ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News Murder charges in revenge killing by father of children slain by drunk driver (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269960)

Deberg_1990 02-12-2013 02:13 PM

I know a guy who lost his 6 year old son and his two other kids were seriously hurt in a traffic accident back in 2006. A 19 y/o street racer crashed into them while they sat at a traffic light. Kid bragged about how it was "no big thing" on his social media page for a few years before he finally got sentenced to jail. To this day, i have no idea how my friend kept it together or still does. If he would have taken that kid out, i would have applauded. This country could use a little more "old school" justice in certain situations.

listopencil 02-12-2013 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulAllen (Post 9396714)
Sorry but I wouldn't have gone back to get my gun. I would've pulled a Vinnie Jones in Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels and just car doored that mother.

I can't say that I really know what I would have done. In all probability I would have beaten the guy to death with my bare hands.

BigCatDaddy 02-12-2013 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cave Johnson (Post 9396733)
Yeah, but that's severely compromised by his walking 300+ yds to get a gun.

We have a winner. The gun was a bad call.

I wonder how long after seeing your kids getting ran over by a drunk until you are cosidered in your right mind? I'm pretty sure for me it would be longer then would I would walk a 1/2 mile in.

mr. tegu 02-12-2013 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 9396693)
I hope he goes free, but I wouldn't have my 11 and 12 year old pushing a truck on an unlit country road at night.

I completely agree. I wonder what the speed limit was. Would anyone have been able to avoid hitting them?

Oh, and drunk drivers are some of the worst scumbags there are. Especially when they go out and know they plan on drinking a lot.

Iowanian 02-12-2013 03:15 PM

I wouldn't think a man under those circumstances would be expected to be in his right mind. Temporary insanity should be a very sound defense.

Put yourself in his place for a minute.

You're pushing a truck within sight of your home. Some drunken asshole smashes the bodies of your sons between his car and the bumper of your truck. Injuries are grotesque. Your sons are dying, your wife and living children are screaming.....and the asshole who is responsible is 8' away from you.

I'd wager more than 1 normally sane person could snap.

He should get manslaughter and minimal time in the pen.

Ace Gunner 02-12-2013 03:26 PM

alcohol=helluva drug

Prison Bitch 02-12-2013 03:45 PM

Guy had kids at 18?

Saul Good 02-12-2013 03:56 PM

Hooray for shooting a guy to death in front of his wife and young children.

You run out of gas on an unlit county road in the middle of the night and decide to have your young children help push the truck home?

WTF? Go home and come back in the morning with a can of gas, you ****ing stooge. Even a sober driver would have been a serious threat to everyone's safety. That isn't to excuse the drunk driver, but you don't get to go around shooting people to death in front of their families after you both did something incredibly negligent.

This is Trayvon vs Zimmerman all over again.

DTLB58 02-12-2013 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9396976)
Guy had kids at 18?

I don't mean to sound sarcastic but, you haven't heard of the epidemic that is teen pregnancy in this country?

Amnorix 02-12-2013 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 9396681)
I'd think one could claim temporary insanity, which is a viable plea in many states.

After watching your children crushed to death, it's pretty easy to see red and lose all sense of reason.

Ayep.

duncan_idaho 02-12-2013 04:10 PM

Two things I'm interested to see here:

1) Does the father's hand test positive for gunshot residue?
2) Is the gun ever found?

If the answer to both of those is "no," it's hard to imagine there being enough evidence to convict him.

Also, I wonder how the 911 call was placed. Was it by cell? Or from the house? That would be a possible explanation for the dad running to the house like he did.

Prison Bitch 02-12-2013 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DTLB58 (Post 9397014)
I don't mean to sound sarcastic but, you haven't heard of the epidemic that is teen pregnancy in this country?

It seems like he did it back to back. Ie dumped a wad when he was 17, and again within months of having the first. Sounds like a dumbass to begin with. Once is an accident, but two is a trend.

jspchief 02-12-2013 04:13 PM

I have faith in a jury to handle this properly.

jspchief 02-12-2013 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9397070)
It seems like he did it back to back. Ie dumped a wad when he was 17, and again within months of having the first. Sounds like a dumbass to begin with. Once is an accident, but two is a trend.

Good point. Oh wait, no it isn't. It has nothing to do with the story.

big nasty kcnut 02-12-2013 04:23 PM

Well one thing the mom and other kids were too stunned to notice the dad do anything. Plus no real good eyewitness. He will be free. Also i hate people that drive while their drunk you give people who drink a bad name.