ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Washington Already Floating Cousin Trade Ransom Demands (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268110)

whoman69 12-28-2012 02:46 PM

This is nothing more than the Skins wanting to get some of their picks back from the RG3 deal. Do they really believe that Cousins is as valuable in trade as RG3 coming into the draft last year based on one game? If that's the case then Matt Flynn should have gotten a $100 million contract from the Seahawks.

DeezNutz 12-28-2012 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9246340)
There is no doubt that I liked the kid when he played college ball and that plays a part in my opinion of him, but to act like Cousins is a better player than him (solely as a player removed from the coaching situations and opportunity) is just silly.

I love how some of you can completely shit on our coaching staff and ability to evaluate talent, but disregard the possibility that they dont have a clue how to coach quarterbacks or evaluate the position, either.

Sorry, I didn't like Stanzi coming out, and I posted last year that Cousins was underrated/valued by this board.

My thoughts on these players have little to do with what they have or have not accomplished in the NFL, though the witness-protection program that Stanzi entered does him no favors.

RINGLEADER 12-28-2012 03:11 PM

Guy plays like a winner but he's still a huge question mark. Getting a couple thirds would be a reach, a couple of firsts is insane.

Swanman 12-28-2012 03:14 PM

Washington wants to get out of Cousins just slightly less than the Broncos got for Cutler. Rrrrriiiigggghhhhtttt.

Hootie 12-28-2012 03:23 PM

Stanzi was horribly inaccurate at the combine throwing 10 yard outs...it was laughable

MMXcalibur 12-28-2012 03:26 PM

Which stupid ass team is going to fork that up for....oh wait, the Chiefs...

htismaqe 12-28-2012 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9246274)
350 yards in an actual game disagrees with those guys.

But I don't want to trade for him
Posted via Mobile Device

3 full years at Michigan State vs. 6 whole quarters of NFL football.

Yippie, he's the next Matt ****ing Flynn. Let's trade for him so he can sit on the goddamn bench all next year.

htismaqe 12-28-2012 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9246391)
Stanzi was horribly inaccurate at the combine throwing 10 yard outs...it was laughable

He was also the ONLY guy there that could throw a backshoulder fade at the hash. Marshall Faulk praised him repeatedly.

Let's be fair.

htismaqe 12-28-2012 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9246360)
Sorry, I didn't like Stanzi coming out, and I posted last year that Cousins was underrated/valued by this board.

What did you like about Cousins? Was it the great defense, the overwhelming running game, or maybe it was the 20 TDs per season he averaged.

Kirk Cousins is, and was, OVER-valued by this board.

farmerchief 12-28-2012 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9246391)

So THAT is the reason he hasnt gotten any playing time the last few weeks, as our passing offense ONLY has 10 yard outs in the playbook?ROFL

Hootie 12-28-2012 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by farmerchief (Post 9246543)
So THAT is the reason he hasnt gotten any playing time the last few weeks, as our passing offense ONLY has 10 yard outs in the playbook?ROFL

that is the toughest route for an NFL QB to throw.

that's the one scouts look at as the "eye test" for a QB

Just saying.

But hey, I was SUPER impressed with Christian Ponder at the combine and he's been pretty terrible so far so wtf do I know?

DeezNutz 12-28-2012 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9246503)
What did you like about Cousins? Was it the great defense, the overwhelming running game, or maybe it was the 20 TDs per season he averaged.

I'm not claiming to be an expert on Stanzi or Cousins. Far from it. But I viewed Stanzi as a mental midget and Cousins as someone who was reasonably responsible and accurate with the football.

FTR, I think I said Cousins would be a solid choice in the 4th or 5th round, so I wasn't exactly his biggest promoter, but I wouldn't have drafted Stanzi at all.

Hootie 12-28-2012 04:46 PM

I think Cousins could be a Trent Green but what do I know?! I'm just a dipshit with a keyboard.

Hoover 12-28-2012 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9246503)

Every player drafted by a team other than the Chiefs is over valued on this board.

Marty Mac Ver 2.0 12-28-2012 04:52 PM

This to me is the biggest reason WHY Stanzi should have started. Let him perform and ship him off for a pick. However, if he won games, we don't have the #1 pick so it's double edged sword.

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9245986)
All the more reason we should given Stanzi a couple of starts.

If Washington can turn this shitstick for picks, we could too.