ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs' offense: "one of the worst in the league, by nearly every measure" (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=276680)

keg in kc 09-26-2013 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10022233)
His minions do

He has minions?

Are you sure it isn't like Kotter minions?

L.A. Chieffan 09-26-2013 02:55 PM

I've seen 5's crack pocket aces all the time.

DJ's left nut 09-26-2013 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 10022230)
Yeah, the game hasn't changed at all in the last decade+

Who's next, Terry Bradshaw?

So you don't think Gannon could win in the modern NFL?

It's a fair argument, I guess. I'm not sure I buy it, but then again Kaepernick and RGIII are trying to play similarly haphazard styles with little success at the moment, so maybe there's some truth to it.

BigCatDaddy 09-26-2013 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10022195)
The odds of any QB winning the Super Bowl isn't good

True, but I bet Vegas gives some better odds than others.

dirk digler 09-26-2013 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 10022212)
What could Rich Gannon do that Alex Smith can't?

If Rich Gannon could go to a Super Bowl (and damn near another one), Alex Smith can as well. Gannon was extremely similar in style and ability to Alex Smith.

And Gannon drove those Raiders teams, though yes - he required a strong supporting cast.

I'm one that happens to think Gannon has become wildly overrated around here, but at the same time, the guy was a critical cog for a SB team and won plenty of playoff games.

I see nothing to suggest that Smith couldn't be very similar to Gannon in that regard.

They maybe similar in style but can't we all agree the NFL has changed into basically the CFL? Passing records are going to be shattered this year. This is a completely different league than 10-12 years ago.

chiefzilla1501 09-26-2013 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 10022214)
probably the most blatant ****ing ever

he was also not known for being afraid to let it fly

part of it is context, the league is currently designed to advantage passing...but we're trying to do it without taking advantage of that advantage...which is just upping the degree of difficulty for no good reason

This advantage is a little overblown. And San Francisco and Philly are interesting case studies. Because we're seeing two teams that arguably are putting their defense in losing positions.

There's still a lot to be said for the Eli Manning way. I would actually rather play football like the Giants than the Packers or Saints. The Giants are at their best when they can run the ball down your throat and play good defense, while their QB plays a mostly efficient game. What sets Eli apart from Alex Smith so far is that he can make risky plays when asked to, and has been absolute nails in the clutch. But if we keep with this game management style of play, get some big plays out of Smith here and there, and Smith can consistently play 4th quarters like he did against Philly... I mean, really, is that any worse than Aaron Rodgers (a QB who frankly is pretty so-so in late 4th quarters?)

the Talking Can 09-26-2013 02:57 PM

the only people that follow gochiefs around are the ones that hate him...

he is the king troll, and they are his loyal subjects

ChiefsCountry 09-26-2013 02:58 PM

Gannon, Johnson, Dilfer won and made Super Bowls mainly because the 90s were a horrible decade for drafting quarterbacks. Not that many were taken from 1993 to 1997 in the first round.

the Talking Can 09-26-2013 02:58 PM

it is telling that the best we can do is compare him to dilfer and gannon...for 2 sceond round picks

OnTheWarpath15 09-26-2013 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10022208)
Oh, come on.

Do you really believe that Alex Smith would be anyone's first choice as a starting QB?

Holy shit, did you really just say this?

Maybe I'm imagining things, but people who worship at the altar of mediocrity spent all summer saying that AS was their first choice, because "there was no one better".

People were more worried about getting the fans back to Arrowhead, and wanted to win now, instead of developing a guy for the future.

Now you have that guy, and you claim that he was NOBODY'S first choice?

Holy shit.

keg in kc 09-26-2013 03:00 PM

This thread has just killed my entire afternoon.

**** you all.

Assholes.

OnTheWarpath15 09-26-2013 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 10022252)
it is telling that the best we can do is compare him to dilfer and gannon...for 2 sceond round picks

ROFL

:(

the Talking Can 09-26-2013 03:01 PM

alright, hug it out everyone

we are bonded by failure

later

L.A. Chieffan 09-26-2013 03:02 PM

Quote:

A super bowl champion and a MVP. What a loser.

dirk digler 09-26-2013 03:02 PM

Quote:

ugh..so depressing.

Oh well maybe one of these years Clark will keep his word