ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Music Fans Rip Metallica a New One (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=185341)

BIG_DADDY 05-29-2008 03:26 PM

Fans Rip Metallica a New One

http://blog.wired.com/music/2008/05/will-metallica.html

chasedude 05-29-2008 03:32 PM

Yeah I heard the other day they were putting out a new CD.

After "And Justice for All..." I lost my taste for them. St Anger was just horrible!!

little jacob 05-29-2008 03:43 PM

they have been sucking sh@$ for 20 years now

Bowser 05-29-2008 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WileyC
Yeah. My wife and I have had the 'pleasure' of having Metallica's lawyers jump on us. Our crime? My wife made a set of FREE button sets that you could use online. They were pink. They were shiny. She called them "Rose Metallica".

We ended up renaming the set "Loser 80s Hair Band". No lawyers have called us about it since then.

LMAO

mdstu 05-29-2008 05:22 PM

They finally figured it out.

Stop making music worth listening to and people will stop illegally downloading it.

Lzen 05-30-2008 08:08 AM

Metallica has sucked since the mid 90s. They are the definition of sellouts.

Mr. Flopnuts 05-30-2008 03:49 PM

Yeah, **** em. They sold out, then they sold us out. They can eat shit. I don't even listen to their old stuff anymore. They've been snuffed from my music collection.

DaneMcCloud 05-30-2008 04:08 PM

I'm going on record saying their new album will be kick ass.

Rick Rubin is producing and has been very firm with them as far as direction. It's going to be closer to "Master of Puppets" than anything they did in the 90's.

Robert Trujillo is by far the best bassist they've had in the band. He's a monster talent which will allow them to really stretch out.

Expect many of the songs to be over 8 minutes long.

Their association with Bob Rock should have ended after "Load".

Deberg_1990 05-30-2008 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 4775721)

Rick Rubin is producing and has been very firm with them as far as direction. It's going to be closer to "Master of Puppets" than anything they did in the 90's.

Robert Trujillo is by far the best bassist they've had in the band. He's a monster talent which will allow them to really stretch out.

Now, i love Rick Rubin as a producer, but i honestly dont think they will ever be as good as they were in the 80's again.

I think most rock bands lose their "edge" as they get older. Thats just a part of life.

Nightwish 05-30-2008 07:38 PM

Quote:

I hope that turns out to be true. I agree about Rob Trujillo, he is a helluva bassist when he's allowed to be. I loved him with both Infectious Grooves and Suicidal Tendencies. My concern is that, as far as the whole "closer to MoP than anything they did in the 90s" thing, that's what they said about St. Anger, and we all know how far off the mark that turned out to be. On the other hand, I like Rick Rubin, and if they're working with him ... and listening to him (that's the big thing) ... it's a good sign.

Let's just hope they really have learned their lesson, really have decided to turn back to their old fanbase, and that this isn't just another publicity stunt. When they toured ahead of St. Anger, doing nothing but their 80s material, I got my hopes up, only to have them shattered when the cd came out. Let's pray this isn't a repeat.

Spott 05-30-2008 08:08 PM

Metallica really started to go downhill after Cliff died. And Justice for All was the last decent album this band had before they sold out and let Lars take over.

Nightwish 05-31-2008 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spott (Post 4775935)
Metallica really started to go downhill after Cliff died. And Justice for All was the last decent album this band had before they sold out and let Lars take over.

Personally, I'd name "Load" as the album that began to herald a serious decline. The Black album was a big departure in sound and style, but it was still a pretty decent and solid album. That was their last good album, in my book.

Third Eye 05-31-2008 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spott (Post 4775935)

Thank god someone has some sense in this thread. Anybody that thinks this album is going to be remotely as good as Master of Puppets is out of their mind. Robert Trujillo is a hell of a bass player, but Metallica was Metallica because of Cliff's composition. I am still haunted by the memories of "the black album." First time I heard Enter Sandman, I knew Metallica had died.

Brock 05-31-2008 09:44 AM

Quote:

They don't appear to be able to write songs anymore. So I doubt it will be very good.

Sure-Oz 05-31-2008 10:52 AM

I would love to beat lars ulrich senslessly

screw sucktalica