ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Tamba's Suspension More Costly? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=262750)

Micjones 08-23-2012 09:19 AM

Tamba's Suspension More Costly?

The story.
Quote:

http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.word...3760.jpg?w=242

Chiefs linebacker Tamba Hali’s one-game suspension and one-game fine is guaranteed to cost him $1.32 million of his $11.25 million base salary for 2012. He’ll also lose a significant chunk of guaranteed money for 2013.

A league source tells PFT that the suspension for violating the substance-abuse policy voids $7.75 million in guaranteed payments for 2013, under the terms of a contact signed in 2011. Hali is still due to earn $12.25 million, and he’ll get all of the money he’s due to receive as long as the Chiefs don’t cut him.

If the Chiefs would cut Hali, he’d become a free agent, and he’d be able to sign elsewhere.

The Franchise 08-23-2012 09:20 AM

If the Chiefs cut Hali......Pioli should be shot in the head.

Micjones 08-23-2012 09:21 AM

I had no idea he was going to lose additional jack.
Didn't see it posted anywhere on the forum.

BoneKrusher 08-23-2012 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8844123)
If the Chiefs cut Hali......Pioli should be shot in the head.

i was just about to say something close to this. :D

DaFace 08-23-2012 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 8844124)
I had no idea he was going to lose additional jack.
Didn't see it posted anywhere on the forum.

Unless I'm reading it wrong, the only way he loses more than the $1.32 million is if he gets cut next year. And if that happens, the fans would revolt.

-King- 08-23-2012 09:26 AM

Tamba Hali's Suspension Affects His Contract In A Way That Probably Doesn't Matter

by Joel Thorman on Aug 21, 2012 9:11 AM CDT

When Tamba Hali was issued his suspension he voided guarantees in his contract set to be paid in 2013. Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk reports the substance abuse policy violation voided nearly $8 million in guarantees.

That sounds costly but it likely won't be. The voided guarantee only comes into play if the Chiefs are planing to cut Hali by 2013 which no one has ever suggested they're planning to do. (Except Carson Palmer, Philip Rivers and come November, Peyton Manning.)

Hali is due over $11 million this year. Next year he's due over $12 million. The final two years of the deal (2014 and 2015) are a combined $13 million in base salary which is roughly half of what they're paying him in base this year and next.

The contract is set up to benefit the Chiefs in the latter years of the deal which is part of the reason I don't think they'd pay out three straight years of a double digit base salary and then walk away when that number is cut in half.

Oh, and Tamba is really, really good as what he does. That's the other reason the Chiefs won't cut him.

Radar Chief 08-23-2012 09:27 AM

Holy shit! :eek:
So one little puff, puff, pass is going to cost him >$8 M?
That’s insane.

Brock 08-23-2012 09:28 AM

Florio can't write for shit.

Reerun_KC 08-23-2012 09:28 AM

Man that guys screwed his pay up royally...

The Franchise 08-23-2012 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 8844134)
Holy shit! :eek:
So one little puff, puff, pass is going to cost him >$8 M?
That’s insane.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 8844136)
Man that guys screwed his pay up royally...

JFC.....only if the Chiefs cut him.....which isn't going to happen.

Micjones 08-23-2012 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 8844131)
Tamba Hali's Suspension Affects His Contract In A Way That Probably Doesn't Matter

by Joel Thorman on Aug 21, 2012 9:11 AM CDT

When Tamba Hali was issued his suspension he voided guarantees in his contract set to be paid in 2013. Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk reports the substance abuse policy violation voided nearly $8 million in guarantees.

That sounds costly but it likely won't be. The voided guarantee only comes into play if the Chiefs are planing to cut Hali by 2013 which no one has ever suggested they're planning to do. (Except Carson Palmer, Philip Rivers and come November, Peyton Manning.)

Hali is due over $11 million this year. Next year he's due over $12 million. The final two years of the deal (2014 and 2015) are a combined $13 million in base salary which is roughly half of what they're paying him in base this year and next.

The contract is set up to benefit the Chiefs in the latter years of the deal which is part of the reason I don't think they'd pay out three straight years of a double digit base salary and then walk away when that number is cut in half.

Oh, and Tamba is really, really good as what he does. That's the other reason the Chiefs won't cut him.

Oh okay. Florio sure wrote that up in a weird way then.

Reerun_KC 08-23-2012 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8844141)
JFC.....only if the Chiefs cut him.....which isn't going to happen.

Well we arent all as "rich" as you. But a one-game suspension and one-game fine is guaranteed to cost him $1.32 million .

Yeah 1.32 million is pocket change to guys like you...

Ace Gunner 08-23-2012 09:40 AM

Pioli drafted Justin Houston knowing he was just jacked up, I don't see any reason to think Pioli would cut or trade Hali for this.

Mr. Laz 08-23-2012 09:44 AM

a non-story

unless Hali goes nuts and does a bunch of stupid stuff, the Chiefs aren't going to cut Hali.

this is just reporter bullshit because they can't think of anything to write about.

I think Hali is going to get fined 2 game checks ... which hurts.

Black Bob 08-23-2012 09:47 AM

Did we ever get the story on what he did? Was it weed or roids?