ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Poop Why do I keep buying ribeyes when ... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=276759)

vailpass 09-30-2013 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 10035271)
I found the problem. Your taste buds are clearly ****ed.

:D

Baby Lee 09-30-2013 02:45 PM

Quote:

Hey! Not RM's fault!! Golden Corral has an exclusive contract.

R8RFAN 09-30-2013 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 10032778)
Chuckeye huh? Is that actually what it is called? If so, I haven't seen it.

I'd like something that's close to ribeye but more affordable.

And if I'm voting...ribeye over strip steak all day for me.

Chuck Eye Steaks

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...uck_steaks.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chuck_steak

Usually Half the price of Ribeyes but damn near as tender

BigMeatballDave 09-30-2013 03:18 PM

Yeah, Chuckeye is pretty good.

Easy 6 09-30-2013 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 10035177)
I do like chuck eye, but I just really disagree with you on the bolded. They're nowhere near the quality of a ribeye, IYAM. They're pretty good on flavor (they do need some help), but they're not tender at all.

I just don't want anyone to expect one thing and get something else... I do like the chuck eye cut, though. If I want steak and don't want to spend much money, I'll almost always buy a chuck eye.

Gahhh, you're such a purist... for almost half the price, chuckeye IS close to the same quality when you balance out cost vs tenderness/texture, cook them right and its close enough.

Look at the pic R8ers posted, thats nice marbling, almost indistinguishable from a ribeye... and damn, wish my grocer cut them like that, those are some fatties.

Dartgod 09-30-2013 04:13 PM

Every time I read this thread title, I see it as "Why do I keep burning ribeyes when ..."

Rain Man 09-30-2013 04:37 PM

Quote:

No, no. Pibb Extra is the natural pairing with filet and other red meats. The fruity taste of the peppery drinks matches well with the dense flavor of the red meats.

In contrast, the classic coke and pepsi products are best with pork dishes and the occasional dense, strongly flavored fish such as mahi mahi. Lighter fish pairs well with Sierra Mists and Sprites.

ghak99 09-30-2013 04:51 PM

Quote:

ROFL

I quit drinking soda/pop about a year ago. Food tastes so much better after you quit flooding your system with that crap.

I did it a few years ago for about a year until a long period of traveling put me back on the stuff and after a few weeks I was back to using quite a bit more smoke, seasonings, and salt instead of being able to enjoy more of the natural flavor. If I could go ahead and quit the Gatorade this time around I think it would get even better.

R8RFAN 09-30-2013 05:08 PM

Just keep in mind it's a chuck eye steak and not a chuck steak

Big Difference

OnTheWarpath15 09-30-2013 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 10032792)
Why buy a strip when you get a strip and more in a t bone?

Can't help but think of Tommy Boy reading this thread.

Tommy: Hey, I’ll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher’s ass by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn’t you rather to take his word for it?

Mr. Brady, Customer: What? I’m failing to make the connection here.

Tommy: No, I mean is, you can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking your head up a butcher’s ass… No, wait. It’s gotta be your bull.

Richard: Wow.

GloryDayz 10-06-2013 08:39 AM

Well I tried the chuck eye cut last night, did nothing to if beyond the normal "Montreal Steak-in-Butter" that a grill all steaks with, and it was indeed awesome. Yes, there was a bit more fat to cut away, but it wasn't anything that 99% of humans on earth would notice as being different. I did a blind taste test with the neighbor, and he thought it was rib eye. He's an accountant and, well, "frugal" - so he's sold forever. I'll say this, next time I entertain a larger group this will be what I serve as long as I get to be selective on the individual steaks as I suspect as the cut gets farther from the rib cuts the marbling might change dramatically.

But on balance, it was AWESOME!!

mr. tegu 10-06-2013 08:46 AM

If you want cheap ribeyes just buy rib roasts that will be going on sale for the holidays. You typically see those for $6 per pound and that is for choice meat so just buy that, cut your own steaks out, and freeze them.

buddha 10-06-2013 09:00 AM

The strip is good, but it's dry.

A properly grilled ribeye is better every day of the week.

Still...I enjoy the variety afforded by a T-Bone.

R8RFAN 10-06-2013 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 10050824)
Well I tried the chuck eye cut last night, did nothing to if beyond the normal "Montreal Steak-in-Butter" that a grill all steaks with, and it was indeed awesome. Yes, there was a bit more fat to cut away, but it wasn't anything that 99% of humans on earth would notice as being different. I did a blind taste test with the neighbor, and he thought it was rib eye. He's an accountant and, well, "frugal" - so he's sold forever. I'll say this, next time I entertain a larger group this will be what I serve as long as I get to be selective on the individual steaks as I suspect as the cut gets farther from the rib cuts the marbling might change dramatically.

But on balance, it was AWESOME!!

You just can't beat them for the price... :thumb:

ChiefsFanatic 10-06-2013 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 10027866)
Marbling makes a fatty, delicious piece of meat.

It deserves the love.

Ribeye for me.

Truth