ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life If 2pac, Kurt Cobain, Selena were still alive today (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=315845)

Daru 06-16-2018 06:20 PM

If 2pac, Kurt Cobain, Selena were still alive today

Culture question because the culture today displays me as very sad, I don't like what I see in music.

I love 2pac and Selena. Kurt Cobain had great songs yes.

If they were still alive how massive big do you see they would be now? Would current culture love them like we did or is current culture stuck to garbage??

Can't wait for chiefs season, strike against all we will rise with Mahomes!!! Yes! Destruction to all teams in our path!!

Simply Red 06-16-2018 06:21 PM

1st

TimBone 06-16-2018 06:22 PM

They would likely have fallen off like most artists do.

Simply Red 06-16-2018 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daru (Post 13595725)
Culture question because the culture today displays me as very sad, I don't like what I see in music.

If they were still alive how massive big do you see they would be now? Would current culture love them like we did or is current culture stuck to garbage??

Can't wait for chiefs season, strike against all we will rise with Mahomes!!! Yes! Destruction to all teams in our path!!

You're basically favorite poster of mine.

Buehler445 06-16-2018 06:23 PM

Cobain would have flamed out as grunge went away.

Selena probably would have sold out and would be a Latin Taylor Swift.

2 Pac would probably have a “meh” studio like Puff Daddy.

GloucesterChief 06-16-2018 06:26 PM

I could see Nirvana still around if Cobain let Grohl take more of the song writing duties. Then again Grohl could of left to do Foo Fighters anyway.

Eleazar 06-16-2018 06:27 PM

Cobain would have overdosed eventually I'm sure. Who knows about the other two.

displacedinMN 06-16-2018 06:27 PM

I still never would have paid money to listen to them.

Baby Lee 06-16-2018 06:27 PM

Selena would probaby be around the same profile as Kelly Clarkson if she stayed prolific. She'd probably have taken a turn or two on the talent shows like J-Lo and KPerry have.

Kurt probably would have mellowed. Maybe he and Grohl would have morphed into something Foo-like, or maybe he and Grohl would have been a new version of Lennon/McCartney. Grohl more straightforward pop and Kurt more political and personal in his music.

2-pac would probably have long been an actor instead of a rapper.

Al Bundy 06-16-2018 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 13595732)
Cobain would have flamed out as grunge went away.

Selena probably would have sold out and would be a Latin Taylor Swift.

2 Pac would probably have a “meh” studio like Puff Daddy.

I don't know... I think Pac would be just like Nas. Or he would be an actor making movies.

PunkinDrublic 06-16-2018 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 13595739)
Selena would probaby be around the same profile as Kelly Clarkson if she stayed prolific. She'd probably have taken a turn or two on the talent shows like J-Lo and KPerry have.

Kurt probably would have mellowed. Maybe he and Grohl would have morphed into something Foo-like, or maybe he and Grohl would have been a new version of Lennon/McCartney. Grohl more straightforward pop and Kurt more political and personal in his music.

2-pac would probably have long been an actor instead of a rapper.

I think Kurt would put Nirvana on hiatus for awhile and would have done some bluesy solo albums.

banecat 06-16-2018 06:39 PM

Cobain should've gone into film making, or become an artist in another field. He was too soft and too jaded before he became big. Pac should've focused on acting and got out of that biz at that dangerous point. I don't know enough about Selena.

I just watched the movie about her starring JLo and her giant ass. I couldn't tell ya what that movie was about after staring at that ass for ninety minutes straight. JLo probably did a great job, but her gigantically beautiful ass should keep her from portraying a real life character in that case or again

DaNewGuy 06-16-2018 06:43 PM

I read cobain was wanted to take a different route with the music, the band was close to splitting up before he died, Grohl was pretty much on n his way out from what I read.

GloucesterChief 06-16-2018 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaNewGuy (Post 13595769)
I read cobain was wanted to take a different route with the music, the band was close to splitting up before he died, Grohl was pretty much on n his way out from what I read.

IIRC Grohl says that he played some of his written music to Cobain and Kurt said he liked it. It was a couples weeks before Kurt took his own life, so who knows if Grohl would of started writing Nirvana songs.

wazu 06-16-2018 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 13595731)

Hey WTF?!

Flying High D 06-16-2018 07:11 PM

Fortunately we have Tambas Man Juice to marinate in to carry us during these music times.

KC_Lee 06-16-2018 07:17 PM

If Selena was still alive nobody would know who Jennifer Lopez is.

wazu 06-16-2018 07:23 PM

I’m honestly not sure who Selena is. I’ve heard the name but assumed she was some singer and probably still alive.

Flying High D 06-16-2018 07:25 PM

Did she have a big ass or just the lady who played her in the film? Asking for the Army chaplain.

Easy 6 06-16-2018 07:27 PM

Cobains talent always shone through no matter who was backing him, he rose to fame with many different variations of Nirvana and Grohl was just there for the ride... it was always Kurts band

Cobain would've become something akin to the new Bob Dylan, the musical poet laureate of his generation

Gadzooks 06-16-2018 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daru (Post 13595725)

The 3 examples given were all garbage IMO. Popular music seems to continuously devolve over time.
- 2-Pac wasn't considered great by anyone who enjoyed rap prior to the start of his career. If you grew up while he was in the spotlight, I'd get why you might think he was good but meh. He got himself killed and now he's some sort of legend
- Cobain was pretty talent-less. The producer, Butch Vig, made chicken salad out of chicken shit. Grohl would have left regardless, (notice how Krist Novoselic isn't a member of the Foo-Fighters). Again, I get if you were a kid you would think they were good but feh
- Selena wasn't that hot and had thick eybrows. She would have been replaced by Shakira and Jennifer Lopez, (after she fixed her eyebrows).

When I was a kid I loved Ghost Busters. I watched it after 30 years with my daughter and thought "meh".
Pitbull and DJ Khaled will be considered genius legends in 20 years. Music has taken a horrible turn.

PAChiefsGuy 06-16-2018 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eleazar (Post 13595737)

Read two biographies on Tupac. He'd get shot and killed eventually just like Cobain would have OD'd. He just had way too much of a confrontational I don't give a **** personality to live a long life.

KChiefs1 06-16-2018 08:13 PM

Who?

notorious 06-16-2018 08:25 PM

I wouldn’t have Foo Fighters acoustic to listen to. **** that.

kcxiv 06-16-2018 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gadzooks (Post 13595852)
The 3 examples given were all garbage IMO. Popular music seems to continuously devolve over time.
- 2-Pac wasn't considered great by anyone who enjoyed rap prior to the start of his career. If you grew up while he was in the spotlight, I'd get why you might think he was good but meh. He got himself killed and now he's some sort of legend

How the **** does this even work? in order to be great, you have to do something, its kind of impossible to be great at something before you start it! lol

Tupac even before he does was a ****ing legend. At least out here in the west coast. EVERYONE I mean EVERYONE had ****ing Tupac playing in the DVD players. Hell, Tupac was a ****ing Back up dancer in Digital UNDERGROUND. They gave him a chance to Rap in a song called "same song" after that, never looked back (song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmFDyZ3ytg8 ). Tupac became legend status because he was real about everything and gave 0 ****s.

This was my era, i was in the hood doing hood things back then, hell, i remember when we used to go to the country and party with the Cowboy's, they used to clear out their barns throw a party in them ****ers, nothing but ****ing Tupac and Dr.Dre's the Chronic. Had some awesome times out there! lol Back then, we were fueding with the "black folks" and the White boys had our backs if we were outnumbered! haha, ****! now im going down memory lane here!

TimeForWasp 06-16-2018 08:42 PM

None of them would be as big as mr rodgers

Al Bundy 06-16-2018 08:55 PM

Quote:

Pitbull and DJ Khaled will be considered genius legends in 20 years. Music has taken a horrible turn.

Uhhmmm the moment he appeared with Digital Underground on The Same Song, everyone I knew that liked rap thought he was going to be good.
Pitbull and Khaled will never be considered legends.

notorious 06-16-2018 08:57 PM

Did you just cite a song from “Nothing But Trouble”?

My wife is a huge 2Pac fan and I had to show her that movie.

carcosa 06-16-2018 09:07 PM

Quote:

Oh............

smithandrew051 06-16-2018 09:08 PM

Here’s a few more:

1. What else would John Lennon have accomplished?

2. How would we think of AC/DC had Bon Scott not died? Back in Black was their first Bryan Johnson album. That probably wouldn’t have happened with Bon.

3. How many more albums would Queen have had Freddie Mercury lived?

Gadzooks 06-16-2018 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 13595878)
How the **** does this even work? in order to be great, you have to do something, its kind of impossible to be great at something before you start it! lol

Tupac even before he does was a ****ing legend. At least out here in the west coast. EVERYONE I mean EVERYONE had ****ing Tupac playing in the DVD players. Hell, Tupac was a ****ing Back up dancer in Digital UNDERGROUND. They gave him a chance to Rap in a song called "same song" after that, never looked back (song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmFDyZ3ytg8 ). Tupac became legend status because he was real about everything and gave 0 ****s.

This was my era, i was in the hood doing hood things back then, hell, i remember when we used to go to the country and party with the Cowboy's, they used to clear out their barns throw a party in them ****ers, nothing but ****ing Tupac and Dr.Dre's the Chronic. Had some awesome times out there! lol Back then, we were fueding with the "black folks" and the White boys had our backs if we were outnumbered! haha, ****! now im going down memory lane here!

An odd post but the bold proves my point. If you grew up while he was in the spotlight, I'd get why you might think he was good but meh.

Buehler445 06-16-2018 09:19 PM

Quote:

- Cobain was pretty talent-less. The producer, Butch Vig, made chicken salad out of chicken shit. Grohl would have left regardless, (notice how Krist Novoselic isn't a member of the Foo-Fighters). Again, I get if you were a kid you would think they were good but feh
- Selena wasn't that hot and had thick eybrows. She would have been replaced by Shakira and Jennifer Lopez, (after she fixed her eyebrows).

When I was a kid I loved Ghost Busters. I watched it after 30 years with my daughter and thought "meh".

Good call on Shakira. She was (and still is, frankly) absolutely ****ing smoking. Just brutally hot.

kcxiv 06-16-2018 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gadzooks (Post 13595913)
An odd post but the bold proves my point. If you grew up while he was in the spotlight, I'd get why you might think he was good but meh.

We also used to party with the Rich white kids ALL the ****ing time and at their houses/ranches they would be listening to the SAME music as we were. That was my point, until i went down memory lane! lol they were listening to Tupac and Dr. Dre just as much as anyone else

IowaHawkeyeChief 06-16-2018 09:27 PM

I loved Elvis and still do, but he was playing county fairs and would have still been very important, but not as important. Same for these three.

Buehler445 06-16-2018 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 13595916)
Good call on Shakira. She was (and still is, frankly) absolutely ****ing smoking. Just brutally hot.

In Case We've all forgotten how insanely hot Shakira is.
https://media1.popsugar-assets.com/f...a-Pictures.jpg

notorious 06-16-2018 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 13595954)
In Case We've all forgotten how insanely hot Shakira is.
https://media1.popsugar-assets.com/f...a-Pictures.jpg

......(looks around).......ziiiip..........

ThaVirus 06-16-2018 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flying High D (Post 13595810)
Did she have a big ass or just the lady who played her in the film? Asking for the Army chaplain.

Selena had a nice body

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/27/7e...0e2449fc94.gif

New World Order 06-16-2018 10:45 PM

dayum

wazu 06-16-2018 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 13595986)

Definitely never seen her. Any songs of note that would warrant being mentioned alongside Cobain and Tupac?

Pablo 06-16-2018 10:52 PM

Sometimes when you see clips or videos of a hot dead chick, I feel it's only appropriate to give them the sort of proper tribute they deserve. So I jerk it.

Wouldn't you feel pretty nice if somebody was rubbing one out in your honor 20 years after you were dead?

Nickhead 06-16-2018 11:02 PM

Quote:

after less than 200 posts and you are willing to alienate all friendships you have made and bromance this cat? not nice at all...

ROFL

Nickhead 06-16-2018 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eleazar (Post 13595737)

30X's over :thumb:

Pasta Little Brioni 06-16-2018 11:15 PM

Daru is a mult

Why Not? 06-17-2018 12:35 AM

Some of you guys are ****ing this up. It's not about how 2Pac or Cobain would have eventually died, the question clearly is, what if they were still alive? Generally speaking, it's hard to tell or even guess because how the public digests music is so much different than it was even 20-30 years ago. I can't speak much to 2Pac as that's not really my kinda music(I like California Love, however). The other gal I must confess I know almost nothing about. Cobain is pretty much right up my alley as I was a teenager when Nirvana rose to the height of their time. My guess is that they would enjoy a Pearl Jam-esque type of relevance and still be wildly beloved by many of my generation/age group and probably not given much of a second glance at by the millennials.

-King- 06-17-2018 12:44 AM

Pac would have eventually stopped doing music andbecame an actor full time.
Posted via Mobile Device

Gadzooks 06-17-2018 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nickhead (Post 13595997)
after less than 200 posts and you are willing to alienate all friendships you have made and bromance this cat? not nice at all...

ROFL

Don't be jealous. SR enjoys stroking off the newbs and it's beneficial for the Planet by encouraging new users to post inane/ bizarre 3 part questions that occupy the off-season.

prhom 06-17-2018 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 13596006)
Daru is a mult

IHMO, Daru is best mult. Daru always post when needed or postings are slow on planet of Chiefs.

Coochie liquor 06-17-2018 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Bundy (Post 13595891)
Uhhmmm the moment he appeared with Digital Underground on The Same Song, everyone I knew that liked rap thought he was going to be good.
Pitbull and Khaled will never be considered legends.

Khaled will be a legend because he’s gonna be known as the guy who went on a diet and did weight watchers for years and hasn’t lost shit yet!

ThaVirus 06-17-2018 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 13595989)
Definitely never seen her. Any songs of note that would warrant being mentioned alongside Cobain and Tupac?

You may have heard of Bidi Bidi Bom Bom or Dreaming of You, but she's more of a name in the Hispanic community.

Dayze 06-17-2018 09:21 AM

If Cobain we’re still alive, I wonder if he would still be writing shitty music?
For a while, he cornered the whole “I got a guitar and learned to play it in 2 weeks and formed a band” guitarist.

Of all the grunge music back then, Nirvana/Cobain we’re by far the worst. STP/AIC/soundgarden etc.....so much better. I’ve NEVER understood the Nirvana worship, or Cobain. .

GloucesterChief 06-17-2018 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 13596153)
If Cobain we’re still alive, I wonder if he would still be writing shitty music?
For a while, he cornered the whole “I got a guitar and learned to play it in 2 weeks and formed a band” guitarist.

Of all the grunge music back then, Nirvana/Cobain we’re by far the worst. STP/AIC/soundgarden etc.....so much better. I’ve NEVER understood the Nirvana worship, or Cobain. .

They were the first one to make it big, much to Cobain's detriment. Heroin did so much damage to that scene though that I don't think much would be different.

banecat 06-17-2018 09:58 AM

Quote:

From what I've heard about Cobain was that he pulled his punches for a certain style. He'd scream to throw out his voice for the vocal sound that he wanted. He wanted it to purposely appear raw. One story was that he was having trouble finding a drummer once. His mother suggested that he just use a machine. He told her that it would sound cheap, fake, and not what his goal was

banecat 06-17-2018 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 13595803)
If Selena was still alive nobody would know who Jennifer Lopez is.

So you're telling me that if that crazy lady hadn't shot Selena that JLo may have resorted to being in Penthouse?

banecat 06-17-2018 10:07 AM

These are fun. So what if there had never been a Narvarnar, a Selena, or a Pac? Smells Like Teen Spirit was just the right place and right time. They could've easily ended up just being another band from Seattle and sold what was at the time to be projected at around 50,000 units to be a success. And not exploded bringing a scene to national attention. AIC was already making their way, at least the members of PJ would've eventually found their way into being a serious rock success, and who knows if that would've been a mix of some of the guys from Soundgarden

GloucesterChief 06-17-2018 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by banecat (Post 13596199)
These are fun. So what if there had never been a Narvarnar, a Selena, or a Pac? Smells Like Teen Spirit was just the right place and right time. They could've easily ended up just being another band from Seattle and sold what was at the time to be projected at around 50,000 units to be a success. And not exploded bringing a scene to national attention. AIC was already making their way, at least the members of PJ would've eventually found their way into being a serious rock success, and who knows if that would've been a mix of some of the guys from Soundgarden

Well, Mother Love Bone was the first to get some national attention. Though Andrew Wood ODed on heroin and died just before that. From that came Temple of the Dog and from Temple of the Dog came Pearl Jam. The Seattle scene was already getting some attention before Nirvana blew up. If not Nirvana I think AIC would of been the band that heralded in that sound.

banecat 06-17-2018 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloucesterChief (Post 13596227)
Well, Mother Love Bone was the first to get some national attention. Though Andrew Wood ODed on heroin and died just before that. From that came Temple of the Dog and from Temple of the Dog came Pearl Jam. The Seattle scene was already getting some attention before Nirvana blew up. If not Nirvana I think AIC would of been the band that heralded in that sound.

That's right. Mother Love Bone had some great shit too. Plus they had their own sound of a little bit glam and a little bit grunge for a great style. It's a true shame that Wood died. They should've just plugged Cornell in there and kept on truckin'

htismaqe 06-17-2018 10:23 AM

Funny thread. People like Cobain and Tupac basically paved the way for the garbage music we have today.

banecat 06-17-2018 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 13596238)
Funny thread. People like Cobain and Tupac basically paved the way for the garbage music we have today.

You're right in a lot of ways. What year do you think that music died?

htismaqe 06-17-2018 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by banecat (Post 13596243)
You're right in a lot of ways. What year do you think that music died?

There’s still great music to be had. You just have to go find it now.

GloucesterChief 06-17-2018 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by banecat (Post 13596235)
That's right. Mother Love Bone had some great shit too. Plus they had their own sound of a little bit glam and a little bit grunge for a great style. It's a true shame that Wood died. They should've just plugged Cornell in there and kept on truckin'

Soundgarden was already a band at that point and had released an album or two. Mother Love Bone eventually became Pearl Jam.

banecat 06-17-2018 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 13596253)
There’s still great music to be had. You just have to go find it now.

That's what I basically told a friend that still listens to modern rock. I've been selective since around 2001 with the pool of what I like that's newer anymore becoming smaller and smaller every year since. And since around 2010 it's pretty much a very slow drip. Now I only hear an occasional decent track on a movie or in a show that I'm watching. I'm not searching for shit as there's plenty of great music made before the turn of the century that I can go looking for when I feel so inclined to do so

Skyy God 06-17-2018 05:35 PM

Not the worst 3-some ever.

DJJasonp 06-17-2018 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloucesterChief (Post 13596227)

MLB and Pearl Jam were born at nearly the same time.

lewdog 06-17-2018 06:19 PM

Quote:

Just wondering what’s your favorite band?

Spott 06-17-2018 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Why Not? (Post 13596026)
Some of you guys are ****ing this up. It's not about how 2Pac or Cobain would have eventually died, the question clearly is, what if they were still alive? Generally speaking, it's hard to tell or even guess because how the public digests music is so much different than it was even 20-30 years ago. I can't speak much to 2Pac as that's not really my kinda music(I like California Love, however). The other gal I must confess I know almost nothing about. Cobain is pretty much right up my alley as I was a teenager when Nirvana rose to the height of their time. My guess is that they would enjoy a Pearl Jam-esque type of relevance and still be wildly beloved by many of my generation/age group and probably not given much of a second glance at by the millennials.

That's because millennials like shitty music.

GloucesterChief 06-17-2018 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJJasonp (Post 13596739)
MLB and Pearl Jam were born at nearly the same time.

No they weren't. Stone Gossard and Jeff Ament were in MLB. After Wood died, they formed Temple of the Dog with Cornell and Mike McCready. Eddie Vedder was brought in as a 2nd singer in the group. Pearl Jam formed out of Temple of the Dog as Vedder, Gossard, Ament, and McCready decided to keep playing together. They recruited Dave Krusen and Pearl Jam was born.

Why Not? 06-17-2018 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spott (Post 13596771)
That's because millennials like shitty music.

This is a 100% unarguable fact

Lzen 06-18-2018 07:52 AM

Quote:

This! Almost exactly what I say when describing my reaction to the grunge movement back then.