ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Money It's that time of year, TAX RETURN TIME! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269484)

okoye35chiefs 01-30-2013 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 9364477)
So do you have to file ammended returns with the correct information or what?

Who was your tax guy and why the **** can he not do taxes?

Yeah I am all set now and the tax guy gets shit on by the IRS because he is certified. Not for sure but I think IRS gets all over them after a certain amount of errors? If anyone knows I would love to know.. Anyways I fired him..

but just the back and forth with the irs is not something anyone should have to look forward to...

Buehler445 01-30-2013 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okoye35chiefs (Post 9364953)
Yeah I am all set now and the tax guy gets shit on by the IRS because he is certified. Not for sure but I think IRS gets all over them after a certain amount of errors? If anyone knows I would love to know.. Anyways I fired him..

but just the back and forth with the irs is not something anyone should have to look forward to...

Yeah, they have an obligation to file taxes correctly and I don't know what is an acceptable error for preparers. I'm pretty sure it matters whether he is a CPA or just a certified tax preparer. Either way, he's feeling the pain too.

Your new guy should help you with the IRS. You'll get billed, but I'd let handle it.

okoye35chiefs 01-31-2013 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 9365270)
Yeah, they have an obligation to file taxes correctly and I don't know what is an acceptable error for preparers. I'm pretty sure it matters whether he is a CPA or just a certified tax preparer. Either way, he's feeling the pain too.

Your new guy should help you with the IRS. You'll get billed, but I'd let handle it.

thanks

Rasputin 01-31-2013 10:34 AM

Got my appointment with H&R Block today at noon. Am hoping for a good return I do need it.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-31-2013 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 9364035)
I shouldn't pay as much as I did last year, but any tax savings I'm going to use to purchase lube for next year.

But if you're going to put it towards debt, I wouldn't split it up, I would put the entire portion that you are putting towards debt in the single liability with the highest interest rate.

Best of luck bud.

Smart guy right here. Always pay off the highest interest first. All of it. No division. Less interest will equal more walking around money for your lady.

Iowanian 01-31-2013 11:56 AM

This is the time of year that I'm normally going to the bank to pay my tax deposits and watching people who haven't thought about working in years get their $6k "refund" counted out to them in front of me.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-31-2013 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9364656)
The company provides STD to all employees.

With this economy believe me, we're all getting gonnasyphaherpaids.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-31-2013 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 9367537)
This is the time of year that I'm normally going to the bank to pay my tax deposits and watching people who haven't thought about working in years get their $6k "refund" counted out to them in front of me.

All for popping out babies! Tell me THAT'S not welfare. :shake:

loochy 01-31-2013 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9367552)
All for popping out babies! Tell me THAT'S not welfare. :shake:

THEY HAVE A HARD LIFE THEY DESERVE IT OBAMA NO GUNS AND TIP WAITERS!

Garcia Bronco 01-31-2013 12:04 PM

I am always amused by people that don't adjust their taxes so they get no return (where applicable) because that just means you over paid all year and gave the government an interest free loan with nothing to secure said loan with....

Oh and for all the people that haven't noticed.

FICA tax went up roughly 4 percent 1/1/13.

Rausch 01-31-2013 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 9367537)

I keep waiting for the day I get my "you're broke here's your tax break" return...

Mr. Flopnuts 01-31-2013 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9367559)
THEY HAVE A HARD LIFE THEY DESERVE IT OBAMA NO GUNS AND TIP WAITERS!

LOL You forgot free phones! TO DC!!!

loochy 01-31-2013 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9367575)
I keep waiting for the day I get my "you're broke here's your tax break" return...

Why should you be rewarded for doing the right thing?

loochy 01-31-2013 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9367581)
LOL You forgot free phones! TO DC!!!

ring ring ring obamaphone

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8if1pbQioCg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

mr. tegu 01-31-2013 12:12 PM

We buy the H&R Block Deluxe computer program. It is really easy to use.