ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports 2013-2014 Official NBA Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=275118)

RealSNR 11-13-2013 08:54 PM

Cavs are ****ing putrid tonight. I don't get a chance to watch them very often at all, and this particular game against the Wolves isn't doing much to impress me.

I need to watch them when they're just not disjointed and terrible, I know. But like... are people serious when they say they're a top 10 NBA roster in terms of talent? Is it Mike Brown? I'm just not seeing it.

Irving's great, yes. Waiters is great, yes. Are they Durant and Westbrook? Not even ****ing close. Not on the same planet. And the rest of the roster is just kind of even and balanced. I don't see them getting past the 1st round in the playoffs, if they even make it.

okcchief 11-13-2013 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10185412)
Cavs are ****ing putrid tonight. I don't get a chance to watch them very often at all, and this particular game against the Wolves isn't doing much to impress me.

I need to watch them when they're just not disjointed and terrible, I know. But like... are people serious when they say they're a top 10 NBA roster in terms of talent? Is it Mike Brown? I'm just not seeing it.

Irving's great, yes. Waiters is great, yes. Are they Durant and Westbrook? Not even ****ing close. Not on the same planet. And the rest of the roster is just kind of even and balanced. I don't see them getting past the 1st round in the playoffs, if they even make it.

Irving is the only one that has impressed me. The rest is potential. Top 10 in talent is crazy talk. Mike Brown sucks as well. Don't understand that hire at all

Your Wolves have been vey impressive.

KevB 11-13-2013 09:35 PM

Grizzlies front office is getting a very painful lesson about continuity and "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

RealSNR 11-13-2013 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 10185499)
Irving is the only one that has impressed me. The rest is potential. Top 10 in talent is crazy talk. Mike Brown sucks as well. Don't understand that hire at all

Your Wolves have been vey impressive.

Brewer way surpassed my expectations. Wow, was I wrong about him. He's been very good for us. I barely miss that rat****face ugly Kirilenko and his gimpy back.

This was the kind of game that King needs to watch if he still thinks Rubio is a bottom 10 PG in the NBA. The assists that he dishes out aren't just sitting at the top of the key and firing shit at the bigs or running around until defenders get sick of passing him off. They're stunning displays of timing and vision. They're no-look passes. They go through the legs of defenders. He practically throws ****ing curveballs into tight creases. They're stunning.

Tonight he had 16 of them. If he's going to start putting up double-digit assists like this on a consistent basis, the Wolves are going to be a pretty good basketball team.

KC_Connection 11-13-2013 09:42 PM

Memphis got beat down by the Raptors at home. What's up with that?

KevB 11-13-2013 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10185565)

See my post 2 down from here

-King- 11-13-2013 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10185565)

http://blogs.commercialappeal.com/th...linslionel.jpg

SAUTO 11-13-2013 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10185550)
Brewer way surpassed my expectations. Wow, was I wrong about him. He's been very good for us. I barely miss that rat****face ugly Kirilenko and his gimpy back.

This was the kind of game that King needs to watch if he still thinks Rubio is a bottom 10 PG in the NBA. The assists that he dishes out aren't just sitting at the top of the key and firing shit at the bigs or running around until defenders get sick of passing him off. They're stunning displays of timing and vision. They're no-look passes. They go through the legs of defenders. He practically throws ****ing curveballs into tight creases. They're stunning.

Tonight he had 16 of them. If he's going to start putting up double-digit assists like this on a consistent basis, the Wolves are going to be a pretty good basketball team.

My daughter just saw the highlights , she's been playing some bball, and said "man that Rubio guy sure is exciting to watch, I hope I can pass like that one day"

She, is the tallest kid in her grade and the grade above hers. By over half a head. If she can pass and post she will get some play
Posted via Mobile Device

chiefzilla1501 11-13-2013 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10185412)

Mike Brown is awful. He's a defensive coach and they gave up 100+ points in 3 quarters.

Kyrie hasn't been good. He's been absolutely terrible. He's played shitty basketball for 3 quarters, played outstanding in the 4th quarter, then has been forcing unnecessary shit in close games late. He blew the Bucks game with a dribble off his foot, blew three game winning or tying shots against Philly (before he finally hit). Kyrie is an unbelievable player, but he has GOT to stop this shit where he tries to do everything himself. Then again, knowing MIke Brown's offense, it's possible that's encouraged.

Waiters has played decent this year. Bennett has been a complete nightmare and I only hope (like Waiters) he's a late bloomer. CJ Miles has been surprisingly good.

They have enough talent to be competitive. It's definitely coaching. If Mike Brown can't coach defense, considering how bad he coaches offense, that's really bad news.

mcaj22 11-13-2013 10:00 PM

James Anderson (who?) dropped 36 on the Rockets? the Rockets cant even beat Philly really?

RealSNR 11-13-2013 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 10185612)
Mike Brown is awful. He's a defensive coach and they gave up 100+ points in 3 quarters.

Kyrie hasn't been good. He's been absolutely terrible. He's played shitty basketball for 3 quarters, played outstanding in the 4th quarter, then has been forcing unnecessary shit in close games late. He blew the Bucks game with a dribble off his foot, blew three game winning or tying shots against Philly (before he finally hit). Kyrie is an unbelievable player, but he has GOT to stop this shit where he tries to do everything himself. Then again, knowing MIke Brown's offense, it's possible that's encouraged.

Waiters has played decent this year. Bennett has been a complete nightmare and I only hope (like Waiters) he's a late bloomer. CJ Miles has been surprisingly good.

They have enough talent to be competitive. It's definitely coaching. If Mike Brown can't coach defense, considering how bad he coaches offense, that's really bad news.

Yeah. I didn't get to watch the game just over a week ago in which they beat the Wolves and had a 20 point lead throughout the 3rd quarter, so I know there's good shit on that team. I definitely see what you're saying as far as coaching goes. Teams that play great defense might be off offensively for a couple nights. They might even be off defensively a bit. They shouldn't be off to the tune of 100 points given up before the 4th quarter starts. Especially playing a team that started Robbie Hummel at the 3.

I went through the Kurt Rambis years with Minnesota. I can smell poorly-coached basketball as well as anybody. Mike Brown is definitely a loser.

chiefzilla1501 11-13-2013 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 10185629)
James Anderson (who?) dropped 36 on the Rockets? the Rockets cant even beat Philly really?

Well, they didn't have Harden, and Philly is a really underrated team. I like Philly a lot -- a gritty team that will keep punching you in the mouth. Evan Turner is playing like a man this year, and even though they have less talent, they hustle. I think they're going to be a tough out -- not good enough to go far, but good enough to piss a few teams off.

KevB 11-13-2013 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 10185629)

Tony Wroten had a triple double in place of MCW in the same game. That coach is doing an amazing job. Rockets were missing Harden, but they still shouldn't lose that game. The Heat and Bulls thought the same thing against the 6ers earlier in the season.

MIAdragon 11-13-2013 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tecumseh (Post 10182852)
Only one undefeated team in the NBA. GO PACERS!!!!!!!

Holy Shit! Do we have another Pacer fan!?!?!?

Pitt Gorilla 11-13-2013 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIAdragon (Post 10185691)
Holy Shit! Do we have another Pacer fan!?!?!?

I like the Pacers a lot. Of course, I like several teams.