ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Combine DLs (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=136453)

Line Judge 02-28-2006 02:21 AM

Combine DLs

I saw the DTs and DEs at the combine on the NFL chanel. What is your oppinion of

Bunkley Brodrick Florida State
Dvoracek Dusty Oklahoma

Will they fit in with the Chiefs and will they make it to the 20th spot?

Line Judge 02-28-2006 02:29 AM

Is there any chance they would go for a DT to replace Sims or Siavii instead of a pass rushing DE. How important is it to have a stud muffin in the center so that we could use the 3-4.

kcfanXIII 02-28-2006 02:44 AM

we won't use a 3-4. bottom line.

Big Chief Homer 02-28-2006 07:19 AM

I wouldnt mind having Dvoracek.

wasnt he suspended and forced to go to anger management?

Whats better than a D lineman with anger issues?

Sully 02-28-2006 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Chief Homer
I wouldnt mind having Dvoracek.

wasnt he suspended and forced to go to anger management?

Whats better than a D lineman with anger issues?

I was under the impression that he left the team because of depression.
But maybe that manifested itself in anger, who knows... I had just heard depression, though.

Amnorix 02-28-2006 07:30 AM

Herm Edwards and Gun both have a long, long history of using the 4-3 and absolutely NO history whatsoever of using the 3-4.

IMHO there's about a 0% chance you guys will switch to the 3-4. Your coaches like the 4-3. What else it here to say about it?

jspchief 02-28-2006 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix
Herm Edwards and Gun both have a long, long history of using the 4-3 and absolutely NO history whatsoever of using the 3-4.

IMHO there's about a 0% chance you guys will switch to the 3-4. Your coaches like the 4-3. What else it here to say about it?

Besides what the coaches do, we simply don't have the players.

The only true 3-4 LB we had will be cut in a day or two. Some of out other LBs are poorly suited for the 3-4. We don't have the players to play on the line. Jared Allen would be rendered useless.

Nothing about switching to a 3-4 makes sense. People look at our LBs and think "hey we got some good ones, we should go 3-4". But these guys aren't 3-4 LBs.

Fat Elvis 02-28-2006 07:47 AM

I'd be happy if Bunkley was there at 20.

BigChiefFan 02-28-2006 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sully
I was under the impression that he left the team because of depression.
But maybe that manifested itself in anger, who knows... I had just heard depression, though.

Dvoracek is slated to be a THIRD rounder or lower. He's a high-motor guy, but was devoured at the Senior Bowl.

Also, Dvoracek WAS SUSPENDED by the Sooners for a bar-fight.

Tribal Warfare 02-28-2006 08:31 AM

Bunkley or Hali seems like the players Herm is targeting after the interviews that he made on the NFL Network

TEX 02-28-2006 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix

Nothing except for the fact that the Chiefs used the 3-4 allot in their week 1 win over the Jets last year. Course, that was before some of the LB's went down. I'm not saying they'll switch and use it all the time, I'm saying that based on week 1, I believe that they planned to use it more often than they did last year and that might well be the case this one too.

Spicy McHaggis 03-01-2006 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefFan
Also, Dvoracek WAS SUSPENDED by the Sooners for a bar-fight.

So what you're saying is that he would fit right in.

milkman 03-01-2006 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spicy McHaggis
So what you're saying is that he would fit right in.

ROFL