ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Rumor - Pioli offered two year extension (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265089)

Hammock Parties 10-14-2012 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9009960)
Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but this would lead me to believe that Clark is looking for a way to lessen the financial responsibility before firing Pioli.

http://i.imgur.com/8PIA2.gif

BossChief 10-14-2012 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9010007)
Clark would give him a 50 year extension if it meant saving money. If Pioli is bent about the buyout language, it leads me to believe that Clark is looking for a way to lower the payout should he fire Pioli before the end of next season.

Think about it - Pioli has chosen to decline the offer - if this was a legitimate extension, Scott would be all over it.

It's a financial loophole, nothing more.

That's how I see it, too.

qabbaan 10-14-2012 10:33 AM

If we think about this, and if Pioli is in the last year of a deal (do we know that for sure?) - when did you ever hear of a GM in a contract year? Good ones get extended. The fact that he wasn't extended, say, last year means Clark wasn't convinced.

So you seem to end up in this scenario where Pioli is in a put up or shut up year, and its not going so well. Now, Hunt is angling for an exit that makes sense on the business side if things continue to burrow into the silt.

My guess is that Hunt hasn't quite decided to fire Pioli yet, but without some signs of improvement this year he will. Pioli has no leverage right now to dictate terms of an extension, Hunt is negotiating from a position of strength.

He could be trying to save money while knowing that he will likely fire Pioli either way.

BossChief 10-14-2012 10:34 AM

I wonder if part of the language has the word "quarterback" in it.

Bugeater 10-14-2012 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9010007)
Clark would give him a 50 year extension if it meant saving money. If Pioli is bent about the buyout language, it leads me to believe that Clark is looking for a way to lower the payout should he fire Pioli before the end of next season.

Think about it - Pioli has chosen to decline the offer - if this was a legitimate extension, Scott would be all over it.

It's a financial loophole, nothing more.

Interesting. The plot thickens I guess.

Bugeater 10-14-2012 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qabbaan (Post 9010040)
If we think about this, and if Pioli is in the last year of a deal (do we know that for sure?) - when did you ever hear of a GM in a contract year? Good ones get extended. The fact that he wasn't extended, say, last year means Clark wasn't convinced.

So you seem to end up in this scenario where Pioli is in a put up or shut up year, and its not going so well. Now, Hunt is angling for an exit that makes sense on the business side if things continue to burrow into the silt.

My guess is that Hunt hasn't quite decided to fire Pioli yet, but without some signs of improvement this year he will. Pioli has no leverage right now to dictate terms of an extension, Hunt is negotiating from a position of strength.

He could be trying to save money while knowing that he will likely fire Pioli either way.

I thought 2013 was the last year of his original contract?

BossChief 10-14-2012 10:35 AM

I don't see how some of you take this info and use it to slam Clark.

This is a clear sign that Clark is growing a set.

Mother****erJones 10-14-2012 10:37 AM

Yes Plot thickens. The "Language" is control over the franchise. Clark wants more of a say and will or Pioli will be fired.

the Talking Can 10-14-2012 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9010048)
I don't see how some of you take this info and use it to slam Clark.

This is a clear sign that Clark is growing a set.

the only thing it is a clear sign of is that Clark has offered pioli an extension he doesn't deserve...

Hammock Parties 10-14-2012 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9010060)
the only thing it is a clear sign of is that Clark has offered pioli an extension he doesn't deserve...

Two-year extensions aren't much of a vote of confidence dude.

If Clark really wanted Pioli extended, he would be already.

Bugeater 10-14-2012 10:40 AM

If Clark had a set, he would've fired him already.

Marcellus 10-14-2012 10:41 AM

As stated already a 2 year extension with a disagreement on the buy out language doesn't sound like a ringing endorsement.

Where the guy who wrote the article translated that to staunch endorsement is beyond me.

DTLB58 10-14-2012 10:42 AM

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...year-extension

NFL.com picking up on it now also.

BossChief 10-14-2012 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9010060)

Think about it.

The language of a buyout is the sticking point, meaning that Clark has put it on the table that if things dont turn around, he can fire SP on the cheap.

This means Pioli would have 3 more years (after 2012) and that he would need to draft a quarterback or find some way to get real results.

Hammock Parties 10-14-2012 10:43 AM

Would be awesome if Clark fired Pioli on the field after the game and didn't let him ride the team plane home.