ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   I was wrong. Here to admit it. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=100521)

Taco John 10-05-2004 10:33 AM

I was wrong. Here to admit it.

Don't let this go to your head too much, because based on what I've seen around this place the last three week, you guys can take a ball and run with it all the way to Albequerque (watching this place go from threads about how to reinforce the shower rod to support your weight, to nominating Gunther for Almighty Dictator of the Universe despite having given up 24 points to that pathetic Ravens offense has been wholly amusing).

But I want to clear the air on something I said that was wrong. While my track record here for getting things right is so good (as an example, I nailed Holmes losing his second level burst last year and both Dick and Priest corroborated it), there comes a time when a man has got to recognize when he's wrong and sack up and say it.

I was wrong about Trent Green.

Trent Green is legitimately a top ten quarterback in this league. I wouldn't go so far as to say top five, but he's certainly top ten. I would still take Plummer over him, because of the mobility that he gives our offense and how amusing it is to watch him bootleg you guys all day long and I dig the way he conducts himself as the leader of our team, but I'm not going to shake any sticks at Green's ability to quarterback your team. At one time I had said that it was all about your offensive line, and that's why Trent looked so good. And while I believe that led to his career changing confidence boost, the fact is, the guy finds a way to get it done. He might not be the smoothest scrambler there is, but he gets away and makes plays.

It's hard not to respect what I'm seeing.

So go ahead, and take the "TrINT is back" signatures out of your profiles, and pretend like you never gave up on him the whole time. I won't say anything...

ROYC75 10-05-2004 10:37 AM

Who is this ? OK, where is Taco, what have you done with him.

David. 10-05-2004 10:39 AM

yeah and 24 points. Take away a punt return, a int in the endzone called back, and a ****ING flea flicker :shake: and our defense flat dominated them.

jspchief 10-05-2004 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taco John
nominating Gunther for Almighty Dictator of the Universe despite having given up 24 points to that pathetic Ravens offense has been wholly amusing).

While we're talking about you being wrong...our D didn't give up 24 to the Ravens.

el borracho 10-05-2004 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taco John
... based on what I've seen around this place the last three week, you guys can take a ball and run with it all the way to Albequerque ...

... and when you get here we should have a beer... :toast:

Iowanian 10-05-2004 10:42 AM

hmmm...There might be a couple of medium sized pills in that sack afterall.

Since its a bye week, I'd be happy to bring the handy-man corner thread back up, and we can discuss ways to volcano-proof your home....

PS...this is a good place to add that Priest Holmes is a superior RB to Griffin, and that the Defense only gave up 17 points.

ChiefsOne 10-05-2004 10:43 AM

Thanks a little Taco and f@$k you very much!

Taco John 10-05-2004 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David.
yeah and 24 points. Take away a punt return, a int in the endzone called back, and a ****ING flea flicker :shaek: and our defense flat dominated them.

Congratulations. If you take away things that happened last night, your defense dominated a bad offense.

Also, if woodpeckers had lips, they could whistle.

Baby Lee 10-05-2004 10:44 AM

This thread needs one of those Star Wars "It's a TRAP!!!!" posts.

Taco John 10-05-2004 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian
PS...this is a good place to add that Priest Holmes is a superior RB to Griffin, and that the Defense only gave up 17 points.

I've never even considered that he wasn't.

Iowanian 10-05-2004 10:45 AM

and If Griffin had played KC last night, he'd be averaging 1.5ypc and .95 fumbles per game this season.

Phobia 10-05-2004 10:46 AM

I gotta disagree. I'm still not a huge fan. I'm not over the "L" he hung on the Chiefs last weekend. There's something wrong with the way he's throwing the ball. His mechanics are off.

Yes, he evades surprisingly well. He makes things happen with that ability and that's an assett. I don't think that puts him in the top 10, though. If it does, that's an indictment on the league's top 10 QB's more than it is a compliment to Trent Green.

Sure-Oz 10-05-2004 10:47 AM

The d is improving, its good to see that. Last night should def. boost their confidence and trents of our wr's

Iowanian 10-05-2004 10:49 AM

Green definitely plays with heart...........He's definitely doing everything he can to stay on his feet and make a play happen(see the run to the 1)......I did think he was throwing the ball pretty well last night, but agree with Phildo that he hasn't been throwing the ball that well so far..........maybe its the wrs, maybe its timing, maybe its confidence in the WRs....maybe its that Welbourn is blocking now................

Braincase 10-05-2004 10:49 AM

Taco,

If it makes you feel better, we were wrong about Q.

L8r