ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   What if Herm unleashes "Brody" Sunday vs Oakland ? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=174943)

Chief Henry 11-20-2007 08:23 AM

What if Herm unleashes "Brody" Sunday vs Oakland ?

Brody throws for close to 270-300 yards. Brody toss's 2 TD's and P. Holmes runs one in too and KC whallops Oakland. Do we forgive herm with his dismal game plan from last week ? DO we forgive Herm for his dismal offense this hole season ? Or - do we celebrate life again that
Herm might just have figured this thing out ?

Herman can't blow this game vs Da Raiderts, can he ?

Yesterday driving back to my office I got thinking how Tony Gonzolez was upset after the game and Jared Allen was un happy too. When
does a coach lose his players and team ? When does a player say
fug it and just starts mailing it in.

Hammock Parties 11-20-2007 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Henry
Brody throws for close to 270-300 yards. Brody toss's 2 TD's and P. Holmes runs one in too and KC whallops Oakland. Do we forgive herm with his dismal game plan from last week ?

No. You give him credit for one game. You hope it continues.

Kylo Ren 11-20-2007 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Henry
Brody throws for close to 270-300 yards. Brody toss's 2 TD's and P. Holmes runs one in too and KC whallops Oakland. Do we forgive herm with his dismal game plan from last week ? DO we forgive Herm for his dismal offense this hole season ? Or - do we celebrate life again that
Herm might just have figured this thing out ?

Herman can't blow this game vs Da Raiderts, can he ?

Yesterday driving back to my office I got thinking how Tony Gonzolez was upset after the game and Jared Allen was un happy too. When
does a coach lose his players and team ? When does a player say
fug it and just starts mailing it in.

He won't. :shake: This is Herm we're talking about here. :deevee: Come on! :grr: Get with the program. :banghead:

Pushead2 11-20-2007 08:28 AM

then dec. 2 he will go back to his garbage offense.

Mecca 11-20-2007 08:33 AM

LOL unleash Brody......so he'll be allowed to throw passes longer than 4 yards?

We could have Tom Brady and Randy Moss and Herm would have us running 30 times while throwing dinks and dunks, it's just his nature.

HonestChieffan 11-20-2007 08:35 AM

As long as we are close at half time...

Its all about clock management.

FloridaMan88 11-20-2007 08:43 AM

Herm has already lost this team because he has shown zero confidence in his players, especially on offense.

Chief Henry 11-20-2007 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsfan88
Herm has already lost this team because he has shown zero confidence in his players, especially on offense.

This is one thing I'm very afraid of. I'm also concerned about this team putting out effort when he see's Herm mailing it in with over a minute to go and 3 t-outs in the bank.

Rain Man 11-20-2007 08:52 AM

I will never forgive Herman Edwards for last week. Never.

Pushead2 11-20-2007 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man
I will never forgive Herman Edwards for last week. Never.

Agree

chagrin 11-20-2007 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsfan88
he has shown zero confidence in his players,

I agree, what did it for me was before the Packer game, he told the reporters that basically we had no reason to think we'd win, especially with Green Bay coming off the bye week; it wasn't just a coach saying "they are strong after the bye and we'll see" I forget his exact words but it was negative for sure.
Damnit, I don't mind the conservative stuff (although I he is way too conservative IMO) but the negativity of his opinions of the potential and to say shit like that to reporters before the game, it really gets to me.

a1na2 11-20-2007 09:23 AM

From the looks of the game I wonder if 'the Hermit' threw the game?

We had opportunities to excel and every time he took the low road.

1 1/2 minutes and two time outs before half time and we kneeled on the ball, how FU is that?

At the end of the game he called a stupidly conceived trick play to go 60 yards with no real setup for the play. At least a hail Mary pass would have had four possible outcomes. 1) TD, 2) pass interference and one more play 3) incomplete pass and 4) interception. How many times in history of the NFL has that dipshit doodle throw the ball up for grabs been successful? How often has the Hail Mary worked in one way or another? I always see the highlights of the Hail Mary, the only one I've seen with the dipshit doodle was the UC Berekley/UCLA game many years ago and even that one was more thought out than what the Chiefs ran.

Hammock Parties 11-20-2007 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by a1na2
From the looks of the game I wonder if 'the Hermit' threw the game?

Shut up, Tom.

a1na2 11-20-2007 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chagrin
I agree, what did it for me was before the Packer game, he told the reporters that basically we had no reason to think we'd win, especially with Green Bay coming off the bye week; it wasn't just a coach saying "they are strong after the bye and we'll see" I forget his exact words but it was negative for sure.
Damnit, I don't mind the conservative stuff (although I he is way too conservative IMO) but the negativity of his opinions of the potential and to say shit like that to reporters before the game, it really gets to me.

'the Hermit' spoke the Green Bay loss into existence. The players would have zero confidence in themselves when their HC basically tells them all that they suck.

I think it's time for the HC to leave KC on a rail.

Hammock Parties 11-20-2007 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by a1na2
'the Hermit' spoke the Green Bay loss into existence.

Is that why we led by 6 with 5 minutes left?

I suppose the players then suddenly quit?

Come on, Tom. I know you hate Herm but some logic would be refreshing.