ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Gretz says Kennison is prob out for "Several Weeks" (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=99164)

jspchief 09-20-2004 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcroft
At the end of the year Smith will be as good as the best Kennison? Can we quote you on that?

I'd love to see what the kid can do, but you're saying he'll be as good as a former first-round pick who has been consistently good (not great) for us the past few years?

I dunno, that's a lot to say on what little we've seen of him.

I don't know if he really will be better. What I do know is that we'll never get better at that position if we are content with "good (not great)". I know next year I'd rather have the hopes of an up and comer than be hoping that old eddie can just be good enough again. I know I've seen rookie WRs all over the league that are getting touches and making plays, while we run the same three "never was/will-be" guys out there. I see guys like Keary Colbert that are hungry for the ball and attack their receptions while our guys drop anything that doesn't stick to the hands at the end of their alligator arms.

Our current starters are not playmakers. They won't become playmakers with time. Richard Smith or someone else on our roster might.

tonyetony 09-20-2004 12:04 PM

Im ready to see more of Parker and Smith now. They need playing time against the Texans to be a little more prepared for the Ravens the following week. Note to Saunders-Never ever make me watch Morton run another deep slant route ,he isn't very fast, just send him over the middle until he is knocked out of the game.

ChiTown 09-20-2004 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonyetony
Note to Saunders-Never ever make me watch Morton run another deep slant route ,he isn't very fast, just send him over the middle until he is knocked out of the game.

ROFL We should be so lucky...

siberian khatru 09-20-2004 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Gretz
Holmes sat out the last several possessions during Sunday’s game, yet Dick Vermeil says he was physically fine in the fourth quarter. So why was he on the sidelines?

Considering Gretz is the house mouth, and this was posted on the team's official site, I'd say someone at 1 Arrowhead Drive knows the answer to this. Gretz/The Chiefs aren't third-party spectators here. It's ludicrous for the team site to speculate what's going on with the team. Either answer the question or don't ask it all, don't pretend like it's a big mystery.

Spicy McHaggis 09-20-2004 12:06 PM

I've always liked Kennison more than Morton because he brings a deep threat element to the offense. I would rather have Morton's pansy ass sitting on the bench than Kennison. I don't recall Eddie giving up on two passes yesterday. That's not the point here though. Whoever said we put a band aid on a bullet wound was absolutely right. The only thing to do now is to make a strong move and stick by it. Trade for McCardell if you're going to put him in and lets roll. If not, put a rookie in like Smith and keep him there and let him get first team reps. Just don't waffle around with it Dicky V. It was your judgement that put us in this situation now try and find a solution. No more excuses.

jcroft 09-20-2004 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief
Our current starters are not playmakers. They won't become playmakers with time. Richard Smith or someone else on our roster might.

Now that is a statement I can agree with.

tonyetony 09-20-2004 12:16 PM

Was I the only one who saw Gamble run past Morton on the deep throw like he was standin still?BTW CP that was the highest rated player on the board you decided couldn't contribute to our d this year when you traded down to take a projected 4th rounder.

Frazod 09-20-2004 12:34 PM

IMO

It's becoming clear that this year will be the last gasp of the Chiefs as we currently know them. This is the end of Vermeil (thank God), perhaps the end of Holmes (sadly-what a waste), certainly the end of that useless bastard Morton and several defensive fuqtards who should have been shot out of cannon out of town along with Knobinson.

There is no one single player who can help. Trading away a bunch of draft picks to Tampa to bring in McCardell to help now is like borrowing against everything you own to finance a fresh coat of paint for the Titanic.

Simply put - our defense doesn't have the talent to compete. Our offensive weakenesses have been exposed to the league, and as a result our primary weapons have been largely neutralized. Injuries have depleted key positions at which we have NO depth. Couple that with poor management decisions, bad coaching and a brutal schedule, and it all adds up to one inescapable conclusion - we're fucked this year. Barring a miracle, it's over.

An optimistic outlook is a wasted, painful season that will produce low draft picks, followed by a couple of years of rebuilding. Then, perhaps, we'll have a shot then. It would be nice if the year still started "200X" instead of "201X," but who knows.

I think that the window officially closed for this bunch on that wretched, sunny, unseasonably warm day last January. Now we're talking years. Hopefully only a few.

:shake:

Spicy McHaggis 09-20-2004 12:35 PM

I'm pretty sure Gamble was gone at #28 to the Panthers. Not that it would have cost us too much to move up and grab him

FloridaChief 09-20-2004 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ENDelt260
He's still got another year on his contract. You think he'll bail early anyway?

I'm trying to think of an arguement for him staying on another year.

Nope, snake-eyes on that one...

Frazod 09-20-2004 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ENDelt260
He's still got another year on his contract. You think he'll bail early anyway?

Yes, one way or another.

We're 2004's answer to the 2003 Raiders. 4-12 looks about right for this bunch, although I'm not sure how they'll win 4.

He won't survive it one way or another.

BigRedChief 09-20-2004 12:42 PM

I think the window is defintely closed after next year. It started closing right now this year a little bit when DV had a meltdown and didn't go for it on 4th and 1. Priest was wasted yesterday just like his best years were with us.

Sure-Oz 09-20-2004 02:10 PM

Injuries are really killing us right now, besides the lack of giving a shit by our GM.

BigChiefFan 09-20-2004 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz
Injuries are really killing us right now, besides the lack of giving a shit by our GM.

That's exactly how I feel about our GM. Carl needs to relinquish the GM responsibilities or should I say lack of GM duties.