ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Will ChiefsPlanet Survive the 2005 Draft? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=114043)

Mr. Kotter 04-12-2005 12:33 PM

Will ChiefsPlanet Survive the 2005 Draft?

Past drafts have been nutty around here, and posting and lurking have been disrupted by the traffic.

Given the continued growth and popularity of this place, coupled with sluggishness and "outages" that are already showing up already, what's your prediction? :shrug:

Poll Forthcoming.

I'm not predicting a meltdown, but I suspect access will be intermitent and limited for most of the weekend....unless Kyle and Phil have some magic up their sleeves.... :hmmm:

whoman69 04-12-2005 12:35 PM

I predict anywhere from 75-150 posts from myself on draft day. Not taking any bets on a Chiefsplanet implosion.

Stinger 04-12-2005 12:38 PM

I predict the server is down by 11:04 a.m. on Selection Saturday. Now if we lock the planet down so just member can post that might move it back a couple of hours, due to all the Surtain watch threads.

Mr. Kotter 04-12-2005 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stinger
... Now if we lock the planet down so just member can post that might move it back a couple of hours, ....

I hope that's in the works, at least. :thumb:

the Talking Can 04-12-2005 12:40 PM

when we draft Sproles in the first this place literally burst into flames...

ptlyon 04-12-2005 12:40 PM

I think the O/U on the "WTF is" threads will be 28

CosmicPal 04-12-2005 12:41 PM

It will crash multiple times.

Geez, even this morning I had trouble getting on a couple of times.

It's time for the Planet to take donations from it's members and non-members. I'll be happy to support any upgrades with a few of Rain Man's monies.

Mr. Kotter 04-12-2005 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can
when we draft Sproles in the first this place literally burst into flames...

Hey, we need to groom Dante's heir....

ROFL ROFL ROFL

JimNasium 04-12-2005 12:42 PM

I predict not only a total implosion of the server but also a total implosion amongst the general membership which will be characterized by at least one car jacking, one self-inflicted gunshot wound and one arrest for drunk and disorderly.

ptlyon 04-12-2005 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Kotter
I hope that's in the works, at least. :thumb:

That is already in place. You have to be a member to read the forum.

Mr. Laz 04-12-2005 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CosmicPal
It's time for the Planet to take donations from it's members and non-members. I'll be happy to support any upgrades with a few of Rain Man's monies.

we had like 12 threads and 40 pages about this...

apparently it's NOT a money issue

Mr. Laz 04-12-2005 12:51 PM

i have purposely not paid as much attention to the nfl draft this year because i won't know as much and therefore won't be as disappointed when the chiefs freak out and draft some dweeb 3 rounds early.

sort of a philfree "ignorance is bliss" method of fanship. :p

i hope it works better for me this draft.

Mr. Kotter 04-12-2005 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon
That is already in place. You have to be a member to read the forum.

I've logged on from computers without my cookies....and gotten on as a guest recently.

My understanding was that was a temporary arrangement; now we are back to open access, I think. :hmmm:

jcroft 04-12-2005 01:06 PM

Given the performance of ChiefsPlanet over the past couple of weeks, I can't imagine any way we'll get though draft day without major downtime, unless something changes between now and then...

Mr. Kotter 04-12-2005 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcroft
Given the performance of ChiefsPlanet over the past couple of weeks, I can't imagine any way we'll get though draft day without major downtime, unless something changes between now and then...

Yup, which is why I posted this....

What's the plan, guys? :)