ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs' offense: "one of the worst in the league, by nearly every measure" (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=276680)

OnTheWarpath15 09-26-2013 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 10020644)
What ya got, BigMouth58? nothing to say?

Why argue with you?

You're just going to make more excuses.

To think that offenses only score what they need to score is one of the single dumbest arguments I've ever read in 8 years here.

Using your batshit insane logic, the Broncos should be taking their foot of the pedal at 24 points. They are giving up 23.

Instead, they are scoring 43 a game.

Why?

Because they can, and because teams don't just quit scoring in close games because they feel they have all the points they need.

Do you keep a book full of these excuses?

Or have you used them all so many times you've committed them to memory?

Rausch 09-26-2013 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 10020649)
actually, so far, he's made the play asked of him only 53% of the time... :(

Comp% will come with time. His 2nd WR didn't even become that until the preseason was about over. His main TE is injured. His O line is not exactly helping him out in pass protection.

I think his numbers will slowly bounce up to what they were the last 1.5 seasons in SF...

taterhog 09-26-2013 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 10020640)
I would guess Reid doesn't want to create injuries to his main players by fully crushing an opponent when he doesn't have to. Imagine if he did go all out on the Jaguars in the 2nd half and this allowed for a season-ender to Bowe.

You think Reid wouldn't get massive heat for that?

You mean Bowe's not injured? Huh. I remember seeing him hug Andy after the Gatorade shower, but between the opening kickoff and that, I don't remember seeing him much. He must have been on when I was grabbing a beer.

Rausch 09-26-2013 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 10020651)
You play... but you can half-ass it to protect certain players in an obvious win.

If you're up by 21 pts with 8 minutes left.

If the other team still has a legit shot to win (14 down with 8 left) you better not let up...

Ceej 09-26-2013 07:56 AM

Some people on here would bitch if we managed to win the Super Bowl 77-0.

Bwana 09-26-2013 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 10020650)
It does beat losing, but wouldn't you like to beat mediocre teams like the Eagles/Cowboys a little more convincingly? That would make me feel better heading into the playoffs since winning in the playoffs is sort of what's it's all about.

I would be great if that were that were the case, but there is a lot of improvement from last year overall and I hope they keep improving and get better before the end of the year. The biggest concern IMHO is the OL and their inconsistency. Honest question, what did you expect out of this team before the beginning of the season?

OnTheWarpath15 09-26-2013 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 10020651)
You play... but you can half-ass it to protect certain players in an obvious win.

You've obviously never played a down of football in your life.

You're told from an early age - that when you quit playing 100%, you're mor likely to get hurt.

Why would we let up in the Dallas or Philly game?

Both of them were close (on more than the other) throughout.

Rausch 09-26-2013 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ceej (Post 10020670)

No, they wouldn't.

We would bitch because some of us will be lucky to hit 77 and see us in a super bowl...

OnTheWarpath15 09-26-2013 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ceej (Post 10020670)

You look just as stupid as these Niner fans when you say things like this.

You're better than that.

Earthling 09-26-2013 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10020665)
Comp% will come with time. His 2nd WR didn't even become that until the preseason was about over. His main TE is injured. His O line is not exactly helping him out in pass protection.

I think his numbers will slowly bounce up to what they were the last 1.5 seasons in SF...

Agreed.

duncan_idaho 09-26-2013 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ace Gunner (Post 10020611)
....and no new OL players? oh, that's right -- players aren't the deciding factor, coaches/schemes are...

Philly's line situation is remarkably similar to the Chiefs:

Rookie RT (who is the LTotF, they swear) in Lane Johnson
Veterans who have been with the team a while at the other four spots, including an underappreciated LT and a few guys who struggled with injuries last year.

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 10020633)
Chicago has an entirely new OL. Only the center remains from last year's squad.

3/5 of the Chargers' line is new. Hardwick and Clary are the holdovers.

But our excuse is that we need time to "gel".

And this.

kcchiefsus 09-26-2013 08:01 AM

Just like it's too early to call the defense dominant, it's too early to say the offense sucks. 3 games is too small of a sample size.

dirk digler 09-26-2013 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10020648)
I do, I just don't agree with it...

Explain it to me then pretty please

Messier 09-26-2013 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 10020639)
WHY CAN'T YOU JUST BE HAPPY WITH 3-0?

Being a real fan must suck ass. Are you really just frustrated as can be right now? Wow. What a horrible feeling.

BigCatDaddy 09-26-2013 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 10020671)
I would be great if that were that were the case, but there is a lot of improvement from last year overall and I hope they keep improving and get better before the end of the year. The biggest concern IMHO is the OL and their inconsistency. Honest question, what did you expect out of this team before the beginning of the season?

I don't know if I really had any expectations other than better than last year. However with results expectation can change (See Royals).

While I expected the D to improve with a comptetent coach I didn't expect this type of performance, but now I found myself stuck in 1993 with a solid coaching staff, top shelf defense and a QB that seems to be what will hold this team back.