ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Destiny 2 Discussion Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=306863)

007 03-30-2017 12:17 PM

Destiny 2 Discussion Thread

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/YVTL5Zbk-XE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Trailer is out for the sequel. While I love Cayde 6, I don't like that they decided to make him comic relief here. But its a game so....

9/8/2017

Destiny 2 gameplay reveal: May 18
Beta access around July

They are doing Expansion packs again. Hopefully they don't just feel like tack-ons this time.

Trent Green GOAT 03-30-2017 07:50 PM

Will this one actually be a complete game at launch?

007 03-30-2017 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trent Green GOAT (Post 12803795)
Will this one actually be a complete game at launch?

I'm betting against it

jiveturkey 03-31-2017 10:15 AM

Already pre-ordered the digital edition.

Pueblo Chieftan 03-31-2017 05:34 PM

Not to say this game will be bad guaranteed but there's no way to tell if it's even good quality yet. I mean what are you gonna do...I'm going to preorder the game.

kjwood75nro 03-31-2017 06:39 PM

Never understood pre-ordering.

"Sure, I'll pay full price to be a beta-tester for a game that may not be good or even finished."

Seems to incentivize rolling out incomplete, broken shit, knowing they have millions locked in ahead of time.

Just patch it up later, assuming the game remains profitable enough to justify it. Otherwise, tough luck.

And, assuming you HAVE to have it 1st day, it seems unlikely that a scarcity could happen with digital copies.

keg in kc 05-18-2017 04:21 PM

<iframe width="377" height="237" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/jn1dML6RC5w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Clyde Frog 05-18-2017 05:29 PM

Still 30 FPS on consoles and no dedicated servers :(

Looks dope as f**k though. I like the new changes in gameplay with the longer ability cool downs, double primary slots and special/heavy occupying the same slot. Also, all PVP modes will be 4v4 aka Halo on crack.

Buck 05-18-2017 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clyde Frog (Post 12880103)

Looks dope as f**k though. I like the new changes in gameplay with the longer ability cool downs, double primary slots and special/heavy occupying the same slot. Also, all PVP modes will be 4v4 aka Halo on crack.

Time to get a PC

kcxiv 05-19-2017 01:58 AM

Day 1 PC version. Well when it makes its way to the blizzard app. Destiny PVP is going to be insane on PC. Cant wait.

Clyde Frog 05-19-2017 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 12880181)
Time to get a PC

Then I gotta play against you MKB dudes and get destroyed but at least I wont get wall banged. Decisions, decisions.

ToxSocks 05-19-2017 03:41 PM

Just read that this game will be using Blizzard's Battle.net client for PC, and will integrate the Bnet Friends/Chat system.

Trent Green GOAT 05-20-2017 05:10 AM

The last time I played destiny was in 2014 with that god awful loot system. Hopefully it's been rectified in destiny 2.

jiveturkey 05-20-2017 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trent Green GOAT (Post 12881884)
The last time I played destiny was in 2014 with that god awful loot system. Hopefully it's been rectified in destiny 2.

It was rectified with the Taken King a year and a half back and improved even further with additional updates. The current loot system is way more forgiving.

kcxiv 05-21-2017 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clyde Frog (Post 12881123)
Then I gotta play against you MKB dudes and get destroyed but at least I wont get wall banged. Decisions, decisions.

I didnt start playing FPS games until about 2 and a half years ago at the age of 37. It takes some getting used too, but you will get it down, just takes practice! Im also left handed which makes it more of a bitch using M/KB

kcxiv 05-21-2017 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 12881131)
Just read that this game will be using Blizzard's Battle.net client for PC, and will integrate the Bnet Friends/Chat system.

discord is all you need for your friends/chat system.

keg in kc 05-22-2017 12:44 PM

Read today about how they're getting rid of the grimoire cards in lieu of in-game lore. One of my biggest (and one of my few...) complaints about the original game.

Although I did quit playing before Rise of Iron, it was primarily because I didn't feel like spending money on PS Plus just to play Destiny. I played a shitton of the game prior to that. I've spent most of the last year playing Neverwinter, although I did reboot my PS Plus in March for Andromeda's multiplayer. I'm thinking I'll probably just run through the stuff I've missed in July and August just to catch up.

Clyde Frog 06-13-2017 01:31 PM

Looks like its releasing early and on all consoles, same day.

Screenshot.
Confirmed by Activision that Destiny 2 will be released on September 6th.
Confirmed by Luke Smith will be on all consoles Sep 6th.
Destiny2 E3 Video

Beta Dates:

Playstation 4 (pre-order): July 18 at 10am PDT
Xbox One (pre-order): July 19 at 10am PDT
Open Beta (PS+X1): July 21 at 10am PDT
Beta Ends: July 23 at 9pm PDT
PC Beta: Sometime August
PC Release Date: October 24th

Aspengc8 06-13-2017 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clyde Frog (Post 12880103)

4k @ 60fps for xb1x supposedly. ill prob get a copy onnpc and xb1x so i can play with all my buds.

Pants 06-13-2017 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 12915090)
4k @ 60fps for xb1x supposedly. ill prob get a copy onnpc and xb1x so i can play with all my buds.

Just saw that all console versions (PS4, PS4P, Xbox One and Xbox One X) will be locked to 30 FPS to ensure a level playing field (same experience) across all platforms or some shit like that.

PC has uncapped FPS.

LMAO LMAO

kcxiv 06-15-2017 08:50 AM

yeah, im ordering the PC game. ill wait a month, but its a no brainer. Look at the PC video of the game, looks ****ing amazing.

Gravedigger 06-15-2017 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 12915423)
Just saw that all console versions (PS4, PS4P, Xbox One and Xbox One X) will be locked to 30 FPS to ensure a level playing field (same experience) across all platforms or some shit like that.

PC has uncapped FPS.

LMAO LMAO

Yeah, when I saw that I was thinking "What's the point of buying a $500 console if you can't even utilize it?" The only reason I would buy an X1X is for the UHD 4k native blu ray player and the eventual backwards compatibility.

jiveturkey 06-15-2017 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 12917706)
Yeah, when I saw that I was thinking "What's the point of buying a $500 console if you can't even utilize it?" The only reason I would buy an X1X is for the UHD 4k native blu ray player and the eventual backwards compatibility.

I'm rocking a PS Pro and playing in 4k is a definite selling point IMO.

Clyde Frog 07-17-2017 07:24 PM

Beta drops tomorrow for PS4 @ 10am PT, boiis and guurls.

keg in kc 07-24-2017 05:44 PM

So I didn't play the beta a ton, but I really liked everything I did. If there'd been some patrol open like Old Russia was in the D1 beta I'd have logged more time, but really I only did the story mission on each class and ran through the strike once. Which is fine. No point in burning out on one story mission and one control map 6 weeks before launch. I thought Homecoming was at least comparable to the best missions in D1 (better than any IMO, actually) and I thought inverted spire was fun to play through. So all-in-all happy with my preorder.

IGN posted this today, and this is exactly the kind of stuff I am looking most forward to...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/C5QlGmv8-5c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DaveNull 07-24-2017 06:01 PM

My experience has been about the same as Keg's. I really liked the first mission. Still not sure how I'm feeling about the changes in PvP, but as I get used to it and SBMM kicks in I'm sure it's going to be just fine.

keg in kc 07-24-2017 07:42 PM

Other than being all 4x4, I wouldn't worry much about PvP. The build for beta was months old, and they'd already been tuning cooldowns, etc, long before any open beta feedback. I'm sure play in general will feel a little more like the first game by the time it's live. Although I never really thought the gameplay was a big issue this weekend. Not once I got used to everything.

This beta felt much more like an actual beta and not like a demo, which was what the original game's beta basically was. This time seemed to be about getting lots of players for testing/stressing architecture and infrastructure.

007 07-25-2017 03:37 PM

Not overly impressed at this point. The new mechanics are odd. The game moves slower. The strike is boring as ****.

Really sucks for the people that only play PvE because there is nothing to do in the beta if you have played the strike more than twice. It really seems that they are only working on PvP.

Clyde Frog 07-25-2017 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007 (Post 12973299)
Not overly impressed at this point. The new mechanics are odd. The game moves slower. The strike is boring as ****.

Really sucks for the people that only play PvE because there is nothing to do in the beta if you have played the strike more than twice. It really seems that they are only working on PvP.

They are ****ing up by not balancing PVP and PVE separately. We're supposed to feel like God destroyers so why not have us badass (at end game levels) in PVE and on a lower level in PVP (since we're all God killing, undead, space magic wielding warriors)? Feels too much like Halo. Movement feels clunky and slow. Supers come way too late in matches. Its at the point where I feel like Im rushing to use it instead of trying to save it to turn a match or win an impossible encounter.

007 07-26-2017 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clyde Frog (Post 12974098)
They are ****ing up by not balancing PVP and PVE separately. We're supposed to feel like God destroyers so why not have us badass (at end game levels) in PVE and on a lower level in PVP (since we're all God killing, undead, space magic wielding warriors)? Feels too much like Halo. Movement feels clunky and slow. Supers come way too late in matches. Its at the point where I feel like Im rushing to use it instead of trying to save it to turn a match or win an impossible encounter.

I really don't understand all this focus on PVP over PvE. There is no reason not to separate them. I don't believe for a second it can't be done. If so, its very poor game design.

Buck 08-28-2017 02:37 PM

So good on PC

keg in kc 08-28-2017 02:40 PM

So much good video/press in the last week. I've just been too busy to post any of it.

I love this tidbit from today:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">PSA: In D2 it&#39;s no longer advantageous to equip your most powerful gear when decrypting Engrams. We check for your best possible loadout now</p>&mdash; Mark Noseworthy (@knowsworthy) <a href="https://twitter.com/knowsworthy/status/902025264036691969">August 28, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

DanBecky 08-28-2017 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 13042601)
So good on PC

Played like an hour earlier. Got damn. So smooth.

keg in kc 08-31-2017 11:40 AM

Pre-loaded and ready to go bay-bay!!!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/LSxElWwWVFE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DanBecky 08-31-2017 03:46 PM

Less than a week away. I'm giddy. Haven't been excited for a game release in some time. 2 years maybe. Loved everything I've seen so far.

keg in kc 08-31-2017 05:33 PM

Oh my ****ing god. ROFL

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/v4q5SmANkLg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

007 08-31-2017 09:07 PM

FOR THE PUPPIES

007 09-01-2017 03:25 PM

Some news regarding Xur...

https://gamerant.com/destiny-2-xur/

Destiny 2: How Xur Works in Bungie’s Sequel
Destiny 2: How Xur Works in Bungie’s Sequel
By Anthony Taormina | Aug 31, 2017
The leaks are coming fast and furious for Destiny 2 and showing no signs of stopping. Today, several pages from the Destiny 2 strategy guide have made their way online, and with them came even more details about Bungie’s upcoming sequel. Most details were expected, but some, like the appearance of Xur, should be considered a surprise.

While Bungie never confirmed that Xur would be a part of Destiny 2, most fans figured (or at least hoped) that the Agent of the Nine would remain a part of the weekly routine. In Destiny 1, Xur showed up in a random spot from Friday the Sunday, selling exotic items in exchange for Strange Coins. However, although Xur is back for Destiny 2, Bungie has changed a few things with the way the exotic vendor works.

Xur Locations in Destiny 2
For starters, Xur no longer appears in a social space, but one of the four patrol areas in Destiny 2 (EDZ, Nessus, Io, and Titan). It’s important to note, though, that Xur will only be able to spawn in a PUBLIC SECTOR for each patrol area, so there is a limited amount of hiding spots.

destiny 2 xur leak
This should make the first appearance of Xur a little more exciting because he can’t simply appear in one location (two if you count The Reef, but he only had one hiding spot there). Now, Xur could be anywhere on four different destinations, which makes sense why Destiny 2 has seemingly added a Trophy for finding him the first time.

New Currency for Exotics
The other big change for Xur is that he will no longer take Strange Coins as a currency. In fact, we don’t know if Strange Coins are even in Destiny 2, but it sounds like they might not be. Instead, Xur will trade exotics for Legendary Shards, which is a more plentiful and standardized currency for Destiny 2.

destiny-taken-king-xur-darkness-exotic
In our time playing Destiny 2 thus far, we have seen how Legendary Shards are acquired but unfortunately we cannot say much more than that until launch. All we can say is that the juggling of numerous currencies has been streamlined, and getting an exotic from Xur should be much easier.

As far as what items Xur will sell, the guide mentions exotic equipment but nothing specific. It would be safe to assume that Xur will continue to sell a piece of armor for each class and one weapon, but beyond that it’s anyone’s guess. Over time Xur’s inventory grew to encompass a wide range of items, from exotic shards to exotic weapon and ornament bundles. Perhaps the same will hold true for Destiny 2; Xur will start small and then expand his empire from there.

Destiny 2 releases September 6, 2017 for PS4 and Xbox One, and October 24 for PC.

Jerm 09-02-2017 10:36 AM

Can someone explain "vendor rolls" and other rolls to me....?

Probably a noob question but a couple of work buddies were talking about it and I think I know what they're referring to but not 100% lol.

keg in kc 09-02-2017 05:55 PM

Weapons used to have random rolls whenever they dropped. You'd never know what you were going to get, as far as perks went. But vendors (vanguard or faction) had weapons with locked rolls - i.e. they didn't change.

That's gone in d2. There aren't any more random rolls.

keg in kc 09-04-2017 12:36 PM

Can't believe I'll be playing this tomorrow night...!

Buck 09-04-2017 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 13056782)
Can't believe I'll be playing this tomorrow night...!

I ended up getting it for PS4 as well. COME ON TOMORROW NIGHT

007 09-04-2017 07:33 PM

I have to wait until lWednesday afternoon.

Aspengc8 09-07-2017 07:06 AM

loving it so far. I quit playing D1 after House of Wolves expansion. Seems like a lot of the BS was thought through this time. Playing on XB1, most likely will also get the PC version to see what its like maxed out.

lcarus 09-07-2017 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjwood75nro (Post 12805024)
Never understood pre-ordering.

"Sure, I'll pay full price to be a beta-tester for a game that may not be good or even finished."

Seems to incentivize rolling out incomplete, broken shit, knowing they have millions locked in ahead of time.

Just patch it up later, assuming the game remains profitable enough to justify it. Otherwise, tough luck.

And, assuming you HAVE to have it 1st day, it seems unlikely that a scarcity could happen with digital copies.

That's the way I feel also. I just wait on every game. The price goes down, the bugs get ironed out, the rest of the content comes out. It's just a better experience than buying something day 1. Also I can find out if something sucks, which 9 times out of 10 these days...

Jerm 09-10-2017 07:49 PM

Nothin like interrupting your strike run to join in on a heroic public.....man this game is such a damn blast, loving it.

Finally got to 20....I know it may not sound like much but as a husband and father that works a shit ton of hours and has limited game time, I'm super happy. Never got to 20 in vanilla Destiny either so I'm pumped.

kcxiv 09-10-2017 09:53 PM

"impatiently waits for the PC version"

|Zach| 09-11-2017 06:32 PM

I am jumping into this cold after a friend urged me to. I know I will enjoy it but the learning curve is very very steep for me from knowing nothing about the first destiny. There are just so many damn variables in this game but it is visually stunning.

Aspengc8 09-12-2017 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 13075179)
I am jumping into this cold after a friend urged me to. I know I will enjoy it but the learning curve is very very steep for me from knowing nothing about the first destiny. There are just so many damn variables in this game but it is visually stunning.

You will catch on pretty quickly, its not too bad. It was actually pretty easy up to 265 power level. Now its a PITA to get above that if you dont have tons of time to run Heroic public events, nightfall and the other milestones that give you powerful engram instead of the normal legendary ones.

007 09-12-2017 10:19 PM

I absolutely HATE the timer on the nightfall. That was completely unnecessary.

007 09-14-2017 04:27 AM

Here is a great write up on leveling past the 260 soft cap. The grind is real here folks.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...eveling_guide/

The formatting is just too much to clean up here so you will just have to click the link. Sorry.

DaveNull 09-14-2017 06:19 AM

tl:dr summary for the leveling guide: Public events, public events, followed by public events.

Aspengc8 09-14-2017 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007 (Post 13078029)
I absolutely HATE the timer on the nightfall. That was completely unnecessary.

That's because there were too many cheese spots to complete the nightfall easily.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007 (Post 13079822)
Here is a great write up on leveling past the 260 soft cap. The grind is real here folks.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...eveling_guide/

The formatting is just too much to clean up here so you will just have to click the link. Sorry.

The grind isn't that bad, and there is so much to do its actually fun. I just went from 265-284 in a little under 3 hours, and didn't even get to the nightfall yet. Being in a group/clan definitely helps as you get additional rewards for that.

That guide is spot on.

007 09-14-2017 09:26 PM

Eh. I've been stuck in the 260s all week. Nothing drops and I have no plans to do crucible, nightfall or raid. What annoys me is that the strikes are completely pointless to play. They only drop 265 gear and when you go to zavala he only gives you 265 gear. There is literally no incentive to do strikes at all.

Aspengc8 09-15-2017 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007 (Post 13081618)
Eh. I've been stuck in the 260s all week. Nothing drops and I have no plans to do crucible, nightfall or raid. What annoys me is that the strikes are completely pointless to play. They only drop 265 gear and when you go to zavala he only gives you 265 gear. There is literally no incentive to do strikes at all.

You won't get out of the 260's unless you do the milestones that reward 'powerful' engrams. Those and exotics are your only way out. Exotics can still drop from the strikes & heroic public events, and you should just mass the vanguard/vendor tokens and hand them in once you break out of the 260's and notice that blues/non modded legendarys are dropping with a higher base than what you have. Then you hand in all the rep/tokens you have and push to the next power level.

Also do Cayde's treasure maps for planet of the week.. they drop higher than normal loot too. If your on XB1 and need help with the Nightfall, let me know. I just got my rat king exotic last night, this weeks NF is actually pretty easy.

Fish 09-15-2017 10:14 AM

Really wanting to jump into the PC launch. But man this sounds like a shitload of work to make it enjoyable.

Aspengc8 09-15-2017 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 13082139)
Really wanting to jump into the PC launch. But man this sounds like a shitload of work to make it enjoyable.

What do you mean by 'make it enjoyable'? You can literally do all of the content with the soft cap of 265 power level, which is easily attainable by just doing the story and roaming around the planets shooting stuff. You don't have to do any of the the tougher weekly reset stuff to get there.

Buck 09-15-2017 08:41 PM

I got to 295 fairly easily. You just have to level to 265 before doing any activities that provide powerful gear.

007 09-15-2017 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 13081882)
You won't get out of the 260's unless you do the milestones that reward 'powerful' engrams. Those and exotics are your only way out. Exotics can still drop from the strikes & heroic public events, and you should just mass the vanguard/vendor tokens and hand them in once you break out of the 260's and notice that blues/non modded legendarys are dropping with a higher base than what you have. Then you hand in all the rep/tokens you have and push to the next power level.

Also do Cayde's treasure maps for planet of the week.. they drop higher than normal loot too. If your on XB1 and need help with the Nightfall, let me know. I just got my rat king exotic last night, this weeks NF is actually pretty easy.

The problem for me is the only milestones I have access to are crucible, nightfall, and raid. Basically means I'm SOL. Unless they remove that timer, I'm not messing with nightfall.

DanBecky 09-15-2017 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 13083128)
I got to 295 fairly easily. You just have to level to 265 before doing any activities that provide powerful gear.

You're on Playstation, right Buck?

Bowser 09-16-2017 06:25 PM

This is brilliant -

http://i.imgur.com/ZZb3pt9.gif

Aspengc8 09-16-2017 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007 (Post 13083205)
The problem for me is the only milestones I have access to are crucible, nightfall, and raid. Basically means I'm SOL. Unless they remove that timer, I'm not messing with nightfall.

you have the weekly flashpoint too, run around and do public events on planet of the week. also xur sells 270 exotic gear

Gonzo 09-16-2017 09:21 PM

I've been playing this for a day now. Beautiful game, I must admit. Much better than the first one regarding the loot system and single player. I'm still trying to figure everything out. If anyone is on PSN and sees me. Hit me up. Maybe you could teach me a thing or two.

Clyde Frog 09-19-2017 11:24 AM

Trials feels....lackluster compared to D1. Last weekend was the easiest card I've ever run. D1 was such a sweat fest and your heart got pumping in game 7 (9). This weekend was like "oh, were done already?"

Fish 09-19-2017 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 13082276)
What do you mean by 'make it enjoyable'? You can literally do all of the content with the soft cap of 265 power level, which is easily attainable by just doing the story and roaming around the planets shooting stuff. You don't have to do any of the the tougher weekly reset stuff to get there.

I don't think I would be content with that though. I'd over commit my time in my desire to max out. Just a personal thing. I'll pick up the game for sure. But it scares me that I'll get sucked in too much...

Aspengc8 09-19-2017 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 13091728)
I don't think I would be content with that though. I'd over commit my time in my desire to max out. Just a personal thing. I'll pick up the game for sure. But it scares me that I'll get sucked in too much...

So yeah by your definition of 'enjoyable = max power level', then absolutely it will be a time sync. I only play the quick activities to get the better drops. I don't have time for the raid though I would love to try it one weekend.

007 09-19-2017 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 13084076)
you have the weekly flashpoint too, run around and do public events on planet of the week. also xur sells 270 exotic gear

Xur isn't helpful with 270 gear when you are 271. :) I just don't understand their thinking here when it comes to progression.

Mav 09-19-2017 11:51 PM

I love this game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

007 09-20-2017 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mav (Post 13092759)
I love this game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So far, I'm slowly losing interest in it. Leveling past 270 power is a big pain when you can't complete the nightfall and don't play crucible. Not much else moves you past when you don't have time for raiding and the only helpful thing you get is a engram from Cayde for the weekly Flashpoint.

The new raid format is a real mess too. Now nothing drops when you beat each section. You get tokens that you can't use unless you beat the entire raid. Some people may never be able to accomplish that. Bungie said they wanted endgame content to be more accessible and instead is became more punishing.

Aspengc8 09-20-2017 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007 (Post 13092749)
Xur isn't helpful with 270 gear when you are 271. :) I just don't understand their thinking here when it comes to progression.

It is if the base power of your current gear is 270. Infuse into new exotic = 276 exotic.

Clyde Frog 09-20-2017 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 13092834)
It is if the base power of your current gear is 270. Infuse into new exotic = 276 exotic.

However, watch out infusing exotics into legendaries. The penalty is pretty big if you're inching up to 280.

Once you hit 280 you can buy legendary mods from the gunsmith and attach them to your armor and guns, leveling you up pretty quickly.

I buy every legendary mod he is selling when he drops them since he rotates stock and doesn't sell every type of mod at all times.

Buck 09-20-2017 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clyde Frog (Post 13093089)
However, watch out infusing exotics into legendaries. The penalty is pretty big if you're inching up to 280.

Once you hit 280 you can buy legendary mods from the gunsmith and attach them to your armor and guns, leveling you up pretty quickly.

I buy every legendary mod he is selling when he drops them since he rotates stock and doesn't sell every type of mod at all times.

He isn't selling legendary mods, he's letting you turn 3 of your rare (blue) mods into a purple mod.

Beef Supreme 09-20-2017 02:34 PM

I didn't play the first game in this series, don't have a playstation, but I was kinda looking forward to trying this one out on PC. I am a total sucker for sic-fi shooters, and this game looks pretty bad ass, but all this talk of raids and level grinding and random boss drop epic weapon shit has me thinking this game is some World of Warcraft bullshit. Is the single player worth a shit?

keg in kc 09-20-2017 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 13093475)
He isn't selling legendary mods, he's letting you turn 3 of your rare (blue) mods into a purple mod.

And they don't rotate, what he has available to upgrade depends on what you have in your inventory. So anything you don't want to convert to a legendary, either bank or disassemble.

keg in kc 09-20-2017 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet (Post 13093519)
I didn't play the first game in this series, don't have a playstation, but I was kinda looking forward to trying this one out on PC. I am a total sucker for sic-fi shooters, and this game looks pretty bad ass, but all this talk of raids and level grinding and random boss drop epic weapon shit has me thinking this game is some World of Warcraft bullshit. Is the single player worth a shit?

I've never grouped outside of matchmade stuff (strikes/crucible), and I don't intend on ever joining a clan. It means I progress more slowly, because it takes longer to do some things solo and being in clans provides some pretty ridiculous benefits, but I can still progress on my own. Right now I'm sitting at 288 light on a hunter, 286 light on a warlock, and I started a titan yesterday. I haven't run out of things to do yet, and there's new faction stuff (of some kind...) coming next week.

keg in kc 09-20-2017 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007 (Post 13092749)

Xur has never been about progression, Xur has always been about acquiring exotics you haven't been able to get randomly.

007 09-20-2017 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 13093698)
Xur has never been about progression, Xur has always been about acquiring exotics you haven't been able to get randomly.

Well aware of that. :D Only been playing since day 1 of D1.

keg in kc 09-21-2017 01:10 AM

Then why are you bitching about something you already understand?

007 09-21-2017 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 13094292)
Then why are you bitching about something you already understand?

You call that bitching? Stating a fact? My gripe isn't about xur, its about most of the "rewards" in the game give you under leveled items. Completely opposite of what the predecessor did.

Just doesn't make much sense. Thats all.

Imon Yourside 09-21-2017 03:59 AM

I'll be getting this for PC, it will all be fresh for me. Never played it before, until then It's Fortnite and Warframe. :P