ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Your final 53 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=339559)

oldman 08-27-2021 10:12 PM

Your final 53

Call your final 53. Be prepared to defend your roster.

OFF (25)
QB (2) Mahomes, Henne
RB (3) CEH, McKinnon, Williams
FB (0)
WR (6) Hill, Hardman, Pringle, DRob, Fountain, Kemp
TE (4) Kelce, Bell, Fortson, Gray
OT (4) Brown, Niang, Remmers, PTW
OG (4) Thuney, Smith, LDT, Allegretti
C (2) Humphrey, Blythe
DEF (25)
DE (6) Clark, Jones, Okafor, Danna, Kaindoh, T. Ward, Harris
DT (4) Nnadi, Reed, Wharton, Saunders
LB (5) Gay, Hitchens, Bolton, Niemann, Cobb
CB (6) Sneed, C. Ward, Fenton, Hughes, Keyes, Baker
S (4) Mathieu, Sorenson, Thornhill, Watts
ST (3)
Winchester, Townsend, Butker
My logic is:
Williams over Gore since Williams is a good blocker. No FB because both Gray and Fortson can play H-back. LDT is too expensive to cut. Allegretti and Blythe can both play C/G. I never want to see Wylie in a Chiefs uniform again and the Prince looks good. DRob and Kemp because there's no one else. Blythe can be put on IR after the final roster for a pick up.
Jones can play inside and out, so it's really 5 and 5 on the D-line. I question Clark's future. Cobb over DOD any day of the week.
I'd like to figure out some way to keep Buechele, but I can't seem to find a viable cut. I'm not sure I want to part ways with either Bell or Blythe just yet.

JakeF 08-27-2021 10:14 PM

Mine won't be the same as Andy Reid's so not much point. :sulk:

Pitt Gorilla 08-27-2021 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldman (Post 15804157)
Call your final 53. Be prepared to defend your roster.

OFF (25)
QB (2) Mahomes, Henne
RB (3) CEH, McKinnon, Williams
FB (0)
C (2) Humphrey, Blythe
DEF (25)
DE (6) Clark, Jones, Okafor, Danna, Kaindoh, T. Ward
ST (3)
My logic is:
Williams over Gore since Williams is a good blocker. No FB because both Gray and Fortson can play H-back. LDT is too expensive to cut. Allegretti and Blythe can both play C/G. I never want to see Wylie in a Chiefs uniform again and the Prince looks good. DRob and Kemp because there's no one else. Blythe can be put on IR after the final roster for a pick up.
Jones can play inside and out, so it's really 5 and 5 on the D-line. I question Clark's future. Cobb over DOD any day of the week.
I'd like to figure out some way to keep Buechele, but I can't seem to find a viable cut. I'm not sure I want to part ways with either Bell or Blythe just yet.

I think Wylie makes it and Prince goes back to the PS.

BlackOp 08-27-2021 10:38 PM

I'd like to see Gore over Williams....he's made more plays in 2 games than I can remember Williams making.

He's got natural talent...might come down to ST play and LR politics.

Surely the Chiefs can do better than just a dependable blocker...DW has always been slightly above average.

Rain Man 08-27-2021 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 15804186)
I think Wylie makes it and Prince goes back to the PS.

I thought Andy usually went light on the OL as well. I don't see us carrying 10 OL on the active roster. I think we go nine max and use the tenth spot for Gore or someone else.

BigRedChief 08-27-2021 10:51 PM

Andy is going to have a fullback so you need to cut someone else.

BigRedChief 08-27-2021 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 15804206)
I thought Andy usually went light on the OL as well. I don't see us carrying 10 OL on the active roster. I think we go nine max and use the tenth spot for Gore or someone else.

I agree with the logic. But, the trauma from the SB may make them keep more backup insurance.

ThyKingdomCome15 08-27-2021 10:53 PM

Williams is broke dick, PUP. Gore stays.

BlackOp 08-27-2021 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 15804208)

It'll likely come down to who they think will actually make it to the practice squad...

Fortson wont...TE's with good hands are in short supply.

If people are being honest...he looked better than Noah Gray.

oldman 08-27-2021 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 15804206)

I'm thinking Blythe will go on IR after the 1st, so that opens up a roster spot. I had a hard time picking Williams over Gore, so I'd be OK with Gore over Williams if that's what Andy wants to do.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 08-27-2021 11:00 PM

This basically confirms all 4 TEs will be on the roster. Mahomes about to cum himself just thinking about it

suzzer99 08-27-2021 11:07 PM

http://chiefsdigest.com/rosterology-...s-2021-roster/

Matt Derrick's final 53.

JakeF 08-27-2021 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 15804208)

Can Darrel Williams play RB/FB?

That way we can keep some of our new talents at TE and RB?

Namely Fortson and Gore, they both really do seem to have that something extra.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 08-27-2021 11:14 PM

Gore runs like Shady McCoy. It’s like they are the same player

ToxSocks 08-27-2021 11:14 PM

There will be 26 on offense, 24 on defense. Both Gore and Fortson will make it. And Darrel Willams. (c'mon, cut Williams, really?)

ThyKingdomCome15 08-27-2021 11:18 PM

Keyes doesn't make it, PS. Fenton sticks.

ThyKingdomCome15 08-27-2021 11:23 PM

Williams use to be JAG. He hasn't elevated himself much past that. He can kinda do it all but has not one time flashed the potential Gore has.

I'm not saying Williams has to go. I'd cut Fountain before Gore.

Kellerfox 08-27-2021 11:26 PM

I think we have 4 combined RB/FB (so adding Burton, Thompson, or Gore to OP) and 9 combined WR/TE (subtracting 1 WR or TE from OP). I don’t feel confident speculating how Andy/Veach make those numbers… but I think that’s the balance we end up with.

BlackOp 08-27-2021 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzzer99 (Post 15804226)

His WR choices are what I was thinking too...Powell will be PS...the only reason he wont be cut is because he was actually drafted.

I was thinking that Fountain looked like Watkins....then I checked ...both 6-1, 210. Watkins 40 4.34...Fountain 4.46

Tribal Warfare 08-27-2021 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15 (Post 15804210)
Williams is broke dick, PUP. Gore stays.

CEH is approaching broke dick status too

ThyKingdomCome15 08-27-2021 11:28 PM

I can't remember a time roster cuts were this brutal.

ThyKingdomCome15 08-27-2021 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 15804238)
CEH is approaching broke dick status too

Had today been the Super Bowl he would have played. It's precaution.

lcarus 08-27-2021 11:36 PM

It's ridiculous how deep the team is at so many positions. Even guys deep on the chart like Tyler Clark, Dicaprio Bootle, Maurice Ffrench and Marlon Character had some nice plays.

Dante84 08-27-2021 11:45 PM

We have depth everywhere. It’s almost too much; like we are top heavy and bottom heavy… almost want to pair a non-elite starter and a good depth piece or two from other spots to net an upgrade at that starter position.

Or do we just trade guys and accrue extra mid-late picks, and then use the extra picks to trade up for studs?

What a weird problem to have in modern football.

Mecca 08-27-2021 11:47 PM

Why can't this team cut ****in Wylie, dude is a bum.

Chieftain 08-28-2021 12:35 AM

That's the most complete roster of any Chiefs team I can remember. Depth at both OL and DL. Any team that has that is tough to beat.

neech 08-28-2021 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 15804248)
We have depth everywhere. It’s almost too much; like we are top heavy and bottom heavy… almost want to pair a non-elite starter and a good depth piece or two from other spots to net an upgrade at that starter position.

Or do we just trade guys and accrue extra mid-late picks, and then use the extra picks to trade up for studs?

The guillotine requires bodies to quench its thirst by next Tuesday.

Reroka 08-28-2021 12:56 AM

I hope we keep Buechele and gore.

UK_Chief 08-28-2021 02:26 AM

Looks like WR May be our weakest position. After Hill it’s a bit meh. Strange for an offensive juggernaut…

Mecca 08-28-2021 02:44 AM

Let's offer a bag of shit to Jacksonville for CJ Henderson, the new staff apparently hates him.

Phoneix 08-28-2021 02:59 AM

OFF (26)
QB (2) Mahomes, Henne
RB (4) CEH, McKinnon, Gore, Williams
FB (0)
TE (4) Kelce, Bell, Grey, Fortson
OT (4) Brown, Niang, Remmers, Wylie
C (2) Humphrey, Blythe
DEF (24)
DE (5) Clark, Jones, Danna, Okafor, Kaindoh
LB (4) Gay, Hitchens, Bolton, Niemann
CB (6) Sneed, C. Ward, Fenton, Hughes, Baker, Keys
ST (3) Winchester, Townsend, Butker

PS: T.Ward, Buechele, Powell, Bootle, Key, PTW, Durant, Cobb

Mecca 08-28-2021 03:05 AM

Something I think is being a bit overlooked is Wanogho can actually play LT that alone should net him a spot over someone like Wylie.

BlackOp 08-28-2021 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoneix (Post 15804323)
OFF (26)
QB (2) Mahomes, Henne
RB (4) CEH, McKinnon, Gore, Williams
FB (0)
OT (4) Brown, Niang, Remmers, Wylie
C (2) Humphrey, Blythe
DEF (24)
DE (5) Clark, Jones, Danna, Okafor, Kaindoh
LB (4) Gay, Hitchens, Bolton, Niemann
CB (6) Sneed, C. Ward, Fenton, Hughes, Baker, Keys
ST (3) Winchester, Townsend, Butker

PS: T.Ward, Buechele, Powell, Bootle, Key, PTW, Durant, Cobb

Solid list...maybe switch T. Ward and Kaindoh?

oldman 08-28-2021 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 15804324)
Something I think is being a bit overlooked is Wanogho can actually play LT that alone should net him a spot over someone like Wylie.

Wylie's only claim to a roster spot is just that. We're 2 deep at both Gs and PTW has a much higher ceiling.

You can't just "PS" a player and just walk away. He has to be put on waivers or be cut. Now if you think you can sneak a promising player like Fountain, Keyes, or PTW past 31 other teams, that's OK. But those 31 other teams are watching our cuts very closely due to our success. If you want 4 RBs, who do you cut for the roster spot? I know Andy likes FBs, but doesn't a H-back basically do the same thing? If you want 26 on offense, who do you let go on D? If I'm the GM of another team, why would I trade anything when I know I can get that player after the 1st for free? Name the player to cut for the player to keep.

Bowser 08-28-2021 08:24 AM

Will Fortson allow them to only go with five WRs?

- Hill
- Hardman
- Robinson
- Pringle
- Kemp
- Fortson (TE/WR)

smithandrew051 08-28-2021 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 15804248)

I’m all for Veach acquiring as many mid-late picks as possible. He has been incredible in those rounds.

Hog's Gone Fishin 08-28-2021 08:35 AM

Kemp sure showed up last night, he's in. Gore has made 100% of the opportunity given. Gotta find a spot for him. Robinson must read CP in his spare time because he was solid last night in his short time on the field. Fountain has potential thats still untapped. What a solid roster we have.

Hoover 08-28-2021 08:36 AM

Offense 25

QB (2) Mahomes, Henne
RB (4) CEH, McKinnon, Gore
FB (0)
OT (4) Brown, Niang, Remmers, Wiley
OG (3) Thuney, Smith, LDT, Durant
C (2) Humphrey, Allegretti

Defense 25

ST (3)

Wisconsin_Chief 08-28-2021 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 15804324)

I’m fairly convinced Andrew Wylie is Andy’s bastard son and is going to be on this team for at least 10 years. I’ve never seen a more below average player get so many opportunities.

Hog's Gone Fishin 08-28-2021 08:38 AM

I know everyone loves Winchester but it sure seems a waste of a roster spot for one guy just to snap the ball. Why can't Blythe or Humphrey do that???

old_geezer 08-28-2021 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief (Post 15804399)
I’m fairly convinced Andrew Wylie is Andy’s bastard son and is going to be on this team for at least 10 years. I’ve never seen a more below average player get so many opportunities.

Can you say Gehrig Dieter?

smithandrew051 08-28-2021 08:52 AM

Unless like Deiter or someone like that makes the team, it’s really hard to imagine being disappointed with the final 53.

Hog's Gone Fishin 08-28-2021 08:55 AM

Practice squad rules:

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2021...ibility-salary

Hardly a year goes by without the NFL tinkering with the rules governing the practice squads for its 32 teams, and with the pandemic adding an extra degree of complexity, here’s a rundown of the key things you need to know about the practice squad in 2021.

16-man practice squads

The NFL is carrying over the 16-man practice squad from last year to allow teams more flexibility as they continue to deal with the pandemic. A 16-man squad allows teams to maintain more depth, but it will also impact roster strategies around the league.

Up to six “veterans” per practice squad

The league now allows six players per practice squad with an unlimited number of accrued seasons, making it easier for teams to have experienced players on their practice squad.

Additionally, the league allows up to four players per team who have earned no more than two accrued seasons. An accrued season means a player was on full pay status on a club’s active/inactive, reserved/injured or reserve/physically unable to perform lists. This covers basically the entire rookie classes of 2019 and 2020, both drafted and undrafted players, regardless of how many NFL games they played. The Cowboys are not going to attempt to smuggle their top draft picks onto the practice squad, but it could be an opportunity for fringe players with one or two accrued seasons like QB Ben DiNucci, LB Azur Kamara, or DE Ron’Dell Carter.

Finally, all rookies are practice squad eligible, along with all players that were on the active list for fewer than nine regular season games during their one accrued season.

Up to two “promotable” players

The NFL allows teams to promote two players from the practice squad to the 53-man roster (effectively creating a 55-man roster), but these players revert back to the practice squad after the game.

One COVID-related promotion.

In addition to the two promoted players, teams can promote one additional practice squad player within 90 minutes before kickoff in the event of a late COVID-19 positive test result. Teams may think about keeping a QB around on the PS specifically for the scenario where the entire regular QB room falls under COVID protocols, as happened last year with the Broncos, who suddenly found themselves without a QB on gameday.

Up to four “protected” players

In principle, practice squad players can be signed to another team’s 53-man roster at any time. However, each team is allowed to protect up to four of their practice squad players per week, meaning they cannot be signed by another team.

The reason for all these new rules and expanded rosters is the refusal by the NFL to postpone games when COVID-19 protocols put teams at a competitive disadvantage; the expanded practice squad roster is designed to alleviate that.

General practice squad basics

Practice squad players practice with the team. They do not play in games, unless they are promoted (see above)
Not all players are eligible to be signed to NFL practice squads (see eligibility rules above).
Practice squad players are paid per week and can be released at any point during the season.
Practice squad players are free to sign with other NFL teams (with the exception of the four protected players described above), but they have to be signed to the 53-man active roster of the acquiring team. A practice squad player cannot be signed to another practice squad unless he is first released.
A practice squad player can not sign with his team’s upcoming opponent, unless he does so six days before the upcoming game or 10 days if his team is currently on a bye week.
If a practice squad player is signed to the active roster, he will receive a minimum of three weekly paychecks, even if he is released before spending three weeks with the new team.
In order to be signed to a practice squad after being released, a player must first clear waivers, and is subject to waiver claims by other teams
Salary

Practice squad players earn significantly less than players on the active roster, but they still take home a solid weekly paycheck. In 2021, all players with two or fewer accrued seasons make a minimum of $9,200 per week that they are on the practice squad. Veterans with more than two accrued seasons get a minimum of $14,000 per week.

To protect their players from other teams, or because they really like the potential of a given player, some teams pay their roster squad players significantly more. There is no limit to how much a team can pay a player on the practice squad, although the practice squad contracts do count against the salary cap.

The upside of being on the practice squad is that if a player is called up to the 53-man regular roster, either by his own team or by another team, he automatically signs a contract with the $660,000 minimum NFL salary. And because three weeks of that contract are guaranteed, even if that player is released, waived or traded before the three weeks are up, being called up comes with a $101,000 guarantee (3/18th of $660,000).

At the end of the day, every Cowboys player has to pass through waivers before the Cowboys can re-sign him to their practice squad, which always carries the risk of that player being picked up by another team.

Teams reduced their rosters to 80 players today, and the final roster cuts to 53 players have to be done by Tuesday, Aug. 31, 4:00 pm ET.

The claiming period for players placed on waivers during the final cut to the 53-man rosters across the league will expire at 4:00 PM ET on September 1st.

Starting at 4:00 pm ET on September 1st, teams can begin signing players to their practice squads.

BigRedChief 08-28-2021 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin (Post 15804401)
I know everyone loves Winchester but it sure seems a waste of a roster spot for one guy just to snap the ball. Why can't Blythe or Humphrey do that???

Every team in college and the pros has a long snapper. One mistake and it can cost you a TD.

gblowfish 08-28-2021 09:00 AM

I think Oldman's list is pretty close. I do believe they'll keep a fullback to replace The Sausage, and I hope they cut DRob. One thing for sure, most of the guys we cut will have a good shot at getting picked up by lesser teams. A lot of our castoffs will be roster improvements for other NFL clubs, and that's not a bad thing. It means we've developed some awesome depth.

ThyKingdomCome15 08-28-2021 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 15804398)
Offense 25

QB (2) Mahomes, Henne
RB (4) CEH, McKinnon, Gore
FB (0)
OT (4) Brown, Niang, Remmers, Wiley
OG (3) Thuney, Smith, LDT, Durant

Defense 25

ST (3)

I like that list a lot.

Notable Cuts

-Blythe
-Long
-Powell
-Burton
-RB Williams
-DT Clark
-Bootle
-Key

Random Ramblings

I don't like keeping Keyes on the 53. I like him on the PS. With that we can keep RB Williams.

I wouldn't keep Allegretti over Blythe.

-I don't like Wylie over that OT Tea... (I forget his name) kid. I simply just don't like Wylie in general. Cut him.

-Not a fan of LDT either.

-On the fence about Durant.

-I don't like cutting a player like RB Williams and keeping trash like Wylie. If I'm Reid I'm not allowing it. I'd go with light depth on the OL. Remmers and crazy name kid behind Zeus and Niang is enough.

- I'd keep 8 offensive linemen. Behind the starters are Blythe, Tea Whoohoo, and Remmers. Maybe LDT too. But certainly not 10.

Hog's Gone Fishin 08-28-2021 09:05 AM

Just think how good Beuchelle would be behind our starting OL. Surely he'll make it to the PS though because for a team to pick him up he'd have to be placed on their 53

BigRedChief 08-28-2021 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15 (Post 15804436)
I'd go with light depth on the OL

No. No. No. **** that shit. It cost us a SB. Lets repeat the same mistake? :shake:

ThyKingdomCome15 08-28-2021 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 15804443)
No. No. No. **** that shit. It cost us a SB. Lets repeat the same mistake? :shake:

The depth is far better, it's just not as many. If we have that many injuries again then LDT and Long won't save us.

Remmers would be the RT. I gotta look that kid's name up but he'd be the LT. WAY better. Blythe would fill in nicely and can play any interior spot.

Keeping old broke dicks is why we got in trouble in the first place.

Long, LDT, and Wylie need to pack their bags.

ThyKingdomCome15 08-28-2021 09:14 AM

Prince Tega... W! That's our back up LT. He'd T-Bag JPP and JPP would like it.

Wisconsin_Chief 08-28-2021 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by old_geezer (Post 15804416)
Can you say Gehrig Dieter?

Yeah but he hasn’t actually had a significant role in his time. Wylie always seems to find his way into the starting lineup at some point.

IowaHawkeyeChief 08-28-2021 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldman (Post 15804216)
I'm thinking Blythe will go on IR after the 1st, so that opens up a roster spot. I had a hard time picking Williams over Gore, so I'd be OK with Gore over Williams if that's what Andy wants to do.

sports hernia is only 3-4 weeks. They may put Blythe on IR for 3 weeks but ultimately it's probably him or Alligretti, and Blythe looked better in the first two games. Williams will be ahead of Gore, although I like Gore and hope he doesn't get picket up and can be stashed.

ThyKingdomCome15 08-28-2021 09:29 AM

Go ahead and put Blythe on IR. Humphrey will be fine. If we need him mid season we have him.

ThyKingdomCome15 08-28-2021 10:37 AM

Cut Kemp/Blythe/Allegretti/Wylie and you can keep Gore. I don't think thats too much to ask.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sports....134548391.html

Hoover 08-28-2021 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15 (Post 15804533)
Cut Kemp/Blythe/Allegretti/Wylie and you can keep Gore. I don't think thats too much to ask.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sports....134548391.html

Jesus dude, there is no way you cut a guy like Allegretti.

Blythe is gone due to injury, he's not making the 53

louie aguiar 08-28-2021 10:44 AM

Could Thornhill start the year on the pup list? I don’t think he played last night.

ThyKingdomCome15 08-28-2021 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 15804535)
Jesus dude, there is no way you cut a guy like Allegretti.

Blythe is gone due to injury, he's not making the 53

I'm going off the article. They said Blythe is on the 53.

So Blythe to PUP, keep 9 OL, and Gore makes it!

Abba-Dabba 08-28-2021 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by louie aguiar (Post 15804543)
Could Thornhill start the year on the pup list? I don’t think he played last night.

I thought I saw 22 out there in the 3rd quarter. I could be mistaken though.

Skyy God 08-28-2021 10:54 AM

They’ll keep 9 OL.

Starters plus Allegretti, Remmers, Blythe, and PTW.

We saw what happened last year without a competent backup LT.

Molitoth 08-28-2021 11:04 AM

If we went with 3 TE's I'd drop Bell because Fortson looks like a complete beast.

I'd also keep GORE over Williams.

booger 08-28-2021 11:05 AM

Offense 26

QB (2) Mahomes, Henne
RB (3) CEH, Williams, McKinnon
FB (1) Burton
I know Andy likes a FB but I could easily swap out A 4th RB whether that’s Gore, Thompson, or a RB not currently on the roster.

WR (7) Hill, Hardman, Pringle, DRob, Kemp, Fountain, Powell
I’m one spot heavy here but don’t want to lose Powell on waivers.

OG (3) Thuney, Smith, LDT
I would initially keep Blythe here and I.R. him. Release Bell for the roster spot and re-sign Bell a day later. He’s not subject to waivers and is on a one year contract so minimal cap cost to cut and then are-sign. Long stays on P.U.P.

Defense 24
DE (6) Clark, Jones, Okafor, Danna, T. Ward, Kaindoh (Herring stays on N.F.I.)
CB (5) Sneed, C. Ward, Fenton, Hughes, Baker

ST (3)

The last spot for me came down to Powell, Darrius Harris, O’Daniel(personally ready to move on from him. Like him on ST but too damn light at LB) Keyes, Key/Z.Anderson, Gore. As far as OL goes LDT-Remmers-Allegretti is a pretty good group of backups to start. I look at it like PTW over Wiley because I think they can afford to develop him with the versatility of Thuney to play LT as well as Niang. If they trade someone this is where I would see it I think. Powell, PTW, Fountain, one of Gray or Fortson, one of T. Ward or Kaindoh...you have to have whatever it is now 5-7 inactives on game day. So it’s a balanced of helping now and not giving up quality depth

With the extra 2 spots for game day elevation from the PS we could even see guys like Taco Charlton or Parks who you wouldn’t normally see those guys. Then Dieter and Lammons. Guys like Lammons might very well make it somewhere else as a 4-5th cb on a weak roster. Same thing with Demone Harris at DE. Those borderline guys who have plateaued or reached their ceiling but are still young. They really had a stacked 90 man roster. Like at S they have Key, Anderson, and Clemons that you have to figure all 3 won’t be claimed so bring back 1-2 of those Guys. Bootle would be nice to stash on the PS. Similar player to Lammons. If you get both back great. If not there’s 2 of the same type players that is graded somewhat even IMO. If you lose Keyes hopefully you still have Marlon Character who didn’t play much. Developmental type in the same mold as Keyes. Tyler Clark at DT. Some of these guys will get claimed and become available again being right on that boarder line.

Always an interesting yet anti climatic time of year

Redbled 08-28-2021 11:14 AM

Don’t see them cutting Wiley when he was featured on a show they produced.

Someone explain how the IL works in regards to the 53 and if we are able to stash some guys there to avoid cutting Gore etc. Gore has been very impressive. Nice moves and pretty powerful too.

Wallymo 08-28-2021 11:21 AM

I don't think Ward would make it through waivers. He has shown too much to sneak him back to the practice squad. Has there been a game in which Ward hasn't dominated when given the chance? He may have an opportunity to be a regular in the rotation this season.

Prince may also be too good to risk another team claiming him. Finding another left tackle with his physical profile would be challenging. He's progressed a ton. There is also the (slight!) risk that Orlando Brown doesn't pan out or is injured. PTW could be more than a temporary replacement. Versatility is great and all, but a potentially dominant back-up to the left tackle position would still be my preference.

Pasta Little Brioni 08-28-2021 11:24 AM

The best QB in the league heading the best roster in the league. Are we dreaming?

louie aguiar 08-28-2021 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother (Post 15804602)
The best QB in the league heading the best roster in the league. Are we dreaming?

It’s crazy- this has to be the best roster of the Reid/Mahomes era

Phoneix 08-28-2021 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 15804325)
Solid list...maybe switch T. Ward and Kaindoh?

I thought about that but I’m not sure Kaindoh makes it thru waivers but maybe ward does.

Pasta Little Brioni 08-28-2021 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by louie aguiar (Post 15804609)
It’s crazy- this has to be the best roster of the Reid/Mahomes era

Tompon Bay revenge tour.

booger 08-28-2021 11:36 AM

I look at the Wiley vs PTW and think versatility wise I would rather see Prince fill in at G even though he is a T they have had plenty of luck with Wiesmann types playing inside at G if needed. But he has longer arm length and has better feet outside at T. Wiley at either tackle spot is just as bad as Remmers at LT IMO. Wiley doesn’t really have the same LG-RG-RT versatility Remmers has. On paper maybe but the results aren’t pretty. He really has looked uncomfortable to me when playing RT

oldman 08-28-2021 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redbled (Post 15804574)
Don’t see them cutting Wiley when he was featured on a show they produced.

Someone explain how the IL works in regards to the 53 and if we are able to stash some guys there to avoid cutting Gore etc. Gore has been very impressive. Nice moves and pretty powerful too.

I never want to see Wylie in a Chiefs uniform again. He almost got our All-World QB killed in the SB.

If you want to bring a guy back this season from IR, he must be on the final 53.

booger 08-28-2021 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin (Post 15804401)

It would be fine for short snapping/field goals/pat’s to use a lineman. It’s punts and covering them running down the field to make the tackle that could cost you. Vermeil used to talk about that and wanting to use Jared Allen because he was a good long snapper. Even then he decided against it. I get what you’re saying though. Like keeping a 3rd qb on the 53 vs the taxi squad

Wilson8 08-28-2021 12:40 PM

2021 Chiefs Roster

Offense - 26
QB (2) Patrick Mahomes and Chad Henne
PS Shane Buechele. Anthony Gordon, if Buechele gets picked up by NFL team.

RB/FB (4) Clyde Edwards-Helaire, Darrel Williams, Jerick McKinnon, and Michael Burton.
PS Darwin Thompson and/or Derrick Gore.

WR (6) Tyreek Hill, Mecole Hardman, Byron Pringle, Demarcus Robinson, Marcus Kemp, and Daurice Fountain.
PS Cornell Powell

OL (10) LT Orlando Brown , LG Joe Thuney, C Creed Humphry, RG Trey Smith , RT, Lucas Niang, C/G Nick Allegretti, OL Andrew Wylie, C/G Austin Blythe, G Laurent Duvernay-Tardif, and OL Mike Remmers.
PUP OL Kyle Long
PS Yasir Durant and Prince Tega Wanogho
If LDT or Blythe need more time from injury, then they will go on IR after original 53 declared and Wanogho will be brought back.

TE (4) Travis Kelce, Blake Bell, Noah Gray, and Jody Fortson.

Defense - 24
DL (10) Frank Clark, Chris Jones, Jurran Reed, Derrick Nnadi, Khalen Saunders, Michael Danna, Tershawn Wharton, Joshua Kaindoh, Alex Okafor, and Tim Ward

LB (5) Anthony Hitchens, Willie Gay Jr, Ben Niemann, Nick Bolton, and Omari Cobb
PS Darius Harris

S (4) Tyrann Mathieu, Armani Watts, Juan Thornhill, and Daniel Sorensen.
PS Devon Key
CB/DB (5) Charvarius Ward, Rashad Fenton, L’Jarius Sneed, , Deandre Baker, and Mike Hughes.
PS Thakarius Bopete Keyes

SPECIAL TEAMS (3) – K Harrison Butker, LS James Winchester, and P Tommy Townsend

scho63 08-28-2021 01:03 PM

Some players I was impressed with:

Pringle
Fountain
Gore
Burton
Hughes

Chief Roundup 08-28-2021 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldman (Post 15804664)
I never want to see Wylie in a Chiefs uniform again. He almost got our All-World QB killed in the SB.

If you want to bring a guy back this season from IR, he must be on the final 53.

Our final 53 will not be on Tuesday. It will be Sept. 2cd or 3rd.

saphojunkie 08-28-2021 01:18 PM

QB (2) Mahomes, Henne
OL (10) Brown, Thuney, Humphrey, Smith, Niang, Wylie, alegretti, Blythe, wanogho, Remmers
RB (4) CEH, McKinnon, Gore, Burton
WR (6) Hill, Hardman, Robinson, Pringle, Fountain, Kemp

ST (3) Townsend, Butker, Winchester

DL (10) F. Clark, reed, nnadi, Jones, Saunders, Wharton, ward, danna, kaindoh, t. Clark
LB (4) Hitch, gay, Bolton, Harris
CB (6) Sneed, ward, Hughes, baker, Keyes, Fenton
S (4) Matthieu, Thirnhill, Sorensen, watts,

PUP: Kyle Long

Notable cuts:

LDT, durant, Devon key, Williams, buechelle, Thompson

Chief Roundup 08-28-2021 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 15804717)
QB (2) Mahomes, Henne
OL (10) Brown, Thuney, Humphrey, Smith, Niang, Wylie, alegretti, Blythe, wanogho, Remmers
RB (4) CEH, McKinnon, Gore, Burton
WR (6) Hill, Hardman, Robinson, Pringle, Fountain, Kemp

ST (3) Townsend, Butker, Winchester

DL (10) F. Clark, reed, nnadi, Jones, Saunders, Wharton, ward, danna, kaindoh, t. Clark
LB (4) Hitch, gay, Bolton, Harris
CB (6) Sneed, ward, Hughes, baker, Keyes, Fenton
S (4) Matthieu, Thirnhill, Sorensen, watts,

PUP: Kyle Long

Notable cuts:

LDT, durant, Devon key, Williams, Buechele, Thompson

LDT contract is fully guaranteed. It is highly unlikely that he gets cut.

neech 08-28-2021 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 15804733)
LDT contract is fully guaranteed. It is highly unlikely that he gets cut.

Mecca says that doesn’t matter and LDT gets the hook anyway.

oldman 08-28-2021 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 15804716)
Our final 53 will not be on Tuesday. It will be Sept. 2cd or 3rd.

Perhaps I should have said the "official roster per league rules". I agree, we probably won't know until later that week. But for the purposes of who's cut and who can be placed on IR, it's 4 PM (Eastern) on Aug. 31.

Quote:

Originally Posted by neech (Post 15804738)
Mecca says that doesn’t matter and LDT gets the hook anyway.

Not happening. He has a $4.75 M cap hit. We've already paid him the prorated $2 M signing bonus, so we're still paying him $2.75M this year. He'd be the starter this year except Smith has exceeded all expectations. TBH, I doubt he'll come back next year, he'll retire and play doctor in Montreal.

frozenchief 08-28-2021 02:50 PM

Even if we disagree, I love this discussion because it shows that KC has a problem for which most teams would kill: we have too many good players and we are struggling to find a way to keep them all.

I still remember Reid's first year here. The week after the final cut down, we wound up picking up 6 or 7 guys who were cut from other teams. 10% of our squad came to us because they weren't good enough to play for another team. This year, though, other teams are going to be combing through the guys that we cut. These are great days to be Chiefs fans.

ThyKingdomCome15 08-28-2021 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldman (Post 15804809)
Perhaps I should have said the "official roster per league rules". I agree, we probably won't know until later that week. But for the purposes of who's cut and who can be placed on IR, it's 4 PM (Eastern) on Aug. 31.

Not happening. He has a $4.75 M cap hit. We've already paid him the prorated $2 M signing bonus, so we're still paying him $2.75M this year. He'd be the starter this year except Smith has exceeded all expectations. TBH, I doubt he'll come back next year, he'll retire and play doctor in Montreal.

What's the difference in paying a cut player and paying a bench player? He's a back up and not a great one at that. He's on the wrong side of 30 and took a year off.

oldman 08-28-2021 03:42 PM

If it comes down to Blythe vs. LDT, I'll take LDT. LDT is a proven commodity and would be the starter without Smith. He won't be 31 until next year. Andy is going to keep at least 9 OL and I hope one of them isn't Wylie. As to your question about paying a cut player to a bench player, you have to pay that bench player that took his place too.

But Frozenchief brings up a good point. We're the team with the riches now, not the beggars of 2013. Take a look at the final roster, especially on the O and all the transactions it took to get there. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_K..._Chiefs_season