ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Official 2012-2013 NBA Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265784)

okcchief 01-27-2013 04:19 PM

OKC is shooting like shit today. Last game of a 6 game road trip. I think they definitely need the 3 days off they have coming up.

chiefzilla1501 01-27-2013 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 9355518)
We aren't in denial at least I am not and that is why Celtics fans are mad at Ainge. The 2010 team was on a roll and playing great team basketball until they traded Perkins for Green. It destroyed a season and a potential last championship for Pierce, Garnett, and Allen.

Also Ainge thought he could get Shaq back playing but everyone knew that wasn't going to happen so it left them with no real front court player outside of Garnett. It was all around stupid.

Ainge built one hell of a team. Think it's small potatoes to get upset about the Perkins trade and not replacing Shaq. All because they didn't have one last run. If Green and Fab Melo end up being very good players, I don't think many will look back at the trade as a failure. That is... if the fans don't get rid of Ainge before he's able to show what his rebuild looks like.

dirk digler 01-27-2013 04:32 PM

What a sick pass by Kobe

okcchief 01-27-2013 04:42 PM

Win or Lose this is the best I've seen the Lakers play all season.

dirk digler 01-27-2013 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9355711)
Ainge built one hell of a team. Think it's small potatoes to get upset about the Perkins trade and not replacing Shaq. All because they didn't have one last run. If Green and Fab Melo end up being very good players, I don't think many will look back at the trade as a failure. That is... if the fans don't get rid of Ainge before he's able to show what his rebuild looks like.

Green and Fab Melo...LMAO One is average the other is in the D-League. Sullinger is going to be a player but he is not going to be a Kevin Garnett.

You may think it is small potatoes but you aren't a Celtics fan wanting the Big 3 to win one more championship before it all ends just to get a marginal, average player.

And the only way you win in the NBA is to have superstars, the Celtics had 4 and after this season will probably only have 1(Rondo). This team is a long ways from competing again.

dirk digler 01-27-2013 04:50 PM

another great pass by Kobe and Westbrook with the T

KevB 01-27-2013 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 9355599)
But I thought Kobe couldn't pass?

Nobody said he couldn't pass, the guy is a baller. He can do everything well when he puts his mind to it. The discussion has been about his willingness to be a passer. Is he willing to facilitate? 90% of the time, the answer is no. Let's see how the last couple of minutes go.

Hootie 01-27-2013 05:03 PM

it took Kobe 42 games to realize the Lakers are a lot better when he doesn't jack up 30 shots a game

chiefzilla1501 01-27-2013 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 9355769)
Green and Fab Melo...LMAO One is average the other is in the D-League. Sullinger is going to be a player but he is not going to be a Kevin Garnett.

You may think it is small potatoes but you aren't a Celtics fan wanting the Big 3 to win one more championship before it all ends just to get a marginal, average player.

And the only way you win in the NBA is to have superstars, the Celtics had 4 and after this season will probably only have 1(Rondo). This team is a long ways from competing again.

I'm talking about small potatoes as in calling for a front office guy's head for a move you don't like, and ignoring the multiple tremendous moves he made prior to that. Especially when those moves led to two championship berths and a championship title.

When the Chiefs were getting older, I didn't like at all that we waited so long to blow up the roster. That led to 5 years of painful rebuilds. So no, I don't blame Ainge at all if he wants maybe a smoother rebuild. Winning with superstars isn't the only way to win. Miami Heat aside, you win with superstars surrounded by a deep, talented supporting cast. The way I see it, the Celtics seem to have a pretty good young supporting cast. The superstars will come, either if the Celtics can finally find themselves again in a lottery situation and when Pierce and Garnett's contracts go away and free up a buttload of money, which can be spent on new superstars. Again, I don't know if Ainge's moves will work, but think it's way too soon to get upset about them. In the Perkins trade, you got a few young guys in exchange for a guy who was leaving anyway. In not replacing Shaq, you didn't tie yourself to a worthless contract, like when the Cavs signed Jamieson as a last ditch effort to get LeBron some guys.

dirk digler 01-27-2013 05:07 PM

Dagger by Kobe. That crossover was sick

okcchief 01-27-2013 05:09 PM

Great win by the Lakers. They were really impressive today even though the Thunder seemed a bit off. Lets see of they can carry this to the road.

The Bad Guy 01-27-2013 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9355856)
it took Kobe 42 games to realize the Lakers are a lot better when he doesn't jack up 30 shots a game

It kills you to give him credit.

8/12 21 points, 14 assists, 9 rebounds.

dirk digler 01-27-2013 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 9355850)
Nobody said he couldn't pass, the guy is a baller. He can do everything well when he puts his mind to it. The discussion has been about his willingness to be a passer. Is he willing to facilitate? 90% of the time, the answer is no. Let's see how the last couple of minutes go.

Your post at #1181 said that Lebron was a better and more willing passer. I agree Lebron is a more willing passer but better? Kobe could pass as well as Lebron evidenced by the last 2 games. He just doesn't do it very often because he has been a ball hog.

silver5liter 01-27-2013 05:14 PM

Tough game, Okc was just off on their shots all day. ah well, keep on truckin

Hootie 01-27-2013 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9355886)
It kills you to give him credit.

8/12 21 points, 14 assists, 9 rebounds.

remarkable game

they beat the best team in the West and he took 12 shots