ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Late Night Bullshit: Defensive Coordinators (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268575)

CaliforniaChief 01-09-2013 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by booger (Post 9298929)

Rooney Rule guy.

Interviewing someone who looks like Mr. Rooney.

booger 01-09-2013 01:34 AM

lol

booger 01-09-2013 01:35 AM

I just hope its true for the fact it looks like the talk of him considering staying with the 34 isn't just lip service. Sutton has experience in the 2 gap 34 and of course Ryan's multi front scheme

Sorter 01-09-2013 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9291073)
That's a good list. I personally would rather they didn't go back to a 43. I would be pretty happy with Herring or Leavitt. Herring has had to deal with a lot of injuries at LB recently for HOU, most notably Cushing as mentioned. Maybe Tomsula could get some value out of our damn Dline, same with Kollar. Don't know much about Richard or Seto.

My guess would be Greene has a better chance of being taken then the guys on that list. Assuming Horton doesn't get fired.

I really like what Tomsula has done with MacDonald and Smith recently.

DaneMcCloud 01-09-2013 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by booger (Post 9298929)

He's from the tree!!!

:evil:

Sorter 01-09-2013 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9298959)
He's from the tree!!!

:evil:

Burn with fire?

booger 01-09-2013 02:16 AM

lol yes he is!

I honestly don't know much about him.

RustShack 01-09-2013 02:21 AM

Must be a good coach if four different HC's kept him with the Jets. How good were his defenses from 06-08? Would have been right after Herm came here...

Sorter 01-09-2013 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 9298968)
Must be a good coach if four different HC's kept him with the Jets. How good were his defenses from 06-08? Would have been right after Herm came here...

IIRC, they let Cassel through for 400+ against them...so...

Tribal Warfare 01-09-2013 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 9298968)

http://forums.jetnation.com/topic/103604-bob-sutton/

Quote:

Originally Posted by T0mShane
When Sutton was our defensive coordinator, he got steamrolled to the point that he expected to be fired at the end of the season (if you remember his end-of-season interviews). Besides, you cannot import discipline. It has to come from the top and it has to be consistent. Allegedly, Henry Ellard and Schottenheimer tried to exert discipline upon Santonio's head during the Miami debacle. How'd that work out? Ellard and Schott were shown the door while Holmes was immediately praised for his "competitiveness" and subsequently handed a check for $15 mil.

This isn't to say that keeping Sutton around is a problem. Really, who cares? He's an old hand that Rex likes. But, if your point is that Sutton was promoted to play Good Cop/Bad Cop, I think you're kidding yourself.

booger 01-09-2013 02:51 AM

Not being mentioned a lot is special teams. This team hasn't really had a good special teams coach since Ganz Jr on DV's staff. Priefer was an assistant st's coach who Herm gave his first chance to be the lead man. Same thing with Haley giving that shot to kicking guru Steve Hoffman. Tom McMahon is just awful. Bobby April coming over from the Eagles would be a really good hire

DaneMcCloud 01-09-2013 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by booger (Post 9298979)
Not being mentioned a lot is special teams. This team hasn't really had a good special teams coach since Ganz Jr on DV's staff. Priefer was an assistant st's coach who Herm gave his first chance to be the lead man. Same thing with Haley giving that shot to kicking guru Steve Hoffman. Tom McMahon is just awful. Bobby April coming over from the Eagles would be a really good hire

Early rumors were that Bobby April was the guy, I thought?

If Dorsey's hired, I can't see how Kevin Greene wouldn't get a DC interview, unless he's completely worthless.

Rausch 01-09-2013 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9298981)

If Dorsey's hired, I can't see how Kevin Greene wouldn't get a DC interview, unless he's completely worthless.

I loved Greene. Dude was a ****ing beast.

I really haven't followed him as a coach so I don't know if he's ready for that role but I'd love to have him on the staff...

booger 01-09-2013 03:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9298981)

Yea they were and that's what I'm saying...That would be great if true.

Someone up and coming and never having had called plays will benefit greatly from Thomas and Gibbs. I see that as probable with Dorsey's coming aboard(hopefully) I also see him seeing the talent that is here and the fact it is for sure Tamba, DJ, and Houston's best defense and there are some fatties to eat some space up front. I'd be on board with Greene. DL hire will be interesting too. Don't know too much what that crowd of coaches looks like

Rausch 01-09-2013 03:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by booger (Post 9298988)
Yea they were and that's what I'm saying...That would be great if true.

Someone up and coming and never having had called plays will benefit greatly from Thomas and Gibbs. I see that as probable with Dorsey's coming aboard(hopefully) I also see him seeing the talent that is here and the fact it is for sure Tamba, DJ, and Houston's best defense and there are some fatties to eat some space up front. I'd be on board with Greene. DL hire will be interesting too. Don't know too much what that crowd of coaches looks like

Greene would no doubt run an attacking 3-4...