ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Misc My ghost story from today (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263113)

Dr. Johnny Fever 09-01-2012 08:20 PM

My ghost story from today

I'm sure a lot of people will think I'm crazy or just lying with this story. That would obviously be the first time that anyone has ever thought that here.

A friend of mine works at a local museum that has a legend surrounding it to be haunted by a housekeeper who hung herself in a spiral stairway many, many years ago. They tell storys of hearing a vacuum cleaner running in one particular room and when they open the door it stops and no one is there.

I actually got married in this building about 19 years ago and on the wedding video there is a part where you can clearly hear footsteps on a large staircase that leads into the main room where the wedding was but the wedding photo album shows pictures taken at that time by the photographer from completely different areas and no one else was walking around... plus no one in the video turns to look at who's coming down the stairs like they don't even hear it.

Fast forward to today. I'm hanging out with my friend in the prep room while she prepares a new item for showing. She needs a new pitcher of water for cleaning and asks me to go to the kitchen for it. So I head off. The kitchen is one floor below and the quickest access is the door to the spiral staircase right around the corner... it goes right down to the kitchen.

I open the door and about 5 feet in front on me is a woman hanging by a rope over the next section of stairs... facing the other direction, dressed in mostly white but wearing a black bonnet or head cover. I didn't panic or freak out. Immediately the storys came back to me.

I closed the door, went back into the prep room, set the pitcher down and told my friend I needed her to come downstairs with me because I'd seen something. She knows all about it so she did. She went first and there was nothing in the staircase... on the way down or on the way up.

She said it was the first sighting in weeks... not months or years but weeks.

Yes I know how crazy this sounds. I wasn't even going to share it but what the hell.

I'm not saying I believe whole-heartedly but I'm not a non-believer by any means. I've had other experiences that make me wonder too.

Call me insane or share your storys and beliefs.

SAUTO 09-01-2012 08:22 PM

You are ****ing insane
Posted via Mobile Device

WhitiE 09-01-2012 08:23 PM

Was she hot?

LiveSteam 09-01-2012 08:23 PM

You had a fever

Dr. Johnny Fever 09-01-2012 08:24 PM

I realize that non believers can easily say I had a scenario made up in my head just having known about the storys. FWIW I've been in the museum many times with no "experiences." In fact so many that I'd pretty much forgotten about it... until today.

Dr. Johnny Fever 09-01-2012 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhitiE (Post 8871651)
Was she hot?

You missed the "facing the other way" part.

Bowser 09-01-2012 08:25 PM

You got married in a museum?

BigMeatballDave 09-01-2012 08:26 PM

Pics or GTFO

SAUTO 09-01-2012 08:26 PM

Lol I was kidding
Posted via Mobile Device

lewdog 09-01-2012 08:26 PM

I don't believe in ghosts and won't believe in ghosts. I have, however, always wanted to meet Casper. Heard he is pretty friendly.

Shaid 09-01-2012 08:26 PM

Maybe that's not someplace you should be hanging around.

WhitiE 09-01-2012 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 8871654)
You missed the "facing the other way" part.

Your friend not the imaginary ghost....

SAUTO 09-01-2012 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 8871653)
I realize that non believers can easily say I had a scenario made up in my head just having known about the storys. FWIW I've been in the museum many times with no "experiences." In fact so many that I'd pretty much forgotten about it... until today.

except for the "foot steps". Wouldn't that be an "experience"
Posted via Mobile Device

Planetman 09-01-2012 08:27 PM

What? No Mod has changed your user name to Dr. Ghost Whisperer? This place has gone to hell since the reshuffling of Mods.

Bowser 09-01-2012 08:28 PM

You should have walked up to the hanging woman and asked if she had any Grey Poupon.

Dr. Johnny Fever 09-01-2012 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 8871655)
You got married in a museum?

Yes. It was a place we loved. She'd been married in a church before and divorced so she was open to something new and I always am.

Bugeater 09-01-2012 08:29 PM

There was weird shit going on in my house the first year or so I lived here. The former owner died in the place so we're pretty sure there was some sort of spirit hanging around for a while. I think I scared him off by all the times I cursed him for ****ing the place up like he did.

I also work in a 104 yr old apartment tower in downtown Omaha that used to be a hotel that was a notorious hangout for gangsters. My shop is adjacent to the old boiler room that is two floors below street level...I hear a lot of strange noises coming from there. Needless to say, I rarely go down there alone.

Dr. Johnny Fever 09-01-2012 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhitiE (Post 8871668)
Your friend not the imaginary ghost....

Oh... not really. Pleasant looking, not hot. Sweet girl, good friend.

Frazod 09-01-2012 08:33 PM

I've posted my Wyoming haunted house story several times over the years. You don't believe in this stuff until you experience it yourself.

Dr. Johnny Fever 09-01-2012 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 8871669)
except for the "foot steps". Wouldn't that be an "experience"
Posted via Mobile Device

The footsteps on the video would be my first experience although it was hard to "prove" anything. This would be my second experience 19 years later. I've been in there probably 200 times in between.

TimeForWasp 09-01-2012 08:34 PM

Why would she hang around so long?

Dr. Johnny Fever 09-01-2012 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8871689)
I've posted my Wyoming haunted house story several times over the years. You don't believe in this stuff until you experience it yourself.

That's just it right there.

SAUTO 09-01-2012 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 8871693)
The footsteps on the video would be my first experience although it was hard to "prove" anything. This would be my second experience 19 years later. I've been in there probably 200 times in between.

ok cool. Lol. I'm just ****ing with you noobeefee
Posted via Mobile Device

Bowser 09-01-2012 08:39 PM

I was young, like 10 or so, when I saw a ghost (I think). I woke up in the middle of the night and looked towards my door. My room was light enough from streetlights and the moon that I could see someone standing near the door, looking like they were messing with the light switch. It was a lady in a nightgown, so I said "Mom?". The lady turns around, and she's old. Face all old person-y, and looks completely suprised that I said anything to her. SHe reaches out and starts taking these shuffling steps towards me. I can see that she's talking, or trying to say something, but no noise is coming out of her mouth. I'm trying to shout or scream, but I was so scared my breath is caught in my chest. As she got closer, she jsut fizzled away.

To this day I'm not sure if that was a ghost, or just the remnant of some dream I was having. Freaked me straight the hell out, though. I slept with the light on for about ten days after that.

Luke Warm 09-01-2012 08:41 PM

Sounds like she got hung up in her work

Dr. Johnny Fever 09-01-2012 08:42 PM

OK here's the embarrassing part I guess. I made Timmie (my friend who is a girl but has a guys name) hold my hand and stay on the same step as we went down then back up the stairs... then I made her walk me out when I left. She laughed at me.

Bowser 09-01-2012 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 8871712)
OK here's the embarrassing part I guess. I made Timmie (my friend who is a girl but has a guys name) hold my hand and stay on the same step as we went down then back up the stairs... then I made her walk me out when I left. She laughed at me.

Aaaaand you've officially shared too much.

lewdog 09-01-2012 08:43 PM

You know they make antipsychotic medications that you guys can take?

Dr. Johnny Fever 09-01-2012 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 8871708)
I was young, like 10 or so, when I saw a ghost (I think). I woke up in the middle of the night and looked towards my door. My room was light enough from streetlights and the moon that I could see someone standing near the door, looking like they were messing with the light switch. It was a lady in a nightgown, so I said "Mom?". The lady turns around, and she's old. Face all old person-y, and looks completely suprised that I said anything to her. SHe reaches out and starts taking these shuffling steps towards me. I can see that she's talking, or trying to say something, but no noise is coming out of her mouth. I'm trying to shout or scream, but I was so scared my breath is caught in my chest. As she got closer, she jsut fizzled away.

To this day I'm not sure if that was a ghost, or just the remnant of some dream I was having. Freaked me straight the hell out, though. I slept with the light on for about ten days after that.

Thanks I'm freaked out now.

Dr. Johnny Fever 09-01-2012 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 8871717)
Aaaaand you've officially shared too much.

You ever seen a post/thread of mine before?

LMAO

Canofbier 09-01-2012 08:57 PM

TIL there's lots of drug users on CP.

Rain Man 09-01-2012 08:58 PM

You saw a woman hanging and you're still not a wholehearted believer? I think that would convince me.

ReynardMuldrake 09-01-2012 08:59 PM

Quote:

That sounds like sleep paralysis. Hallucinations are common in that transitional period between wakefulness and sleep.

Bowser 09-01-2012 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReynardMuldrake (Post 8871739)
That sounds like sleep paralysis. Hallucinations are common in that transitional period between wakefulness and sleep.

Interesting. I've never heard of Sleep Paralysis before. I'll go do some reading....

All I know for sure is that I haven't experienced anything like that since. It was so VIVID that I can clearly recall it all 30 years later.

Dr. Johnny Fever 09-01-2012 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 8871738)
You saw a woman hanging and you're still not a wholehearted believer? I think that would convince me.

I think it's short-sighted to think nothing exists beyond what we know. I also think it's possible that I had pre-conceived notions in my subconscience from knowing the storys in advance.

In the end I think there's still no proof and never will be and a lot to learn and accept.

Bugeater 09-01-2012 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReynardMuldrake (Post 8871739)

Funny you should mention that...a few years ago I was on some pain medications for a pinched nerve, and if I took them too close to bedtime I would get caught in some weird state where my body was asleep, but my mind was awake. It was really freaky, I had to try to wake myself up to snap out of it. I wonder if that's what that was all about.

Lonewolf Ed 09-01-2012 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Planetman (Post 8871670)
What? No Mod has changed your user name to Dr. Ghost Whisperer? This place has gone to hell since the reshuffling of Mods.

Until he helps her cross over, I say he should not be called Dr. Ghost Whisperer. :harumph:

RJ 09-01-2012 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhitiE (Post 8871651)
Was she hot?

The only question that mattered.

Planetman 09-01-2012 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 8871762)
Until he helps her cross over, I say he should not be called Dr. Ghost Whisperer. :harumph:

Good point.

RUN TO THE LIGHT, CAROL ANN!

ReynardMuldrake 09-01-2012 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 8871750)
Interesting. I've never heard of Sleep Paralysis before. I'll go do some reading....

All I know for sure is that I haven't experienced anything like that since. It was so VIVID that I can clearly recall it all 30 years later.

Yep, sleep paralysis is typically described as vivid and panicky, almost like a drowning experience.

That and carbon monoxide are responsible for most hauntings IMO. The typical symptoms of feelings of coldness, tingling extremities, chills, lightheadedness, and hallucinations all are typical of CM poisoning. These also tend to occur in old/creepy houses with more primitive heating systems that can leak CM.

EDIT: It also explains why hauntings happen more often in the dead of winter, when heating systems are under the heaviest load. Also, unexplained deaths, where people were thought to 'die of fright' in haunted houses.

crazycoffey 09-01-2012 09:24 PM

Boobs?

Dr. Johnny Fever 09-01-2012 09:26 PM

Back when I was married we lived in a house we knew the owner Fred Moritz had died in. Nothing much happened to make us think it could be haunted except some footsteps late at night.

My wife left for the State Fair every year to show horses. She'd leave early in the week, I'd finish work and met her there late in the week.

One year on the morning I was to leave I was getting ready to go to work (would leave after) I talked to myself to help me remember a couple things later. I walked by our programmable thermostat and said out loud that I needed to remember to set it up 10 degrees before I left. Also as I put my stuff together to pick up after work and leave for the fair I set my bag on the bed and a hat next to it and said out loud "take this hat with me."

When I got home the thermostat was set to where I was going to put it and the hat was balanced on the corner of the bed where there was no way I could miss it.

A couple years later we re-painted the front door and took of the "Moritz" name plate on it off and nothing ever happened again.

Dr. Johnny Fever 09-01-2012 09:29 PM

My daughter still lives in that house with her mom and says nothing has ever been wierd since we took the Moritz name plate off the door.

KChiefer 09-01-2012 09:29 PM

What I don't get about ghosts is why don't we ever see half naked Native Americans all over the place? It's always some turn of the century white person.

And why is it always someone that met a tragic end? If your life here sucked wouldn't you want to move to the great beyond.? To me, it'd be the people that had a great time here that would want to stay.

Why is it always some old building/house that has ghosts? People die in hospitals all the time.

Why can't ghosts go outside? If they can, why don't they retire to Florida?

Dr. Johnny Fever 09-01-2012 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefer (Post 8871795)
What I don't get about ghosts is why don't we ever see half naked Native Americans all over the place? It's always some turn of the century white person.

And why is it always someone that met a tragic end? If your life here sucked wouldn't you want to move to the great beyond.? To me, it'd be the people that had a great time here that would want to stay.

Why is it always some old building/house that has ghosts? People die in hospitals all the time.

Why can't ghosts go outside? If they can, why don't they retire to Florida?

Heh good points.

KChiefer 09-01-2012 09:35 PM

Quote:

A friend of mine has almost an exact same story from when he was a child staying at his grandparents. Woke up, saw a woman, was so scared he tried to speak but couldn't. He says he even pinched himself to be sure it was real. Then he shut his eyes, reopened them and she was gone. If ghosts ever come up in conversation he cites that night as why he 100% believes ghost are real.

JD10367 09-01-2012 09:39 PM

Pictures of Timmie or GTFO.

Dr. Johnny Fever 09-01-2012 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 8871813)
Pictures of Timmie or GTFO.

I already said she's not hot. 38 years old (I think), kind of tall, nice butt, brunette, kind of a scruntched face, very sweet and funny.

JD10367 09-01-2012 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 8871816)
I already said she's not hot. 38 years old (I think), kind of tall, nice butt, brunette, kind of a scruntched face, very sweet and funny.

We'll be the judge of hotness. A nice ass can go a long way. Height helps too.

JD10367 09-01-2012 09:45 PM

Although sex with her might be difficult, 'cause it's probably hard to maintain an erection when you keep thinking...

http://demotivate.me/mediafiles/400/...01183039pm.jpg

Dr. Johnny Fever 09-01-2012 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 8871817)
We'll be the judge of hotness. A nice ass can go a long way. Height helps too.

I think she's around 5' 10"... butt is nice... face isn't bad just not beautiful by any means.

Bugeater 09-01-2012 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 8871821)
I think she's around 5' 10"... butt is nice... face isn't bad just not beautiful by any means.

I'd hit it.

Dr. Johnny Fever 09-01-2012 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 8871820)
Although sex with her might be difficult, 'cause it's probably hard to maintain an erection when you keep thinking...

http://demotivate.me/mediafiles/400/...01183039pm.jpg

Funny... I've always called her Timmaayyyyyy... but after Stuart Scott on ESPN talking about Tim Duncan.

Dr. Johnny Fever 09-01-2012 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 8871824)
I'd hit it.

Actually I would too if we weren't old friends who were past that and I didn't have a gf.

Plus she's married.

Bugeater 09-01-2012 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 8871827)
Actually I would too if we weren't old friends who were past that and I didn't have a gf.

Plus she's married.

Shit, I thought we were talking about the hanging woman.

Frazod 09-01-2012 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 8871833)

At least you wouldn't have to worry about knocking her up.

Dr. Johnny Fever 09-01-2012 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 8871833)

Considering how long she's been dead and how much she freaks me out I'm gonna say no.

Bugeater 09-01-2012 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8871834)
At least you wouldn't have to worry about knocking her up.

Or having to talk and cuddle with her afterwards. The benefits could be endless.

Saccopoo 09-01-2012 09:56 PM

Seems solid enough for me.

About two months after my cat died prematurely and rapidly from a gall bladder gone bad, my daughter and I were standing downstairs and heard a very distinct and loud "meow!" behind us. Turned around and there was nothing and at that point we didn't own a cat.

She won't go downstairs by herself since then.

I'm not saying I believe in ghosts, but there is some weird shit out there.

Dr. Johnny Fever 09-01-2012 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 8871840)
Seems solid enough for me.

About two months after my cat died prematurely and rapidly from a gall bladder gone bad, my daughter and I were standing downstairs and heard a very distinct and loud "meow!" behind us. Turned around and there was nothing and at that point we didn't own a cat.

She won't go downstairs by herself since then.

I'm not saying I believe in ghosts, but there is some weird shit out there.

I know of a dog owner who swears she wakes up at night to see her late pooch sitting with his head on the side of her bed.

(Yes all my friends are girls)

crazycoffey 09-01-2012 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 8871816)

She's eye broccoli, huh?

Paniero 09-01-2012 10:03 PM

F that. I'd never go back to the museum again.

Frazod 09-01-2012 10:03 PM

When we first moved into our condo 11 years ago, a couple of weird things happened with electrical stuff. One night the TV in the living room turned on by itself. I was in the room and saw it happen. There were also a couple of times when the garage door went up by itself. I realize that sometimes signals from other remotes can trigger stuff, but after these few occurrences nothing happened again. Very odd.

Dr. Johnny Fever 09-01-2012 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barney Stinson (Post 8871847)
She's eye broccoli, huh?

As I said before she's not ugly... she's pleasant... but not beautiful. She's happily married and just an old friend so I don't see her as more than Timmay. She's a good friend. To CP she would be marginal at best.

Dr. Johnny Fever 09-01-2012 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paniero (Post 8871850)
F that. I'd never go back to the museum again.

I actually want to go back more now. I've hung out with Timmie many times while she's worked after hours... it's a part time job for her. We laugh and have good conversation. Now I want to see more of ghost woman.

tooge 09-01-2012 10:14 PM

You needed to ask her " how's it hangin?"

Paniero 09-01-2012 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 8871865)
I actually want to go back more now. I've hung out with Timmie many times while she's worked after hours... it's a part time job for her. We laugh and have good conversation. Now I want to see more of ghost woman.

I can see how curiosity may be elevated here, but I'd run at the first 'boogedy' that comes out of her mouth.

Dr. Johnny Fever 09-01-2012 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paniero (Post 8871878)
I can see how curiosity may be elevated here, but I'd run at the first 'boogedy' that comes out of her mouth.

The paranormal fascinates me. It also freaks me out some but I'd love to see and experience more.

Iowanian 09-01-2012 10:32 PM

So.....

A woman in a dress is hanging above you, facing away.

You might be the first man to have viewed a ghost pussy. Put that in your spank bank.

boogblaster 09-01-2012 10:43 PM

get me some of what ya smokin .....

Dr. Johnny Fever 09-01-2012 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 8871900)
So.....

A woman in a dress is hanging above you, facing away.

You might be the first man to have viewed a ghost pussy. Put that in your spank bank.

I didn't say she was in a dress I said she was mostly in white. The rest isn't spank worthy. And she wasn't above me but in front... about 5 feet. OP much?

Dr. Johnny Fever 09-01-2012 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boogblaster (Post 8871921)
get me some of what ya smokin .....

Salem Golds, short box. Have at it.

Iowanian 09-01-2012 11:01 PM

I sure hope you don't experience ptsd flashbacks when you walk into a dark room in your house later.

She'll probably be shrieking at you in your sleep.

Dr. Johnny Fever 09-01-2012 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 8871940)
I sure hope you don't experience ptsd flashbacks when you walk into a dark room in your house later.

She'll probably be shrieking at you in your sleep.

Your insighfulness is what I looked forward to most here.

Craqhead 09-01-2012 11:10 PM

Should of told her to stop hanging around and clean the damn place up.

Iowanian 09-01-2012 11:12 PM

I appreciate that man.

BOO!

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...1_HcKBM_k-w4qQ

Dr. Johnny Fever 09-01-2012 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 8871954)

I said black or dark head cover... and looking away. Sigh. Do you need a picture?

:D

Buehler445 09-01-2012 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 8871788)
Back when I was married we lived in a house we knew the owner Fred Moritz had died in. Nothing much happened to make us think it could be haunted except some footsteps late at night.

My wife left for the State Fair every year to show horses. She'd leave early in the week, I'd finish work and met her there late in the week.

One year on the morning I was to leave I was getting ready to go to work (would leave after) I talked to myself to help me remember a couple things later. I walked by our programmable thermostat and said out loud that I needed to remember to set it up 10 degrees before I left. Also as I put my stuff together to pick up after work and leave for the fair I set my bag on the bed and a hat next to it and said out loud "take this hat with me."

When I got home the thermostat was set to where I was going to put it and the hat was balanced on the corner of the bed where there was no way I could miss it.

A couple years later we re-painted the front door and took of the "Moritz" name plate on it off and nothing ever happened again.

Mother ****ER, I gotta get a helper ghost. That would help so much!

Iowanian 09-01-2012 11:17 PM

"come to bed sweety, I'm waiting for you to turn out the light"

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...fZ88IMbwNr97Sr

Dr. Johnny Fever 09-01-2012 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 8871956)
Mother ****ER, I gotta get a helper ghost. That would help so much!

It was pretty cool. The only annoyances were when the tv remote was found in the freezer now and then.