ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Texans reportedly not excited last night after getting Watson (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=307429)

pugsnotdrugs19 04-28-2017 02:33 PM

Texans reportedly not excited last night after getting Watson

This might be in a thread somewhere but I just wanted to make sure everyone saw this, very interesting....

So we have all heard today that NO, ARZ, SEA, and presumably Houston wanted Pat. Read this excerpt from someone within the Texans war room.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">This tidbit by Tony Pauline on the Texans War Room is...interesting... <a href="https://t.co/PG58BUOXRB">pic.twitter.com/PG58BUOXRB</a></p>&mdash; Ethan Hammerman (@Ethanhamm) <a href="https://twitter.com/Ethanhamm/status/858028190455005185">April 28, 2017</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Quote:

Unlike the handshakes, hugs and backslapping that went on in other war rooms, many in Houston looked as though they had just awoken on Christmas morning and found no presents under the tree after it was announced the team had traded and selected quarterback Deshaun Watson.

Watching the stone-faced expression on the face of head coach Bill O'Brien and the subdued attitude of those sitting at their desks made me and others I was with feel something was not right.
It sounds to me like Mahomes was that 'present' that was not there for O'Brien and the Texans.

staylor26 04-28-2017 02:47 PM

Sounds like a lot of QB gurus had a hard on for Mahomes

Tribal Warfare 04-28-2017 02:47 PM

Dorsey like a Boss

Red Dawg 04-28-2017 02:48 PM

I read many reports before the draft that Houston loved Mahomes. This makes me think we took their guy and they got stuck with Watson.

They wanted the big arm local boy. Did any GM or scout like Watson more that Mahomes? Doesn't feel like it.

Bewbies 04-28-2017 02:49 PM

KC owns Houston. LMAO

pugsnotdrugs19 04-28-2017 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy (Post 12846163)
I read many reports before the draft that Houston loved Mahomes. This makes me think we took their guy and they got stuck with Watson.

They wanted the big arm local boy. Did any GM or scout like Watson more that Mahomes? Doesn't feel like it.

It sounds to me like they were dead set on getting him, and when they didn't, they panicked and got Watson. Especially given the fact that the war room was presumably dead.

FloridaMan88 04-28-2017 02:50 PM

And apparently John Fox wasn't in the loop either regarding Chicago's trade for Trubisky.

Hammock Parties 04-28-2017 02:51 PM

This pic said it all.

http://i.imgur.com/JyLocKw.jpg

Frosty 04-28-2017 02:52 PM

Saw a late night interview with Arians. He looked like he had been sucking lemons. He said QB had definitely been in the mix but they went right before AZ picked.

pugsnotdrugs19 04-28-2017 02:54 PM

Wow, I hadn't seen that picture. Good find, Clay.

It looks like everyone except the GM is disappointed.

FloridaMan88 04-28-2017 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASS11 (Post 12846175)
This pic said it all.

Meanwhile...

http://prod.images.chiefs.clubs.nflc...960&height=720

DRM08 04-28-2017 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 12846155)
Sounds like a lot of QB gurus had a hard on for Mahomes

Deshaun's ceiling is solid starter. Pat's ceiling is Rodgers/Favre. Kick in the nuts for the Texans. Chiefs really pulled the rug out from under them. Well played by Dorsey and Reid.

pugsnotdrugs19 04-28-2017 03:00 PM

That picture is truly amazing. It looks like one proud guy, and a bunch of others who are worried they just lost their job.

Red Dawg 04-28-2017 03:01 PM

Mahomes ceiling is higher than any QB in the draft. His ability to make plays and his arm are ahead of the pack. Houston knew it. AZ knew it and we stole it. The Saints knew it and so did two other undisclosed teams.

We stole him. Gotta be excited for the future.

Why Not? 04-28-2017 03:03 PM

People who think Mahomes would have been there at 27 are idiots

FloridaMan88 04-28-2017 03:03 PM

The Chiefs War Room looks lively and festive, Houston's looks like NASA Mission Control after "Houston We Have a Problem".

http://prod.images.chiefs.clubs.nflc...960&height=720

Beef Supreme 04-28-2017 03:04 PM

Everything I read pre-draft said the Texans wanted Mahomes, and I think I even saw somewhere where Mahomes himself said that the Texans really made it clear to him he was the guy they wanted.

Hog's Gone Fishin 04-28-2017 03:04 PM

After getting jumped by the Browns and losing Manziel Dorsey has learned his lesson.

pugsnotdrugs19 04-28-2017 03:05 PM

Based on everything that's been reported today, Pat wasn't getting past New Orleans at 11.

It was the perfect trade spot.

Titty Meat 04-28-2017 03:06 PM

Why would Seattle be in the mix?

suzzer99 04-28-2017 03:12 PM

I wonder if the fact that the Chiefs never draft a QB helped them sneak up and grab PMII.

Hammock Parties 04-28-2017 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 12846185)

Dorsey really packing on the pounds...

DaneMcCloud 04-28-2017 03:33 PM

I wouldn't be excited about Watson, either.

Blech.

Buehler445 04-28-2017 03:35 PM

Quote:

This pic said it all.

It could be that it's some patriot way bullshit. Remember he is a belichick guy. But it is another thing to feel good about that other teams wanted him

Mr. Laz 04-28-2017 03:37 PM

Looks like we traded up right in front of 2 teams(NewOrleans,Arizona) that wanted him and a 3rd that was planning on trading up from Mahomes themselves in Houston.

ROYC75 04-28-2017 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 12846200)
That picture is truly amazing. It looks like one proud guy, and a bunch of others who are worried they just lost their job.

Not really, more like the GM is, Hey we got our 2nd best QB option, I'm stoked, the others, we lost out on a guy that can really stretch the field.

I don't see jobs anywhere.

Here's the deal, anybody here would have been happy with Watson if Mahomes was already long gone from our chance to get him.

BTA, had we gotten Watson after missing Mahomes by the previous pick there would have been some pissed off, long faces as well.

DJ's left nut 04-28-2017 03:39 PM

fapfapfapfapfapfapfapfap.....

{squirtsquirtsquirt}

fapfapfapfapfapfapfapfap.....

{hnnngggggghhhhh}

{looks around}
{shrugs}

fapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfap........

ROYC75 04-28-2017 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzzer99 (Post 12846245)
I wonder if the fact that the Chiefs never draft a QB helped them sneak up and grab PMII.

Very possible and our ( traditional ) lack of moving on day 1.

pugsnotdrugs19 04-28-2017 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROYC75 (Post 12846289)
Not really, more like the GM is, Hey we got our 2nd best QB option, I'm stoked, the others, we lost out on a guy that can really stretch the field.

Here's the deal, anybody here would have been happy with Watson if Mahomes was already long gone from our chance to get him.

BTA, had we gotten Watson after missing Mahomes by the previous pick there would have been some pissed off, long faces as well.

Maybe so, but if they didn't want Watson and he busts, they likely all lose their job because of a pick they didn't want.

But perhaps he was plan B all along, regardless of position.

DJ's left nut 04-28-2017 03:40 PM

Quote:

The hell I would've.

Had we given up 2 1sts and a 3rd to draft a glorified Tyrod !@#$ing Taylor, I'd have been pissed.

I'd have eventually gotten around to grudging acceptance of it, but if Mahomes was out, I'm sitting tight until 27 and taking Foster then trading up in the 2nd for Davis Webb. I want absolutely nothing to do with Watson at 10. That's lunacy.

Beef Supreme 04-28-2017 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12846293)
The hell I would've.

Had we given up 2 1sts and a 3rd to draft a glorified Tyrod !@#$ing Taylor, I'd have been pissed.

I'd have eventually gotten around to grudging acceptance of it, but if Mahomes was out, I'm sitting tight until 27 and taking Foster then trading up in the 2nd for Davis Webb. I want absolutely nothing to do with Watson at 10. That's lunacy.

This right here.

Frazod 04-28-2017 03:48 PM

Quote:

This pic said it all.

I'd love to see a photo of their war room when they looked up and saw the arrowhead replace the buffalo. :evil:

DJ's left nut 04-28-2017 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 12846301)
I'd love to see a photo of their war room when they looked up and saw the arrowhead replace the buffalo. :evil:

Lord - you know some buttholes puckered tighter than snare drums when that trade was announced.

I'm sure a guy or two was still sitting there thinking "well maybe it's Watson..."

And then the guillotine dropped.

I honestly don't know how to deal with joy. Is this what actually winning something feels like?

Hammock Parties 04-28-2017 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12846303)
I honestly don't know how to deal with joy. Is this what actually winning something feels like?

It's a strange feeling. I'm still processing it.

The Franchise 04-28-2017 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12846303)
Lord - you know some buttholes puckered tighter than snare drums when that trade was announced.

I'm sure a guy or two was still sitting there thinking "well maybe it's Watson..."

And then the guillotine dropped.

I thought for sure that we were taking Watson at 10 and I was ****ing pissed. I was praying it was Mahomes.

Bewbies 04-28-2017 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 12846301)

I would too. They should show us those moments, when the whole room realized their entire plan is down the shitter.

Mr. Laz 04-28-2017 03:55 PM

Quote:

Not really.

You don't give up a 1st round pick to trade up for a guy like Watson. Hell, we already have his older, dysfunctional brother in Alex Smith.

If you are going to trade up like we did, you trade up for the Boom player.

Mahomes is the Boom/Bust, possible elite player.

People would have eventually accepted Watson, but it would have been a hard pill to swallow if we have just given a 1st and 3rd to trade up for him.

Hopefully, Mahomes turns out to be elite. At least we took our shot.

Sandy Vagina 04-28-2017 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 12846200)

looks like one phony-ass-cheese smile pasted on a face of misery and unemployment-fear. ROFL

DJ's left nut 04-28-2017 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12846306)
I thought for sure that we were taking Watson at 10 and I was ****ing pissed. I was praying it was Mahomes.

I was at the Chris Stapleton concert (seriously - GO SEE CHRIS STAPLETON. Holy shit that was an awesome show).

And so it's between acts when I get the notice that the Chiefs traded up. Then the crowd is filling in for Stapleton so the wifi and 3g reception is falling apart. I audible and start sending my buddies who are all on a group chat texts telling them they'd damn well better keep me informed (of that group, 80% of them were also at the concert but I didn't know that).

So after 5 minutes I get a text that says "they're saying it's gonna be Watson..."

"SHIT! MOTHER****ER SHIT!! FIRST TIME IN MY LIFETIME THAT THEY ACTUALLY TRY AND THEY DO A ****ING LOUSY JOB OF IT. MOTHERFU....."

{ding}

"MAHOMES!!!"

{ding}

"mAHOMes!1!"

{ding}

"its pat mahomes"

and so forth....

So to Collin, the asshole that told me it was going to be Watson because he was evidently just repeating mayock's drivel - eat balls. For a moment, you'd killed me. I had died.

DaneMcCloud 04-28-2017 03:58 PM

Quote:

I've hated the idea of Watson to the Chiefs since at least January 2017, if not in late 2016, and it's well documented.

I would have lost all faith in Dorsey had he moved up for Watson. His ceiling is Tyrod Taylor.

Who wants that guy?

The Franchise 04-28-2017 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12846317)
I was at the Chris Stapleton concert (seriously - GO SEE CHRIS STAPLETON. Holy shit that was an awesome show).

And so it's between acts when I get the notice that the Chiefs traded up. Then the crowd is filling in for Stapleton so the wifi and 3g reception is falling apart. I audible and start sending my buddies who are all on a group chat texts telling them they'd damn well better keep me informed (of that group, 80% of them were also at the concert but I didn't know that).

So after 5 minutes I get a text that says "they're saying it's gonna be Watson..."

"SHIT! MOTHER****ER SHIT!! FIRST TIME IN MY LIFETIME THAT THEY ACTUALLY TRY AND THEY DO A ****ING LOUSY JOB OF IT. MOTHERFU....."

{ding}

"MAHOMES!!!"

{ding}

"mAHOMes!1!"

{ding}

"its pat mahomes"

and so forth....

So to Collin, the asshole that told me it was going to be Watson because he was evidently just repeating mayock's drivel - eat balls. For a moment, you'd killed me. I had died.

I was standing in the middle of a park, watching NFL Network on my phone while my daughter was at her softball lessons. They trade up and I get a smile on my face and Mayock mentions Watson and my ****ing heart dropped. That 5 minutes we were on the clock took for ****ing ever. As soon as "Patrick" made it out of Goodell's mouth....I fist pumped multiple times in the air.

Frazod 04-28-2017 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 12846309)
I would too. They should show us those moments, when the whole room realized their entire plan is down the shitter.

We are to the Texans what the Colts are to us.

It's nice to not be the bitch in such a relationship. :)

KChiefs1 04-28-2017 04:24 PM

Quote:

This pic said it all.

Yeah I noticed that last night.
Made me think that the GM & head coach weren't on the same page.
I know Bill O'Brien is hard on his QB's.
The national media is pushing how quick Watson picked up the offense.

KC Hawks 04-28-2017 04:26 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Giants tried to trade up for for QB Patrick Mahomes and were &quot;very disappointed&quot; they weren&#39;t able to get it done, per <a href="https://twitter.com/AnitaMarks">@AnitaMarks</a>.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/858081784524877824">April 28, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

ToxSocks 04-28-2017 04:27 PM

Quote:

No way man. Watson doesn't have the Juice. I've been saying for the last month that i've been trying to convince myself to like Watson in the event the Chiefs take him, but i couldn't. I'm so freakin' glad that was avoided.

Slight Frame.

Weak Arm.

Poor Accuracy.

Fools gold.

Bewbies 04-28-2017 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 12846358)
We are to the Texans what the Colts are to us.

It's nice to not be the bitch in such a relationship. :)

Not for long. Soon the Colts will be our bitch too.

pugsnotdrugs19 04-28-2017 04:28 PM

Unreal. The Giants were going for him too. EVERYONE wanted a chance to develop this guy, it sounds like.

ToxSocks 04-28-2017 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12846306)

I had my fingers crossed for sure.

mdchiefsfan 04-28-2017 04:32 PM

Didnt some say that we moved way too far for a person that could've been had later?

Sassy Squatch 04-28-2017 04:32 PM

Damn. A ****ton of teams see the same thing in Mahomes. Major props to Dorsey for this move.

ToxSocks 04-28-2017 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12846326)
I was standing in the middle of a park, watching NFL Network on my phone while my daughter was at her softball lessons. They trade up and I get a smile on my face and Mayock mentions Watson and my ****ing heart dropped. That 5 minutes we were on the clock took for ****ing ever. As soon as "Patrick" made it out of Goodell's mouth....I fist pumped multiple times in the air.

Patrick?

I didn't even wait for him to get that far. Pa...."YEEAAAAAH"

Beef Supreme 04-28-2017 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 12846412)
Patrick?

I didn't even wait for him to get that far. Pa...."YEEAAAAAH"

Not me, I waited to hear the full name before celebrating. Years of abuse had me afraid the pick might be Patrick Neverheardofhim, offensive guard from Butt****egypt Community College.

Coochie liquor 04-28-2017 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 12846374)

Ballard is there now, and next year Toub will be too. It's gonna be good competition for years.

TribalElder 04-28-2017 05:32 PM

Need a gif of Dorsey war room reaction

High fiving jumping around

And the awkward fist bump with the Clark

Frazod 04-28-2017 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 12846374)

Over 22 years, we're 0-4 in the playoffs against those ****ers, including games where our defense held them to 10 points, our offense never punted, and we had a 28-point halftime lead. That's ownage, and it never goes away until we do something similar to them, when it counts, more than once.

God I hate the Colts. :#

mdchiefsfan 04-28-2017 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12846317)

{ding}

"MAHOMES!!!"

{ding}

"mAHOMes!1!"

{ding}

"its pat mahomes"

and so forth....

ROFL

Ming the Merciless 04-28-2017 06:15 PM

CHUEFS

yesss

lets GO CHIEFSSSSSSSSSSS

Anyong Bluth 04-28-2017 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 12846167)
It sounds to me like they were dead set on getting him, and when they didn't, they panicked and got Watson. Especially given the fact that the war room was presumably dead.

If "your" guy is gone, I guess I don't get why you would settle and take a QB just to take one?

Either the guy is worth it to still drop a 1st on him or not?

You don't mow lawns all summer long to save up to buy an SNES, only to find out when you get to the store they are sold out, and impulsively decide since you came to buy a gaming system with the savings you earned and built that you blow it all on an Atari Jaguar.

There will be more SNES coming back in stock, and future QBs to get what you truly want. Get creative and stockpile picks, so next year you've got the ammo to get the guy you really want with the collateral you've amassed.

Especially when we're talking about the QB position & using a high 1st round selection.

Tombstone RJ 04-28-2017 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy (Post 12846206)
Mahomes ceiling is higher than any QB in the draft. His ability to make plays and his arm are ahead of the pack. Houston knew it. AZ knew it and we stole it. The Saints knew it and so did two other undisclosed teams.

We stole him. Gotta be excited for the future.

lulzz.. your team reached for a project and paid a steep price too. But, like I told you clowns a long time ago, this is the year your team drafts a QB high.

mdchiefsfan 04-28-2017 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 12846947)
If "your" guy is gone, I guess I don't get why you would settle and take a QB just to take one?

Either the guy is worth it to still drop a 1st on him or not?

You don't mow lawns all summer long to save up to buy an SNES, only to find out when you get to the store they are sold out, and impulsively decide since you came to buy a gaming system with the savings you earned and built that you blow it all on an Atari Jaguar.

There will be more SNES coming back in stock, and future QBs to get what you truly want. Get creative and stockpile picks, so next year you've got the ammo to get the guy you really want with the collateral you've amassed.

Especially when we're talking about the QB position & using a high 1st round selection.

The Texans put themselves in this position by first offering that ridiculous contract to Oswieler, going all in on the Romo hype, trading Oswieler and a 2nd (which probably took the juice they needed to outbid us), and needed ANYONE to start for them this season.

In short: they ****ed themselves.

NJChiefsFan 04-28-2017 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 12847263)
lulzz.. your team reached for a project and paid a steep price too. But, like I told you clowns a long time ago, this is the year your team drafts a QB high.

I'm not one to sugar coat stuff. I have no problem admitting when KC reached on something but I really don't get the comments about KC paying a steep price. How is a 3rd this year(when they have 2 thirds and 10 picks overall) and a potentially late 20's pick next year a steep price?

pugsnotdrugs19 04-28-2017 07:48 PM

Quote:

And what is Paxton Lynch then?

:D

Tombstone RJ 04-28-2017 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 12847330)
And what is Paxton Lynch then?

:D

Broncos swapped firsts and gave up a third. KC swapped firsts, gave up a third and next years first round pick.

pugsnotdrugs19 04-28-2017 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 12847370)
Broncos swapped firsts and gave up a third. KC swapped first, gave up a third and next years first round pick.

Well, that might have something to do with their talent...

IIRC, there weren't over a handful of teams trying to get Paxton. Can't say the same for Pat.

PutQuinnIn 04-28-2017 09:00 PM

This is a franchise that backed up the Brinks truck for Brock without even conducting one interview with him.

OldSchool 04-28-2017 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy (Post 12846163)

It'd be hard to like Watson over Mahomes given the significant difference in pure arm talent and the bad tape that Watson put up in his final season. There's just more room for error when it comes to guys who can throw like Mahomes can, whereas a guy like Watson, he's going to be pretty much perfect with all of his mechanics if he's going to turn into a good starter in this league.

KCDC 04-28-2017 09:18 PM

I think the Texans wanted to pay us back by taking the ILB from Vanderbilt in the second round. It seemed to be just who we would pick a couple picks later.

CapsLockKey 04-28-2017 09:20 PM

It feels like the Chiefs may have hoodwinked the Texans again by trading up in front of them to take Hunt with Houston taking another consolation prize at the same position a couple picks later.

notorious 04-28-2017 09:23 PM

Quote:

Smells like......fear.

Baby Lee 04-28-2017 09:36 PM

Quote:

Aha, the LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG Con!!!

ROFL ROFL

RunKC 04-28-2017 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 12847370)
Broncos swapped firsts and gave up a third. KC swapped firsts, gave up a third and next years first round pick.

Nobody wanted to draft Lynch until the end of the first rd.

Sean Payton and Bruce Arians wanted to draft Mahomes at 11 and 13.

staylor26 04-28-2017 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 12847329)
I'm not one to sugar coat stuff. I have no problem admitting when KC reached on something but I really don't get the comments about KC paying a steep price. How is a 3rd this year(when they have 2 thirds and 10 picks overall) and a potentially late 20's pick next year a steep price?

Quote:

We reached for a QB at #10 that for a fact would've gone the very next pick?

Baby Lee 04-28-2017 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 12847960)
We reached for a QB at #10 that for a fact would've gone the very next pick?

Reach has more than one meaning, fortunately. In this case we exerted our leverage to pluck a quality pick from a morass of bitch ass rivals slotted ahead of us.

Chiefshrink 04-28-2017 11:46 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROYC75 (Post 12846291)
Very possible and our ( traditional ) lack of moving on day 1.

And let's not forget Dorsey said he started working this deal about five days ago building that relationship with the Buffalo GM and it was easy for the Chiefs to sneak up because nobody thought they would move 17 spots up because that would be a big kings ransom but when you look at it Dorsey was right we didn't give up that much when you look at the future potential with this kid .

Chiefshrink 04-28-2017 11:53 PM

Rick Smith has definitely fumbled the ball these last two years when it comes to quarterbacks . He should've known teams were going to try to get up to the buffalo spot it would've taken very little just to move up two spots to secure that pic for Mahomes .

jd1020 04-28-2017 11:53 PM

It's a glorious feeling that after all these years of sitting idle hoping the guy you want makes it those next handful of picks so the Chiefs can finally take their shot only to be let down by the inevitable leap frog trade.

This one's for you, Houston.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-RDJ5ZVnXpU...my-mcnulty.gif

Chiefshrink 04-28-2017 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PutQuinnIn (Post 12847707)
This is a franchise that backed up the Brinks truck for Brock without even conducting one interview with him.

And why if Watson does not work out Smith ought to be fired.

OldSchool 04-29-2017 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 12847988)
Rick Smith has definitely fumbled the ball these last two years when it comes to quarterbacks . He should've known teams were going to try to get up to the buffalo spot it would've taken very little just to move up two spots .

His biggest f-up was not taking Derek Carr. Texans would be kings of that division, and possibly the AFC, if they had Carr running the show for them paired with that defense.

Chiefshrink 04-29-2017 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 12847997)
His biggest f-up was not taking Derek Carr. Texans would be kings of that division, and possibly the AFC, if they had Carr running the show for them paired with that defense.

Totally get your point but I think the political mojo of taking a second Carr brother and having him fail was just too spooky in my opinion from a PR perspective.

BryanBusby 04-29-2017 12:05 AM

Man I can't fault the Texans for not taking another Carr.