ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Dorsey: There is no definite first round QB (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270104)

OnTheWarpath15 02-16-2013 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9409190)
I think your Geno love is a bit blinding in regards to Foles. He was encouraging last year.

He beat up on Washington and Tampa, two of the three worst pass defenses in the league.

Outside those two games he was anywhere from horrible to below average.

O.city 02-16-2013 10:14 PM

If we sign Albert, it's either a QB at 1, or a 34 DE who doesnt' excel at rushing the passer, a CB who isn't a lock down guy, or a pass rusher who would likely be a subpackage guy.

RealSNR 02-16-2013 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9409193)
What if they like Barkley or Wilson and know that nobody wants them in the first round?

Take them at 1? Or get another playmaker at 1 and then get them at 34?

What playmaker? Where is he?

Show me this playmaker.

There is nobody worth #1 overall if it's not an OT or a QB this year.

OnTheWarpath15 02-16-2013 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9409204)
If they opt for Foles, Alex Smith, or some other lesser solution, they better make the playoffs YEAR ONE.

There's absolutely no excuse for "playing it safe" and not netting the ONLY RESULTS that make playing it safe acceptable.

2009 all over again.

htismaqe 02-16-2013 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9409193)
What if they like Barkley or Wilson and know that nobody wants them in the first round?

Take them at 1? Or get another playmaker at 1 and then get them at 34?

Why take the chance?

O.city 02-16-2013 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9409205)
He beat up on Washington and Tampa, two of the three worst pass defenses in the league.

Outside those two games he was anywhere from horrible to below average.

I'm just trying to rationalize it, because I've been told to trust Reid because he's a QB guru.

Hammock Parties 02-16-2013 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 9409159)
If no QB ends up with a first round grade, what should they do? Reach by a complete round?

You're basically completely ignorant if you think no QB has a first round grade.

Cam Newton and Mark Sanchez are ****ing jokes compared to Geno.

HolyHat 02-16-2013 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9409209)
What playmaker? Where is he?

Show me this playmaker.

There is nobody worth #1 overall if it's not an OT or a QB this year.

Exactly. ****ing spot on. Not 1 player in this draft is worth #1. So take the best QB and start raping shit

OnTheWarpath15 02-16-2013 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9409213)
I'm just trying to rationalize it, because I've been told to trust Reid because he's a QB guru.

Yeah, and Pioli was the Executive of the Decade.

htismaqe 02-16-2013 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9409197)
I am not saying I don't want a QB at #1.

I don't take Dorsey as being anything close to a guy to arrogant, close-minded, or a guy who isn't smart enough to know the scenario above. Reid as well -- he has pleasantly surprised me this offseason for being exactly the opposite of that. I don't think he's stupid. If he doesn't take Geno or anyone at #1, he obviously does not see something, and he has a lot of years of experience that says he at least has earned the trust for the first 1 or 2 years to show us what his backup plan is.

Sorry, but just not gonna work.

They happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

We have the #1 pick. It's the one and ONLY time in the last quarter century when NOBODY can say "somebody got him before we did" or "we just didn't have a high enough pick".

This pick was 3 ****ing decades in the making. I don't care who's in charge, they better get it ****ing right. Period.

RealSNR 02-16-2013 10:17 PM

Also, I'm laughing my ass off at "what if they know nobody wants them in the first round?"

What if they know the winning powerball number? What if they know how to cure cancer?

You're a ****ing joke, RunKC.

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-16-2013 10:18 PM

Quick! What is the definition of insanity, boys and girls?
Posted via Mobile Device

chiefzilla1501 02-16-2013 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9409104)
Yeah, I'm not all into giving a guy 3 years to get the QB spot right. **** that.

The Seahawks did that. They got the QB decision wrong many times before they eventually got it right. I'm not talking about waiting 3 years for a QB. I'm saying if the Chiefs keep swinging and missing, but end up finding gold in year 3, that's fine by me.

Pioli passing on Sanchez was not a mistake. Trading for Cassel wasn't a mistake, even if he was grossly overpaid. The mistake was stubbornness to not keep taking a swing. Again... if they pass on Geno, but in the first 3 years find a QB who ends up doing better... fine by me.

Hammock Parties 02-16-2013 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9409223)
Quick! What is the definition of insanity, boys and girls?
Posted via Mobile Device

Being a Chiefs fan.

O.city 02-16-2013 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9409217)
Yeah, and ***** was the Executive of the Decade.

Well, they pretty much just ****ed themselves in regards to a trade down, and said they don't like any of the QB's.

Not sure where they go from here.