ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV AMC's Next: The Killing (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=242439)

Red Brooklyn 04-17-2011 05:54 PM

Looking forward to this.

keg in kc 04-17-2011 06:37 PM

Haven't caught up on last week's yet, but I'm already hooked.

Baby Lee 04-17-2011 06:41 PM

Took initiative in the Forbrydelsen, comparison. At first blush, TMC lost a beat characterwise in failing to secure a

Spoiler!

Sponsorship

;)

Also, our Nordic fiends have found a brunette Julianne Nicholson that is very intriguing as Linden/Lind

Deberg_1990 04-19-2011 10:31 PM

strong episode.....Show is starting to fall into a predictable pattern though....

slow burn simmer for 50 minutes...then a big reveal at the end with a suspect.....then clear the suspect in the next episode....wash, rinse repeat....

Still well done though....

keg in kc 04-20-2011 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 7578316)
strong episode.....Show is starting to fall into a predictable pattern though....

slow burn simmer for 50 minutes...then a big reveal at the end with a suspect.....then clear the suspect in the next episode....wash, rinse repeat....

That's exactly what I was thinking when I caught up last night. They need to toss a wrench into the formula.

Eventually have to figure out why the mayoral election stuff is so important too. Obviously it's connected, but there better be a good payoff.

Deberg_1990 04-20-2011 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 7578750)
Eventually have to figure out why the mayoral election stuff is so important too. Obviously it's connected, but there better be a good payoff.

Yea, same here....

Spoiler!

Pitt Gorilla 04-20-2011 12:27 PM

I didn't care for this particular episode and hope that the show doesn't use the same template. I mean, hey, we've got a clear suspect! Only, he'll be exonerated (for a while) in the next episode (after 50 or so minutes), because we've got a new clear suspect!

Bambi 04-20-2011 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 7578316)

yea this is true but oh well. Still love the dude cop, can't wait til his H addition becomes an issue

Brock 04-20-2011 12:57 PM

That teacher......do not like that teacher.

the Talking Can 04-20-2011 01:21 PM

it's nothing ground breaking, but so far I like it...i'm a sucker for slow, i guess

best thing about it, by far, imo, is Joel Kinnaman....I kind of already don't care about the murdered girls family, they're just emotional fodder thrown in for 'weight'...

it also seemed not accidental that the premiere episode's music had a faint but noticeable Twin Peaks chord in it...

keg in kc 04-20-2011 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 7579304)

I was about 3/4 asleep when I was watching it, but were they teasing at the end that the guy Rosie showed up was him?
Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 7579384)
best thing about it, by far, imo, is Joel Kinnaman....I kind of already don't care about the murdered girls family, they're just emotional fodder thrown in for 'weight'...

It's starting to feel like that to me, too. The grief of the family was engaging initially, but now it's becoming wearing. It's almost to the "stop this shit and get back to the mystery" point.

And I actually didn't like tying the dad in with organized crime out of the blue. They tease none of that in the previous episodes, tease no connection of any kind, and then suddenly he has a house he's going to spring on his family and he's somehow tied in crime? Sudden left turn makes no sense.

Deberg_1990 04-20-2011 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 7579431)
I was about 3/4 asleep when I was watching it, but were they teasing at the end that the guy Rosie showed up was him? It's starting to feel like that to me, too. The grief of the family was engaging initially, but now it's becoming wearing. It's almost to the "stop this shit and get back to the mystery" point.

And I actually didn't like tying the dad in with organized crime out of the blue. They tease none of that in the previous episodes, tease no connection of any kind, and then suddenly he has a house he's going to spring on his family and he's somehow tied in crime? Sudden left turn makes no sense.

I guess im of the opposite opinion. I thought the grief thing had run its course so it was a nice twist for me.

Going to be interesting to see how they tie everything in....the Mayor race, the grieving family with the crime ties, the teacher who played ball at the politicians campaign stop.

Oh, and something is telling me that the scuzzy cop dude is a leak of some sort...remember he had the mystery phone conversation last week where he uttered something like "Shes too smart for that" then quickly hung up when the female cop rolled up.

Pitt Gorilla 04-20-2011 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 7579431)
I was about 3/4 asleep when I was watching it, but were they teasing at the end that the guy Rosie showed up was him? It's starting to feel like that to me, too. The grief of the family was engaging initially, but now it's becoming wearing. It's almost to the "stop this shit and get back to the mystery" point.

Agreed. The organized crime bit came out of nowhere and doesn't add any interest (to me).

keg in kc 04-20-2011 03:58 PM

I thought something was up with the scuzzy cop dude from the very first episode. The way he was hitting on the high school girls for info just set off alarm bells for some reason. But that's probably a red herring.

Pitt Gorilla 04-20-2011 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 7579304)

Of course, that's how you're supposed to feel after the last episode. I'm sure they'll make you think differently in a week or so.