ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Archives (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Have your fun here... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=7911)

Dog Day 09-24-2000 06:07 PM

Just two observations:

The Broncos clearly aren't that good of football team to lose at home to a team like the Chiefs.

What the hell is up with all these ridiculous pass interference calls?

Enjoy the win. <P>

KCTitus 09-24-2000 06:08 PM

Drew,

I think you must mean all those missed calls, in reality the Denver D'backs got away with a ton, especially Crockett

------------------
Jim Reynolds
Please no squiggles in my discussion zone!

scooter 09-24-2000 06:08 PM

Not to mention all the interference calls on Crockett that weren't called. There could have been a few more.

ChiTown 09-24-2000 06:09 PM

Three in a row.

------------------
CHIEFS

scooter 09-24-2000 06:10 PM

Oops, looks like Logical and I were thinking the same thing at the same time. You must be really a bright person Logical http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif<BR>

KCTitus 09-24-2000 06:12 PM

Yes it is obvious we saw the same game, wonder if Drew was watching some other game and just became confused.

AustinChief 09-24-2000 06:13 PM

The PI calls?? Oh, c'mon, what a load of bunk.

Drew - is this the same team that used petroluem jelly on their jerseys during a playoff game, the same team that was threatened with fines for illegally juggling Elway's salary, the same team that chop blocked so harshly that the NFL had to make it illegal (and the same team that still occasionally chop blocks I might add).

To cry about the calls is less than manly.

Just admit the better team won as you wipe those eyes with that badly color coordinated orange and blue towel.

Dog Day 09-24-2000 06:14 PM

Yeah, whatever guys. You stole one. No need to write fiction in a situation like that.<BR>

Dog Day 09-24-2000 06:15 PM

You win and you're still crying about crap that happened years ago. That's definately not manly.<P>

Joe Seahawk 09-24-2000 06:17 PM

We stole one? More like you gave one away. "Must be magic in them there red pants!"

AZ

j molina 09-24-2000 06:17 PM

Wow . . . . seems like someone here is a poor loser.

Once again, Brad will be the only Bronco fan that stands up and shows some real class.

Everyone else offers excuses.

AustinChief 09-24-2000 06:18 PM

TBT - I said the same thing.

Drew just can't handle a loss. He will outgrow that someday.... then again looking at Vance, maybe not.

Raiderhater 09-24-2000 06:19 PM

Drew:

"Yeah, whatever guys. You stole one. No need to write fiction in a situation like that."

Talk about a sore loser......

We didn't steal one Drew, we WON AT MILE HIGH no matter how you try to paint it.

Quit trying to taint the victory and just be man enough to admit defeat.

mmaddog

------------------
"When you're not the lead dog in the pack, the view is always the same"

scott in spfd 09-24-2000 06:23 PM

I think we all need to get together and extend a big Mile High Salute to our Bronco bretheren. You know, the one with three fingers and a thumb missing.

Mosbonian 09-24-2000 06:26 PM

Drew: sounds like excuses to me...

No excuses, your team got beat.

Be prepared tomorrow morning, I have a lot to Cut and paste http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

j molina 09-24-2000 06:28 PM

A FINAL TRIBUTE TO BRONCO GREAT SHANNON SHARPE:

After the game today, KC files out of Mile High for the final time . . . . .

Later on that night when it is time to close down the joint and lock the doors, someone spots a man in red with a #59 on his back. He turns the key, wipes his brow and walks off spinning the key ring around on his finger while having a big smile on his face.

(Don't worry . . . you'll get the keys back in time for the next home game, but only if you pay us rent)

http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif

ansonsdad 09-24-2000 06:30 PM

TBT: LOL, nice post. http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif

bkkcoh 09-24-2000 06:35 PM

Drew,
Thanks for coming on the BB and taking the smack (although the squiggles need to go). Honestly, Denver played a dominant game. When is Mile High being blown? If not until after the season, there is a SLIM chance that the Chiefs may play there again in the post-season!

gh4chiefs 09-24-2000 06:36 PM

Hey, let's hand it to Drew for being the ONLY Donx fan with the sack to show up and take his medicine. He may be whining, but at least he's here.

I guess the Rat will have to up his referee pay-offs....

I SPOKE TOO SOON! Mile High is here as well.

------------------
Frazod

Have I ever mentioned that I hate Denver?

[This message has been edited by frazod (edited 09-24-2000).]

scott in spfd 09-24-2000 06:39 PM

I'll second that. You got huevos grande, boy.

Dog Day 09-24-2000 07:01 PM

For the record, I'm not making excuse on the P.I. thing. They were all overcomeable. I just wish they'd let them play football. I guaruntee you, you guys will have reason to ***** about the same thing at some point this year.

The fact is, KC buckled down when they had to. Denver had two redzone tries that ended up being FGs and you don't win games doing that. KC had five minutes and 80 yards and they marched down the field and scored. That's simply unacceptable from the Denver perspective and great gumption from the KC perspective.

KC won fair and square. What's troublesome from the Denver point of view is that Denver DID run the ball and KC COULDNT run the ball, and Denver still lost. That's not a good sign for Bronco fans.

Again, enjoy the win. Luckily for Denver, we just cleared the toughest part of the schedule.

ChiefsAlltheWay 09-24-2000 07:12 PM

A game like today makes me really happy that Elway is out playing golf instead of playing QB. I would have hated for him to be QB today down by 1 pt with 2 minutes left.

G_Man 09-24-2000 07:16 PM

Drew - Just as long as you are not complaining about the PI on the final drive where Buckly was hung all over Alexander, because that was to obvious not to call.

G_Man 09-24-2000 07:18 PM

Mizzou - You have to love the fact that they really have not had much in the way of a two minute offense since he retired, I know it puts a litte grin on my face every time they are not able to come back.

gh4chiefs 09-24-2000 07:25 PM

I'm beginning to think this Broncos curse was a personal thing between Elway and Marty. Too bad they both didn't quit a couple of years earlier.

Perhaps we're seeing the beginning of a Cunningham curse on Denver? They certainly haven't done shit since he took over.

I sure hope this trend continues. What goes around comes around.

------------------
Frazod

bigdaddychieffan 09-24-2000 07:29 PM

I'm still amazed at our Mile High record since '94: 4-3!! http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/eek.gif That's impressive - as much as we hate to admit it, Mile High's only true rival as 'toughest venue in the NFL' is Arrowhead.

ChiefsAlltheWay 09-24-2000 07:35 PM

Morph,
If Elway was still playing, I would have turned the TV off after the Chiefs gave the ball back w/2 minutes left because he would have surely beaten us.

Dog Day 09-24-2000 07:35 PM

Morp:

No, I was thinking more about the one that took away the Int. and the one on the Gonzales TD drive. But, like I said, they were overcomeable.

gh4chiefs 09-24-2000 07:39 PM

Good point, Mizzou. If there ever was a time when the evile Elway had a chance to beat us in the closing seconds and DIDN'T, I don't remember it. I just remember nearly breaking my foot on numerous occasions kicking things after he did.

Thank God he's gone!

------------------
Frazod

ChiefsAlltheWay 09-24-2000 07:45 PM

Frazod,

The only times I can remember Elway having a chance in the closing minutes & not beating us were at Arrowhead. I don't think I can remember us ever stopping him in the last 5 minutes in mile high.

gh4chiefs 09-24-2000 07:48 PM

We should stop talking about this. This is a day of victory and happy thoughts, not nightmarish memories. Darth Vader is gone, and he ain't coming back.

------------------
Frazod

Tomahawk 11 09-24-2000 08:15 PM

DanT, I'm with you, man. That seems really wrong and potentially career-threatening. Are we SURE that it's really legal?

------------------
GO PITT!

G_Man 09-24-2000 08:15 PM

Dan - That was disgusting and really cheap.

wutamess 09-25-2000 07:57 AM

Well, it could have been a bit more gracious, but thank you, Drew.

xoxo~
gaz
taking what he can get.<BR>

Dog Day 09-25-2000 08:11 AM

I'm just naturally bitter after a loss, I guess.

Now that I've had time to digest the game, I have to give KC props on a suprisingly quick defense that tackles very well. There were a couple of times that they swallowed plays that looked like they were going for more. They stopped Denver on 7 goal-to-go plays, which I think was the key.

Also, Grbac played with great poise. However, I've always thought Elvis was better than a lot of Chief fans give him credit for.

I'm thinking the AFC West is significantly better than most of us anticipated at the begining of the season. It should be a pretty intense season.

wutamess 09-25-2000 08:26 AM

Drew-

I was surprised that Denver tried to pound it in when the short passing game was working quite well. Pleased, but surprised.

I still covet your OC. We continued to run up the middle into the strength of the Denver D and the results were self-explanatory. Denver mixed up the runs nicely. I would like to see Raye try some of that, rather than taking the Gunhard Butt express all the time.

I thought Grbac as a mistake. I am coming to realize that he is a better QB than I gave him credit for. The Skybox Stooge has seriously hampered him by awful play calling. I may have to revise my opinion on Grbac being our QBOTF.

xoxo~
gaz
willing to trade Raye.<BR>

Shootr 09-25-2000 08:46 AM

Aw Drew, There were a few that Crockett and Co. got away with.

Dog Day 09-25-2000 08:48 AM

My brother's theory on the Bronco play calling was that they didn't trust Frerotte to throw much in the redzone. Last year, when some of the offense was still a mystery to Griese, he made his biggest mistakes in the redzone. I guess they figured Denver's Oline, playing at home in all, could when that little testosterone war inside the five, and they didn't come through.<BR>

wutamess 09-25-2000 08:56 AM

I thought Gus did pretty well in the dinkdunk game. It was a mistake, IMO, to keep pounding against the heart of the KC Defense [after all, we showed you all day long that it doesn’t work]. My naughty bits were shriveled awaiting a rollout and pass to the TE or McCaffrey. Fortunately for my bits, that did not happen. And those stops [even though they resulted in FGs] got our D pumped.

xoxo~
gaz
thought Raye might be calling those plays.<BR>

wutamess 09-25-2000 09:01 AM

As far as the trust is concerned, your brother could be right, but it is the epitome of stupidity, IMO [the coaches, not your brother].

Gunther/Raye didn’t trust our Offense to throw against a stacked line against the Colts. We ran up the middle over and over. Result: we lost.

Schottenheimer didn’t trust our secondary with the lead against the Titans’ backup QB and went to the Prevent Defense. Result: we lost.

The Denver coaches didn’t trust the starting QB to throw in the redzone on three separate occasions. Result?

Football is not a game for coaches who are faint of heart. I expect that kind of behavior from Schottenheimer, but I was surprised to see it from the Denver staff.

xoxo~
gaz
trust is a must.<BR>

Mosbonian 09-25-2000 09:02 AM

I would like to add to Gaz's assertion and I was livid when the Chiefs on their own 3 CONCEEDED the punt by running the ball 3 straight times. We didnt even try to get the ball downfield.

wutamess 09-25-2000 09:08 AM

KCTitus-

Yes, I’m afraid I was blistering Mrs. Gaz’s ears right about then.

xoxo~
gaz
has calmed down considerably since then.<BR>

G_Man 09-25-2000 09:17 AM

Drew #35, I have to say that is one of the biggest pleasures for me, the fact that our D has not been missing many tackles. Of course they will miss a couple, but that happens. The safety Wesley has been a great tackler for a rookie, very solid and very hard hitter, I have grown to love watching the guy. I feel that this may be our biggest hope against the Rams who thrive off the big play, if our defenders can make the tackle I think we might have a change, keyword might.

Dog Day 09-25-2000 09:25 AM

Yeah, missed tackles kill you. I think it was on the game winning drive that Al Wilson missed a tackle in the flat that was the difference between third and long and third and two. Advantage offense. You just can't have it.

Gaz,

I agree completely. Why Denver goes conservative in the redzone is a complete mystery. You gotta let your guys play, or at least attack a D where it might be vunerable. Considering Denver's redzone futility against the Raiders and then the Chiefs, I imagine that Shanahan will adjust and Denver will start taking more chances. Field goals don't cut it anywhere outside the NFC Central.