ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Curb your enthusiasm (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=310478)

GayFrogs 10-01-2017 09:00 PM

Curb your enthusiasm

This needs to be a thread. New episode was great and the season arc looks amazing, even for larry david. Don't wanna spoil anything so I'll just leave it at that.

CoMoChief 10-01-2017 09:53 PM

Yes!!!! hope Leon is still on the show. Dude cracks me up. Him and Larry are the perfect ying and yang.

Simply Red 10-02-2017 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by idrapethat (Post 13115807)
This needs to be a thread. New episode was great and the season arc looks amazing, even for larry david. Don't wanna spoil anything so I'll just leave it at that.

just watched it and ROFL

CoMoChief 10-02-2017 06:36 AM

Holy shit LMAO

Baby Lee 10-03-2017 04:10 PM

It was a little mechanical, and the lesbian plot was a little contrived and dated. But it's good to be back.

MTG#10 10-03-2017 04:22 PM

Great episode, he hasn't lost a step at all. Leon is still hilarious.

Pepe Silvia 10-19-2017 11:57 PM

"That was an aggressive ****ing beep. "

CoMoChief 10-20-2017 07:09 AM

"Ehh, you're not a bride. She's a bride. You're def the groom."

LMAO

Baby Lee 10-21-2017 08:22 PM

If you like Curb for the outsized personalities, I would recommend Dice.

'Dice' Clay also plays a semi-autobiographical buffoon, playing off his persona.

His early stuff is in the mix as something he deals with, but it's not the focus of the show.

If I had to use concise adjectives to describe it, I'd say it's madcap, goofy and warm-hearted. But it's really funny, too. He's basically a grown-up little kid running around Vegas hustling to trade on his past stardom while also dealing with the mundane things of life.

There's the tension of 'how's he going to blow everything up by being an asshole' while he pulls off situations by zigging when people expect him to zag. He's still being an asshole, but a goodhearted asshole.

It's not the same as Curb where Larry is an asshole by insisting on things you agree with him on, but to the point of confrontation. More he's a guy you expect to say or do something stupid, but h'e more a tough talker with a soft spot.

Plus the co-stars are a murderers row of hot talent of the day. [I'll leave it to you to find out who does the best Dice impression you've seen, you'll actually laugh at him doing Dice's material even though you first saw it 20 years ago]

appegeaceta 10-27-2017 12:58 PM

Curb your enthusiasm

Im also in the minority that prefers Curb. I love both shows, but I relate so well with Curb Your Enthusiasm and the improv is great.

vailpass 10-27-2017 01:07 PM

Watched part of a new episode, had Belz in it. All of the lead characters look very very old and seem a bit slower. At it's peak though that show was as funny as it gets.

carcosa 10-27-2017 01:09 PM

I think this new season is about Larry David going senile. Like, in real life.

Simply Red 10-27-2017 01:44 PM

1st Episode was good - next two = meh
have yet to watch #4

Pepe Silvia 10-29-2017 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 13178574)
1st Episode was good - next two = meh
have yet to watch #4

I think they've all been good except episode 2, that one was awful.

Baby Lee 10-29-2017 10:22 PM

Episode 5 is on fire. Couldn't stop laughing at the 'chef made a face' conversation.

Pepe Silvia 10-30-2017 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 13182991)
Episode 5 is on fire. Couldn't stop laughing at the 'chef made a face' conversation.

Yeah, he's used that before in the show, remember the Cobb Salad episode years ago?

Pepe Silvia 11-09-2017 02:21 PM

"Goldfish would commit suicide in this water."

CoMoChief 11-13-2017 02:26 PM

Lost my shit at larry not thanking the war vet for his service.

Hilarious

GayFrogs 11-13-2017 11:12 PM

I'm glad curb finally tackled the issue of aspergers LMAO

Simply Red 11-13-2017 11:34 PM

yeah last episode was fair - but this season (thus far) tis the weakest. I think most of us would agree there.

DaneMcCloud 11-13-2017 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 13215796)
yeah last episode was fair - but this season (thus far) tis the weakest. I think most of us would agree there.

I think it's been on par with past seasons.

GayFrogs 11-14-2017 04:32 AM

It's a little better than season 5 and 6

Baby Lee 12-13-2019 07:17 AM

Nolan Ryan fastball, right down the middle.
Larry's still got it

<iframe width="500" height="300" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/u7bnE6XiOEQ" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

TwistedChief 01-03-2022 09:33 PM

Anyone watching this season?

It's so good.

kevrunner 01-03-2022 09:40 PM

I’m watching and really enjoying this season, the watermelon episode was epic. Also, didn’t realize that the city council woman that Larry is trying to get to change the swimming pool fence law, is Tracy Ullman. Some real good episodes this year.

Chiefspants 01-03-2022 09:48 PM

Perhaps my favorite season of the show. Larry David has not missed this year.

Pepe Silvia 01-03-2022 09:51 PM

Larry stealing the shoes from the Holocaust Museum cracked me up.

“They really knew how to make a shoe back then.”

“Well yeah, they had cobblers.”

kevrunner 01-03-2022 10:20 PM

Leon was great in the episode where he thought he could negotiate better deals for everyone when they wanted work done at their homes, then it backfired.

TwistedChief 01-04-2022 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 16051400)
Perhaps my favorite season of the show. Larry David has not missed this year.

Yeah, I kinda feel the same way but didn't know if that was just recency bias or what. I find myself once an episode just cracking up beyond belief.

And wow - no idea that was Tracy Ullman. That's great.

Baby Lee 01-04-2022 03:05 AM

This year, I thought many bits were inspired and many ad-libs were among the best in the history of the show, but the overarching narrative was a little creaky.

And for me personally, I find it fascinating to try to divine how much Larry can accept how much his character is like Trump without full-on admitting it, or while still pushing back. He went pretty far this season, but I think he would argue that the differences he pointed out, or at the least the consequences he gave his character, are dispositive.

Not that it turns me off or radicalizes me, or anything like that, it's just a fascinating case study, because for the longest I've asserted that Larry in character on Curb is the most Trump-like popular character in pop culture. And Larry the person is among [both counted among, and rubbing shoulders with among] the most Trump-averse personalities in celebrity.

Chiefspants 01-04-2022 03:30 AM

I agree the the overarching narrative of the season was clunky, and sometimes disappeared in an episode entirely, but I think this year had the most laugh out loud moments of any Curb season I can remember. So many episodes were just packed with memorable moments.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 16051513)
Yeah, I kinda feel the same way but didn't know if that was just recency bias or what. I find myself once an episode just cracking up beyond belief.

And wow - no idea that was Tracy Ullman. That's great.

Tracy was one of the season's best highlights.

Nickhead 01-04-2022 04:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 16051517)
This year, I thought many bits were inspired and many ad-libs were among the best in the history of the show, but the overarching narrative was a little creaky.

And for me personally, I find it fascinating to try to divine how much Larry can accept how much his character is like Trump without full-on admitting it, or while still pushing back. He went pretty far this season, but I think he would argue that the differences he pointed out, or at the least the consequences he gave his character, are dispositive.

Not that it turns me off or radicalizes me, or anything like that, it's just a fascinating case study, because for the longest I've asserted that Larry in character on Curb is the most Trump-like popular character in pop culture. And Larry the person is among [both counted among, and rubbing shoulders with among] the most Trump-averse personalities in celebrity.

my wife was going on about how busy everything is and the shortage of certain items.

i replied: yeah there has been an infusion of the asian variety lately (you could say this is one of the whitest towns in the mountains ROFL )

she responded: i was talking about the holidays and people being off work

ROFL

BigRedChief 01-04-2022 07:50 PM

Agree with most here, one of the best seasons and this season has had the most laugh out loud moments.

Why Not? 01-07-2022 10:32 PM

So ****ing funny this season.

Buddy Rich 01-09-2022 09:01 AM

Seasons 4, 7 and 8 are certainly better than this last one. That said, Tracy Ullman was awesome and the Leon + watermelon epsiode was one of the best of the series.