ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   The Pussification Of The Western Male (long but worth it) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=74328)

Frazod 11-06-2003 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ENDelt260
I used to have bleach blond hair in college.

I couldn't do it now, tho. Eminem completely ruined that for everyone. Bastard.

I was wondering why you held your pinky out when you drank your beer..... :evil:

Simplex3 11-06-2003 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memyselfi
perhaps you should be directing that frustration towards assembly line school systems that teach all children in the same fashion and at the same rate when we clearly know that not all children learn in the same fashion and at the same rate.

Don't get me started.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/show...21&postcount=25

KCWolfman 11-06-2003 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod
I was wondering why you held your pinky out when you drank your beer..... :evil:

I was wondering why you two were in the bathroom for so long at the bar.

Frazod 11-06-2003 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCWolfman
I was wondering why you two were in the bathroom for so long at the bar.

It was a mistake - he followed me in there thinking it was you. :)

KCWolfman 11-06-2003 10:13 PM

Quote:

It was a mistake - he followed me in there thinking it was you. :)

LOL

KCWolfman 11-06-2003 10:13 PM

Quote:

That's for stabilization. Like how the T-Rex kept his tail aloft.

Hmmm "aloft" and "two ton Dinosaurs" are not phrases I generally put together in my mind.

stevieray 11-06-2003 10:13 PM

True story. My then nine year old daught er is on the playground with a classmate, one who she has spent the night with numerous times, vice versa, etc....girl pulled my daughters hair...my daughter pulls back, teacher sees her...takes her to the principals office, where we get called in and are TOLD that my daughter might need therapy. over ONE incident.

Ever since violence was brought in and ACCEPTED in school, they are starting to treat children like they are criminals waiting to happen....Standards will eventually be so high, we won't have kids, we'll have desensitized robots.

Parents?, that means 6 out of 10 times it's PARENT....something else that is just accepted....oh well, just another broken family.

Frazod 11-06-2003 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray
True story. My then nine year old daught er is on the playground with a classmate, one who she has spent the night with numerous times, vice versa, etc....girl pulld my daighters hair...my daughter pulls back, teacher sees her...takes her to the principals office, where we get called in and are TOLD that my daugher might need therapy. over ONE incident.

Ever since violence was brought in and ACCEPTED in school, they are starting to treat children like they are criminals waiting to happen....Standards will eventually be so high, we won't have kids, we'll have desensitized robots.

Parents?, that means 6 out of 10 times it's PARENT....something else that is just accepted....oh well, just another broken family.

I hope you told the dumbfuck principal that he/she might need therapy. :shake:

Simplex3 11-06-2003 10:18 PM

Quote:

I had therapy when I was a kid.

Course, Dad just called it beating my ass.

I remember the first time I heard Denis Leary describe real therapy as "crying and mowing the lawn at the same time" thinking, "Man, that sounds kinda familiar."

ROFL I was there too!

Frazod 11-06-2003 10:19 PM

Quote:

I had therapy when I was a kid.

Course, Dad just called it beating my ass.

I remember the first time I heard Denis Leary describe real therapy as "crying and mowing the lawn at the same time" thinking, "Man, that sounds kinda familiar."

Metrosexual man would want your dad locked up and you placed in a foster home. :banghead:

stevieray 11-06-2003 10:19 PM

Quote:

Yup, my wife was pissed off more than I was...."This is one time I put my arms around my daughter and say BACK OFF...."

Jenny Gump 11-06-2003 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memyselfi
perhaps you should be directing that frustration towards assembly line school systems that teach all children in the same fashion and at the same rate when we clearly know that not all children learn in the same fashion and at the same rate.

Now, this is something we can agree on.

KCWolfman 11-06-2003 10:23 PM

Quote:

I have no doubt that Steve corrected the issue promptly.

My son is a tall drink of water (yeah, he doesn't have my height genes). I was called to school due to him getting in a fight. I had to speak with the principal before I saw my son. She said that he attacked two kids and he would be suspended for three days. She also suggested counselling.

I told her that was unacceptable based upon the data she gathered. I asked for a conference with the three boys, the other parents, and the principal. She declined. I asked the punishment of the other boys. She stated it wasn't necessary for me to have that information.

I got my son, spoke to him, got his side, and contacted the Superintendent of the school system. The Supe scheduled a hearing the next day with all three boys, 5 witnesses, parents of all the kids, and the principal. We came to find out that the two boys my son "attacked" were the only ones with different stories.

The other 6 (including mine) said the boys took my sons clothes and got them wet. He called them some names and started getting dressed. They started running by him and smacking the back of his head. He finally got tired of it. He shoved one into a locker and punched the other.

Since the boys were smaller, the teacher assumed he was being a bully. The Superintendent to his findings and the recording to the school board......

I still have the written apology from the Principal.

My kids (girls included) will not be sissified by any governmental system. I am proud of my boy for not only attempting to ignore the punks, but also for putting them down when it was necessary.

Frazod 11-06-2003 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCWolfman
I have no doubt that Steve corrected the issue promptly.

My son is a tall drink of water (yeah, he doesn't have my height genes). I was called to school due to him getting in a fight. I had to speak with the principal before I saw my son. She said that he attacked two kids and he would be suspended for three days. She also suggested counselling.

I told her that was unacceptable based upon the data she gathered. I asked for a conference with the three boys, the other parents, and the principal. She declined. I asked the punishment of the other boys. She stated it wasn't necessary for me to have that information.

I got my son, spoke to him, got his side, and contacted the Superintendent of the school system. The Supe scheduled a hearing the next day with all three boys, 5 witnesses, parents of all the kids, and the principal. We came to find out that the two boys my son "attacked" were the only ones with different stories.

The other 6 (including mine) said the boys took my sons clothes and got them wet. He called them some names and started getting dressed. They started running by him and smacking the back of his head. He finally got tired of it. He shoved one into a locker and punched the other.

Since the boys were smaller, the teacher assumed he was being a bully. The Superintendent to his findings and the recording to the school board......

I still have the written apology from the Principal.

My kids (girls included) will not be sissified by any governmental system. I am proud of my boy for not only attempting to ignore the punks, but also for putting them down when it was necessary.

Well done. :thumb:

|Zach| 11-06-2003 10:27 PM

Interesting.