ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Bird Suffers Trent Green-like Symtoms. Not Sure He'll Make It. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=150286)

PastorMikH 10-21-2006 08:38 AM

Bird Suffers Trent Green-like Symtoms. Not Sure He'll Make It.

Got up this morning and fond one of the wife's plants on the dining room floor. Figured the kitten was playing with the birds this morning (He's a little over a year old now but since he's the youngest, we are still calling him the kitten). Upon closer examination of the cage, one of the birds, The kids call him Whitey because he is (or maybe was) a pure white Finch, wasn't acting too swift. He can't fly, can't stand, when he flops around he appears very uncoordinated, and he keeps tilting his head to the side. I stuck him in his nest and he's just laying in there asleep right now. My guess is the cat got him stirred up, flushed him out of the pocket and he slammed his head against the cage.

How long do you all think it will be before Whitey will be able to throw again? What is the probability that his career is over?

Oh, and BTW, I think anti-freeze is out for the bird, I don't think he's in much shape to drink it right now. We might be able to drown him in some though.

As for the cat, I think I will hold off on the anti-freeze for him until after he does in the other bird.

:)

siberian khatru 10-21-2006 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PastorMikH

How long do you all think it will be before Whitey will be able to throw again? What is the probability that his career is over?

Ask Halfcan.

PastorMikH 10-21-2006 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru
Ask Halfcan.

This bird doesn't go to church, nor does it have any relatives outside of us that go, so I'm not sure if his sources will be able to help. And since I'm not planning on taking the bird to the Chiropractor, that source of info probably won't be available either.

morphius 10-21-2006 09:10 AM

My folks seem to get a robin trying to fly into their windows every year. We are talking it litterally would knock the shit out of itself, blood and bird crap all over the windows. Dad picked up the BB gun to pick off the gofers in the back yard so I got it out and took a shot at the bird. With the one shot it gave me I obviously picked off only its left leg because my parents were talking about the one legged Robin they saw the next three days...

...but then it never came back.

boogblaster 10-21-2006 09:41 AM

birds usually go for Pepsi products..give him some with a little shot of Wellers..that way he'll feel better about staggering around....

trndobrd 10-21-2006 10:04 AM

Is the Kitten getting fined by the leauge? I heard he got blocked into the birdcage.

dj56dt58 10-21-2006 12:11 PM

Did you happen to see Jordan Black walking around with his head down in shame that he missed a block on a ****ing cat?

Ultra Peanut 10-21-2006 12:25 PM

Toby killed this bird.

Calcountry 10-21-2006 12:47 PM

If you are seriously asking about the bird in a joking way, or is this merely a pure joke thread?

Dark Horse 10-21-2006 02:45 PM

You should give that cat the game ball.

Cntrygal 10-21-2006 02:52 PM

Give the kitten some catnip.

PastorMikH 10-21-2006 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bunnytrdr
If you are seriously asking about the bird in a joking way, or is this merely a pure joke thread?

Eh, pretty much a parody. The Bird is actually acting a little better, but still looks dizzy and uncoordinated. So far he hasn't been able to say a word about what happened.

The cat seems to be fine as well. In fact, he may be feeling a bit cocky as he keeps trying to start stuff with the other cats now too.

On the serious side, there's probably not much we can do for the bird anyway. Either he lives or he doesn't. As long as he doesn't seem to be suffering too bad I won't knock him off and give him every chance of getting better. At the same time though, I am NOT about to spend $ for an after-hours vet visit for a $15 bird.

PastorMikH 10-22-2006 11:03 PM

Update

Well, the bird is starting to get and out flop around a bit. I am a bit surprised to say the least. Thought for sure he'd be a goner or at least go on IR for the rest of the season. Still can't fly and he's hoping sideways more than forward. But at least he's out and moving around on his own. We'll take our time with his recovery and re-evaluate him often.

The bird isn't getting around quite as good as the puppy me and a friend gave one of dad's beers to when I was a teenager.

The kitten has yet to be fined for the hit.