ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Cap casualty season: Here are some likely big-name victims (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269727)

Color Red 02-05-2013 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9380715)
Boldin is a pure Balla. Can play for my team anyday.
Posted via Mobile Device

I need to say this here. Seeing Boldin in the Super Bowl made me think of it again. But my remark is about Dwayne Bowe.

Last year when Bowe was holding out and thinking he is some elite receiver he expects to be paid like, he is thinking of someone like Boldin.

Dwayne Bowe is nothing like Anquan Boldin. Only has been once in awhile, in spurts.

Rausch 02-05-2013 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 9380824)
Nobody wanted Alex Smith last year. Is there suddenly going to be demand for him?

Not for what he wants...

BlackHelicopters 02-05-2013 06:16 PM

Does Tyson Jackson drive a Bentley and rent a house?

-King- 02-05-2013 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Color Red (Post 9380841)
I need to say this here. Seeing Boldin in the Super Bowl made me think of it again. But my remark is about Dwayne Bowe.

Last year when Bowe was holding out and thinking he is some elite receiver he expects to be paid like, he is thinking of someone like Boldin.

Dwayne Bowe is nothing like Anquan Boldin. Only has been once in awhile, in spurts.

Yeah. Funny what happens when you have a good QB throwing to you. Bowe hasn't had a QB half as good as Flacco. Boldin went from Kurt Warner to Flacco. Bowe went from Huard to Thigpen to Cassel to Quinn. Yet put up 1000 yard seasons. So spare me the BS.
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO 02-05-2013 06:22 PM

Bowe, IMO, is a better wr than boldin
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Flopnuts 02-05-2013 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Color Red (Post 9380841)

Wonder how he would've done in his career if he had Kurt Warner and Joe Flacco chucking him the rock instead of Tyler Thigpen, Brodie Croyle, Tyler Palko, Matt Cassel, and Damon Huard. :shake:

Chief_For_Life58 02-05-2013 06:27 PM

what about mercedes?

58kcfan89 02-05-2013 07:02 PM

With all the "ZOMG ALEX SMIFF IS TEH BEST QB EVAR FOR KC" talk, I'm surprised there aren't more people interested in Matt Hasselbeck. Like Reid, he's part of the Mike Holmgren tree and they were both in Green Bay during Hasselbeck's rookie season when Reid was the QB Coach, so they've at least got a little history.

He knows the West Coast offense, is a lot cheaper than A. Smith, and would likely come in with the knowledge that he's a stop gap until our #1 pick is ready to play, whenever that may be.

I know he's old and isn't as big of a name, but I see Hasselbeck as a much better fit than Alex Smith in KC. Perfect stopgap for a rookie QB, IMO.

Easy 6 02-05-2013 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 58kcfan89 (Post 9380953)
With all the "ZOMG ALEX SMIFF IS TEH BEST QB EVAR FOR KC" talk, I'm surprised there aren't more people interested in Matt Hasselbeck. Like Reid, he's part of the Mike Holmgren tree and they were both in Green Bay during Hasselbeck's rookie season when Reid was the QB Coach, so they've at least got a little history.

He knows the West Coast offense, is a lot cheaper than A. Smith, and would likely come in with the knowledge that he's a stop gap until our #1 pick is ready to play, whenever that may be.

I know he's old and isn't as big of a name, but I see Hasselbeck as a much better fit than Alex Smith in KC. Perfect stopgap for a rookie QB, IMO.

THIS

He would know his role and that his time is limited, if he even got any time at all... hell, i was hoping to somehow snag him this past season.

Mr. Flopnuts 02-05-2013 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 58kcfan89 (Post 9380953)

He is THE guy we need as our backup for next year.

SAUTO 02-05-2013 07:14 PM

I've been saying that since we hired Reid
Posted via Mobile Device

Sorter 02-05-2013 07:17 PM

Oh how I hope the Titans are dumb enough to cut Hasselbeck.

notorious 02-05-2013 07:33 PM

Tyson Jackson.

JFC.

-King- 02-05-2013 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9380888)
Wonder how he would've done in his career if he had Kurt Warner and Joe Flacco chucking him the rock instead of Tyler Thigpen, Brodie Croyle, Tyler Palko, Matt Cassel, and Damon Huard. :shake:

Wow. I forgot about Croyle and Palko.
Posted via Mobile Device

Titty Meat 02-05-2013 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9380991)
Oh how I hope the Titans are dumb enough to cut Hasselbeck.

Hes not very good.