ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Adrian Peterson is still a shitty human being... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=319010)

The Franchise 11-21-2018 04:43 PM

Adrian Peterson is still a shitty human being...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...z4S?li=BBnba9I

In 2014, Adrian Peterson was charged with felony child abuse, entered a plea deal to misdemeanor reckless assault, and was suspended from the NFL for beating his son. In a shocking new interview, Peterson has admitted that he still hits his son with a belt.

Peterson is no longer on probation for the previous abuse case, but his public admission could draw scrutiny from legal authorities. Different states have different laws about parents physically disciplining their children, and it is unclear from the Bleacher Report article where the incident with the belt took place.

Regardless of any legal issues, Peterson could also now face discipline from the NFL, which made clear when Peterson was suspended in 2014 that his reinstatement was dependent upon his agreeing to go through counseling and be a better father to his children.

“The timing of your potential reinstatement will be based on the results of the counseling and treatment program set forth in this decision,” the league told Peterson in a 2014 letter. “Under this two-step approach, the precise length of the suspension will depend on your actions. We are prepared to put in place a program that can help you to succeed, but no program can succeed without your genuine and continuing engagement. You must commit yourself to your counseling and rehabilitative effort, properly care for your children, and have no further violations of law or league policy.”

If the NFL views Peterson hitting his son with a belt as a failure to “properly care for your children,” he could be suspended regardless of whether he faces criminal charges. The NFL has made it clear with past incidents that players can be disciplined under the personal-conduct policy even if they are not criminally charged.

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell also told Peterson in a letter that Goodell found it troubling that, “You have shown no meaningful remorse for your conduct.” That Peterson is now openly talking about hitting his son with a belt again suggests no meaningful remorse. Peterson may again find himself sanctioned for hitting his son.

58-4ever 11-21-2018 04:50 PM

So, I'm confused.. because he refuses to kiss the ring, they look for conjecture in his speech to enact suspension on hearsay? Interesting.. also, perhaps calling someone a shitty human being is a little much when you have no insight into the real man.

In58men 11-21-2018 04:51 PM

Things sure changed from being raised in the 90s from now.

SAUTO 11-21-2018 04:53 PM

Shitty person for spanking his kids?

The Franchise 11-21-2018 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 58-4ever (Post 13909057)
So, I'm confused.. because he refuses to kiss the ring, they look for conjecture in his speech to enact suspension on hearsay? Interesting.. also, perhaps calling someone a shitty human being is a little much when you have no insight into the real man.

Uhhhhh what?

Dude got suspended because he beat his kid with a tree branch "10-15" times with the kid's pants down. Nevermind that he also stuffed leaves in the kids mouth.

Yep....he's not a shitty human being at all.

The Franchise 11-21-2018 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAUTO (Post 13909063)
Shitty person for spanking his kids?

This isn't an isolated incident. And I don't consider spanking to be the same as hitting your kid with a belt....especially after you told the cops that you whipped him with a tree branch.

58-4ever 11-21-2018 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by In58men (Post 13909060)
Things sure changed from being raised in the 90s from now.

Yes, that's my point.

58-4ever 11-21-2018 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Pest (Post 13909066)
This isn't an isolated incident. And I don't consider spanking to be the same as hitting your kid with a belt....especially after you told the cops that you whipped him with a tree branch.

So tell me about the other incidents. We know about the tree branch one... what are the "other incidents"?

SAUTO 11-21-2018 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Pest (Post 13909066)

Well I can see that I guess lol. My kids don't get spanked much but every once in a while they do with my hand.

Sometimes the older boys that **** around get them too...

The Franchise 11-21-2018 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 58-4ever (Post 13909069)
So tell me about the other incidents. We know about the tree branch one... what are the "other incidents"?

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showt...drian+peterson

Go read through the thread yourself.

The Franchise 11-21-2018 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 10906514)

Totally not a piece of shit....right?

SAUTO 11-21-2018 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Pest (Post 13909077)

I got worse when I was a kid and no one cared. I did ok for myself

SAUTO 11-21-2018 05:03 PM

Not excusing it though

Bump 11-21-2018 05:05 PM

did the kid suffer injury or did it just hurt? That's pretty much where the line should be drawn between a whoopin and child abuse.

58-4ever 11-21-2018 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Pest (Post 13909071)
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showt...drian+peterson

Go read through the thread yourself.

Listen, I get the switch. I don't agree with that AT ALL. I'm just asking about other incidents. What are they? I went to school with the guy and I've seen the work he does in the community and the way he treats others.

I don't know.. just thought it was harsh.

FloridaMan88 11-21-2018 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAUTO (Post 13909081)

This happened to you when you were hit in the name of “corporal punishment”?

Quote:

The lashings left numerous cuts and bruises on the child's legs, back, buttocks, ankles and scrotum.
That is the physical damage inflicted on Adrian Peterson’s four year old son when he was hit with a “switch”.

stevieray 11-21-2018 05:10 PM

spare the rod....

Everything in moderation.

You don't chastise your kids, you don't love them.

big nasty kcnut 11-21-2018 05:16 PM

uh my mom hit me with a wire hanger my dad hit me with a belt and i don't think it child abuse spare the rod spoil the child.

ThaVirus 11-21-2018 05:18 PM

I probably won't hit my kids with objects but I just can't get worked up over this. Sometimes a kid just needs a good ass whooping.

Honestly, I have more of an issue with him actually having like 6 kids by 4 different women (those figures aren't correct but I remember reading that he's got a few baby mamas).

displacedinMN 11-21-2018 05:24 PM

not surprised. Always gave me the creeps.

displacedinMN 11-21-2018 05:26 PM

A little swat on the butt once in a while is not bad. Last time we did that-the kids were 4. They got the idea.

If you are a parent-should not have to go to that extreme (peterson). Someday I will do an AMA about being a teacher. I am starting to look outside education. Anyone hiring in Minnesota?

TribalElder 11-21-2018 05:32 PM

I got swats at school by the principal

my dad showed up and I was expecting him to whoop the principals ass

instead he took a few swings with the principals paddle

kids now days don't get their ass kicked. They hide out online and in safe spaces and avoid it. Getting my ass kicked did me a world of good on more than one occasion

used to get belt whipped with a belt that had buffalo nickels on it.

Society has turned into a giant vagina

CoMoChief 11-21-2018 05:33 PM

Sometimes belt whips will leave marks.

I got whipped with a belt whenever I was little and was acting up.

Rain Man 11-21-2018 05:33 PM

Just tell them that you were drunk and thought the kid was a stripper. /Aqib Talib suiting up

SAUTO 11-21-2018 05:38 PM

My dad said he would whoop the principal and then whoop me afterwards

SAUTO 11-21-2018 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 13909095)

That is the physical damage inflicted on Adrian Peterson’s four year old son when he was hit with a “switch”.

Huh?

FloridaMan88 11-21-2018 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAUTO (Post 13909150)
Huh?

Did you get hit in the head as well? Not a difficult question.

ToxSocks 11-21-2018 05:42 PM

Glad my kid has never needed a swat like that.

He's been spanked, bare hand, maybe 2-3 times in his life.

The fear of discipline is enough for him.

And while i'd love to take credit for the good, respectful and intelligent son that he is, i'm pretty sure he's just wired that way.

58-4ever 11-21-2018 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 13909140)
Just tell them that you were drunk and thought the kid was a stripper. /Aqib Talib suiting up

I think you just won this thread... Pacman Jones would have also been a correct answer.

58-4ever 11-21-2018 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 13909153)
Did you get hit in the head as well? Not a difficult question.

The way you worded it was a bit odd...

displacedinMN 11-21-2018 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribalElder (Post 13909134)
I got swats at school by the principal

my dad showed up and I was expecting him to whoop the principals ass

instead he took a few swings with the principals paddle

kids now days don't get their ass kicked. They hide out online and in safe spaces and avoid it. Getting my ass kicked did me a world of good on more than one occasion

used to get belt whipped with a belt that had buffalo nickels on it.

Society has turned into a giant vagina

I tell students about a kid at school who got paddled. You could hear it. (small school) He came back to class, red as a beat and steam coming out of his ears. slammed his book down and said "I hate the F-ing principal."
The teacher-all 5'4" of her, picked him up out of his desk with her thumb and nail, and drug him back to the office. He got it again. And I am sure he got it at home.

Last I knew-he was in jail for marijuana possession. His brother is in jail for robbing the bank in out home town of 300 people.

Kids today think they are so tough. Mainly because they know no one can look at them wrong without causing a lawsuit. Not a fan of corporal punishment at school-but I would like it to be an option.

FloridaMan88 11-21-2018 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 58-4ever (Post 13909158)
The way you worded it was a bit odd...

Not really, but SAUTO is a braindead dumbshit who can barely comprehend the drive thru menu at McDonald’s so his response is predictable.

displacedinMN 11-21-2018 05:46 PM

I taught with a guy in KC. Said his mom would whip him with Hot Wheels tracks.

ToxSocks 11-21-2018 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 13909112)
I probably won't hit my kids with objects but I just can't get worked up over this. Sometimes a kid just needs a good ass whooping.

Honestly, I have more of an issue with him actually having like 6 kids by 4 different women (those figures aren't correct but I remember reading that he's got a few baby mamas).

There's other ways to teach a kid than a good ass-whoopin'.

Like i said, maybe i'm just lucky, but i find that approaching the situation like he's a man, and treating your boy like he has the maturity to understand the conversation he's about to have, gets the point across better.

He realizes he ****ed up. He realizes he's going to be punished. But he also walks away with the positivity of knowing that his fate is in his own hands.

That's not to say i don't do my share of raising my voice, expressing anger/disappointment and throwing out some, "you're gonna get your ass kicked if you keep that shit up" threats.

Violent, physical pain just isn't necessary. The fear/threat of is generally enough.

Idk, maybe i'm just lucky and my kid is just wired well enough to not need bruises and blood to get the point.

FloridaMan88 11-21-2018 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 13909170)
There's other ways to teach a kid than a good ass-whoopin'.

Like i said, maybe i'm just lucky, but i find that approaching the situation like he's a man, and treating your boy like he has the maturity to understand the conversation he's about to have, gets the point across better.

He realizes he ****ed up. He realizes he's going to be punished. But he also walks away with the positivity of knowing that his fate is in his own hands.

That's not to say i don't do my share of raising my voice, expressing anger/disappointment and throwing out some, "you're gonna get your ass kicked if you keep that shit up" threats.

Violent, physical pain just isn't necessary. The fear/threat of is generally enough.

Idk, maybe i'm just lucky and my kid is just wired well enough to not need bruises and blood to get the point.

This.

When a 6 ft, 200+ lb NFL RB is hitting a four year old with a stick with enough force to leave the kid covered in bruises/cuts, that can only be described as child abuse.

HemiEd 11-21-2018 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 13909095)

That is clearly child abuse, horrific IMO. Very sad to see. Must have been rage and the defenseless child took the brunt.

No hand should be raised to a four year old, they can be punished with much kinder methods.

However, a belt was a pretty darn good deterrent to me and my siblings when we got a little older than that. I think it only took once for me and the same for our two daughters.

Titty Meat 11-21-2018 06:16 PM

Liberal thread

ToxSocks 11-21-2018 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 13909206)
Liberal thread

So child abuse is a conservative thing?

Neat. If you say so...

carcosa 11-21-2018 06:19 PM

I think this thread explains a lot of things about Chiefs Planet dot com!

Also Adrian Peterson has been a great fantasy value pick this season!

Titty Meat 11-21-2018 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 13909209)
So child abuse is a conservative thing?

Neat. If you say so...

Any form of discipline is abuse according to libs

ToxSocks 11-21-2018 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 13909212)

Never go full Billay

rabblerouser 11-21-2018 06:24 PM

Jesus, what a POS. Spanking your child for discipline is one thing, but those pics are disturbing. That's absolutely child abuse and that POS should not be in the league.

kysirsoze 11-21-2018 06:27 PM

Quote:

Impressively stupid post. Good time to make this argument, too. Just well done.

rabblerouser 11-21-2018 06:30 PM

Quote:

Billay, look at the pictures, man.

That's child abuse. I'd KILL someone if they did that to my kid.

rabblerouser 11-21-2018 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 13909172)
This.

When a 6 ft, 200+ lb NFL RB is hitting a four year old with a stick with enough force to leave the kid covered in bruises/cuts, that can only be described as child abuse.

Pretty much this.

WhiteWhale 11-21-2018 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAUTO (Post 13909081)

Terrible argument.

My dad broke my neck when I was 15, and I own a business!

WOW, must be something to it then eh? I'm doing okay for myself.

Pablo 11-21-2018 06:34 PM

He's pure sooner scum.

threebag 11-21-2018 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 13909089)
did the kid suffer injury or did it just hurt? That's pretty much where the line should be drawn between a whoopin and child abuse.

Didn’t he cut his scrotom with the switch? Seems he had a nut exposed.

Sassy Squatch 11-21-2018 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Pest (Post 13909077)

If you can look at those pictures and come away with the notion that nothing wrong was done, something is ****ed in your head. What the **** could a 4 year old even do that would warrant a slap or two on the ass, much less getting the shit whipped out of him with a stick.

WhiteWhale 11-21-2018 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 13909154)
Glad my kid has never needed a swat like that.

He's been spanked, bare hand, maybe 2-3 times in his life.

The fear of discipline is enough for him.

And while i'd love to take credit for the good, respectful and intelligent son that he is, i'm pretty sure he's just wired that way.

That may not be awesome for him in the long run man. Overly agreeable people tend to become doormats in life.

He might need encouragement to really think about himself first and pursue what he wants in life. Some people just put the concerns of others before their own to a degree that isn't healthy.

rabblerouser 11-21-2018 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by threebag02 (Post 13909236)

Jesus.

WhiteWhale 11-21-2018 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 13909249)
Jesus.

I don't remember anything about an exposed nut, but he did leave switch marks (including blood) on his son's nutsack.

It was the only thing Peterson ever expressed any remorse over. He was just hitting him in the ass so hard that the switch bent back 180 degrees and flipped him in the nuts.

Think about how hard you'd have to hit someone with a switch for the switch to bend that far...

rabblerouser 11-21-2018 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 13909239)
If you can look at those pictures and come away with the notion that nothing wrong was done, something is ****ed in your head. What the **** could a 4 year old even do that would warrant a slap or two on the ass, much less getting the shit whipped out of him with a stick.

I've never 100% cosigned to a Superturtle post. I 100% cosign to this Superturtle post quoted above.

HARD COSIGN.

Molitoth 11-21-2018 06:44 PM

I got the belt bare ass if I deserved it.

rabblerouser 11-21-2018 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 13909250)
I don't remember anything about an exposed nut, but he did leave switch marks (including blood) on his son's nutsack.

It was the only thing Peterson ever expressed any remorse over. He was just hitting him in the ass so hard that the switch bent back 180 degrees and flipped him in the nuts.

Think about how hard you'd have to hit someone with a switch for the switch to bend that far...

That's absolutely horrible.

WhiteWhale 11-21-2018 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 13909254)
I got belt the bare ass if I deserved it. I turned out find and appreciate it.

Thread isn't about you.

rabblerouser 11-21-2018 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 13909254)
I got belt the bare ass if I deserved it. I turned out find and appreciate it.

Cool story, bro.

rabblerouser 11-21-2018 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 13909256)
Thread isn't about you.

Exactly.

Molitoth 11-21-2018 06:48 PM

The switch thing is too far Imo.
But a belt to the ass isn't anything new.

I wouldn't do it to my kids, but it's really not anyone's business what any of you do as a parent.

Sassy Squatch 11-21-2018 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 13909250)

I haven't spanked a kid before, but is it typical to hit them as hard as you possibly can with whatever object you're using? JFC.

Easy 6 11-21-2018 06:54 PM

I got the red ass from a few switches, at least one belt, and then a principal in third grade who used a wooden paddle with drag reducing holes drilled into it on my bare ass

It had a name and everything, like Negans bat or some shit lol... the Whistler or something along those lines

Dont remember what I did to make it happen, but distinctly remember those lessons with no particular trauma and most likely had it coming

But yeah, Peterson went overboard leaving scabby scars like that on a 4 year old... nothing a 4 year old is capable of justifies that, its just clearly over the line

Spanked each of mine with a bare hand ptobably 3-4 times, but only a couple times on a bare butt... there isnt any particular guilt about it, but do remember always wishing I'd figured out a better way when it was over

"This hurts me more than it hurts you..."

WhiteWhale 11-21-2018 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 13909263)
I haven't spanked a kid before, but is it typical to hit them as hard as you possibly can with whatever object you're using? JFC.

Dunno man.

I'm not a big supporter of 'beating the shit out of young boys makes men out of them' mentality. Most of the people talking shit about how acceptable this should be would NEVER do this to a 4 year old girl, but are totally okay with abusing a young boy.

IF this was Peterson's daughter there would be NOBODY defending it.

WhiteWhale 11-21-2018 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 13909268)
I got the red ass from a few switches, at least one belt, and then a principal in third grade who used a wooden paddle with drag reducing holes drilled into it on my bare ass

It had a name and everything, like Negans bat or some shit lol... the Whistler or something along those lines

Dont remember what I did to make it happen, but distinctly remember those lessons with no particular trauma and most likely had it coming

But yeah, Peterson went overboard leaving scabby scars like that on a 4 year old... nothing a 4 year old is capable of justifies that, its just clearly over the line

Spanked each of mine with a bare hand ptobably 3-4 times, but only a couple times on a bare butt... there isnt any particular guilt about it, but do remember always wishing I'd figured out a better way when it was over

"This hurts me more than it hurts you..."

I don't really like when things like this become some referendum on spanking.

Anything can be taken too far. You can never lay a hand on your kids and discipline them only verbally and do MORE damage if you're reckless or irresponsible.

ToxSocks 11-21-2018 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 13909270)

Anything can be taken too far. You can never lay a hand on your kids and discipline them only verbally and do MORE damage if you're reckless or irresponsible.

On top of that, i'd always like to ask these same people if they felt that getting whipped by a switch was the only way they could've learned.

They're essentially saying, "Yup, you had to beat my ass black and blue with a switch for me to figure it out..."

I have a very hard time believing that you genuinely felt that way as a child.

You're now looking back at your childhood as an adult going, "Hey, that happened to me and Im an Ok person, so i guess it was no big deal and maybe even great that it happened!".

kysirsoze 11-21-2018 07:02 PM

Is it possible to spank using a belt or some other weapon without going too far? I guess so. But why on Earth would you? The hand is more than adequate if you choose to spank your kid. How much pain do you really need to inflict? Pretty ****ed up.

And this asshole has shown that he has rage issues and lacks restraint. If there is a parent out there that can responsibly and safely wield a belt on their child, he ain't it. I hope the authorities investigate him again.

ToxSocks 11-21-2018 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 13909244)
That may not be awesome for him in the long run man. Overly agreeable people tend to become doormats in life.

He might need encouragement to really think about himself first and pursue what he wants in life. Some people just put the concerns of others before their own to a degree that isn't healthy.

He's young. Only 11. I'm sure his teenage years will be rife with him thinking of himself first and only.

Chief Roundup 11-21-2018 07:13 PM

I would like a clarification on "hitting" his son with a belt.
If he is "hitting" his son on the butt with a belt that is a spanking not hitting.

Pablo 11-21-2018 07:15 PM

Daddy took the weedeater to my back when I misbehaved and I turned out to be a totally normal CP poster! Always made me put on fresh line before he did it. The memory of sobbing as I was rigging that Stihl up still makes me smile to this day. Because it taught me a lesson!

Pitt Gorilla 11-21-2018 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 13909261)
The switch thing is too far Imo.
But a belt to the ass isn't anything new.

I wouldn't do it to my kids, but it's really not anyone's business what any of you do as a parent.

I mean, it absolutely is. A lot of folks don’t take kindly to abuse, sexual or otherwise.

MahiMike 11-21-2018 07:23 PM

My dad spanked me with the belt so much I had his name imprinted on my ass.

Easy 6 11-21-2018 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 13909270)

Agreed

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 13909272)
On top of that, i'd always like to ask these same people if they felt that getting whipped by a switch was the only way they could've learned.

They're essentially saying, "Yup, you had to beat my ass black and blue with a switch for me to figure it out..."

I have a very hard time believing that you genuinely felt that way as a child.

You're now looking back at your childhood as an adult going, "Hey, that happened to me and Im an Ok person, so i guess it was no big deal and maybe even great that it happened!".

You're starting to sound awful preachy here

Theres no need to drag everyone with varying experiences from various eras, into some debate about who holds the high ground on this issue

Is it right or wrong, should it be tolerated in modern society? all I can say is that dishing it out didnt suit me... but its also probably not my place to tell someone else how to parent, provided they're not leaving scabby welts on a 4 year old

BryanBusby 11-21-2018 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by threebag02 (Post 13909236)

Definitely was hitting his kid in the testicles with a switch. No idea how anyone can defend the piece of shit.

WhiteWhale 11-21-2018 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 13909303)
Agreed

You're starting to sound awful preachy here

Theres no need to drag everyone with varying experiences from various eras, into some debate about who holds the high ground on this issue

Is it right or wrong, should it be tolerated in modern society? all I can say is that dishing it out didnt suit me... but its also probably not my place to tell someone else how to parent, provided they're not leaving scabby welts on a 4 year old

I think spanking is lazy parenting. You're not really addressing the core of the misbehavior and instead just using violence to get compliance.

That said, there's about a million things worse than spanking a kid. Abusing a kid with a switch until he's covered in bruises and blood from his knees to his belly button INCLUDING on his nutsack would be one of those million things. it's a damn muddy issue. There's whipping a kid who needs whipping and there's cruel abuse of power over a child. Where that line should be drawn is NOT something universally agreed upon.

stevieray 11-21-2018 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 13909340)
I think spanking is lazy parenting. You're not really addressing the core of the misbehavior and instead just using violence to get compliance.

Ya, if that's all you're doing.

Spanking is about timing and the severity of the misbehavior.

And let's not pretend that some kids aren't just flat out stubborn and rebellious, regardless.

KCUnited 11-21-2018 08:25 PM

Paragraphs on parenting!

stevieray 11-21-2018 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 13909345)
Paragraphs on parenting!

More like perplexities...:D

Especially when your kids are 25, 22 & 5. :eek:

DrunkBassGuitar 11-21-2018 08:29 PM

My dad would get super drunk and punch me in the face when I was 3. But I love him so theres no way it was abuse. My mom shot me in the face and I turned out fine.

stevieray 11-21-2018 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrunkBassGuitar (Post 13909351)
My dad would get super drunk and punch me in the face when I was 3.

....great memory.

WhiteWhale 11-21-2018 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 13909344)
Ya, if that's all you're doing.

Spanking is about timing and the severity of the misbehavior.

And let's not pretend that some kids aren't just flat out stubborn and rebellious, regardless.

I don't disagree at all.

I had this friend who told his kid over and over to stay out of the ****ing street. Over and over. He tried all the other things. The last time she did it was the ONLY TIME he's spanked her, and he told her before 'next time you do that I"m going to whip your butt."

She never tried that shit again.

Life is messy. There is no 'always correct' way to do anything that involves human interaction, but there are things that are always wrong. Like switching a 4 year old until his scrotum is bleeding.

stevieray 11-21-2018 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 13909360)
I don't disagree at all.

I had this friend who told his kid over and over to stay out of the ****ing street. Over and over. He tried all the other things. The last time she did it was the ONLY TIME he's spanked her, and he told her before 'next time you do that I"m going to whip your butt."

She never tried that shit again.

Life is messy. There is no 'always correct' way to do anything that involves human interaction, but there are things that are always wrong. Like switching a 4 year old until his scrotum is bleeding.

Amen.