in Sutton's system, but he's definitely an NFL player of some sort.

I wonder if he's not more of a 4-3 SAM backer who comes out in nickel packages.

O.city 01-10-2017 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12672921)
He looked good.

I'm still not sure that I saw much in the way of coverage skills and I think those are paramount in Sutton's system, but he's definitely an NFL player of some sort.

I wonder if he's not more of a 4-3 SAM backer who comes out in nickel packages.

I think it is, but I'm not sure how much. I mean, with as much as we're in nickel and dime, I don't think it's a killer.

He looks like an athlete than can play moving forward or sideways.

I'm almost of the opinion that I'd trade up for him but the cost would be too much.

O.city 01-10-2017 10:04 AM

It's also crazy to me that we are so quick to move away from Maclin. He's a year away from his best season and had a banged up weird year. It's not like he's 33 or something

DJ's left nut 01-10-2017 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 12672934)
I think it is, but I'm not sure how much. I mean, with as much as we're in nickel and dime, I don't think it's a killer.

He looks like an athlete than can play moving forward or sideways.

I'm almost of the opinion that I'd trade up for him but the cost would be too much.

And our run defense has suffered because of the amount of Nickel we play. And that's WITH our best run-defender still on the field in Nickel packages (DJ).

If you had Foster replace DJ and still played that amount of Nickel, you'd see him exposed a fair amount if he stayed on the field or you'd see the run defense suffer if he didn't.

This scheme needs a lot of versatility in the #1 ILB slot. I'm not saying Foster doesn't have it as I can't claim to have seen him play a ton. I'm just saying that what I've seen from him hasn't demonstrated it.

The powers that be will need to do a fair amount of study on him in coverage and I'm sure they will.

O.city 01-10-2017 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12673002)
And our run defense has suffered because of the amount of Nickel we play. And that's WITH our best run-defender still on the field in Nickel packages (DJ).

If you had Foster replace DJ and still played that amount of Nickel, you'd see him exposed a fair amount if he stayed on the field or you'd see the run defense suffer if he didn't.

This scheme needs a lot of versatility in the #1 ILB slot. I'm not saying Foster doesn't have it as I can't claim to have seen him play a ton. I'm just saying that what I've seen from him hasn't demonstrated it.

The powers that be will need to do a fair amount of study on him in coverage and I'm sure they will.

Exposed as what though? In the pass game? Maybe a little, but as with dj, it isn't like they're having him cover tight ends much. I mean, I'd like to think he can run with rbs a little.

They need to invest in some fast physical linebackers that are well rounded. I assume, based on the projections and what I've saw foster is both.

Ideally, they'd get 2 stud lbers that don't have to come off the field. I think that's why the 9er d was so strong. They could cover the pass out of base sets some so you couldn't run on them.

But as you've said, I don't know if foster can be that. Coming from that bama d, I always worry about skill vs just being adequate due to talent around them.

I've watched some Cunningham clips and I could easily shift to him. He's good.

DJ's left nut 01-10-2017 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 12673021)
Exposed as what though? In the pass game? Maybe a little, but as with dj, it isn't like they're having him cover tight ends much. I mean, I'd like to think he can run with rbs a little.

They need to invest in some fast physical linebackers that are well rounded. I assume, based on the projections and what I've saw foster is both.

Ideally, they'd get 2 stud lbers that don't have to come off the field. I think that's why the 9er d was so strong. They could cover the pass out of base sets some so you couldn't run on them.

But as you've said, I don't know if foster can be that. Coming from that bama d, I always worry about skill vs just being adequate due to talent around them.

I've watched some Cunningham clips and I could easily shift to him. He's good.

It's an experience thing. Foster isn't asked to do much in the middle zones and so it would take some time for him to develop there. That's what makes DJ so good in the passing game - he just knows where to be. It seems innate with him.

Foster may well have the physical tools to be a 3-down backer but so have a lot of 'bama backers. They simply lack the innate feel for it and don't have a good idea of what to do with themselves in space.

O.city 01-10-2017 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12673051)
It's an experience thing. Foster isn't asked to do much in the middle zones and so it would take some time for him to develop there. That's what makes DJ so good in the passing game - he just knows where to be. It seems innate with him.

Foster may well have the physical tools to be a 3-down backer but so have a lot of 'bama backers. They simply lack the innate feel for it and don't have a good idea of what to do with themselves in space.

In the past, yes.

I think they've tweeted their ILBs a bit and they've become more ready. Mosley has transitioned well.

I think it's more about the player himself. So many of them were slow footed downhill types and they've gone more to smaller athletes.

Or atleast it seems that way to my untrained eye.

DaneMcCloud 01-10-2017 01:55 PM

I don't think Foster or Cunningham will be around when the Chiefs pick.

If they go ILB, it'll likely be Raekwon McMillan.

I'd love to see Dalvin Cook or OJ Howard when they pick but I don't think those guys will be there, either.

DJ's left nut 01-10-2017 02:48 PM

Not a chance they take McMillan, not in the 1st anyway.

He doesn't even begin to fit what they need. He's this year's Reggie Ragland.

If he fell to us in the 2nd, I'd be on board. But if he's the best ILB on the board by the time we pick, there's a better player available somewhere else.

I've changed my mind on guys many a time and perhaps the combine will convince me otherwise (I can be a bit of a measurables whore, especially when it comes to shuttle drills and 3-cone times), but I'd need to see something to change my mind on him. He just seems too stiff to be a 3-down player and I'm not spending a 1st on a 2-down run-stuffing ILB.

Benardrick McKinney is a guy I liked a couple of years ago and I'd have gladly taken him in the 2nd. If McMillan could show to be a slightly more versatile version of McKinney, I could talk myself into it.

DaneMcCloud 01-10-2017 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12673549)

I don't think they'll take an ILBer in the 1st but my best guess, depending on his Combine numbers, would be McMillian.

But I think there will be more talented players available in the late first than McMillan.

The Franchise 01-10-2017 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12673549)

He doesn't even begin to fit what they need. He's this year's Reggie Ragland.

If he fell to us in the 2nd, I'd be on board. But if he's the best ILB on the board by the time we pick, there's a better player available somewhere else.

I've changed my mind on guys many a time and perhaps the combine will convince me otherwise (I can be a bit of a measurables whore, especially when it comes to shuttle drills and 3-cone times), but I'd need to see something to change my mind on him. He just seems too stiff to be a 3-down player and I'm not spending a 1st on a 2-down run-stuffing ILB.

Benardrick McKinney is a guy I liked a couple of years ago and I'd have gladly taken him in the 2nd. If McMillan could show to be a slightly more versatile version of McKinney, I could talk myself into it.

God I wish we had McKinney.

DJ's left nut 01-10-2017 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12673593)
God I wish we had McKinney.

I'll keep Marcus.

I remember watching that 2nd round unfold and thinking with about 7-8 picks left until ours that we were definitely going to get a shot at Hendricks or McKinney at worst (after calling everyone that insisted we should take Hendricks in the first round morons).

And then in the span of 4-5 picks they both went off the board.

You really can't complain about a draft where you go All-Pro with your first, then starting center, then 2 guys contributing in a big way by year 2 in rounds 2-4. Then Ramik, DJ and RNR in rounds 5-7.

Christ man, that's a draft and a half right there. But still, I would've loved to have snagged one of those two ILBs in the 2nd.

The Franchise 01-10-2017 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12673617)
I'll keep Marcus.

I remember watching that 2nd round unfold and thinking with about 7-8 picks left until ours that we were definitely going to get a shot at Hendricks or McKinney at worst (after calling everyone that insisted we should take Hendricks in the first round morons).

And then in the span of 4-5 picks they both went off the board.

You really can't complain about a draft where you go All-Pro with your first, then starting center, then 2 guys contributing in a big way by year 2 in rounds 2-4. Then Ramik, DJ and RNR in rounds 5-7.

Christ man, that's a draft and a half right there. But still, I would've loved to have snagged one of those two ILBs in the 2nd.

Yeah.....I'm not saying that I'd trade him for Peters or Morse. Just that it would be ****ing nice to have him on our team right now.

Great Expectations 01-11-2017 09:08 PM

Mixon's receiving skills would be great for us.

https://youtu.be/ejLsE8vz7g4

kccrow 01-11-2017 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Great Expectations (Post 12676486)
Mixon's receiving skills would be great for us.

https://youtu.be/ejLsE8vz7g4

No.

Great Expectations 01-12-2017 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 12676558)
No.

Why?

kccrow 01-13-2017 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Great Expectations (Post 12677059)
Why?

I give Tyreek a bit of a pass given the heat of passion and whatnot with a girl, but Mixon is a ****ing total piece of shit. I will not in any way champion Mixon for anything. **** him.

Great Expectations 01-13-2017 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 12679317)
I give Tyreek a bit of a pass given the heat of passion and whatnot with a girl, but Mixon is a ****ing total piece of shit. I will not in any way champion Mixon for anything. **** him.

https://rufwriters.com/2016/12/20/in...ngs-new-facts/

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextr...17857d2e5.html

kccrow 01-13-2017 03:56 PM

I watched the video. Kid punched a woman straight in the face, check that and instead insert knocked her the **** out, because she slapped him. I don't give a **** about the rest of it.

Great Expectations 01-13-2017 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 12680142)
I watched the video. Kid punched a woman straight in the face, check that and instead insert knocked her the **** out, because she slapped him. I don't give a **** about the rest of it.

i don't see how you can support what Hill did and his second chance and not mixon. Hills appears worse to me, both acts are deplorable, but a one minute choke and the punching the baby bump is worse than receiving racial slurs, being hit and then hitting.

MahiMike 01-13-2017 07:46 PM

I remember watching this guy play for Western Michigan and was mesmerized.

Corey Davis.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...2017&genpos=WR

Great Expectations 01-13-2017 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 12679317)

And btw you give Tyreek a pass because he scores touchdowns, don't act like it's fir any other reason.

Great Expectations 01-13-2017 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 12680593)
I remember watching this guy play for Western Michigan and was mesmerized.

Corey Davis.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...2017&genpos=WR

Nice info, I remember the chiefs targeting Greg Jennings in the 2nd round and the Packers trading up a couple of spots in front of us to get him. I think we wound up with Pollard instead.

kccrow 01-14-2017 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Great Expectations (Post 12680707)
And btw you give Tyreek a pass because he scores touchdowns, don't act like it's fir any other reason.

Did you see my posts, Mr. Mixon, about how I didn't approve of the Tyreek pick? I don't condone the actions of either.

Tyreek acted in the heat of passion, something that is well understood by many that have been in a heated argument with a spouse or loved one. I would say that there is no more of a volatile situation than arguing with a loved one. That doesn't mean I think Tyreek was in any way right, I just know that emotions can reach a point where you have to step away or you'll end up doing what Tyreek did. He's continued counseling and has done right so far, so I respect him for it but I don't forget what he's done. Scoring touchdowns is his job, and his job supports his son. I have more faith in Tyreek to continue the good path for that reason than I do for a player with no reason.

The Joe Mixon situation bothers me in a different way. The result is the same, he hit a woman. The reasons are not the same. Joe Mixon couldn't back away from a drunk college girl calling him names and blowing smoke at him. There's no inherent reason to become that heated in that situation. He has no emotional tie to this woman. While becoming upset would be a natural reaction, leaving the situation was easy. There's nothing between him and her that matters. He sought her out as much as she did him. He could have left after the altercation outside, yet follows her in. He threatens to hit her before she pushes/slaps him. That's a premeditation of sorts. Mixon received a similar punishment as Tyreek, but not quite as severe.

These aren't the same story unfolding. This isn't the Ray Rice story unfolding (more similar to Tyreek). Mixon scares me that he'll be a repeat offender given the basis for his out-lash. I'm not as apt to give this kid a second chance. I'm also of the belief that a franchise can only take on so many reclamation projects. Even one can implode, but you're asking for something to unravel if you continue to add this type of player to your roster. The Chiefs already have a firecracker in Marcus Peters that they've managed to tame to this point.

I've become much more apt to second chances, but Joe Mixon needs to find his elsewhere. Joe Mixon, if given the chance, is going to score TDs in the NFL just like Tyreek. Mixon is a talented player. It isn't about the TDs.

DaneMcCloud 01-14-2017 12:01 PM

If the Chiefs select Joe Mixon, I might just call it a day.

Good grief.

nbarone007 01-14-2017 01:28 PM

I believe in 2nd chances. Andy Reid believes in 2nd chances and has helped many players better their careers.

This team should not pass on Joe Mixon if they have the opportunity to take him.

DJ's left nut 01-17-2017 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nbarone007 (Post 12681764)
I believe in 2nd chances. Andy Reid believes in 2nd chances and has helped many players better their careers.

This team should not pass on Joe Mixon if they have the opportunity to take him.

"I'm cool taking any piece of human garbage if he runs fast or hits hard."

Save yourself some keystrokes next time.

beach tribe 01-20-2017 12:09 AM

Terrible pick.

beach tribe 01-20-2017 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12693027)
"I'm cool taking any piece of human garbage if he runs fast or hits hard."

Save yourself some keystrokes next time.

I'll forgive anything as long as they dont do it twice.

Well maybe not anything, but almost.

Couch-Potato 01-20-2017 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 12656902)
Very good question.

He's an interesting choice, but I agree that he's redundant with Tyreek on the roster. If we believe that McCaffrey can tote the rock as our #1, and Tyreek can play almost exclusively at WR & Returner, then it could workout.

BryanBusby 01-20-2017 11:49 AM

If you're gonna go nwo, might as well go all the ****in way imo

Mixon is only viewed worse than Tyreek because there was video of what he did.

kccrow 01-20-2017 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 12698647)
If you're gonna go nwo, might as well go all the ****in way imo

Mixon is only viewed worse than Tyreek because there was video of what he did.

I don't think so. I can't imagine a video of Tyreek would be all that appealing now would it?

Crime of Passion vs. Crime of Stupidity - to me that's the difference.

BryanBusby 01-20-2017 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 12698666)
I don't think so. I can't imagine a video of Tyreek would be all that appealing now would it?

Crime of Passion vs. Crime of Stupidity - to me that's the difference.

That's a really stupid argument tbh. Both should not punch a ****ing woman.

The End

You can also disagree, but Ray Rice was only gonna get a slap on the wrist until video was released of him knocking the **** out of his fiancee in a elevator. Video changes a lot.

Either way, not this ****ing argument again.

kccrow 01-20-2017 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 12698672)
That's a really stupid argument tbh. Both should not punch a ****ing woman.

The End

You can also disagree, but Ray Rice was only gonna get a slap on the wrist until video was released of him knocking the **** out of his fiancee in a elevator. Video changes a lot.

Either way, not this ****ing argument again.

I wholeheartedly agree with part 1. That was a big reason I was very against the Hill pick. It's a big reason I'm against selecting Mixon. I think the difference in the "give him a 2nd chance" opinion for me on Hill v. Mixon is that Hill did something incredibly stupid, and something I do not condone, in an entirely different context. A context I am far more willing to concede a second chance to than the one in which Mixon committed his crime. And I retain very mixed feelings about Tyreek Hill. I'm hopeful he continues counseling after his 3 year requirement is up, but I'm fearful he won't. I think he's a young man yet with quite a few more external influences now. I'm optimistic, but I'd be far less optimistic with more people like him on the team.

BryanBusby 01-20-2017 02:53 PM

Both dudes deserve another chance if they can stay out of trouble and show sincere remorse for what they've done.

kccrow 01-20-2017 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 12699124)
Both dudes deserve another chance if they can stay out of trouble and show sincere remorse for what they've done.

Doesn't mean both deserve it IN KC. We have one. We don't need 2. Period.

BryanBusby 01-20-2017 05:03 PM

If he can perform, can be had with minimal investment and can turn things around than I don't see the issue.

Great Expectations 01-24-2017 10:18 AM

I think what hill did was worse than mixon. Both are deplorable, but the trying to kill the baby punch then choke is a lot worse than being called the N word, being hit in the face and then punching back.

Again both are awful. Mixon appears to have learned from his mistake and any contract with him will obviously contain some morality clauses.

Great Expectations 01-26-2017 08:25 PM

http://www.tmz.com/2017/01/26/joe-mixon-hospital-visit/

Great Expectations 02-03-2017 11:28 AM

Kyle Crabbs @NDTScouting
Knew film was strong before watching 6 games in succession but WOW. Best RB Ive seen in 5 yrs. Don't envy NFL for deciding when to invest.
Follow
Kyle Crabbs @NDTScouting
Film scores only (no production, size, experience or off field) since 2014 Draft:
1. Joe Mixon
2. Todd Gurley
3. Dalvin Cook
4. Zeke Elliott
11:16 PM - 1 Feb 2017
104 104 Retweets 104 104 likes

kccrow 02-03-2017 04:10 PM

You're so up in this kid's jock, I'd think you were his baby mama. So, he's changed so much that he had a verbal altercation with a parking attendant over a ticket this year and got suspended a game for that. Kid has to learn to shut up and play ball. He's a top 50 talent that's going to be lucky to get drafted, and if he does I doubt it's before round 6.

Chief Northman 02-03-2017 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 12725037)
You're so up in this kid's jock, I'd think you were his baby mama. So, he's changed so much that he had a verbal altercation with a parking attendant over a ticket this year and got suspended a game for that. Kid has to learn to shut up and play ball. He's a top 50 talent that's going to be lucky to get drafted, and if he does I doubt it's before round 6.

Lol. C'mon crow, you know this kid isn't getting out of round 2 or 3.

Teams will cite what Hill accomplished in KC and think they can duplicate the on-field success while trying to keep a lower profile around him.
The problem is his assault went viral, and he was a featured guy for an elite program with a huge national following.

DaneMcCloud 02-03-2017 07:08 PM

Joe Mixon isn't invited to The Combine.

That should give you guys an idea of what the NFL thinks about the guy.

Chief Northman 02-03-2017 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12725242)
Joe Mixon isn't invited to The Combine.

That should give you guys an idea of what the NFL thinks about the guy.

Teams are going to follow the lead of "the shield"? You mean the league offices that eventually say the right things, but do not practice what they preach? How many strikes were guys like Aldon Smith and Greg Hardy given? The Giants kicker also was sheltered from backlash until there was public outcry, largely because of the pull the Mara family has with the league. The whole player safety and concussion management strategies are a joke as well. It is ridiculous to think that the Chiefs maybe fined or lose draft picks for the handling of the Conley situation given that the NFL has its own medical examiners present at every game. This is totally the "cover your ass" approach by the league.

League offices are meddling too much with franchises already: perceived influences of whom teams should now draft would be even more criminal. I'm not saying Mixon deserves to be picked early, but his talent warrants it. Mr. Mixon can put a lot of butts in those seats that the league loves to sell. Ratings Ratings Ratings

Didn't Chiefs fans almost as a collective bitch about the Fisher holding call and how the Steelers got that call because of who they are as a franchise as opposed to the lowly insignificant Chiefs? Many argued Brady, Rodgers, Roethlisberger, etc. would have had the benefit of the officials looking the other way to complete such a play. Star power.

One team won't be able to resist Mr. Mixon.