ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Poop Josh burns bridges (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=237460)

LaChapelle 11-28-2010 11:32 AM

Josh burns bridges

http://view.atdmt.com/M0N/view/202144667/direct/01/
Report: McDaniels explains to coaching staff differences between Spygate I and II

Posted by Mike Florio on November 28, 2010, 12:24 PM EST

Former Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels has managed to maintain a good relationship with his former boss, Patriots coach Bill Belichick.

Until now.

Jay Glazer of FOX reports that McDaniels met with his staff on Friday to explain the circumstances surrounding Spygate II, which supposedly arose from the one-time-only videotaping of a 49ers’ walk-through practice by a rogue video operator, Steve Scarnecchia. And McDaniels distinguished the situation from the original Spygate, which arose apparently from years of videotaping of in-game defensive coaching signals.

“That was practiced, that was coached, that was worked on,” McDaniels said in reference to the Patriots’ past practices, per Glazer.

McDaniels also warned his staff to keep their mouths shut. “If this gets out, there are jobs on the line,” McDaniels told the staff, per Glazer.

So why did it get out? It possibly had something to do with the fact that, after the 59-14 loss to the Raiders, McDaniels took the staff to owner Pat Bowlen and lambasted them, according to Glazer.

Glazer also reports that there are “raised eyebrows” in the facility, based on the perception that McDaniels threw Scarnecchia under the bus. Which implies that there’s a belief within the organization that, while McDaniels and Scarnecchia didn’t get their stories together after the fact, they possibly got their stories together before the fact.

Indeed, the sense remains that, even though McDaniels claims he didn’t watch the tape and that Scarnecchia acted alone, Scarnecchia was the Dawson and/or Downey in this situation, and McDaniels ordered the Code Red. (Hat tip to FNIA producer Joe Gesue for that one.)

<!--/post-links-->

wazu 11-28-2010 11:37 AM

Bowlen must have already known. Searched hard to find somebody who could elevate the level of cheating they had already been doing for years.

LaChapelle 11-28-2010 11:38 AM

Belichick is a dirty cheat
but I hired the guy who did the dirty work

Bowser 11-28-2010 11:40 AM

This is as good as finding the 100 bucks in your jeans you totally forgot about.

BigRedChief 11-28-2010 11:40 AM

People around the league are talking about him.

/Haley

rad 11-28-2010 11:40 AM

We want him on that sideline; We NEED him on that sideline....

Bane 11-28-2010 11:42 AM

McCamera is the biggest piece of shit to ever become a HC in the NFL.

KCbroncoHATER 11-28-2010 11:42 AM

He should be fired for this but Bowlen has a lot of power inside the NFL and called off the dogs.

He can't afford to lose McKid in mid season.

Bane 11-28-2010 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCbroncoHATER (Post 7202958)
He should be fired for this but Bowlen has a lot of power inside the NFL and called off the dogs.

He can't afford to lose McKid in mid season.

IMO it would be awesome to see the worlds greatest owner have to pay 3 HC's to run his team,but I would much rather McCamera stay for 25 years.

TEX 11-28-2010 11:46 AM

I could care less about McDanials and Denver cheating. We have known they have been cheating for years. What I care about is the fact that Denver kicked our asses. The Chiefs need to do something about that next week.

LaChapelle 11-28-2010 11:46 AM

Pioli needs to hire a PR firm
guilt by association everything needs filtered
and spotless

wazu 11-28-2010 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaChapelle (Post 7202931)
So why did it get out? It possibly had something to do with the fact that, after the 59-14 loss to the Raiders, McDaniels took the staff to owner Pat Bowlen and lambasted them, according to Glazer.

Seriously, dragging his staff into the owners office to tear them apart in front of the boss? ZERO accountability. Such a weak move. If I'm Bowlen I would have immediately lost whatever confidence I had left in his leadership ability. Only thing to do at that point is dismiss the assistant coaches, and fire McDaniels on the spot Donald Trump-style.

the Talking Can 11-28-2010 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 7202969)
I could care less sMcDanials and Denver cheating. What I care about is the fact that Denver kicked our asses. The Chiefs need to do something about that next week.

i care

and those cheating mofo's deserve to lose draft picks

BigMeatballDave 11-28-2010 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 7202969)
I could care less sMcDanials and Denver cheating. What I care about is the fact that Denver kicked our asses. The Chiefs need to do something about that next week.

As long as the Chiefs win. That all I care about. Even if its 6-3.

BigMeatballDave 11-28-2010 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 7202975)
i care

and those cheating mofo's deserve to lose draft picks

For the life of me I cannot understand how they fined Harrison $75,000 for a HIT in a GAME, but slap Denver on the wrist with $100,000.