ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life What do you suggest for my last meal? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=283971)

Hammock Parties 05-28-2014 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 10656653)
:facepalm:

That's not even real Mexican food and you're trying to talk shit on KC's Mexican food (where there is plenty of good spots)

EXACTLY. EXACTLY.

That looks like some bullshit cookie cutter Tex-Mex place that I can find in bum****, Iowa.

TLO 05-28-2014 08:39 PM

GOD DAMN THESE FOOD THREADS

SAUTO 05-28-2014 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Count Zarth (Post 10656743)
EXACTLY. EXACTLY.

That looks like some bullshit cookie cutter Tex-Mex place that I can find in bum****, Iowa.

Wonder where the term Tex mex came from mr I lived in Texas for 20 years
Posted via Mobile Device

Simply Red 05-28-2014 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Smoke (Post 10656754)
GOD DAMN THESE FOOD THREADS

I wasn't super shocked once 'Are Twinkies overrated' achieved the century mark.

Hammock Parties 05-28-2014 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 10656761)
Wonder where the term Tex mex came from mr I lived in Texas for 20 years
Posted via Mobile Device

Why do you think I hate it so much? LMAO

SAUTO 05-28-2014 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Count Zarth (Post 10656774)
Why do you think I hate it so much? LMAO

Then you shouldn't use it when you are trying to convince someone you know Mexican food, silly.
Posted via Mobile Device

Simply Red 05-28-2014 08:49 PM

I swear to God I'd try to survive in the jungles in Guadalajara Mexico - before I'd ever move to Texas.

Coochie liquor 05-28-2014 08:52 PM

If you ain't eating pussy for your last meal.....

Coochie Liquor

In58men 05-28-2014 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 10656733)
Kc has tons of illegals too
Posted via Mobile Device

We are 4-5 hours away from Mexico bro

In58men 05-28-2014 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coochie liquor (Post 10656788)
If you ain't eating pussy for your last meal.....

Coochie Liquor

Oh look a n00b from Florida.

I think we have a special thread for you somewhere.

SAUTO 05-28-2014 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 10656814)
We are 4-5 hours away from Mexico bro

And? I've heard from a good source most just keep moving and get as far from the border a possible
Posted via Mobile Device

In58men 05-28-2014 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 10656825)
And? I've heard from a good source most just keep moving and get as far from the border a possible
Posted via Mobile Device

Go to yelp and search Mexican restaurants in Bakersfield ca or google it. That's all we have here. I hate you, quit ****ing with me. Die

SAUTO 05-28-2014 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 10656839)
Go to yelp and search Mexican restaurants in Bakersfield ca or google it. That's all we have here. I hate you, quit ****ing with me. Die

Doesn't mean they are good... And I wont die any time soon. I love to live
Posted via Mobile Device

listopencil 05-28-2014 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 10656882)
Doesn't mean they are good... And I wont die any time soon. I love to live
Posted via Mobile Device

I live in a dink ass little town (~7k) in NorCal and there are two authentic Mexican places here, 3-5 burrito/taco wagons daily (depends on the season) and a really nice carneceria. Or I can go visit any one of dozens of friends of mine for a home cooked meal that would seriously blow you out of the water. No shit.

redshirt32 05-28-2014 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 10656733)
Kc has tons of illegals too
Posted via Mobile Device

What city does not
Love me some Mexican food miss but cant speak Spanish for shit,

but should learn if I plan to come back to USA, so I can teach my new born so he will already know it before grade school , it is required in most schools and he will benefit if he is Bilingual 20 years from now.

SAUTO 05-28-2014 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 10657011)
I can go visit any one of dozens of friends of mine for a home cooked meal

This is what I'm talking about, oh and also flipping Inmem shit
Posted via Mobile Device

redshirt32 05-29-2014 12:17 AM

I would not eat a whole bunch of food, go light
and use water to clean up much better than paper, paper will make you raw hide.........
use crystal light to mix with that gallon of shit you will be forced to drink over night

If they scope you and your not clean you just wasted all that time and suffering and will have to do it over,

HoneyBadger 05-29-2014 01:04 AM

Breast milk.

Go out like you came in.

Dayze 05-29-2014 07:22 AM

double up at Chiptole; burrito and tacos. mmm. I might have to double up tonight (NTTAWWT)

Coochie liquor 05-29-2014 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 10656817)
Oh look a n00b from Florida.

I think we have a special thread for you somewhere.

Yay!! Will there be balloons, and prizes, and rides, and animals there too Mr. Clown?? I love special threads!! Especially special threads that are special for ME!!

Coochie liquor 05-29-2014 07:27 AM

And Tijuana Flats is the shizz down here in the Gunshine state!!

tooge 05-29-2014 08:23 AM

I'd make the ultimate chili cheese fries.

Start with some good crispy fries. Curly fries are better yet. Make up some good beef chili. Dump your giant pile of fries on a platter. Then put a giant handful of grated cheese over the fries. Then dump a large ladle of the chili over the cheese. Top the chili with more cheese, then some italian pickled cherry peppers. Finish it all off with a big ole spoonful of sour cream. Prepare to dump!

tooge 05-29-2014 08:25 AM

1 Attachment(s)
something like this, but bigger, and with the peppers

KC native 05-29-2014 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 10656715)
Don't even try to compare your Mexican places to ours. You guys kill us in BBQ and we will destroy in Mexican food. Dude Mexico is about 5-6 hours away, think of all the illegals we have ROFL

Dude, my family ran a very successful Mexican restaurant in KC for 3 decades. I'm the 2nd generation of my family (dad's side) that has been born in this country.

My great-grandfather opened the restaurant because his sisters wanted to immigrate the US but didn't want to have to learn English immediately (they all learned English after moving here). My grandmother took over the restaurant after my great-grandparents died (she was born in Mexico).

SAUTO 05-29-2014 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 10657360)
Dude, my family ran a very successful Mexican restaurant in KC for 3 decades. I'm the 2nd generation of my family (dad's side) that has been born in this country.

My great-grandfather opened the restaurant because his sisters wanted to immigrate the US but didn't want to have to learn English immediately (they all learned English after moving here). My grandmother took over the restaurant after my great-grandparents died (she was born in Mexico).

which one? pm if you want.

In58men 05-29-2014 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 10657360)

I'm sure there is a few Mexican sports in KC, but Bakersfield has places on every corner, literally. You can't say KC has better Mexican places than us. No way in hell. You guys win on the BBQ, but not Mexican.

Omaha 05-29-2014 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 10656277)
A dick

/thread

Dayze 05-29-2014 09:54 AM

I love Manny's locally here in KC. used to be a great place to eat for pretty cheap. not so much anymore. I suppose it's priced based on othersin the market, but still. I remember getting my bill the last time I was there and sort of sat there for a minute....lol

Predarat 05-29-2014 09:56 AM

Prime Rib, loaded baked potato. ceasear salad, raspberry cheesecake for dessert.

frankotank 05-29-2014 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 10657561)
I love Manny's locally here in KC. used to be a great place to eat for pretty cheap. not so much anymore. I suppose it's priced based on othersin the market, but still. I remember getting my bill the last time I was there and sort of sat there for a minute....lol

LOVE Manny's....but haven't been there in a while. it's time.

as to the thread question....Casey's Taco Pizza.....hold the lettuce add jalapenos & extra cheese. easy and will most CERTAINLY get the poop chute moving again......quickly!

mikey23545 05-29-2014 10:19 AM

Unbelievable Update:

They called the friggin' thing off.

I have a pacemaker/defibrillator and I'm in constant A-fib, so I have to take warfarin (a blood thinner) and I have been having trouble with my blood being thinned out too much...they tried to thicken things up with some vitamin K but after an INR stat test this morning they've decided it is still too thin to risk a medical procedure tomorrow morning...

Well, at least I got a lot of culinary advice for when I can get it done.

Thanks to all! :toast:

Predarat 05-29-2014 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikey23545 (Post 10657622)
Unbelievable Update:

They called the friggin' thing off.

I have a pacemaker/defibrillator and I'm in constant A-fib, so I have to take warfarin (a blood thinner) and I have been having trouble with my blood being thinned out too much...they tried to thicken things up with some vitamin K but after an INR stat test this morning they've decided it is still too thin to risk a medical procedure tomorrow morning...

Well, at least I got a lot of culinary advice for when I can get it done.

Thanks to all! :toast:

http://media1.giphy.com/media/ykGoY48OoZ1Qc/200_s.gif

Kansas City Kid 05-29-2014 12:23 PM

My suggestion would have been the Z-Man sandwich with a side of beans and fries from Oklahoma Joe's.

Dayze 05-29-2014 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 10657595)
LOVE Manny's....but haven't been there in a while. it's time.

as to the thread question....Casey's Taco Pizza.....hold the lettuce add jalapenos & extra cheese. easy and will most CERTAINLY get the poop chute moving again......quickly!

yeah after I typed it, I'm craving Manny's now lol.

the black bartender there has been there since I was probably 7 years old;

El Jefe 05-29-2014 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 10656286)
Totinos pizza, and mac and cheese with ketchup.

Did we just become best friends?

KC native 05-29-2014 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 10657404)
which one? pm if you want.

It's closed now and has been for sometime so I don't mind posting it.

Las Playas. My great-grandpa started it on the West side (On Jefferson IIRC). They used to get lines out the door, so he decided to move into a bigger space and moved it out to Independence on 40 highway.

Edit: It was also my first job. My 16-17 year old cousins loved me. They could call me at 6:00 on a Friday or Saturday night and ask if I wanted to finish their shift for them. So I started washing dishes there when I was 12 and started bussing tables when I was 13. My great uncle used to get pissed at my grandma for letting me work because he thought they were going to get in trouble. I was the baller of 5th grade because I was the only one with a job.

KC native 05-29-2014 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 10657427)
I'm sure there is a few Mexican sports in KC, but Bakersfield has places on every corner, literally. You can't say KC has better Mexican places than us. No way in hell. You guys win on the BBQ, but not Mexican.

I wouldn't argue that. I would expect there to be more good places, but that doesn't mean that KC doesn't have good Mexican food.

Also, I live in Texas now so I'm surrounded by a ton of good places. I rarely go to actual Mexican restaurants anymore (unless I'm eating seafood). I usually end up eating at the carniceria or a taco truck.

But it's not like it's hard to make good Mexican food.

Beef Supreme 05-29-2014 01:33 PM

Not a single pic of a Long John Silver's platter in this thread. Color me amazed.

I'd go for Chick-fil-A.

Mike in SW-MO 05-29-2014 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 10657561)

Manny ' s was my absolute have - to - go - to place, back to the days when they were a hole-in - the wall. Bean dip and pork burritos. Killer. If I was in KC only 1 day back in my Navy days, had to go to Manny's.

Dayze 05-29-2014 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike in SW-MO (Post 10658130)
Manny ' s was my absolute have - to - go - to place, back to the days when they were a hole-in - the wall. Bean dip and pork burritos. Killer. If I was in KC only 1 day back in my Navy days, had to go to Manny's.

yep.
their pork is outstanding. and the bean dip kicks major ass.

Omaha 05-29-2014 02:24 PM

A Pink Lady apple?

SAUTO 05-29-2014 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 10658064)
It's closed now and has been for sometime so I don't mind posting it.

Las Playas. My great-grandpa started it on the West side (On Jefferson IIRC). They used to get lines out the door, so he decided to move into a bigger space and moved it out to Independence on 40 highway.

Edit: It was also my first job. My 16-17 year old cousins loved me. They could call me at 6:00 on a Friday or Saturday night and ask if I wanted to finish their shift for them. So I started washing dishes there when I was 12 and started bussing tables when I was 13. My great uncle used to get pissed at my grandma for letting me work because he thought they were going to get in trouble. I was the baller of 5th grade because I was the only one with a job.

When did they leave the west side? That's just over the bridge from my old stomping grounds, hell I was riding with davs down i think it's Caesar Chavez now and one of his Dayton's came off and went through the windshield of an oncoming car. Crazy old times. I was YOUNG. Used to go to se Chris and Tim most days at lonas when we used to build cars...They aren't even in that shop anymore.
Posted via Mobile Device

srvy 05-29-2014 07:18 PM

I am more a Ponaks fan than Manny's but I always loved that cheesy tex mex stuff.

SAUTO 05-29-2014 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 10659005)
I am more a Ponaks fan than Manny's but I always loved that cheesy tex mex stuff.

Im not a fan of either to be honest.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hammock Parties 05-29-2014 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 10656776)
Then you shouldn't use it when you are trying to convince someone you know Mexican food, silly.
Posted via Mobile Device

I didn't invoke ANY Tex-Mex as good.