ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KSU KSU vs Alabama for Natl Champion - Who wins? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265468)

WilliamTheIrish 10-21-2012 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HolyHandgernade (Post 9035961)
I agree 'Bama is going to win, but this isn't the reason why. I wonder if both coaches would perform the same if Saban had Snyder's level of talent and Snyder got Saban's. Snyder is amazing in the coaching realm.

This has always been a ridiculous talking point. Especially from the reeruned aspect of our EMAW brethren.

Coaching IS recruiting. Mack Brown gets a ridiculous amount of criticism because he recruits well and doesn't win the Big XII every year. Same with Rick Barnes. They are both great coaches. And the argument that coach x could do so much more with others talent, discounts the aspect recruiting plays in making a great coach.

Saban is great because he gets a ton of talent on campus and closes the deal. Snyder doesn't recruit well, nor do his staff. But there is still a TON of talent at key positions. The best talent has come through transfers. Plus, EMAW has a real leader at the most important position.
Several weeks ago one of the phogtards said the talent level between KU and KSU was virtually the same. That the entire difference was coaching. Needless to say, that person just regugitates a talking point that has been repeated so often, it's taken as gospel.

Can the EMAW make it through to the MNC? Sure. But we are also just good enough to lose anywhere along the way. I'm here for the ride.

To the 'ship!

BigMeatballDave 10-21-2012 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 9034955)

The talent level from the SEC teams like LSU, Florida, Bama are so far above and beyond what K-State currently puts on the field that it's not really comparable.

Exactly. And it PROVES Snyder is the better coach.

baitism 10-21-2012 03:22 PM

Think Hawaii vs. Georgia a few years ago. K-State's offense doesn't work when they can't get offensive line push, and they wouldn't. Klein would also get the snot beat out of him trying to run.

KevB 10-21-2012 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baitism (Post 9036065)
Think Hawaii vs. Georgia a few years ago. K-State's offense doesn't work when they can't get offensive line push, and they wouldn't. Klein would also get the snot beat out of him trying to run.

Now KState is Hawaii? Good grief.

BigMeatballDave 10-21-2012 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamInnerCircle (Post 9036046)

Snyder doesn't recruit well, nor do his staff.

I think they can only do so much.

I mean, who would choose Manhattan over Austin?

Saulbadguy 10-21-2012 03:26 PM

K-State has a surprising amount of talent this year, more than usual.

Tough to comprehend, I know.

HolyHandgernade 10-21-2012 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamInnerCircle (Post 9036046)
This has always been a ridiculous talking point. Especially from the reeruned aspect of our EMAW brethren.

Coaching IS recruiting. Mack Brown gets a ridiculous amount of criticism because he recruits well and doesn't win the Big XII every year. Same with Rick Barnes. They are both great coaches. And the argument that coach x could do so much more with others talent, discounts the aspect recruiting plays in making a great coach.

Saban is great because he gets a ton of talent on campus and closes the deal. Snyder doesn't recruit well, nor do his staff. But there is still a TON of talent at key positions. The best talent has come through transfers. Plus, EMAW has a real leader at the most important position.
Several weeks ago one of the phogtards said the talent level between KU and KSU was virtually the same. That the entire difference was coaching. Needless to say, that person just regugitates a talking point that has been repeated so often, it's taken as gospel.

Can the EMAW make it through to the MNC? Sure. But we are also just good enough to lose anywhere along the way. I'm here for the ride.

To the 'ship!

I agree recruiting is an important part of a coach's job, but that doesn't happen during the hypothetical game. Not unless one is drawing extended points of connection. Snyder might get "out-athleted" in such a game, but I doubt he's getting "out coached".

On top of that, there isn't a "level playing field" in recruiting. Some schools have built in advantages other schools won't, most prominently, location. A school also can't "invent" a tradition/history. That's why certain schools will always be at the top of the pecking order, and others are flash in the pans. State population and the number of Division1 athletes (also regionally), is another huge factor.

So, the simple fact Saban recruits better than Snyder isn't all from a level opportunity in the recruiting game. Snyder and KSU are fighting an uphill battle there. That's not to say Saban doesn't have to work hard to maintain that level, he absolutely does, and should be commended for it.

LoneWolf 10-21-2012 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 9035878)
I'm from Louisiana. An LSU fan. Yes, I'm terribly jealous of all of those NC's that K-State has claimed.

Oh shit wait a minute........

Not really. Snyder never got there before, has kind of been the Marty of college football.

They certainly could get there, but K-State would get slaughtered by the three SEC teams I mentioned. More than likely it's going to be Oregon and Bama.

Decade of dominance.........you can't make that shit up.

Wouldn't Les Miles then be the George Siefert of college football? He took Saban's last two recruiting classes to his only National Championship and is pretty much known as a stupid mother****er by everyone that isn't an LSU fan.

Reerun_KC 10-21-2012 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9035991)
This thread had AIDS before it was even conceived.

Someone carried this thread out of an aids forest in a bucket.

mnchiefsguy 10-21-2012 04:11 PM

I picked Bama simply because they are on a whole plain in college football right now. Not sure anyone is even close.

I do think K-State would give them a helluva run though, and it would a good, watchable matchup....Bama would win, but they would have to show up and play sharp.

Alabama wins this game probably 8 times out of 10.

Titty Meat 10-21-2012 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9036072)
I think they can only do so much.

I mean, who would choose Manhattan over Austin?

There's a lot of schools that are in towns like Manhattan and still recruit well.

Mother****erJones 10-21-2012 04:20 PM

Bama blows KSTATE out. Wins 10 of 10 times

SAUTO 10-21-2012 04:23 PM

I think Alabama wins 7 of 10 match UPS
Posted via Mobile Device

DaKCMan AP 10-21-2012 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 9035959)
Right. Lost 14-6 to Florida in the swamp. #3 defense in the country. Terrible.

LSU got dominated by Florida much more than the final score shows. Florida held LSU to 42 yards rushing (1.7 ypc) and put up 176 yds on the ground. Florida had the ball 15 more minutes than LSU, had 22 first downs to LSU's 8, ran 25 straight running plays to close out the game, and shut LSU out in the 2nd half. LSU got destroyed by Florida. Florida didn't even attempt a pass in the 4th qtr.

tredadda 10-21-2012 04:26 PM

KSU's advantage over teams that are more talented than them is coaching. I am no KSU fan, but I respect Snyder. Against most teams that superior coaching works in KSU's favor. Problem is Alabama is equally well coached and are CLEARLY more talented from top to bottom. Bama wins and it would not even be close.