ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   For those who want to trade our 2nd rounder for Surtain... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=114501)

shaneo69 04-19-2005 09:43 PM

For those who want to trade our 2nd rounder for Surtain...

If our 2nd rounder is gone, who do you want in the first, and how should we fix our LB problem?

Poll forthcoming, if I can figure this thing out. It may take awhile, I'm no Rainman.

jspchief 04-19-2005 09:45 PM

If we keep the scond round pick, how do we fix our LB problem? Take a LB at #15? Okay. How do we fix our CB problem?

milkman 04-19-2005 09:45 PM

If we get Surtain, then a tradedown becomes more attractive, unless DJ falls to 15, or we can find a creative way to move up to pick him.

milkman 04-19-2005 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief
If we keep the scond round pick, how do we fix or LB problem? Take a LB at #15? Okay. How do we fix our CB problem?

If we don't trade the #2 for Surtain (:cuss: Carl, get it done!), then draft Carlos Rogers at 15, and a LB at 46.

suds79 04-19-2005 09:49 PM

With or without Surtain, I want either Rolle, Rogers or Jones (and in that order) with the 1st pick.

The only exception to that would be if Derrick Johnson is there.

Here's why I say take a CB no matter what.

If Eric Warfield gets suspended for the 1st 4 games next year and we don't have one of those top rated CBs, we're done. It won't matter if we have Surtain because our opponents will just pick on our #2 & #3 CBs.

Say Eric Warfield can play. Then teams will just run out there 3 wide and simply pick on either Dexter or Burntee.

Basically what I'm saying is we need 3 quaility CBs going into next year and we currently have 1.

Bowser 04-19-2005 09:51 PM

A tradedown would solve our problems this year. It makes sense, so it won't happen.

Logical 04-19-2005 09:52 PM

I will say it again, there are still quite a few free agent linebackers that have not been picked up. Are they Hartwell quality, no, but they are better than the alternatives presently on the Chiefs roster. Assuming that Fujita recovers from his surgery then we really only need one LB. We really need two CBs given that Warfield is likely to get a 4 game suspension.

The Bad Guy 04-19-2005 09:52 PM

If we get Surtain, draft Rogers and sign Warrick Holdman to play WLB.

I want 2 corners that will be in KC for the next 5 years.

Hammock Parties 04-19-2005 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vlad Logicslav
We really need two CBs given that Warfield is likely to get a 4 game suspension.

From what I've heard the 4-game suspension is going to be waived...

milkman 04-19-2005 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79
With or without Surtain, I want either Rolle, Rogers or Jones (and in that order) with the 1st pick.

The only exception to that would be if Derrick Johnson is there.

Here's why I say take a CB no matter what.

If Eric Warfield gets suspended for the 1st 4 games next year and we don't have one of those top rated CBs, we're done. It won't matter if we have Surtain because our opponents will just pick on our #2 & #3 CBs.

Say Eric Warfield can play. Then teams will just run out there 3 wide and simply pick on either Dexter or Burntee.

Basically what I'm saying is we need 3 quaility CBs going into next year and we currently have 1.

We need LBs just as badly as CBs, if not moreso.

jspchief 04-19-2005 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SideWinder
If we don't trade the #2 for Surtain (:cuss: Carl, get it done!), then draft Carlos Rogers at 15, and a LB at 46.

And that LB at #46 isn't likely to be better than what we have.

My point is, whether we have a second round pick or not, chances are that we'll only be able to upgrade one spot through the draft (with pick #15). So we might as well guarantee an upgrade with that 2nd round pick by trading it for Surtain.

suds79 04-19-2005 09:56 PM

Quote:

We need LBs just as badly as CBs, if not moreso.

Yeah it kinda sucks we ya have a defense as bad as we do.

It's a pick your poision. I'll take teams getting several 10 yard plays (running) rather than several 40 yard plays (passing). Give me the CB.

milkman 04-19-2005 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vlad Logicslav
I will say it again, there are still quite a few free agent linebackers that have not been picked up. Are they Hartwell quality, no, but they are better than the alternatives presently on the Chiefs roster. Assuming that Fujita recovers from his surgery then we really only need one LB. We really need two CBs given that Warfield is likely to get a 4 game suspension.

The problem is that I just don't see Carl doing anything more in FA after getting Surtain.

milkman 04-19-2005 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief
And that LB at #46 isn't likely to be better than what we have.

My point is, whether we have a second round pick or not, chances are that we'll only be able to upgrade one spot through the draft (with pick #15). So we might as well guarantee an upgrade with that 2nd round pick by trading it for Surtain.

You won't get any argument from me.

The Bad Guy 04-19-2005 10:00 PM

Quote:

The problem is that I just don't see Carl doing anything more in FA after getting Surtain.

I completely disagree about the fact we need LBs more than CBs.

Our pass defense has been consistently horrible for forever now.

We can snag an Anthony Simmons or Warrick Holdman after the draft.